more ยป" />

Guaranteed

by Meghann on October 13, 2009

Snacks that are always guaranteed to fill me up and make me happy:

• Yogurt & Granola
  • A Big, Juicy Apple
  • Mixed Nuts
  • Protein Bar
  • And Almond Butter & Carrots

My lunch turned out to not be very filling and around 2:30 I was starving. Luckily i just happened to have one of those guaranteed filling snacks waiting for me in the fridge.

As always, the combination of Almond Butter & Carrots did the trick and I was able to make it the rest of the afternoon without wanting to chew my arm off.

It was nice after work to just come home and vege on my couch. I kept my lap top shut and caught up on Gossip Girl, Greek and the new season of Girls Next Door. It was a little weird watching Girls Next Door and realizing I am older then all of Hef’s new girlfriends. Ughh.. I don’t know whether this makes me feel old or just plain sad. What do you think?

For dinner I had a classic american meal of Hot Dog And French Fries.

Well not exactly…

By Hot Dog I mean Organic Apple Chicken Sausage on Whole Wheat Toast with Spinach, Sauerkraut, and Ketchup.

And by French Fries I mean homemade Sweet Potato Fries that were baked in the oven at 420 for 15 minutes.

With a couple of pickles on the side.

Boy do I love classic american meals. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Dessert was a hodge podge of Dark Chocolate Covered Edamame, TJ Mini PB Cups. Sour Patch Watermelons, and a Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kiss.

A Little Publicity Goes A Long Way..

Guess which insurance company finally came to their senses and accepted the ‘too fat’ baby?

Perhaps the interviews on Nightly News, Today Show, and national wide attention had something to do with it? Either way I’m glad the insurance company realized they were in the wrong, even if it was to cover their own ass.

1 Emily October 13, 2009 at 9:11 pm

Your American meal looks yummy! I’ve been on the look out for chicken sausage and cannot seem to find it, darnit!

Glad the ins. company finally accepted the baby!

2 traveleatlove October 13, 2009 at 9:13 pm

Yum your meal looks delicous! I sometimes just crave good ol food like that, and your adaptation looks like something that I would actually eat!

3 Erica October 13, 2009 at 9:13 pm

Great meal, awesome dessert. I really want to try that chocolate covered edamame! Is it from TJs? WFs?

4 Meghann October 14, 2009 at 5:41 am

They’re from TJ’s ๐Ÿ™‚

5 Ali October 13, 2009 at 9:22 pm

Dinner looks good! I have yet to try carrots with almond butter, I think I will have t tomorrow.

I think it is sad that Hef’s gf’s are younger than you (and me). I just don’t understand the whole thing. I watched an episode with them and thought it was awful. I don’t think it will be as good as the old seasons.

6 Lyss October 13, 2009 at 9:25 pm

that story is ridiculous. there are enough ridiculous standards placed on society as it is, and now they want to branch out to discriminating against infants? good thing they realized they were wrong and fixed the situation!

ps. i just started up a new blog – i’m training for a 1/2 marathon! i read through a bunch of your race recaps (in a semi-stalkerish way…) and i’m really excited to someday have one of my own!!

7 Kate October 13, 2009 at 9:32 pm

I am drooooling over those sausages!

8 Stacey October 13, 2009 at 9:34 pm

LOL I’ve stopped trying to keep up with Heff’s girlfriends, I’m not sure if it’s sad or admirable that at his age he can STILL get any blonde woman he wants!
Your eats look yummy!

9 Jessica October 13, 2009 at 9:43 pm

I love that you have dessert every night!

10 Jenna October 13, 2009 at 9:55 pm

i love how you can make such an american meal into a wicked healthy meal! go you ๐Ÿ™‚
and btw your dessert bowl looks fab!
jenna

11 Julie October 13, 2009 at 10:05 pm

I think it’s sad that Hef actually thinks these girls are attracted to his looks. Not for nothing, he is a good looking old guy, but I wouldn’t want to share a bed with him.

I’m glad the little cubby wubby baby got insured, he was adorable. Chubbie babies are cute and they deserve coverage too!

12 angieinatlanta October 13, 2009 at 10:06 pm

Your dessert looks like a great snacky plate! Love it!

And how do you get your fries to actually look like fries? Mine never do…

13 amanda October 13, 2009 at 10:24 pm

I used to like girls next door, now I dont think I will! Those twins are gross and the other girl looks like she is 40! My fav episode with the old girls was when they were having a movie night and the girls got junk food and hef ate a hard boiled egg and rice pudding! hahahaha he is too old for this!

14 Leianna October 13, 2009 at 10:34 pm

Your little trail mix would definetely hit the dessert spot!
Your dinners are always so mouth watering!

15 Simone @ P:T October 13, 2009 at 10:42 pm

I have been looking for those pumpkin spice hershey kisses EVERYWHERE but apparently no where in nyc sells them!…Not cool! At least I finally found the pumpkin ice cream. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I wish pumpkin everything could last all year round but then I guess it wouldn’t be so special. sigh.

16 Chloe October 13, 2009 at 11:02 pm

Do you keep snacks in your work fridge? I’ve been trying to bulk up my snack foods so these are great ideas!

Great news about the baby, it really shows how bad our health care system is.

17 Meghann October 14, 2009 at 5:43 am

Yes, I keep snacks in the work fridge. The carrots were actually a snack I had brought in the day before but didn’t have time to eat. I was very happy to have them today instead

18 Emily October 13, 2009 at 11:06 pm

Can I just eat your dessert off the screen? I’m totally having a sugar craving, but I have NOTHING in the house. I’m debating going out, but I should probably just go to bed ๐Ÿ˜‰

Healthcare makes me so frustrated. As someone who is self-employed, I spend a crazy amount of money on my insurance and they don’t even cover things I use (contact lenses, orthodics, etc.) They’re always trying to find ways to get out of covering things – it’s too bad the news can’t bring to light ALL the injustices.

19 chasingthenow October 14, 2009 at 12:04 am

Yeah, that makes me feel a little old too. Gosh. I don’t like that.

Chocolate bowl looks like heaven on earth, btw.

20 Sarah (LovIN My Tummy) October 14, 2009 at 12:12 am

Yay for the fat baby! I was right…what do I win?!

21 Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) October 14, 2009 at 12:23 am

I do not understand Hugh Hefner at all. And his young girlfriends definitely make me feel old too. I’m only 26!!

22 Julie @savvyeats October 14, 2009 at 12:26 am

Mmmm….I just discovered chocolate-covered edamame at Trader Joe’s and it may be one of my new favorite “treats.” Along with Maya Gold and Scharffen Berger chocolate… ๐Ÿ™‚

23 blueberrymuffins October 14, 2009 at 12:32 am

yum dinner! heheh that show is funny to watch, i don’t even know why i like it.

24 J @ Whole Body Love October 14, 2009 at 12:40 am

It’s amazing what companies will do to cover their ….um… selves.

25 jennylikestorun October 14, 2009 at 12:52 am

Oh my gosh. I’m so hungry and your food looks so good lol. Good ol’ American Classic meals aye? ๐Ÿ˜‰

26 Apple Bottom Genes October 14, 2009 at 2:08 am

Hooray for that family! The insurance company should be ashamed. I love Greek even though I just found it and am only on Season 1.

27 carolinebee October 14, 2009 at 7:17 am

PSH it was all of your blog publicity Meghann, good for the little chubby baby! ๐Ÿ˜€

28 healthy ashley October 14, 2009 at 7:35 am

Oh no! You’re too old to be Hef’s girlfriend?!

I just found Greek on hulu and strangely I really like it!

29 Morgan @ Life After Bagels October 14, 2009 at 8:04 am

I admittedly loved Holly, Bridget, and Kendra!

30 katajess October 14, 2009 at 8:08 am

I’m only 21 and I found it crazy that Hef’s twin girlfriends are a year younger than me. :S Love the show though, it’s a guilty pleasure. I think I even like Crystal better than Holly.. she seems a bit more down to earth.

Sweet potato fries are such a good idea! Yumm!

31 Susan October 14, 2009 at 8:21 am

That meal looks fabulous!

I’m getting to the point where a lot of people on reality shows are younger than me now… it’s weird! I used to think the people on the Real World were so old – now they’re so young!

32 inmytummy October 14, 2009 at 8:30 am

Please come to my house and make me dinner. Kthanksbye.

33 Mica October 14, 2009 at 8:39 am

Your dinner looks tasty! I definitely saw sausages like that at the grocery store yesterday, but they were really expensive. Now I am sad that I can’t make a meal with them. Maybe next time…

34 Lizzy October 14, 2009 at 9:29 am

yummy dinner, and a great spin on the american classic!

35 Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) October 14, 2009 at 9:40 am

I’m pretty sure I am older than Hef’s former girlfriends too, not to mention the new ones, ew. It makes me uncomfortable to think of how I am too old for an 80+ year old man, ewwwww.

Carrots + almond butter is one of my faves too!

36 Evan Thomas October 14, 2009 at 10:20 am

apple chicken sausage–yum!

37 Tina October 14, 2009 at 12:50 pm

That looks like a muuuch better classic American meal ๐Ÿ˜€

38 kristin October 14, 2009 at 12:54 pm

i opened this post to see the carrots and almond butter which is EXACTLY what I am eating right now! ๐Ÿ™‚ did you get the package yet? hopefully you get it today or tomorrow if not! ๐Ÿ™‚

39 Kristin October 14, 2009 at 5:25 pm

Yum! Love the “hot dog and fries” =)

and yay for the baby!