more ยป" />

A Scary Night of Fun

by Meghann on October 10, 2009

Happy (Early) Halloween from Halloween Horror Nights 2009!

We were spooked, we were scared and we survived.

I believe it’s safe to say HHN this year was a success. ๐Ÿ™‚

Halloween Horror Nights is a haunted, halloween themed event that Universal puts on every October. I’ve gone almost every year as far as back as I can remember. It’s really fun to see a whole different side to the park and its a nice nice break from the regular theme park protocol. (You can read last year’s adventure here)

The gates opened at 7:00, but we opted to head in a little later and stopped at the wonderful Pizza Fusion for dinner before heading in.

I love this place, I just wish it wasn’t so far away.

Pizza Fusion prides itself on fresh organic ingredients and local suppliers. Even the Red Pale Ale I had last night was brewed locally at the Orlando Brewing Company. In fact the only beers they had on tap were all local!

All of Pizza Fusion’s pizza choices sound delicious. I think each time I come I am going to order something different. Last time I had the Farmer’s Market and this time went with the Founder’s Pie.

I asked for goat cheese instead of the trio cheese mix and added roasted eggplant. I split the large with Derek.

This piece x3.

As always the pizza was great. The multigrain crust was lighter then air, the topping had a little sweetness to them and the chicken tasted fresh and fabulous.

Two Thumbs Up!

On the way into Universal I was hoping to try the seasonal Pumpkin flavor at TCBY and was very disappointing when they didn’t have it. Instead I ordered a small Peanut Butter cone.

The rest of the evening was a great Halloween Horror Nights adventure!

We saw a lot of Haunted Houses…

IMG_3286.JPG IMG_3296.JPG

Got Lucky with short lines…

And I ran into some co-workers from work…

We squeezed every minute we could out of the night and didn’t end up getting home until 2:30am!! I can’t remember the last time I stay up that late.

Despite the late bed time, I still managed to get out of bed at 6:45am for my 10 miler this morning. Yes, I know I’m crazy.

On the way out the door I fueled up with a Mojo Mountain Mix Bar.

Surprisingly my run wasn’t bad at all. With my lack of sleep and later then usual start I was expecting the 10 miles to be torture, but they weren’t at all. I stayed in the shade and finished 10 miles in 1:41.

In fact when I was finished I still felt wide awake and ready to conquer my day. I do fully intend it to me at full force later though. ๐Ÿ˜‰

When I made it back to the apartment all I wanted was a smoothie.

In the blender:

• Ice
  • Frozen Berries
  • 1/2 packet Amazing Grass
  • 1 tablespoon Peanut Butter
  • 1 cup Milk
  • 1/2 tablespoon Chis Seeds

Perfect!

With the smoothie a blast from my childhood.

Toast sprinkled with Cinnamon and Sugar. Sometimes you just have to eat what you crave. ๐Ÿ™‚

I still have a TON to do this weekend, so I better get on it!

Have a great Saturday!!!

1 skinnyrunner October 10, 2009 at 11:04 am

out in southern california we have fright night at knotts berry (scary) farm and it sounds similar. all the employees dress up and try to scare you all night long. they’ll hide in bushes, chase you with fake chainsaws, come up behind you and scream in your face, its crazy but so fun!

2 Evan Thomas October 10, 2009 at 11:18 am

That looks like an awesome night. I am so jealous of the pizza pie and the whole pizza joint!

3 Island Girl Eats October 10, 2009 at 11:20 am

I love all of the pumpkin themed foods that you have been eating. Sadly, I don’t think that any of them will be reaching our small island. Bummer!

4 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) October 10, 2009 at 11:22 am

10 miles on 4 hours of sleep!? You really are a machine!! My roomie just had eggs with cheese (my childhood favorite) and a whole flood of memories came back ๐Ÿ™‚

5 BethT @ Pretty By The Bay October 10, 2009 at 11:41 am

I just love cinnamon toast…it’s straight out of my childhood!

6 MelissaNibbles October 10, 2009 at 11:52 am

I love Halloween! I wish I lived in Orlando and could go to that.
Great job on your run. You’re amazing!

7 Bridget October 10, 2009 at 11:54 am

Your night looks SO much fun!! It must be so awesome to live that close to theme parks…and still be in shorts and tanks. That pizza place sounds fabulous. Go you with your early morning run, and your making me want cin sugar toast now ๐Ÿ™‚ Happy Saturday!

8 Emily October 10, 2009 at 12:02 pm

Sounds like a great evening. I haven’t been to Disney since I was 8, but I bet it’s fun to go as an adult.

9 ~carolyn~ October 10, 2009 at 12:06 pm

wow, I guess I have been reading your blog for at least a year because I remember you going to this event last year! I so enjoy reading your blog and you inspire me with your running…I wish I loved it as much as you, but I think it just comes a little harder for me. I am gearing up for the Nike 1/2 next Sunday in San Francisco and then I am going to give my body a little break!

Oh and had to tell you my husband is in Orlando for a trade show and I sent him to Seasons 52! I just based that on reading it on the blogs. He loved it and even sent me shots from his iphone so I could share! What a guy!

So thanks for mentioning it on your blog…

10 Lizzy October 10, 2009 at 12:37 pm

What a fun friday night! i love halloween fun! ๐Ÿ™‚ Great job on that 10 miler this morning too! so proud ๐Ÿ™‚

11 Simone @ P:T October 10, 2009 at 12:43 pm

I still can’t believe halloween is just around the corner! Craziness

12 April October 10, 2009 at 1:49 pm

I love haunted houses! Looks like you had a great time! And I’m so jealous you get to wear shorts and tanks in October. I’m moving to Florida!

13 Tay October 10, 2009 at 1:55 pm

Mmmm I used to LOVE bagels with butter, cinnamon & sugar. My fave!

14 blueberrymuffins October 10, 2009 at 1:56 pm

Yummies! Pizza Fusion looks great!

15 Sweet and Fit October 10, 2009 at 2:37 pm

looks like you had so much fun! I can’t believe you are running on so little sleep – you really are an early bird!

16 Susan October 10, 2009 at 2:48 pm

10 miles after four hours of sleep? That’s amazing! I can barely cook myself breakfast after that much sleep ๐Ÿ˜› By the way, cinnamon toast is one of my childhood faves too.

17 Aggie October 10, 2009 at 2:54 pm

I have not had TCBY in forever…I have to find one near me! You are awesome for getting up this morning! You go girl! That takes some serious will power (it would for me!)

BTW…I give my kids ww cinnamon toast all the time, they love it! ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ll have to check out Pizza Fusion next time I’m out that way! I’ve never heard of it!

18 peaceloverunning October 10, 2009 at 3:11 pm

my mom used to make me cinnamon toast when i was little all the time. its so good! and great job on your 10 mile run :]

19 Bec October 10, 2009 at 3:59 pm

sounds like such a fun night at the park! I want to go to a haunted house of something ๐Ÿ™‚ Hope you have a fantastic weekend!

20 jennylikestorun October 10, 2009 at 5:19 pm

sounds like a really great night! Looks like heaps of fun ๐Ÿ™‚ I love halloween. I just wish it was celebrated with more enthusiasm here in New Zealand. It’s probably my second favourite holiday.
WELL DONE for going on your 10 miler despite the late night! That’s dedication ๐Ÿ™‚
And your food looks fantastic. After that 10 miler, you fully deserved that toast ๐Ÿ˜€

21 Apple Bottom Genes October 10, 2009 at 7:58 pm

I could not have frozen pumpkin deliciousness last night either when we went for frozen custard. I was bummed. The cinnamon toast takes me back to childhood Saturday mornings. So much fun. Have a good weekend!

22 Erica October 10, 2009 at 8:57 pm

Looks like a fun evening! So jealous of your TCBY- yummmm. Bummer they didn’t have pumpkin. Great job on the run. I have my long run tomorrow

23 Jessica October 10, 2009 at 9:52 pm

I grew up eating buttered toast with cinnamon sugar. It is a total comfort food for me. I love it!

24 Jenna October 10, 2009 at 10:47 pm

fun night!! pizza fusion looks wicked cool!
jenna