more ยป" />

Operation Beautiful

by Meghann on October 9, 2009

I was depressed for no reason at all this afternoon. In an effort to help cheer myself up I stopped at Publix to post these Operation Beautiful notes.

Spreading the message of love always makes me happier. ๐Ÿ™‚

(Please excuse my poor handwriting)

Are you spreading your own notes?

Don’t miss out on your chance to be a part of The Official Operation Beautiful Book and earn some serious prizes in the process.

Head over to operationbeautiful.com now for all the details. ๐Ÿ™‚

1 Riss October 9, 2009 at 7:30 pm

I’ve done the same thing… A few weeks ago I taped “I will love my body,” and “I will listen to my body” on my bathroom mirror to remind me to not only take care of myself but really appreciate all the incredible things I can do. I also have one I keep in my kitchen that says, “I don’t feed my body, I fuel it,” as a gentle reminder that what I put inside of me really does matter. You ought to see me when company comes over unexpectedly! I’m always scrambling around trying to rip them all down!!! =)
No need to be down on yourself! You’re beautiful just the way you are!

2 jennylikestorun October 9, 2009 at 8:30 pm

That’s great that you used “Operation Beautiful” to make you feel better ๐Ÿ™‚ It’s such an amazing thing. And It’s great that you did something PRODUCTIVE to lift your mood and change the way you were feeling instead of just wallowing in misery.
I love Operation Beautiful! ๐Ÿ˜€

3 Annamarina October 9, 2009 at 8:36 pm

I love the Operation Beautiful notes you posted today. I know the people who find them will be feeling great about themselves when they read the notes. I’m glad to see you found a running group to train with. I’ve been training for my first marathon (NYC!) all on my own and it has been HARD! I have my last long run (20 miles) tomorrow, and I really wish I had someone to run it with! As hard as it has been, I also feel proud of myself for getting out there every Saturday morning for my long runs – even when no one was waiting on me. It’s a great feeling to know how far I’ve come, but if I ever run a marathon again, I will definitely find a training group to run with! Good luck and have fun!

4 Easy Losing Weight October 9, 2009 at 8:55 pm

I have been depressed for no reason on many occasions. Those magazine set unrealistic expectations on people. I would rather be average weight, and be happy.

5 Nicole October 9, 2009 at 10:14 pm

I hope you are feeling better, Meghann! I have to admit, I was feeling a little down today as well.

I am sure that your notes brightened a bunch of peoples days, just like they have brightened mine ๐Ÿ™‚

6 Lizzy October 9, 2009 at 10:41 pm

i think posting operation beautiful notes is amazing! ๐Ÿ™‚ seriously brings a smile to my face!

7 Jenna October 9, 2009 at 10:54 pm

i just actually posted my first ever Operation Beautiful note and it felt great ๐Ÿ™‚
jenna

8 biz319 October 9, 2009 at 11:19 pm

Great idea Meghann – way to cheer yourself (and someone else!) up! ๐Ÿ˜€

You are beautiful – don’t ever forget that!

9 Diana October 10, 2009 at 3:13 am

I love that second one. ๐Ÿ˜‰

10 greensandjeans October 10, 2009 at 9:15 am

Nothing like bringing a smile to other people’s faces to put one on your own!

11 Whitney @ Lettuce Love October 10, 2009 at 9:44 am

That is a great way to make yourself feel better. I am going to do that tomorrow! ๐Ÿ™‚

12 Grace October 10, 2009 at 9:49 am

Awesome blog. Great pictures. I’m still in college, but it’s something I would certainly read.
-Grace

13 Tina October 10, 2009 at 11:08 am

That’s the perfect place for a note. I’ve noticed that doing something for other people always makes me feel better as well.

14 spindiva24 October 12, 2009 at 11:05 am

I love your OB notes…

and I think the girl on the cover of that magazine is horrendously un-attractive-ick! I would definitely keep my look as opposed to trying to get hers ๐Ÿ˜‰

Hope you’re feeling better today!

15 Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) October 13, 2009 at 1:43 pm

I love where you put your notes! I did a few over the weekend and I hope to do some more soon ๐Ÿ™‚