Busy Weekend Ahead

by Meghann on October 9, 2009

It’s finally Friday and I can’t wait for the weekend to start!

Derek is driving over tonight and we have a pretty packed schedule almost as soon as he arrives.

• Dinner at Pizza Fusion (Yum!!)
  • Halloween Horror Nights at Universal
  • 10 miler on Saturday morning (can probably count Derek of of this one 😉 )
  • Pick up race packets
  • Food and Wine Festival at Epcot (!!)
  • Race for the Taste 10k
  • Promptly pass out on couch Sunday afternoon with good movie/book

Somehow all those great events got squeezed into a single weekend. It’s going to be hectic, but lots of fun!

My Friday morning began as the past few Friday has begun, with a 45 minute yoga session thanks to yogadownload.com. I was really looking forward to this morning’s session. The stretching and mind clearing effects are really helpful in my marathon training.

Yoga was followed by a big bowl of cereal.

IMG_3238

• 1/4 cup Kashi Go Lean
  • 1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean Crunch
  • 1/2 cup Cinnamon Quaker Oatmeal Squares
  • Strawberries
  • Blackberries
  • Raspberries
  • 1/2 container Vanilla Oikos
  • Roasted Hazelnuts

I purchased the hazelnuts from Whole Food last weekend when they were out of bulk bin walnuts. They’ve been sitting on counter, so I figured I would try them this morning as a topping. The addition of the nuts to my cereal gave the whole bowl a nice crunch. The hazelnuts have a very mild nutty flavor that blended nicely with the other cereals.

IMG_3240

Why lookie here…

A year ago I opened my first g-mail account (graduatemeghann@gmail.com) with no clue how to work it. I slowly caught on to certain things, but never understood the majority of what gmail was capable of.

With little to no organization my e-mail began to get out of control. I did not understand how to move things out of my inbox without deleting it and couldn’t stand to delete anything. As of last Monday I had 2,333 e-mails in my inbox and 11 random unread messages that were mingled in there somewhere. I would leave a message unread if it required a response and before I knew it, it would be lost 2 or 4 pages back and I had no clue how to retrieve it!

Kath gave Caitlin a great tutorial on how gmail works for her when we were in Boston, but I managed to sleep through the entire lesson! After months of begging her to do an online review, I was happy to see her post Gmail Part 1 and Part II this past week.

A full week of organizing later I was finally able to whittle through my inbox. This morning for the first time since I opened my account my inbox contained 0 messages!!!

gmail

The biggest trick I learned was how to properly use the Archive button!! The archive button allows you to ‘hide’ your messages without actually deleting them. I labeled the majority of my e-mails for easy look up, starred the ones that needed a response and then archived everything!

It feels so liberating to have some e-mail organization back in my life!

Food, Inc Winner…

The randomly selected winner of the Food, Inc & Oikos prize pack is…..

TanyaS, on October 8th, 2009 at 11:03 pm Said:

I was just at my local meat shop on Saturday and ordered 65 lbs of local beef/pork/chicken. While I was there I grabbed some farm eggs & local potatoes & onions.

I’ve only bought meat from this shop since seeing Food Inc this summer. It truly changed my eating forever.

Congrats Tanya! Please e-mail me at graduatemeghann@gmail.com with your address so that I can confirm your winnings are on your way.

Don’t forget Food, Inc comes out on DVD on November 3rd!

1 Runeatrepeat October 9, 2009 at 9:11 am

Good luck on the race this weekend! My little bro tells me about all the Disney races since he’s obsessed with Disney World. Have fun 🙂

2 greensandjeans October 9, 2009 at 9:14 am

I have a 10 miler tomorrow as well! A good friend of mine is visiting this weekend and she declared she was going to run with me every day… until she heard about Saturday’s long run. Enjoy your weekend!

3 courtlove111 October 9, 2009 at 9:18 am

Glad to hear you are getting organized…doesn’t it feel so good!!!!
What a fun weekend you have planned…it might be busy but it is all such fun events!!

Happy Friday!
Courtney
Adventures in Tri-ing

4 Jessica October 9, 2009 at 9:19 am

I’m so jealous of the food and wine festival at epcot! How much fun!!

5 Diana October 9, 2009 at 9:28 am

Good luck on everything this weekend! 🙂
Gmail rocks. 😉

6 Kasondra October 9, 2009 at 9:30 am

good luck with the race. it sounds like you have an amazing weekend planned!!! speaking of yoga. i start teaching a yoga class at my gym on tuesday. what so you like/dislike about the classes you have attended. I really want the members to have a good experience!!!

7 cookinfanatic October 9, 2009 at 9:31 am

Ooooo I love pizza fusion!! My recommendation would be the farmer’s market veggie with wheat crust, so freaking good 🙂

8 Jenna October 9, 2009 at 9:34 am

busy but fun weekend you got there meghann!
hope it is a blast 🙂
jenna

9 Lizzy October 9, 2009 at 9:35 am

yay for a fun and busy weekend! 🙂 can’t wait for a race recap! 🙂

10 Anne Marie@ New Weigh of Life October 9, 2009 at 9:37 am

I can’t wait wait for the DVD. I haven’t gotten a chance to see it yet!

11 Emily October 9, 2009 at 9:39 am

Congrats on the “empty” inbox, that’s a good feeling! I loved Kath’s tutorial but I’m still confused about a few things.

12 Simone @ P:T October 9, 2009 at 9:53 am

I need to organize my gmail too. I have 4 different email address–work, school, personal, and one I use for when I order things online–however, I have them all forwarded to my personal account so I only have to check one account. You can bet that account gets A LOT of action. Some organization would do it some good!!

13 Trish (girlatgym) October 9, 2009 at 10:22 am

Sounds like a busy but fun weekend. I totally wish I were going to Disney!!! Have a great race!!!

14 Evan Thomas October 9, 2009 at 10:23 am

So jealous of your weekend ahead! Have a ton of fun and take great pics

15 verbalriot October 9, 2009 at 10:30 am

O0o0o I have the same GMail theme 🙂

Have a good weekend, looks fantastic!

16 MelissaNibbles October 9, 2009 at 10:38 am

Your weekend sounds like a blast. Universal will be so much fun! Enjoy and good luck with the ten miles.

17 Melissa October 9, 2009 at 10:42 am

Good luck on your 10 miler and 10K! Have fun at the Food and Wine Festival! I wanted to run in the Race for the Taste but it’s the same weekend as the Boston Half Marathon so I’m doing that instead.

I’m still super jealous that you’ll be at the Food and Wine! 🙂 I worked at Disney as part of the college program and being there for the entire festival was so much fun.

18 brandi October 9, 2009 at 11:05 am

sounds like a fun weekend! We have some fun plans too 🙂

I need to mess around with Gmail more.

19 Morgan @ Life After Bagels October 9, 2009 at 11:14 am

Although I am not a big blog celebrity like you lovely ladies of the HLS, I am looking forward to sinking my teeth into Kath’s tutorials so I can start off organized from the start, then when my blog is just as big, I’ll be super organized!

20 Mellissa October 9, 2009 at 11:27 am

Way to get your inbox organized, that has to feel great!

21 Rosey Rebecca October 9, 2009 at 11:49 am

Your weekend sounds like so much fun!! I have a gmail account and it is so confusing!! I’ll have to check out Kath’s tutorial! Have a great Friday!!

22 Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) October 9, 2009 at 11:50 am

Have a great weekend and good luck at the race tomorrow! I can’t wait to see Food, Inc. when it comes out on DVD. I’ve heard so much about it.

23 angieinatlanta October 9, 2009 at 11:52 am

I swear – nothing clears my head like an empty inbox!

24 kristen October 9, 2009 at 11:53 am

Enjoy your busy weekend!

By the way, not sure if this was mentioned in the comments yesterday because I didn’t read them all, but Christina Applegate is rocking the scarf and tank top combo on the cover of Women’s Health this month.

25 Dawn (HealthySDLiving) October 9, 2009 at 12:09 pm

Definitely a packed weekend! Have fun and good luck with the race! 🙂

26 Andee (Runtolive) October 9, 2009 at 12:14 pm

Sounds like a fun weekend! I’m also going to a Food & Wine Festival here in LA this weekend to cover the press for it, and it’s right after I run a marathon! But I can never turn down free tickets to a food event. Have fun!

27 Whit October 9, 2009 at 12:42 pm

I am slowly getting on the gmail bandwagon and I LOVE IT! 😀

28 biz319 October 9, 2009 at 12:42 pm

Sounds like a great weekend to me! You probably posted it somewhere, but how far away does Derek live from you??

Thanks for the veggie sammie tip – who knew they could be so high in calories?!

Happy Friday my dear!

29 Derek October 9, 2009 at 2:17 pm

too far =)

Hour and a half

30 Jacqueline October 9, 2009 at 12:48 pm

Good luck on your race this weekend. I know you’ll do great!

31 Lauren October 9, 2009 at 12:53 pm

Pizza fusion sounds like an awesome restaurant. You always seem to go to great places. You dinner last night looks AWESOME!

32 Tracey @ tropicalhappiness October 9, 2009 at 1:14 pm

I need to explore GMAIL too!!!!! I know about the archive and stars- I just need to get more organized and sort everything and keep up with it.

33 inmytummy October 9, 2009 at 1:18 pm

I need to look at her tutorials. I basically use the star but that’s it.

34 Allison October 9, 2009 at 1:28 pm

Sounds like a crazy but super fun weekend!!! Enjoy it! 🙂

35 Laura October 9, 2009 at 1:34 pm

Sounds like a packed weekend. Good luck with your runs! Have a great time.

36 Emily @ My Chubby Confessions October 9, 2009 at 2:13 pm

Sounds like you do have a busy weekend! I love busy weekends! =]

Congrats to the winner! But 65 pounds of meat is A LOT!!! lol

37 TanyaS October 9, 2009 at 11:52 pm

It will feed my family of four for a few months!

38 Kath October 12, 2009 at 9:41 pm