My New Scarf

by Meghann on October 8, 2009

Screw the record high temps. I’m going to wear my cute new scarf if I want to. 😉

IMG_3191

I feel pretty.

I bought this scarf on sale at American Eagle over the weekend. I now officially own two scarves. Wearing scarves is a habit I really want to pick up. They are just so cute! I guess I need to wait for it to cool down a little bit more outside. But scarves and tank tops can go together… right?

Actually, my run was a little bit cooler this morning then it has been any other day this week. For starters I felt like I was actually running instead of swimming in the humidity. I completed 6 miles at a 9:15 pace and felt great.

I know this is my third time having a very similar breakfast this week, but the combination is sooooo good and very filling!

IMG_3185

The star of course was my wonderful Honeycrisp Apple with cinnamon and Naturally Nutty Chocolate Toffee Butter Peanut Butter for dipping.

IMG_3187

I bought 5 Honeycrisp Apples on Sunday and currently have one left in my produce drawer. At this rate I am going to go very broke eating my favorite variety of apples this season. It may be worth it.

With my apple I had my last slice of Pumpkin Swirl Bread.

IMG_3189

Thanks again for the bread Megan! It was delish!

I had a couple of comments last night about the addition of beer to the risotto.

I LOVE wine, but rarely have any in my apartment. I live alone and find it hard to buy a whole bottle for a recipe and am not a fan of the mini wines that come in the ‘4 packs’. Fortunately I’ve discovered that beer is a great substitute for recipes that call for wine to help remove the bits and pieces from the pan. It gives the dish a rich flavor without actually tasting like beer.

I hope that helps!

1 Meg October 8, 2009 at 8:51 am

I LOVE that scarf, and what an awesome run & breakfast!

Enjoy your day and the AC 😉
Meg

2 greensandjeans October 8, 2009 at 8:53 am

I love scarves too but obviously Arizona temps keep me from wearing them most of the year… Luckily work is FREEZING so I get to break out the sweaters and scarves there!

3 Anne P October 8, 2009 at 8:57 am

You look so cute with your scarf and glasses 🙂 I love scarves too… just starting to bust them out now! It got COLD up here in DC overnight… great running and scarf weather 🙂

4 Jessica October 8, 2009 at 9:03 am

I love scarves, too. Such a fun fashion statement.

5 Abby October 8, 2009 at 9:04 am

Adorable scarf!! LOVE the color 🙂

6 Holly October 8, 2009 at 9:11 am

Super cute! I think scarves are SO fashionable. I saw the new Jennifer Aniston movie last night (Love Happens) and they’re in Seattle and she’s always wearing adorable scarves and jackets. LOVE IT!

7 startingoffhungry October 8, 2009 at 9:14 am

Hey Meghan!! I am back in the blogging world and have missed it so! I have a new server so check it out! http://www.startingoffhungry.wordpress.com Love the scarf, suppa cute! Fall is here and so is the wardrobe, gotta love it! Love me some Honey Crisps!!!
Cassandra

8 MelissaNibbles October 8, 2009 at 9:14 am

Great scarf! I love wearing a scarf with a t-shirt and black pants. If you choose the right pattern, it can really dress up an outfit.

9 Lindsay @ bananaandchocolate October 8, 2009 at 9:15 am

That scarf is so cute! I think scarfs are so cute but I never know how to wear them!

10 Brandi October 8, 2009 at 9:20 am

i love scarves, too! I have about 6 or so and always want more 🙂

11 Evan Thomas October 8, 2009 at 9:24 am

the chocolate butter toffee I have not tried but my dad ordered himself some and I can’t wait to sneak some of his

12 Morgan @ Life After Bagels October 8, 2009 at 9:30 am

I will call you “the girl in the purple scarf”

13 Simone @ P:T October 8, 2009 at 9:37 am

AND you are pretty!! Love the scarf…and apples. YUM!

14 Diana October 8, 2009 at 9:40 am

You look so cute in that pic! 🙂
Yummy breakfast, I can see why it’s a repeat.

15 Leianna October 8, 2009 at 9:41 am

Really cute scarf, purple is a great color on you!
If the breakfast is good why not have it all the time:)

16 rhodeygirltests October 8, 2009 at 9:53 am

I love your scarf! I am actually somewhat of a scarf addict. I have two drawers and a large storage container devoted to my myriad of scarves. It is an addiction I can’t seem to stop. I bet you become addicted too, because they are such a perfect addition to a simple outfit!

17 Tay October 8, 2009 at 9:55 am

Scarfs are sooo cute, just something I feel like I can never pull off. But why can others pull it off and not me? I know I can – I just feel so “off” wearing them! And you hair is super cute today!!

18 fittipexchange October 8, 2009 at 10:03 am

LOVE scarfs! You can totally do it with a tank…it’s for the draft of the AC 🙂

19 mycupofteas October 8, 2009 at 10:05 am

the scarf is so cute! 🙂 I love them! So convenient, comfy and they can completely transform an outfit!

20 BethT @ Pretty By The Bay October 8, 2009 at 10:06 am

Ha, here in San Francisco, people wear scarves with EVERYTHING – tank top, no top, whatever! 🙂 Looks great on you.

21 amanda @ fake ginger October 8, 2009 at 10:06 am

Cute scarf! I started collecting scarves a couple years ago even though we only get about 2 days a year when I can actually wear them! Love them so much.

22 Morgan October 8, 2009 at 10:06 am

Beautiful scarf. I have tons, and they are one of my favorite accesories! I say rock it with a tank!

23 greenbean October 8, 2009 at 10:07 am

i mentioned in a previous posts….i picked up a bag of honeycrisps at TJs for $3.99! There’s at least 4lbs in there! My sister said her TJs has them for $5.99, which is still a great price!

24 Erica October 8, 2009 at 10:08 am

Hey hey! How are you? You look totally adorable in that scarf. Makes me want to go shopping this weekend….hmmm 🙂 I kind of hope it never gets cold/chilly. Josh and I went out for froyo last night and it just made me want this summer weather to keep on coming. Hope you have a nice Thursday

25 Kelsey October 8, 2009 at 10:09 am

oh my god, i am in love with your glasses!!!! they look beautiful on you.

26 VeggieGirl October 8, 2009 at 10:10 am

Cute scarf!

27 Matt October 8, 2009 at 10:18 am

Good looking scarf!

Honeycrisps are awesome aren’t they? If find the tast worth the heavy pricetag 🙂

28 Dawn (HealthySDLiving) October 8, 2009 at 10:25 am

YAY for scarves! I live in San Diego…not to chilly here right now but I’m TOTALLY rockin a scarf today as well! 🙂 Maybe it’ll make the cool weather come!

29 Karin October 8, 2009 at 10:27 am

I actually think that tank tops and scarves are really cool together 😉

30 Krissy October 8, 2009 at 10:34 am

Hi Meghann!
You look absolutely adorable in your scraf – and I LOVE you with glasses on – so cute!
Have a great day!
xoxo

31 Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) October 8, 2009 at 10:43 am

I love the scarf! I haven’t quite “learned” how to wear them yet but I’m like you…it’s a habit I want to pick up. I’m in KY and it’s cold (to me) here now so it’s perfect timing.

Have a great day 🙂

32 Meg C. October 8, 2009 at 10:47 am

scarves can definitely be rocked with tees and tanks. or shorts! as long as the pattern on the scarf is not wintery, it works.

there’s my totally unqualified fashion advice, haha.

33 Tina October 8, 2009 at 10:52 am

That’s the thing that sucks about fall apples…they’re so good that you eat your stash so fast! I think I’d rather spend my money on apples more than anything else though. Or maybe some clothes from J. Crew 😀

34 melissa October 8, 2009 at 10:54 am

After seeing this post, I had to send you this link http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/04/30/97-scarves/

enjoy your day gorgeous!

35 hogeruns October 8, 2009 at 10:54 am

I love your scarf! Very cute!

36 Leah October 8, 2009 at 10:54 am

I have the same problem with wine. Solution: The Black Box.

37 ~carolyn~ October 8, 2009 at 10:55 am

I spent a month in Spain, mostly Madrid, this summer and scarves were EVERYWHERE! And it is hot in Madrid in the summer. They are very much a fashion statement now and yes, worn with a tank is stylish! Looks good.

I however live in San Francisco so my scarves are for warmth right now…but love the look year round!

38 Anne Marie@ New Weigh of Life October 8, 2009 at 11:05 am

I love the new scarf-it’s awesome!

39 Traci October 8, 2009 at 11:06 am

Love Love Love scarfs! I own a ton of them and living up here in Boston they get lots of use! Love the look of them and feel so cozy in them. Enjoy your scarfs!

40 alex October 8, 2009 at 11:28 am

scarves are ALWAYS appropriate! i have an overflowing collection and I toss one on every day!

41 Aggie October 8, 2009 at 11:30 am

Cute scarf! I am totally addicted to those honeycrisps! I saw them cheaper at Target than Publix though yesterday. I had on this morning in my oats with cinnamon and almond butter!! So good!

I recently used beer when making chili and it was so good!

42 angieinatlanta October 8, 2009 at 12:00 pm

I love scarfs! They’re such a great way to dress up a simple outfit! And I definitely do think they go with tank tops!

43 Julie October 8, 2009 at 12:13 pm

So cute!! I love the glasses and scarf! I want to get into the scarf wearing habit too, but I am so untrendy, so I’d feel so self concious!

44 Ali @ Food, Fitness, Fashion October 8, 2009 at 12:28 pm

I love your scarf! Scarfs are pretty much my favorite accessory, I feel like that can add so much to an outfit! BTW- scarfs and tank tops are fine in my book!

You look adorable!

45 Tammy Eros October 8, 2009 at 1:11 pm

I heart scarves! I have so many, it is absolutely out-of-hand! They really help keep the chill off my neck in the winter and keep me from having to wear an unnecesary extra layer just to keep warm. We have had an unusually cool summer here in Arkansas and are already seeing temps in the 50’s and 40’s! I think I will get to use all my cuties this winter!

46 jennax12 October 8, 2009 at 1:16 pm

scarves are my fav! and yes you can totally wear them with tanks, super cute 😉
jenna

47 Ana October 8, 2009 at 1:26 pm

i live alone too and LOVE a glass of vino on a regular basis–you CAN enjoy a bottle of wine by yourself (i agree that those little wine things are terrible)

you can go to any good home store (william& sonoma, bed bath and beyond, etc) and find a pressurized wine thing. (sorry i don’t know the real name). basically you put this plug in place of the cork and you pump air back into it–keeps your wine fresh, and basically creates a vacuum in the bottle. i’ve been nursing a bottle of chianti for like a week and i just re-pressurize it after i pour out of it. and the wine is still perfectly delish.

any good restaurant uses these things to keep their wine fresh when they have a decent menu of ‘by the glass’ pours.

plus, i think i paid less than 10 bucks for it. an investment i think any wino should make 🙂

cheers!

48 Whitney @ Lettuce Love October 8, 2009 at 1:26 pm

Love the scarf! I love when the weather drops and scarf weather begins — cheers for fall!

49 Megan October 8, 2009 at 1:49 pm

Love the scarf!! I also agree w/ the commenter above that those wine pressure things are a MIRACLE. They work great!!

50 Angharad October 8, 2009 at 1:57 pm

LOVE the scarf with a passion! And you can totally rock it with tanks! Sad that we are already at winter coat weather and you are in record high weather!
That breakfast looks seriously good – no wonder you had it thrice!

51 healthy ashley October 8, 2009 at 2:06 pm

You look adorable in your scarf! I got into the scarf habit last winter and loved it! Instantly makes an outfit cute and comfy.

Your breakfast looks perfectly Fall-ish 🙂

52 Mrs. Myers @ Eat Move Write October 8, 2009 at 2:36 pm

Scarves and tank tops is VERY southern california. I see it all the time at school. If anyone says anything, just say you’re being SoCal for the day.

53 Rosey Rebecca October 8, 2009 at 3:16 pm

Cute picture!! I wore a scarf today but it was actually chilly by me!

54 katy October 8, 2009 at 4:05 pm

LOVE scarves! 🙂 I have about 10 maybe and I just want more..haha. They definitely go with tank tops as well! 🙂 Oh and we just discovered the closest thing to Trader Joe’s 2 buck-chuck (the $2 bottles of wine) if you find an Aldi market nearby..they have 3-4 dollar bottles and really they aren’t too bad. Not the best, obviously but still if you want wine for cheap there ya go! 🙂 It’s cheaper them kombucha!

55 Pam (Highway to Health) October 8, 2009 at 4:10 pm

I also LOVe scarves! I’m wearing one now. Yours is adorable!

56 Kerrie October 8, 2009 at 8:59 pm

I love scarves too and you can totally rock one with a tank!

57 Ris October 8, 2009 at 9:07 pm

Love it! Scarves are totally my trademark – I wear one almost everyday … and great idea on the beer i will totally keep that in mind when i get my apartment next year – at home my mom’s dating a chef so we always have a million open bottles, not that i complain!

58 Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) October 9, 2009 at 12:23 am

That scarf paired with those glasses=SO CUTE!!!

59 Andee (Runtolive) October 9, 2009 at 12:16 pm

I love wearing scarves! people here in LA wear them even when it’s 80 degrees out

60 jeannie962 October 11, 2009 at 10:12 am

This comment is a little bit late — but I’ve been wanting to buy one of those scarves for a while but was totally afraid I wouldn’t be able to pull off the look! but then you were all “I’m gonna wear it with a tank top and it’s gonna look great!” and I was like YES!!! Yes you are! And thus I was inspired… I bought one yesterday. I cannot WAIT to wear it. So thanks for giving me the extra umph I needed to go buy one. I’m so wearing it to work tomorrow!

61 bad carbohydrates October 12, 2009 at 1:04 am

Nice foods for breakfast.