more ยป" />

Return of a Cool Office

by Meghann on October 6, 2009

Hallelujah the AC is back on today!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

In case some of you northerners are unaware, AC is very important in Florida. In fact I keep my AC on almost year round. Only when its super cold out (like a low of 30) do I turn my AC off and I rarely turn the heater on. In fact I went the whole winter last year without turning the heat on once.

Itโ€™s a good thing the AC is working again. Check out our 5-Day Forecast.

forecast

Last weekโ€™s fall like temps were simply a tease for now. Such a shame.

My run this morning was ridiculously warm as well. It was hot, humid and sticky. As soon as I walked outside I felt as if I was already covered in a deep level of sweat.

I managed to power through with a 6 mile tempo run, but I have to admit it wasnโ€™t my best run. The thick air left me tired and heavy.

Breakfast was very similar to yesterdayโ€™s.

IMG_3084

A Whole Wheat Cinnamon Raisin Bagel from the Farmerโ€™s Market on Saturday smothered in a Blackberry Jam.

IMG_3086

One sliced Honeycrisp Apple with a side of Almond Butter for dipping.

IMG_3092

This was breakfast was pretty darn good actually. Both the apple and bagel were so filling, I am stuffed at the moment. Yum!

I am so excited the AC is back on. I already feel like my office is a happier work place because of it. ๐Ÿ™‚

1 courtlove111 October 6, 2009 at 8:55 am

Can’t believe your upcoming forecast!! Here in Chicago we have the opposite…highs of 50 and lows of 39 the next week. I can’t imagine living somewhere the AC is on year round…such a foreign concept for me! I would miss the crisp weather. Although ask me again when I’m digging myself out of 12 inches of snow for the 5th time this winter and I might be singing a different tune!!

Courtney
Adventures in Tri-ing

2 Jessica October 6, 2009 at 9:22 am

I can’t imagine this time of year being 95 degrees..wow.

3 Matt October 6, 2009 at 9:25 am

Glad the AC is working ๐Ÿ™‚

You really seem to like honeycrisp apples too. I have seriously been eating one everyday for the past two weeks!

4 amanda @ fake ginger October 6, 2009 at 9:28 am

Our temps have been about the same (73 right now though! woo!) which wouldn’t be so bad if it wasn’t so humid out there! It like walking around in pea soup. Ick!

Glad your ac is back. Our home ac went out in July and since we’d just moved in, I didn’t know how to open the windows or anything! Talk about awful!

5 Meg C. October 6, 2009 at 9:36 am

i don’t know how you guys run in that florida heat! i don’t even like running in direct sunlight haha. give me a nice 70 degree day and a shady route!

6 Lindsey @ Sound Eats October 6, 2009 at 9:59 am

lol it’s such a reversal…some states will try to avoid turning on the A/C all year….we try to avoid turning on the heat. I seriously consider it an awesome day if the weather is cool enough that I can turn the A/C off and leave the windows open.

7 biz319 October 6, 2009 at 10:29 am

Hooray for AC! It’s rainy with highs of 58 today where I live!

8 rhodeygirltests October 6, 2009 at 11:13 am

your bagel looks insane. i am jealz, almost as jealz as i am of your edy’s find. yes, still bitter about that one ๐Ÿ˜‰

9 Abby (Abbys Vegan Eats) October 6, 2009 at 11:24 am

I live in NC which is typically pretty temperate climate but no where close to the 90s right now! Gotta say.. Im jealous, I love the heat (I know, super weird!!?!) Your apple looks delish!

10 Anne Marie@ New Weigh of Life October 6, 2009 at 11:25 am

I’m glad you now have a working AC! I wish you could send those temps down my way!

11 Erin October 6, 2009 at 11:38 am

I could never fully appreciate the importance of AC until I moved to Texas. It’s terrible having to live AC-less! And you guys have the extra humidity factor – oy oy oy!

12 brandi October 6, 2009 at 11:47 am

glad you got your AC back! I don’t know what I would do with temps like that in the fall ๐Ÿ™‚

13 Maggie October 6, 2009 at 11:48 am

So hot!

Yum… I love how you always switch up your meals. I’ve been eating the same stuff over and over again. I need to change it!

14 Diana October 6, 2009 at 11:49 am

So weird. I don’t have an AC at home. Sometimes I wouldn-t mind, during the summer, but during the winter my house is seriously COLD. After some months with horrible heat I’m happy we’re finally starting to have some mild temperatures. Oh Fall, welcome back. ๐Ÿ™‚

That breakfast looks yummy. ๐Ÿ™‚

15 greensandjeans October 6, 2009 at 11:50 am

I’m in Phoenix and I ABSOLUTELY understand the importance of AC! A good friend of mine’s AC died in her apartment when we were having temps around 115 and she ended up staying with me until it got fixed. Yuck!

16 Morgan @ Life After Bagels October 6, 2009 at 11:51 am

You’re right, I don’t think I can understand your AC thing, but you probably couldn’t understand my “I will take my landlord to court if this house gets as cold as last winter” thing . . . hahaha. I’m always cold, maybe I should move down to your city!

17 Mellissa October 6, 2009 at 11:53 am

91 in October is crazy, we already have our heat on! It was a low of 38 this morning.

18 Julie October 6, 2009 at 12:05 pm

Words like hot, humid and sticky seem so foreign to me now. It hasn’t been that way in Boston for 2 months! I broke out my puffy vest last week and crank the heat in the AM.

19 Jessie October 6, 2009 at 12:06 pm

I live in Miami and I truly understand what it’s like to not have AC in Florida. Almost every summer our AC malfunctions and leaves us without cool air for a few days until someone comes to fix it. This summer it happened back in June, and I practically lived on the back porch for like 3 days. You know you are in trouble when the temp inside your house reaches 90 degrees. I almost stayed at a hotel, but I didn’t have anywhere to bring my pets, so I just stayed home with them and suffered through it. I am so jealous of all the northerners with their nice cool fall temperatures right now!

20 Liz October 6, 2009 at 1:03 pm

haha, I’m so jealous of your temperatures! I don’t have AC at home (I’m in Toronto and their were only a couple of days this summer when it would have been nice, but not really necessary).
I wonder how cooler vs warmer climates compare in terms of utility bills. Maybe it would balance out with some of us using more heat and some using more AC – my bill is 3x higher in the winter because of the heat

21 Evan Thomas October 6, 2009 at 1:13 pm

I’m so jealous. I’m going to be freezing in New England!

22 RunToTheFinish October 6, 2009 at 1:13 pm

ohhhh florida I can’t wait!! people keep telling me i will get tired of summer year round, but i think they are wrong

23 Jenna October 6, 2009 at 1:49 pm

i can’t believe you didn’t have to turn the heat on at allll last winter…that is unbelievable!
you are so lucky to live in FL ๐Ÿ˜‰
jenna

24 Jenn Eats Nutritiously Now October 6, 2009 at 4:56 pm

No heat all winter? That’s quite amazing!

25 kristin October 6, 2009 at 8:23 pm

yah! glad you finally got our AC back!

26 Jeri October 7, 2009 at 11:14 am

HA your weather is like the summer weather we didn’t get. Forecast for my 5k sat.: HIGH of 41. Look who’s wearing running tights and a jacket. ๐Ÿ™

27 Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) October 8, 2009 at 10:50 am

Holy smokes! Your lows are higher than our highs. Next week, our highs are going to be in the 50’s!

I need to move to Florida…