more ยป" />

Loving my Back

by Meghann on October 6, 2009

Pizza, Pizza!

But not just any pizza, this is a mushroom cap pizza. Yum!

I started by cleaning the mushroom cap and removing the innards before placing it under the broiler for 5 minutes. I filled the cap with marinara sauce, onion, jalapenos, and banana peppers. It went back under the broiler for 5 more minutes then pulled out and topped off with a slice of mozzarella cheese and spaghetti squash seeds.

The cap pizza was perfectly filling and tasty. It was also easy to pull together for one person without having to worry about left overs.

With my pizza I had 3 Kashi Crackers for a little crunch.

And Spaghetti Squash topped with Edamame.

All together now.

You know you saw it coming.

More Pumpkin Ice Cream for dessert. ๐Ÿ™‚ This time with a Cran-Bran Vitatop base.

I am afraid to admit it but some how my e-mail landed on the Jeremiah and Brusters mailing list ๐Ÿ˜‰ and i just happened to notice both ice cream hot spots have launched a seasonal Pumpkin flavor. Rumor has it TCBY will be sporting their annual pumpkin fro yo treat as well. I need to do a comparative tasting before all the seasonal flavors disappear!

This afternoon there was no pumpkin involved, but there was yogurt and granola. ๐Ÿ™‚

Strawberry Chobani Yogurt and Meg’s Crunchy Granola Mix to be exact.

Yogurt and granola is one of those perfect snacks that taste great and is very filing. This was perfect.

My Current Favorite Body Part…

This may sound a bit superficial but all day I kept checking my back out in my mirror. I just couldn’t get over how in love I am with it at the moment My upper back is toned, tan and beautiful. It has officially moved into my coveted favorite body part spot for the moment.

As I become comfortable in my own skin and learn to appreciate my body for what it is. I find myself falling in love with individual body parts. My calves are strong and defined, my stomach is soft, but I can feel the abs underneath, and my collar bones and shoulders are killer.

No, I’m not conceited – I am just confident and proud of what my body has become. And what it has become is beautiful.

I dare you to go look in a mirror tonight and find the body parts you are currently in love with. Forget the bad and concentrate on the good things! No negativity allowed!

1 VeggieGirl October 6, 2009 at 8:52 pm

Amen to your sentiments – here’s to being confident!

2 amanda @ fake ginger October 6, 2009 at 8:52 pm

Yum, your mushroom pizza looks awesome! Such a simple yet gourmet idea!

Your back is pretty fabulous!

3 chandra October 6, 2009 at 8:54 pm

I love my shoulders and back as well.. and my abs when I’m not feeling bloated. ๐Ÿ˜‰

4 Hangry Pants October 6, 2009 at 8:55 pm

I despise mushrooms, but I had to tell you how adorable your little “pizza” is!

5 caronae October 6, 2009 at 8:55 pm

I am normally SO negative towards my body, so this was a very inspiring post for me ๐Ÿ™‚ I think I like my eyes the best…

6 Kristen October 6, 2009 at 9:02 pm

I know what you mean about “falling in love” with different body parts. Every so often when I’m changing in the locker room, I’ll catch a glimpse of my back and hope no one sees me checking myself out ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ve been working hard with the weights for a few years now and love what it has done to my back and shoulders.

(and the mushroom pizza looks really good. i might have to find some mushrooms)

7 Chelsea October 6, 2009 at 9:09 pm

conceited, honey!

Cute shirt! I can’t believe you guys are still in tank tops…we are deep into long sleeves weather in the northwest…

8 megzzwinsatlife October 6, 2009 at 9:12 pm

I love how you have so much confidence girl.. I hope one day I can be as confident as you.. You have worked extremely hard and you deserve to be confident and love yourself!!!

9 traveleatlove October 6, 2009 at 9:14 pm

Love that you love your back! I love my legs and there is nothin wrong with that!
Haven’t had pumpkin ice cream this season and need to remedy that!

10 Matt October 6, 2009 at 9:20 pm

I like my stomach ๐Ÿ™‚

11 angieinatlanta October 6, 2009 at 9:23 pm

Love that mushroom cap pizza idea! Sounds delish!

And I think it’s fantastic that you are falling in love with your body parts! I too love my shoulders right now…and I have to admit that my butt’s been looking pretty killer lately!

12 The Healthy Hostess October 6, 2009 at 9:30 pm

Mushroom cap pizza is amazing! Good call!

13 M October 6, 2009 at 9:33 pm

Wow maybe your favorite part should be your arms! They look tiny! Have you lost weight recently?

14 mel October 6, 2009 at 9:48 pm

I love my butt and legs! I don’t like my arms b/c they are so muscular from cheerleading my whole life, but I’m trying to accept and love them! haah

15 Holly October 6, 2009 at 9:48 pm

As I become a single girl again, I can’t wait to ravage your site for meal ideas! This mushroom pizza will DEFINITELY make an appearance.

You have a fantastic back. Way to love yourself. ๐Ÿ™‚

16 Jessica October 6, 2009 at 9:49 pm

My back is one of my favorite body parts, too. Work it girl!

17 Heather October 6, 2009 at 9:50 pm

I really appreciate how you can talk about your your tummy with confidence. It really inspires me, because I spend entirely too much time knocking myself down for having a layer of “insulation” around my middle. Thank you for the reminder that I am more than the sum of my parts.

18 Emily October 6, 2009 at 9:53 pm

That is a fabulous idea! I love mushroom pizza so that would be the next logical step.

http:/eatventures.wordpress.com

19 cookinfanatic October 6, 2009 at 9:53 pm

I don’t think that’s conceited at all — you should be proud of your body, esp if you work hard at it!!!

20 mariewould October 6, 2009 at 9:54 pm

oh, i am so incapable of doing that whole mirror thing, i just end up beating myself up. props to every girl and guy who can, it must be really empowering and fabulous!

that pizza looks good though!

21 Kristine October 6, 2009 at 10:20 pm

you are beautiful. ๐Ÿ™‚

22 Deva (Voracious Vorilee) October 6, 2009 at 9:56 pm

The mushroom cap pizza looks awesome – like a teeny stuffed mushroom on a grander scale.

I completely understand the love of various body parts. I lift weights and love to see the various muscles that pop out at me now, My upper arms and my calves are awesome, my tummy is flat but soft, with the hint of abs underneath, and I love knowing all that my body can do!

23 Bec October 6, 2009 at 9:57 pm

I love my back too! Its so tonned from mountain biking!

24 Evan Thomas October 6, 2009 at 9:59 pm

I love the concept of that pizza!

25 Christina October 6, 2009 at 10:02 pm

I had the Pumpkin Pie Blizzard from Dairy Queen last weekend — it’s the Blizzard of the Month — and it is AMAZING!

26 Meg October 6, 2009 at 10:04 pm

Beautiful! I love the end of the post so much! ๐Ÿ™‚

That mushroom pizza looks awesome as well ๐Ÿ˜‰

Enjoy your night!
Meg

27 Emily October 6, 2009 at 10:14 pm

That’s funny – I just made a mushroom cap tuna melt this afternoon. I might have to try the pizza version tomorrow ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m pretty in love with my collar bones at the moment.

28 Niki October 6, 2009 at 10:18 pm

Yay for confidence!! I am totally on the hunt for Pumpkin flavored ice cream/ fro yo!!

29 leslie October 6, 2009 at 10:21 pm

portbello pizza – genius idea!

such beautiful words to end the post on – i love how you have such confidence and pride in your body!

30 Amy October 6, 2009 at 10:27 pm

Thank you for this uplifting post! I have to admit: it’s been a long time since I looked in the mirror and really took the time to find the good ๐Ÿ™‚ (I don’t dwell on the bad… but it easy to forget to rejoice in the great stuff!)

That pumpkin ice cream looks yummy, too! I think pumpkin ice cream is THE sign that fall is truly here — I’ll have to get some really soon!!!

31 Nicci@NiftyEats October 6, 2009 at 10:27 pm

I really needed this tonight Meghann. I’m feeling too sick to workout & I was bumming myself out for not doing it. I do need to focus on the good and not always worry about the bad. Thanks again.

32 snackface October 6, 2009 at 10:30 pm

Awww I love this super positive post! You do have a fab back! And I’m loving the pizza creation!

As far as my own favorite body part…that’s tricky! I’m going to say legs! Thanks for this!

33 Morgan @ Life After Bagels October 6, 2009 at 10:42 pm

I’m all about my shoulders right now, I used to be super scrawny but now I have definition, hooray!

34 Jenn Eats Nutritiously Now October 6, 2009 at 10:42 pm

I love your frame of mind! It’s great to love your body.

35 Kat October 6, 2009 at 11:07 pm

Meghann,
I love this post. SO important to for each of us to focus on what is beautiful and what we HAVE instead of all that we don’t. We could spend forever comparing ourselves to others, but where would that get us?

I really love my legs… and since I’ve started doing strength and training, I am loving the new shape my arms have. Thanks again for this post!

36 Melissa S. October 6, 2009 at 11:09 pm

haha..i seriously need to start doing that, appreciating and loving my body for what it is…that mindset has taken a serious downfall as of late…boo.

love you megs.

37 Ali October 6, 2009 at 11:25 pm

So, I went searching for that ice dream tonight and can’t find it. I will be going on a grocery store tour until a container of it is tucked away in my freezer!

I love a lot of parts of my body. I think that comes along with being proud of all the work you have done to make it what it is. I love that my body is strong, curvy and toned.

38 Jenna October 6, 2009 at 11:30 pm

i am so happy you love your body! you should be proud of all your hardwork ๐Ÿ™‚
jenna

39 J @ Whole Body Love October 6, 2009 at 11:51 pm

Praising and appreciating your body is such an awesome confidence boost! I like my biceps!

40 Lizzy October 7, 2009 at 12:08 am

love the mushroom cap pizza’s! yumm

Is that shirt your wearing from express? please don’t ask how i spied that!

41 bobbi October 7, 2009 at 12:18 am

Megs you always impress me with your creative dinners!

Love your love for your body, I need to remind myself of the postive things I love about my body instead of all the things that I am trying to work on! Thanks for the inspiration ๐Ÿ™‚

42 Jacqueline October 7, 2009 at 1:22 am

You are so creative! I don’t know how you do it but everything you make looks awesome!

I’m happy you appreciate all of the effort you put into your workouts…that’s what matters the most!

43 Rebeca October 7, 2009 at 1:59 am

Baby Bella Mushrooms with some marinutta sauce. The taste should be illegal.

44 Shan October 7, 2009 at 2:04 am

Good for you! Way to appreciate your strong and beautiful body… such an inspiration!!!

45 Liam October 7, 2009 at 2:14 am

CONCEITED- not conceded!!!!

USE THE SPELL-CHECK!!!! geez!

46 Emily @ My Chubby Confessions October 7, 2009 at 12:55 pm

Get a grip! Are you really bitching about ONE misspelled word. If this is all you got out of the post then I am very sorry! Meghann had a beautiful message and, in my opinion, does not need the negativity from you.

47 Kyo October 7, 2009 at 2:33 am

Mushroom cap pizza… I’m going to have to try that. ๐Ÿ™‚

48 Maggie October 7, 2009 at 2:48 am

Mmm what an awesome idea for pizza ๐Ÿ™‚

49 Diana October 7, 2009 at 3:11 am

Good for you, being confident rules. ๐Ÿ™‚

50 Runningwriter October 7, 2009 at 4:50 am

Mmm, that pizza looks delish. I could live off mushrooms.
Kudos to you for loving your back. It’s a damn fine back ๐Ÿ™‚
I had a little arm love in the mirror at body pump the other night. If only they looked so good when they weren’t holding weights.

51 healthierkindofme October 7, 2009 at 5:27 am

Those mushrooms look yummo! Nothing wrong with a bit of self-love! It’s healthy!

52 Julie October 7, 2009 at 7:48 am

Two thumbs up for body confidence!! I love my toned arms, calves and my not so toned but very nice anyway bum.

Mushroom pizzas = delish. Love ’em.

53 Anne P October 7, 2009 at 7:49 am

cute shirt! i’m jealous that you’re still tan. i was so tan when i got back up here from florida and it’s totally already faded!!!

i am currently loving my legs – they carried me through the army ten miler on sunday successfully!! ๐Ÿ™‚

54 caitlin October 7, 2009 at 7:58 am

WHY AREN’T YOU PERFECT AND SPELL EVERYTHING PERFECTLY ALL THE TIME?

lol

55 Katie October 7, 2009 at 7:59 am

I wanted to DM you on twitter about this, but you don’t have that capability. I know you were mad that someone commented on your “typo”. That can definitely be frustrating!

Unfortunately, I do notice that a lot on your blog. More so than the other foodie blogs. It doesn’t bother me at all, but it may for some. Just something to keep in mind if you’re trying to be come a full-time blogger…I don’t know. I read it anyway!!

56 kristin October 7, 2009 at 8:14 am

did someone seriously comment on your spelling? thats ridiculous!!!

love your confidence though ๐Ÿ™‚

57 Paige@ Running Around Normal October 7, 2009 at 8:20 am

Great idea for the mushroom cap pizza! How useful:)

You have a It’s mostly genetics, but while there’s no 6 pack, there’s a toned, flat, tummy:D

58 Paige@ Running Around Normal October 7, 2009 at 8:21 am

My post cut me off! Pls see the one below ๐Ÿ™‚

59 Paige@ Running Around Normal October 7, 2009 at 8:21 am

Great idea for the mushroom cap pizza! How useful:)

You have a rockin’ back!
It’s mostly genetics, but I like my abs. While there’s no 6 pack, there’s a toned, flat, tummy:D

60 kirsten October 7, 2009 at 8:54 am

great post meghann!! you do have a gorgeous back!! my fav body part is my collar bone area.

61 Abby (Abbys Vegan Eats) October 7, 2009 at 8:55 am

Cute shirt.. Im loving the spaghetti squash/edamame mix!! Delish ๐Ÿ™‚

62 healthy ashley October 7, 2009 at 9:38 am

Mushroom cap pizza, what an awesome idea!

I love my back too. Way to promote a positive message!

omg. I got the Jeremiah’s email yesterday. I had that flavor last year and it was amazing.

63 Lindsay October 7, 2009 at 9:39 am

So jealous of your back!
I love my legs! I’m blessed by good genetics to have no cellulite ๐Ÿ™‚ Hehe

As for your pumpkin obsession, please keep posting more!! You have encouraged me to go buy pumpkin kisses (YUM!) and syrup to make my own lattes at home ๐Ÿ™‚

64 rhodeygirltests October 7, 2009 at 9:47 am

I love this post. Not to sound psycho but I noticed (after looking at your colorado pics) how different you look now, just a year later. As time moves on you are more and more toned and lean! That is really awesome. ๐Ÿ™‚

If I could see any of my body parts right now I could pick one, but sadly they are covered from head to toe for warmth HA! Seriously though, I am in love with my shoulders right now. It is really easy for me to keep that area of my body toned, whereas my belly/legs/arms fluctuate sometimes. With hard workouts and more running lately, my shoulder muscles look really defined, yet soft and feminine if that makes any sense. I know I don’t have a perfect or even necessarily a great body my any means, but I really appreciate it and what it can do.

65 Erin October 7, 2009 at 9:48 am

I think it’s weird you didnt get nominated for a foodbuzz award! i would have nominated you

66 rhodeygirltests October 7, 2009 at 9:48 am

P.S. The mushroom was similar to one of my Bertolli entries, which was a portabello mushroom cap with aritchokes, bertolli sauce, and bufala mozzarella melted on top.

67 Nally October 7, 2009 at 9:54 am

you really work so hard, you deserve to toot your own horn! go girl

68 Kristin P. October 7, 2009 at 10:21 am

Thats so funny that you mentioned this because I’ve been really into my legs and butt lately! hehe

69 brandi October 7, 2009 at 10:50 am

yum, i love mushroom “pizzas” ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m loving my thighs right now. I don’t do as much strength training as I should, but running has done amazing things for my legs.

70 Tina October 7, 2009 at 11:02 am

Mmm I love portobella mushrooms! I’ve never thought to make a whole one into a pizza.

I love that YOU love different parts of your body. I’d have to say I love my arms and collarbone area. They stay well toned and look good!

71 Courtney October 7, 2009 at 11:22 am

I Love THIS! ๐Ÿ™‚ You are the epitome of what sexy is, Meghann. BWhooo, sexy back! Sexy mushroom cap, too. Adding … to .. grocery … list … done. ;]

72 Anne Marie@ New Weigh of Life October 7, 2009 at 11:30 am

I love the mushroom cap pizza-looks awesome!

73 Nicole October 7, 2009 at 11:37 am

I love this post!! Not only does your food look great, but you are proud of who you are! I would have to say that my legs and back are my favorite body parts! I have strong, long, lean legs with a very muscular back from swimming and weight lifting. I am proud at how hard I work to get those things!

74 Lauren October 7, 2009 at 11:41 am

Great post! After treating my body unfairly for way too long, I’m now – finally – kind of in love with it. I’m strong, at my ideal weight, and (hopefully) radiating confidence. I’m very proud of my legs, hips, shoulders, and back. Pride is essential!

75 DiningAndDishing October 7, 2009 at 11:51 am

I made portobellas last night too! “Burgers” though, not pizza. I really like your idea though! I’ll have to switch it up next time.

76 inmytummy October 7, 2009 at 12:18 pm

Good for you for embracing your body!

And you are all about those squash seeds lately! I’ve seen them every day, I think. I’ve always just thrown them away. Maybe you’re onto something.

77 Amy October 7, 2009 at 12:20 pm

I agree-great post!! It is so refreshing to think about the body parts we like rather than always focusing on the areas we aren’t as excited about. My fav body parts are definitely my back and my abs. My back and abs are lean, but strong:) Keep up the good work.

78 ClubVeg October 7, 2009 at 12:21 pm

mushroom cap pizza is a great idea! will have to try it…

i love my colar bones & i have a really pretty pink dress that shows off my back and the sides of my ribcage. loooove.

79 Jeri October 7, 2009 at 12:32 pm

I love the positive body imagine vibe. I had someone comment on how toned my calves are the other day and now I’ve started noticing them too. ๐Ÿ™‚

80 Laura October 7, 2009 at 12:37 pm

Love the pizza idea! Ports are such great little self-contained food boats, just begging for toppings to be added.

Cheers to being confident and loving your body!

81 Jenny October 7, 2009 at 4:59 pm

unfortunately your favorite body part had to be the mos difficult to photograph — but nevertheless you do have a beautiful STRONG back and more importantly, a beautiful and strong soul ๐Ÿ™‚ you should love each and every ounce of your gorgeous self!

82 emily October 7, 2009 at 9:38 pm

Good post!
I’m working on positivity myself. Also, I ate mushrooms tonight too!