Dinner with Old Friends

by Meghann on October 4, 2009

Tonight I met up with two of my childhood friends, Christie and Shannan, for dinner at Urban Flats.

I’ve known Shannan and Christie since I was in elementary school! We were actually reminiscing tonight on how we used to eat lunch together in the cafeteria.

These girls are two of my oldest friends and even though we all live in Orlando, I’m sad to say we never have the chance to hang out anymore. It was nice to play catch up with our lives. πŸ™‚

Christie recently celebrated her 25th birthday and as a recipient of the Urban Flats’ mailing list she was entitled to one free drink the week of her birthday. She chose a tropical creation that looked very tasty.

Happy Birthday Christie!

Unfortunately, I had to pay for my drink. I went with the cheapest red on the menu. I can’t remember the name of the wine at the moment, but it wasn’t bad.

The Urban Flats menu was very impressive. I had a hard time deciding what I wanted.

I wavered between a few choices before deciding on the Artichoke, Wild Mushroom, and Goat Cheese Flatwich.

I was expecting a folded over flat bread pizza and was pleasantly surprised when a calzone was placed in front of me.

The calzone was stuffed to the max with whole artichokes, roasted red peppers and goat cheese. Though the menu claimed mushrooms as a filling, I never did see one.

The salad was great as well. Mixed greens with more goat cheese, raisins and nuts. Yum!

I swear, I have been a bottomless pit today. I ate the whole thing and didn’t even feel full.

I tried to talk my friends into ice cream, but sadly there were no takers. We said our good byes with promises to not go too long before hanging out again.

I may not have been able to talk my friends into ice cream, but that didn’t stop myself from having any on my own.

Look what I finally found on my way home…

Pumpkin Ice Cream!!!!

I had a small serving as soon as I got home with some Chocolate Teddy Bear Grahams.

YUM! YUM YUM!!

The ice cream had the perfect pumpkin flavoring and spiciness. You may be seeing this dessert a lot over the next few weeks. πŸ˜‰

It’s been a pumpkin crazy day today and I have no complaints.

Enjoy the last bit of your weekend, Monday is just hours away now. πŸ™

GOod Night!

1 courtlove111 October 4, 2009 at 8:57 pm

OMG that is my FAVE pumpkin ice cream. So good with some graham crackers crushed on it. Thanks for the heads up that it is out in stores!!!

Courtney
Adventures in Tri-ing

2 wholesomefoodie October 4, 2009 at 9:11 pm

Yay pumpkin icecream! I can’t wait until it hits my local store.

3 Kristie Lynn October 4, 2009 at 9:12 pm

You’re probably so hungry because you ran 12 miles in the morning! Good thing you got that ice cream πŸ™‚

4 foodieinthecity October 4, 2009 at 9:12 pm

Nummy looking dinner!

Who could pass up ice cream!?!? I would totally have stopped and gotten ice cream by myself too, lol. And I need to find the pumpkin flavor. It hasn’t hit the MN stores yet (or at least I haven’t been able to find it!)

Enjoy the last bit of your weekend!

5 Evan Thomas October 4, 2009 at 9:12 pm

That calzone looks amazing. Normally I don’t like pizza or calzones because I don’t feel I’m getting my veggies in but yum yum

6 talesfromtwocities October 4, 2009 at 9:13 pm

I love all things pumpkin! I’m going to have to look for that Edy’s up North.

7 sue October 4, 2009 at 9:17 pm

gah! edy’s pumpkin- i’ve been looking for it but no luck so far.

8 Lizzy October 4, 2009 at 9:20 pm

That calzone looks awesome, what a surprise!

I have childhood friends that i don’t get to see as often either, but its always the best to catch up after not seeing one another for a long time! Glad you girls met up! πŸ™‚

9 Lauren October 4, 2009 at 9:25 pm

I am eating the EXACT same Ice cream!!!! I love this stuff more than words.

wow, you had some great pumpkin finds today! First the kisses and now the ice cream. Score!

10 Tay October 4, 2009 at 9:26 pm

Favorite ice cream ever!!!! Sooo good. And I also love the hershey kisses in your last post. OMG anything pumpkin is wonderful – I’m in heaven this time of year!

11 angieinatlanta October 4, 2009 at 9:27 pm

I have been looking for that ice cream EVERYWHERE! I’m so jealous that you found it! I must must must find it!

12 Jenna October 4, 2009 at 9:41 pm

glad you had a fun time with your friends! you are loving the pumpkin flavors today πŸ™‚
jenna

13 Jessica October 4, 2009 at 9:43 pm

I still can’t find the pumpkin ice cream!!

14 Kasondra October 4, 2009 at 9:56 pm

that ice cream looks simply amazing and a wonderful graham cracker addition!

15 allisonleigh October 4, 2009 at 10:08 pm

Pumpkin icecream?!?! BEST. THING. EVER.

Meghann-
I know you have tons of posts to read but I was hoping that if you had a moment you could comment on this one:

THANKS SO MUCH!

16 Rosey Rebecca October 4, 2009 at 10:26 pm

I could eat the whole container of Edy’s Pumpkin ice cream! It’s amazing! I love the wine glass at that restaurant. I collect souvenir glasses from restaurants so I probably would have purchased it if I ate there!

17 Whit October 4, 2009 at 10:35 pm

PUMPKIN ICE CREAM?!?!?! Must have!

The missing mushrooms must have been a bummer. I know I would have cried real tears, had I missed a mushroom. πŸ™

18 Amy October 4, 2009 at 10:41 pm

Since we’re living overseas with the military we should be seeing the pumpkin icecream around February. πŸ™ Oh well, something to look forward to.

19 Melissa October 4, 2009 at 10:43 pm

looks like a good place! we don’t have one in ny! i did have pumpkin tonight, i had my staff over for a bbq and someone made fresh pumpkin crab maple and mascorpone risotto, I think you would have liked it!

20 Courtney October 4, 2009 at 10:44 pm

Pumpkin Ice Cream, yummmmm!! πŸ˜€ Can you imagine what cinnamon eddy grahams would taste like in there, too. nom nom nom.

21 Matt October 4, 2009 at 10:50 pm

I will be on the hunt for that ice cream!

22 greensandjeans October 4, 2009 at 11:28 pm

that ice cream has been out for a few weeks now here in phoenix and my boyfriend and I have been going through it mighty quick… it’s too good to turn down!

23 Nicci@NiftyEats October 4, 2009 at 11:57 pm

yeah for fun times with old friends and Pumpkin ice cream, it is the best!

24 chasingthenow October 5, 2009 at 12:06 am

I’ve seen that dessert on a few blogs now and I am jealous! Would love to try it out!!!

25 vanessa October 5, 2009 at 12:33 am

PUMKIN ICE CREAM!! i found it the other night and i am hooked i must say. i first found it on taylor’s blog and then i looked at my local vons and they had it!!

i love the ice cream, i can’t wait to try the peppermint in time for christmas!!

26 Julia October 5, 2009 at 1:20 am

There is a severe Pumpkin shortage in Sacramento, I couldn’t find that pumpkin ice cream or the Stonyfield Pumpkin Yogurt…sad day!
That calzone looked amazing!
Have a great Monday!

27 jennylikestorun October 5, 2009 at 2:23 am

Yummy! The food looks so good! Same with dessert πŸ™‚ It’s cool that you got to catch up with your friends. I know the feeling when you just don’t have the time… I have a few friends that I love to death but we’re never able to hang out properly.
It’s awesome that you were able to do that πŸ™‚
I felt like a bottomless pit yesterday!!! I haven’t had much to eat today, but I had a 2 hour workout so I bet it’ll catch up with me tomorrow lol.

28 Diana October 5, 2009 at 4:24 am

That dinner looks awesome. And everyone’s talking about pumpkin ice cream and I’ve never seen that for sale here! I’m curious about the flavor. πŸ™‚

29 MelissaNibbles October 5, 2009 at 4:53 am

It’s nice that you got to catch up with old friends.

I love your hair! You should do a post about all the different ways you manage to style it.

30 Mara @ What's For Dinner? October 5, 2009 at 5:09 am

Looks like a great time!!! I have to get some pumpkin ice cream soon πŸ™‚

31 Danielle October 5, 2009 at 9:18 am

That looks like a fun night out with friends. I really need to get some pumpkin ice cream yum!

32 rhodeygirltests October 5, 2009 at 9:33 am

jealous of your find girl. I still can’t find it her, but maybe I am not searching hard enough!

33 Kristen @ Simply Savor October 5, 2009 at 9:45 am

pumpkin ice cream?!?! i’m keeping my eyes peeled for this one–omg! so glad you had a wonderful time with your friends last night πŸ™‚

34 Heather October 5, 2009 at 10:13 am

I am very jealous of your ice cream – I have been looking for that for weeks! Glad you were able to catch-up with your friends!

35 Tammy Eros October 5, 2009 at 10:31 am

I love the Yarnell’s Pumpkin Pie ice cream with chunks of graham cracker inside. Yum!

36 Lauren October 5, 2009 at 11:44 am

I haven’t tried the pumpkin ice cream yet, but I looooove Edy’s Slow Churned and will add this to my shopping list.

Sorry about your blah Monday! The elevators in my building are frequently the bane on my existence…

Hope your day improves.

37 Ali October 5, 2009 at 12:40 pm

Dinner looks great! Yay for childhood friends! That ‘s great that you got to catch up with them.

I NEED to find that ice cream, I am a pumpkin freak!

38 Kristin October 5, 2009 at 12:59 pm

oh my… dinner looks FAB- I LOVE calzones!! And pumpkin ice cream… wow. enough said.

xo
K

39 Alex October 5, 2009 at 8:53 pm

hello! i was curious; where did you buy that delicious-looking pumpkin ice cream?

40 Jess (What's Normal, Anyways?) October 6, 2009 at 7:54 pm

Urban Flatts is pretty fantastic. I’ve only been there a few times…so many great restaurants, so little time in Orlando these days, but I’ve really enjoyed it every time I’ve gone.

They have an olive tapenade that I really fell in love with. If you are an olive fan check it out for sure next time!