Making it a Netflix Night

by Meghann on October 3, 2009

It’s only fitting after having a DVR afternoon to make it a Netflix night. ;)

I’m finally getting around to catching up on season 3 of Dexter. Gotta love the serial killer do gooder.

Oddly enough, Dexter the TV show wasn’t the only run in I’ve had with the name today. Earlier this evening I met my parents for dinner at Dexter’s the restaurant in downtown.

The other week I discovered Dexter’s in Thorton Park and have been looking for an excuse to eat there ever since. My parents and other various family members were in town for a broadway show, so I saw it as the perfect opportunity to direct them to the area.

Truger was listed as the wheat beer of choice on the menu. I ordered a glass to confirm the decision myself.

Mmmm… pretty good. Of course I really am a fan of any wheat beer.

I was really impressed with Dexter’s salad menu and found myself wavering between a few of the choices listed. In the end I went with the Rustic Cast Iron Skillet Salad

a warm & tasty set of toppings including oven dried tomatoes, grilled asparagus, artichokes hearts, rosemary roasted potatoes, feta cheese chunks over mixed crisp greens with a lemon dill dijon dressing on the side and blacked salmon

The blacked salmon was well seasoned and a welcomed addition to the salad. The rich vegetables, salmon and potatoes made for a very filling delicious entree.

After we said our good byes I had a massive craving for chocolate and ice cream. I desperately wanted to stop at one of the magical ice cream shops on my way home, but instead I tried to be a good girl and waited until I got home to pry into some of the frozen treats in my freezer.

I heated up a Vitalicious Brownie with some Coconut Ice Cream. Yum!

Now it’s time to get back to Dexter and try to get some sleep before my 12 miler tomorrow. In bed before 9:30 on a Saturday evening? It’s just how I roll. ;)

1 jennylikestorun October 3, 2009 at 9:04 pm

Yummm!! Food looks so good!

2 inmytummy October 3, 2009 at 9:14 pm

I’m about to settle in with some Dexter myself. I just got disc two of Season 3 in the mail.

3 Julie October 3, 2009 at 9:22 pm

Looooove Netflix! .. Good luck on your run tomorrow! :-)

4 Matt October 3, 2009 at 9:24 pm

I’ve heard Dexter is a good show. I have it in my queue for netflix!

5 Angharad (Eating for England) October 3, 2009 at 9:29 pm

Mmm that sounds like a delight of an evening! just re-signed up for Netflix after a summer hiatus! Tonight is definitely TV/movie night for me too – getting all-important rest in before racing tomorrow –nice that you had this weekend off!!!

6 Evan Thomas October 3, 2009 at 9:40 pm

Hehe, I just got into bed, too, and I’m not ashamed to say it. I love getting a good night sleep on the weekend

7 Jessica @ How Sweet October 3, 2009 at 9:52 pm

I’ve never seen Dexter but I keep hearing about it…guess I gotta check it out!

8 MelissaNibbles October 3, 2009 at 9:52 pm

I love Dexter. It plays with my head when I’m watching it that he’s married in real life to the woman who plays his sister on the show.

9 Kasondra October 3, 2009 at 10:00 pm

i’m loving the coconut!!

10 Leah October 3, 2009 at 10:48 pm

I love love LOVE Dexter! We watched the entire season 3 in the first week it was released! haha. We are sad.

11 Leianna October 3, 2009 at 11:09 pm

I now have a craving for brownie and ice cream, yum!

12 angieinatlanta October 3, 2009 at 11:13 pm

That salad looks great – feta + salmon sounds like a perfect combination!

I love going to bed early on weekends; in fact, I love going to bed early period.

13 greensandjeans October 3, 2009 at 11:39 pm

I am currently writing this at 8:30 in my pjs lying in bed… I am definitely the coolest 24 year old I know. good luck on the 12 miles tomorrow!

14 Sarah October 3, 2009 at 11:43 pm

I’m working my way through season 2 of Dexter! Love it!

-Sarah,(formerly sarawithanhishealthy.wordpress.com

15 sue October 3, 2009 at 11:51 pm

i’ve never even heard of dexter- gotta check it out.

16 J @ Whole Body Love October 4, 2009 at 12:33 am

Is it odd the the I’m lovin’ the at-home dessert more than the restaurant entree?

17 Stef Simon October 4, 2009 at 1:24 am

I love reading your blog and all your positive energy. I have been following you for a couple months now. I just wanted to let you know that I awarded your blog with the Kreativ Blogger Award.

18 peaceloverunning October 4, 2009 at 2:33 am

everyone keeps on raving about dexter! i defiantly need to see what all this hype is about!

19 Diana October 4, 2009 at 4:12 am

Ah, I love Dexter. :) I’ve already watched the first episode of season 4. Good stuff!
That dessert sounds awesome right now ahah

20 Diana October 4, 2009 at 4:14 am

Ah, Dexter! I love that show. I’ve already watched the first episode of the 4th season. Good stuff!
That dessert sounds so good right now. :P

21 Nicole October 4, 2009 at 5:09 am

I love Dexter!!! It is such a great show, and so different from anything else that is out there now!! Or at least from what I get to see in Germany!

22 Lizzy October 4, 2009 at 8:08 am

that salmon on top of the salad looks awesome!!!

23 Katie October 4, 2009 at 8:10 am

Hi Meghann!

I’ve been a reader for a few months now…of course, just in time for me to start reading and REALIZE you live close to Orlando when I move away. I had been living there for 3 years. I just moved back home (philly)….but I was just reading your post about Dexter’s! OMG it was my absolute FAVORITE place to go – and brunch there is AWESOME! I wish I was still in Orlando! The entire time I was there I had been looking for a running buddy.

Anyway – sorry for the ramble – just wanted to say hi and that DEXTER’S ROCKS! Keep up the great training!

Katiefitz

24 Mica October 4, 2009 at 8:17 am

I’ve never seen Dexter, but my French officemate loves it! (And that’s saying something, because she doesn’t seem to like most American things.)

Mmm, I am jealous of your proximity to the ocean. There’s no way we could get good salmon like that here. Sad times. :(

25 Kristin October 4, 2009 at 9:03 am

Looks like the perfect relaxing evening! That salad looks savory and srumptious =)

xo
K

26 Ashley October 4, 2009 at 11:25 am

I also love Dexter. I started watching it with my boyfriend over the summer when we were abroad. Since we got very few channels in English we started watching Dexter on the laptop. Season 4 has started well.

27 Ryan @ Greens for Good October 4, 2009 at 11:36 am

Haha, isn’t that the restaurant those ladies asked us about at the FM yesterday? Must have been on your brain :-P

28 Jenna October 4, 2009 at 1:47 pm

great lookin salad and dessert ;)
jenna

29 Jacqueline October 4, 2009 at 2:25 pm

That dessert looks amazing!
That’s my kind of night too. I love climbing into bed and watch a little t.v early.

30 Aggie October 4, 2009 at 3:10 pm

We are living parallel lives right now, lol, I’m on the last episode of Dexter Season 3 and ate at Dexter’s for lunch yesterday! That salad is my absolute favorite and order it almost every time! (we eat the Dexter’s in Heathrow)…I had the crabcakes yesterday and they were awesome!

Good job being strong and eating your ice cream at home…I have such a weakness for Cold Stone.

31 Maddy October 4, 2009 at 4:24 pm

Hey Meghann! I went to Dexter’s about a month ago (while I was in Orlando for the Britney concert!!) and it was SO good. I don’t know if you ever use Restaurant.Com, but they are on there! It’s such a fun restaurant!

Hope you’ve had a fab weekend =)

32 Jess (What's Normal, Anyways?) October 6, 2009 at 7:47 pm

I LOVE Dexter’s, especially the Thorton location. They have a fantastic Sunday brunch, but are really good any time.

Consider my craving intensified by about 1000% now! :)