October = Orange?

by Meghann on October 1, 2009

Welcome to October everyone!

Did anyone else wake up with an urge to wear orange and brown? Just me? 😉

I am very excited for the 10th month of the year to begin. I have so many great things to look forward to on my calendar, yet it feels like the rustle and bustle of summer has finally winded down. To me October screams kicking back, relaxing and taking the new season in. I love it.

October also brings a new month in my Disney Marathon plan.

octtrain

(Click to enlarge)

This doesn’t look too bad. I’m hoping to dive a little more into speed training and you can tell the miles are slowly creeping up for my long runs. I also have two races scheduled, but both of them are for fun with plans to run at an easy pace.

I kicked October off with a 6 mile run which actually turned to a 6.5 mile run because I underestimated a new route. 🙂

You may be wondering what ‘including 5:00–6:00 TUT’ means. TUT = Total Uphill Time. Which means I should include 5-6 minutes going uphill.

I have a teeny little problem with this…. I live in Florida! The only way to get a hill near me is to create one on a treadmill. 🙁

I’ve thought about running up and down my stairs for 5 minutes, but my neighbors have informed me they don’t like it when I do that at 6:00am. I guess for now I will need to include some treadmill time in my morning TUT runs. I just need to talk myself into waking up a few minutes earlier to do so. 😉

After running late again this morning (Damn you garmin for taking 10 minutes to satellite sync!) I quickly through together an easy breakfast.

IMG_2805

• 1 Container of Chobani Blueberry
  • 1 Pear
  • 1 cup Kashi Go Lean Crunch
  • Raisins

IMG_2810

I kept breakfast simple by not adding too many parts. It’s been a while since I’ve had a big bowl of Kashi Go Lean Crunch. It’s so filling on its own and with the pear and chobani I am stuffed at the moment.

IMG_2806

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner…

The winner of the $20 Wal-Mart Gift Card for The Febreze Home Collection is…

Amy, on September 30th, 2009 at 11:27 pm Said:

I have five cats that I call my Furbabies. I love them!! I started out with one kitty. We got her fixed and then proceeded to go out and she “adopted” a stray who we later kept. By that time our new kitty was very pregnant with 7 kittens! I kept three of the babies, which took some convincing for the hubby, but now we have a cat family of 5 stink bombs. How they can smell so good when you hug them and sniff their fur, but make a house smell SO BAD, I’ll never know. I think some Febreeze could most definitely come in handy!

Congrats Amy!!! Shoot me an e-mail at graduatemeghann@gmail.com and I will send you your prize! 🙂

1 Whit October 1, 2009 at 9:12 am

No orange and brown, but I did have an urge to wear my most fabulous pair of boots, which I indulged.

2 Erica October 1, 2009 at 9:14 am

My urge for the fall colors started yesterday! I wore a cord khaki skirt and a brown t shirt (ya know…southern fall style haha). Good luck with the training! We have no real hills here either- except bridges over the water haha

3 courtlove111 October 1, 2009 at 9:25 am

Congrats to Amy…sounds like she really needs that Febreze!!

I have a total urge to light all my pumpkin candles and have something spicy (nutmeg/cinnamon) for breakfast.

Marathon plan looks great!!!! Keep up all your good work!

Courtney
Adventures in Tri-ing

4 greensandjeans October 1, 2009 at 9:29 am

hurray for october! it makes me want to wear corduroys and cute scarves… if only it wasn’t still in the 90s here!

5 Anne P October 1, 2009 at 9:29 am

Just leave your Garmin on so you don’t have to reconnect to satellites every day! When I’m not using it I always leave mine on and in the charger. That way, it will always be charged and connected whenever I want to head out!

6 allie October 1, 2009 at 9:32 am

i love october!!!
10 minutes to sync is crazy!! mine takes 3 or 4 and i think that’s too long- you are patient!

7 Meg C. October 1, 2009 at 9:38 am

no urge for orange and brown, but a distinct urge to eat candy corn!

8 Danielle October 1, 2009 at 9:45 am

Well I’m wearing my uggs which is the most fall like thing I own, love them!

9 Anne Marie@ New Weigh of Life October 1, 2009 at 9:58 am

I can relate to the orange and brown clothes theme. It’s definitely that time of year!

10 Matt October 1, 2009 at 10:00 am

I can’t believe it is already October! Where has this year gone?

Does your Garmin really take that long? I’ve heard people complain but mine has never taken more than 20 seconds to find satellites.

11 Jessica October 1, 2009 at 10:18 am

I have an urge to cuddle up on the couch and just wear comfy clothes!!

12 Kath October 1, 2009 at 10:25 am

Put that Garmin on a windowsill or your balcony! Mine loads in 60 seconds now. Now more missing miles.

13 Mellissa October 1, 2009 at 10:28 am

I have brown on today, and wear orange a lot since it is my favorite color! I love fall clothes.

14 nutritionbyeve October 1, 2009 at 10:30 am

The treadmill is not so bad – just load some really great music to pump you up!

15 kimszym October 1, 2009 at 10:30 am

Too funny. I am actually wearing orange and brown.

16 MelissaNibbles October 1, 2009 at 10:31 am

So excited for what we here in Boston call “Sweata weatha.”

Good luck with the new training plan!

17 ohsnapitsMegan October 1, 2009 at 10:33 am

It’s really cold in Indiana currently (in the 60s), so I busted out all my fav sweaters! I love midwest falls.

I need some advice! I registered for my first 5K for next Sunday and I’m really nervous. I can’t even jog a full mile yet. I’m not sure how to “train/learn to run”. I’ve never been a runner before and I don’t think what I’m doing now is working… help! (ANYBODY!)

18 Rose October 1, 2009 at 10:40 am

I totally packed and orange and brown sweater set for this weekend.

19 Amy October 1, 2009 at 10:43 am

Do you have any pedestrian bridges in your area? Those usually have slight inclines so you may be able to get your “hills” in that way. Also, I noticed you’re not doing any cross-training and I am wondering if there is a particular reason for this. I’m about to go run my first marathon on SUNDAY (holy crap, ah!!) and I cross-trained (usually swimming and weights) once a week. Just curious as to why you don’t–I love learning more about other people’s training! 🙂

20 Liz October 1, 2009 at 10:45 am

I didn’t even remember it was October until I read your post. And before I learned of the month I for some reason I dug out the orange scarf for the first time since last winter. How weird, October = orange even subconsciously.

21 Lindsey @ Sound Eats October 1, 2009 at 10:47 am

hahaha I love that your neighbors informed you they don’t like you running up and down the stairs at 6AM. 🙂

Oh and I’m totally embracing fall/ this weather – fall colors, squash, warm foods, hot teas. Going to the homecoming football game tomorrow night for Ross’ school and I’m so excited – I hope it’s cool and gets me even more in the fall spirit. 🙂

22 Sarah October 1, 2009 at 10:51 am

we live in a canyon so my problem is opposite, i just want to run on flat courses with no hills!

23 runningwriting October 1, 2009 at 10:52 am

My garmin does the same thing. Sometimes it’s picked up satellites before I’m out the door and other days I am almost a mile in. It drives me crazy! Anne’s idea of leaving it on the charger is a good one, but I’d worry about that affecting the battery life maybe??

24 Anne P October 1, 2009 at 12:56 pm

yeah i was worried about it affecting the battery, too, but i’ve had my garmin for 3 years, been doing that the whole time, and it’s never had a problem!

25 Morgan @ Life After Bagels October 1, 2009 at 10:56 am

Okay this is going to sound quite nerdy . . . but my October started on Monday, I always have my fiscal calendar for work in my head so to me it’s been October for days, but it’s really cool in Toronto today, so that drives it home even more.

26 Cat October 1, 2009 at 11:08 am

My Garmin takes forever too, so when I wake up, I turn it on and leave it on the windowsill. By the time I am dressed and out the door, I have a good head start and can usually just put it on and go. Maybe that will help.

27 Nicole October 1, 2009 at 11:15 am

I agree with Whit! This was definitely a boot day!!! And I feel like eating a lot of squash today!

I have to get on the treadmill once a week because I have too many hills over here. It is very hard to get in a speed workout doing sprints trying to climb steep hills. I don’t mind on my nonspeed days though!

28 Andee (Runtolive) October 1, 2009 at 11:17 am

Great idea for the eggplant! I don’t usually buy eggplants but I might this weekend just to try out this recipe. Good luck with the marathon training, it’s a good thing the Walt Disney World marathon is fairly flat.

29 rhodeygirltests October 1, 2009 at 11:29 am

Ha! I just wrote about my exciting schedule!!! 🙂

Re: Garmin. Did you try leaving it by the window or doorstep while you get dressed and such? I’ve been setting it to “locate satellite” while I brush teeth and get dressed, and then by the time I get outside it only take me a few seconds to relocate the satellite. By the time my iPod is on my arm I can go. The weirdest part is that I live in an upper floor and it still helps!

Also, loved the eggplant last night! Looks delish!

30 Brandi October 1, 2009 at 11:32 am

I agree about October. It’s REALLY fall now, to me.

I just tried GoLean Crunch the other day and love it! Very filling.

31 Emily October 1, 2009 at 11:48 am

Funny how everyone gets bummed when September arrives but everyone loves October!

I live in Western Massachusetts—I have a hard time finding somewhere flat to run, so I go to the gym for a flat workout!

32 Evan Thomas October 1, 2009 at 12:13 pm

We have plenty of hills around here you can have 🙂
You’re so organized, I definitely should utilize a google calender if only for tests and essays

33 Diana October 1, 2009 at 12:30 pm

I really missed the fall! So yeah, I’m actually happy we’re already in October. 🙂

34 Laura S October 1, 2009 at 12:46 pm

I love fall too! It’s perfect running weather!

35 Jenna October 1, 2009 at 1:46 pm

o i didn’t wear any orange or brown!
i love how you say your neighbors don’t like you running up and down the stairs at 6 in the am! haha.
did you have a problem with them before?!
jenna

36 Lizzy October 1, 2009 at 10:32 pm

i wish i had more orange clothes, because i totes wanted to pull out those fall colors! 🙂

37 Amy October 2, 2009 at 9:15 pm

I was so happy to have won, I was nervous when I was emailing my address. My hands were shaking with glee.

And I kindly informed my stinky tribe of furbabies that a new, finer smell would be filling the air sometime soon, LOL!

Amy