A Day of Relaxation

by Meghann on September 27, 2009

Another weekend has come and gone far too quickly. :(

But, I have to say this has been one of the most relaxing weekend I’ve had in a while. Despite the craziness of my 15k yesterday morning and driving to Tampa, I’ve spent the majority of my time chilling in Derek’s living room. In fact I even managed to squeeze in another 1 hour nap today!

In between napping and Football we did venture out at one point to Sam’s Club so I could abuse Derek’s membership. πŸ˜‰

I am a sucker for free samples and they were out in full force today.

Pizza & Buffalo Wing

Needless to say I spoiled my appetite for any sort of lunch. Instead I opted for a lovely bowl of Berries, Vanilla Oikos and Honey Bunches of Oats.

This was exactly what I was craving.

After watching the Bucs lose – this has not been a good weekend for our teams – and taking my hour nap I headed back to Orlando to prep for the week.

On the drive I had this Quaker Chewy Bar that I snagged from Derek’s cabinet.

I felt like I spent the whole weekend eating out and was really looking forward to eating a meal made with my two own hands.

The Chickpea Parmesan Burger is my newest concoction.

• 3/4 cup Chickpeas
  • 1/4 cup Whole Wheat Bread Crumbs
  • 1/4 cup Marinara Sauce
  • 1 T minced Garlic
  • 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
  • 3 Basil Leaves, chopped
  • 1/4 cup Sliced Mushrooms

Put all the ingredients in a food processor and let it whirl. When everything is blended divide the mix in half and create two patties. I cooked mine on the stove top.

When the burgers were done I topped mine with more Marinara sauce and a slice of Mozzarella cheese to complete the Parmesan Burger effect.

This was really, really good! Another winner.

On the side I had Rutagabaga Fries.

Cut rutabaga in fry shapes, cook in oven at 415 for 20 minutes with a little salt & pepper.

For dessert I had a chunk of Sin Dawg.

I’m now going to continue with the relaxing theme of the day and chill out in front of the TV with my puppy and some good tv.

Good Night!

1 Leianna September 27, 2009 at 8:29 pm

Love that Parmesean burger and rutabega fries plate, totally yummy!
I love relaxing weekends!

2 inmytummy September 27, 2009 at 8:36 pm

If you wrote a cookbook, I would buy it. Your food always looks so good.

3 cookinfanatic September 27, 2009 at 8:59 pm

I love how adventurous you are with trying new veggies — the rutabega fries look fantastic!

4 Emily @ My Chubby Confessions September 27, 2009 at 9:14 pm

That burger looks divine! I may have to stop by a local grocer and pick up some marinara so I can make this!

5 jocelyneatsfresh September 27, 2009 at 9:28 pm

that burger looks divine! I will have to try it out!

6 Laura September 27, 2009 at 9:54 pm

Chickpea parm sandwhiches! Love the idea. Will have to try this out soon.

Backstage Pass to Health & Happiness

7 Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) September 27, 2009 at 9:56 pm

Oh my gosh, chickpea burgers sound amazing! Thanks πŸ˜‰ Glad you had a good weekend.

8 angieinatlanta September 27, 2009 at 10:13 pm

I’m all about samples, too! I mean, free things and food are two of my favorites in the whole wide world!

Chickpea burgers sound awesome! I love black bean burgers so I’m sure chickpea would be a big hit in my house as well!

9 Serena September 27, 2009 at 10:19 pm

I just checked out that bread because it looks sooo good. Love that you can order it online – hate that you have to buy 4 loaves to do so! So I will just keep drooling over it while reading your blog…

10 runninghealthy September 27, 2009 at 10:19 pm

i’ve never tried rutabaga before. is it similar to anything? those chickpea burgers look delicious, i’ll have to give them a try!

11 Jenn Eats Nutritiously Now September 27, 2009 at 10:55 pm

That sandwich looks so good. I’ll have to try something like that sometime.

12 Bec September 27, 2009 at 11:08 pm

that burger looks amazing

13 Jenna September 27, 2009 at 11:09 pm

wow! that parm sandwich looks great meghannnn :)

14 chasingthenow September 27, 2009 at 11:20 pm

I’ve certainly never tried rutabaga fries, but they look good!

Relaxing weekends are the best, aren’t they. I have what looks to be a relaxing weekend coming up and I can’t wait!!!

15 Jenn (eating bender) September 27, 2009 at 11:20 pm

Hey Meghann!!

I just read your race recap post – BIG congrats to you! I’m so happy for you and all the lovely FL racing ladies. It’s so much fun to read everyone’s unique experience.

I also wanted to say that I think it’s so great that you will be running the 10k with Derek all the way. Bobby did that for me this weekend and I was so, so grateful. It truly made a huge difference in my morale, whether he knows it or not :)

Love that burger! I actually think I have all of the ingredients, so that may be in the works this week. Have a great one!

16 broccolihut September 27, 2009 at 11:32 pm

I know exactly what you mean! After a vacay from the kitchen, I can’t wait to get in there again!

17 bobbi September 27, 2009 at 11:51 pm

Hey Megs just caught up your ENTIRE weekend!!! WHAT A GREAT race! You tottaly kicked butt, all these race remind me of me last year :) I guess all these cross country meets have helped me save because I would be out their running those 10ks too! LOL.

18 Courtney September 28, 2009 at 12:38 am

That’s so awesome that you and him just chill out and mellow out :) I love your fries, too! πŸ˜€ I bought some yucca root the other day … except mine are TINY?!

19 bad carbohydrates September 28, 2009 at 1:11 am

Those foods above look tasty and delicious, but most important the foods give healhy to people.

20 Julia September 28, 2009 at 2:29 am

pretzel and shrimpie samples…Yes please!
I’ve gotta start making fries like you do, so I don’t have to drool over yours!

21 Cara (Cara Craves...) September 28, 2009 at 6:42 am

I am quite impressed that you were able to eat a “whole” meal from the sample isle. I love samples!
I will specifically go into certain stores and bakeries that give good samples :)

22 Haleigh September 28, 2009 at 8:06 am

Mmm, the chickpea parmesan burger is right up my alley- sounds delicious!

23 lauren (athleat) September 28, 2009 at 9:15 am

what a great burger idea. and I need to try the rutabaga fries…have been eyeing them up for waaay too long.

24 Quinn September 28, 2009 at 9:27 am

You could seriously eat a whole meal at Sam’s Club! Talk about sample city!

25 allijag September 28, 2009 at 9:38 am

You are a genius! That chickpea parmesean looks TDF! I love abusing bulk club memberships! :)

26 Rosey Rebecca September 28, 2009 at 9:54 am

The chickpea parm is so creative! I want to try it!

27 Evan Thomas September 28, 2009 at 10:05 am

Those chickpea burgers sound delicious, but I think Id have made a meal out of the sin dawg if i were you

28 mistifogg September 28, 2009 at 12:52 pm

Loving the Rutagabaga Fries, never thought to have those before! Great Idea! =) Laura

29 Kat September 28, 2009 at 3:19 pm

That dinner looks awesome- so creative!

30 Pam (Highway to Health) September 28, 2009 at 3:39 pm

YUM! Those burgers look AWESOME! That is a must try once I get my food processer