When Everything Clicked

by Meghann on September 25, 2009

Welcome to the last day of the work week… well it is for me at least. 😉

I took advantage of my active rest day this morning and gave my legs a good stretch with a 20 minute session of yogadownload.com Yoga for Runners. Miracle Miles is tomorrow and I wanted to make sure my legs were in tip top shape before I pounded out 9.3 miles.

I rounded out my work out with some crunches and arm weights.

With the extra free time I had yesterday afternoon, I was able to prep a wonderful Breakfast Cookie to enjoy this morning.

IMG_2449

This mix contained:

• 1/2 cup Oats
  • 1 snack pack container Unsweetened Apple Sauce
  • Dried Berries
  • Chia Seeds
  • Naturally Nutty Toffee Butter Peanut Butter

I mixed everything until it was crumbly, then flatted it on a plate to set over night in the fridge.

IMG_2447

This morning I topped the cookie with some Plain Oikos, 1/2 a Peach and 2 tablespoons of Chocolate is For Lovers Granola.

Yum!

I can’t believe Miracle Miles is tomorrow. It feels like yesterday I was racing around downtown in my first Miracle Miles race in 2008. You can read my recap of that race here.

This race is very special to me for many reasons.

It was…

• My first race I ran when I moved to Orlando
  • My first race I ran with Caitlin
  • My first racing distance greater then a 5k
  • My first time running over 8 miles
  • My first race I blogged about

And to be honest it was the first race where I really felt like a true runner. We all have those moments where everything clicks and we realize why exactly we love something so much. This race taught me to stop looking at running as merely a tool to lose weight, but instead as a fun outlet to meet new people, run with a crowd and just have fun. I realized I LOVED running. This race gave me a high like no other and I can’t wait to recreate that.

Did you ever have a moment where everything clicks? When you realize you can’t live without something or that you honestly truly enjoy doing it?

1 caitlin September 25, 2009 at 8:39 am

hahah the husband look grumpy in that picture!!

2 caitlin September 25, 2009 at 8:40 am

also – i don’t have on knee sleeves!! WEIRD.

3 Kristine September 25, 2009 at 8:50 am

Yes, I went to yoga, and then realized i’m a runner. 🙂 Haha!!

4 Amanda September 25, 2009 at 8:56 am

When I went to my first yoga class at my studio. I had taken classes in college and at my gym, but I instantly loved how strong and centered I felt after taking a class at my “yoga home”! I knew that getting a membership would be so great for me mentally and physically.

5 Maggie September 25, 2009 at 9:03 am

I had an aha moment when I quit my job 🙂 I’m still trying to figure out exactly what I want to do, but I’m so much closer now!

Ahh, I haven’t done that runners yoga in a while… I definitely need it. I’ve been doing more running/cardio and less yoga and I’m tight.

6 Melissa September 25, 2009 at 9:04 am

Great post Meghann, have fun tomorrow. As I often do, I woke up, needed a little inspiration to get out the door for a run, read your blog and got my butt outside to enjoy a nice four miles! thanks for the constant inspiration.

7 Jenna September 25, 2009 at 9:12 am

good luck tomorrow!
jenna

8 Paige@ Running Around Normal September 25, 2009 at 9:13 am

Aww such a monumental race it was last year! I hope this year’s is just as great for you!

9 Leianna September 25, 2009 at 9:31 am

Sounds like a fun race to do!
I’m sure you will PR, you are an awesome runner!

10 runeatrepeat September 25, 2009 at 9:43 am

Good Luck Tomorrow! I hope you continue your awesome race streak 🙂
I definitely think the first time I ran outside (I used to run on the treadmill only!) I realized – I love this!!!

11 Anne Marie@ New Weigh of Life September 25, 2009 at 9:48 am

Good luck tomorrow! I’m sure you’ll do great!

12 greensandjeans September 25, 2009 at 9:50 am

Good luck! 15K is one of my favorite distances! My “clicking” moment was my freshman year of college when I got up early some morning in the fall to run and I was running on these beautiful tree lined streets and suddenly nothing else mattered- school work, boy troubles, being homesick… I was just so happy to be out running in this beautiful place. *sigh* Just thinking about it makes me miss having a “real” fall!

13 Julie @savvyeats September 25, 2009 at 9:50 am

Wow, its kind of like the blog has come full circle! I hope you continue blogging for a long time. Good luck on your race!

14 biz319 September 25, 2009 at 9:51 am

Glad you got to stretch and relax – good luck tomorrow! 😀

15 megan September 25, 2009 at 10:01 am

Unfortunately I have not had that moment with running yet! Maybe with baking? I love it! I’m not great at it yet, but i’m learning and I love to bake for people and try out new fun recipes

16 Lizzy September 25, 2009 at 10:08 am

Good luck tomorrow! I’ve had this moment, not with running, but with what i want to do as a career! Its such a great feeling knowing exactly what you want in life!

17 brandi September 25, 2009 at 10:22 am

great breakfast cookie mixture!

my 10K trail run just about killed me, but I proved to myself that I could do it, which was huge.

18 Morgan (lifeafterbagels) September 25, 2009 at 10:25 am

The first time the running thing clicked for me was when I ran for stress relief, not for exercise. I came home from work in a horrible mood and instead of pulling out some good ol chips, I went for a run.

19 Sarah September 25, 2009 at 10:52 am

good luck tomorrow! the races that really mean something to you personally are the best. mine is next months nike womens race in san francisco, that was my first race. cant wait for it!

20 Ali September 25, 2009 at 10:54 am

Your cookie looks great! I never tried putting apple sauce in it, I will have to try that! I love the great ideas I get form you 🙂

Good post aboutrunnig. Running finally really clicked for me on Wednesday (after running for a year). I did 5.6 miles and felt great the whole time. I realized I was really a runner then! Good Luck with your race and have fun 🙂

21 Matt September 25, 2009 at 11:13 am

Good luck tomorrow! I love 15k’s. It is a distance that is long enough for me, but I can still run fast!

22 Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) September 25, 2009 at 11:26 am

I’ll be rooting for you tomorrow!

23 Devan Newman September 25, 2009 at 12:52 pm

good luck tomorrow 🙂
I have definatly had those “clicking” moments.

24 Voracious Vorilee September 25, 2009 at 1:19 pm

Good luck tomorrow, I am sure that you’ll rock your race! I have definitely had those moments when everything clicks, it’s like a lightbulb goes off over your head!

25 Tay September 25, 2009 at 4:09 pm

Woop Woop good luck tomorrow Meghann!

26 RunToTheFinish September 25, 2009 at 5:17 pm

yes, I love it when things click.. i know it’s happened for me…specially with my hubbers.

have fun tomorrow!!

27 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 25, 2009 at 7:01 pm

I totally understand what you mean about seeing running as more than just a weight loss tool. I thought that way for so long. Only when I did my first race did it all click for me too. I dont even view it as a weight loss tool anymore! I eat too much for that, haha.

28 melissa s September 25, 2009 at 8:50 pm

do you remember sending me that picture of you and caitlin in my first care package? i still have it in a frame to take when i travel around. 🙂

29 Jess September 26, 2009 at 3:06 am

I get that feeling when biking a lot. It’s something that has always felt so natural to me, like I was “meant” to do it. It’s not as frequent when I run, but usually when I reach that point where I don’t think I can keep going a sense of peace will come over me and I’ll realize that nothing’s making me do this, I do it because I actually love it. It’s a pretty incredible feeling.