Congrats Caitlin!

by Meghann on September 24, 2009

First of all, A BIG CONGRATS to Caitlin for her Operation Beautiful book deal!! She has worked very hard the past few months and totally deserves this new adventure in her life. πŸ™‚

You might have realized my post about dreams yesterday was indirectly related to her. She had a dream, fought for it and made it reality. It just goes to show that anything is possible. I just need to figure out where to start with mine.

At least I’m on my way to completing one dream…running the Disney Marathon. πŸ˜‰

I ran 5 miles this morning and did some great deep stretches after wards. My back is actually a little sore from Rock Climbing last night. My back was tensed the entire time I was climbing, so I am not surprised at all.

For breakfast I discovered left over homemade waffles in the freezer. I toasted the waffles and topped them with 1/2 an apple I heated up with a little cinnamon and applesauce and a sprinkle of granola.

IMG_2396

Eggo has nothing on these guys.

IMG_2402

I ran out of syrup a couple of months ago and honestly haven’t seen the need to replace it. I prefer my waffles covered in yogurt or applesauce. Plain syrup is officially boring in my eyes. πŸ™‚

What do you like on you waffles/ pancakes? Do you go for old fashion syrup or prefer lots of berries and yogurt or do you go for something completely out there?

1 Anja September 24, 2009 at 8:39 am

I like applesauce on my pancakes, too! But sometimes I need a bit more sweetness and then I eat my pancakes with chocolate cream esp. Nutella πŸ˜‰

2 greensandjeans September 24, 2009 at 8:42 am

When I am feeling completely boring I do a tiny bit of butter and jam, but I loooove fruit and peanut butter on my waffles/pancakes, because well, peanut butter is the ideal topping on anything in my mind!

3 jentrinque September 24, 2009 at 8:42 am

Ah, yes, I see how Caitlin inspired your dreams post yesterday – I’m sure you can find and accomplish your own dream, too.

I usually like hot apples or yogurt or other cooked fruits on my pancakes and waffles, I hardly ever eat syrup, either.

4 megzzwinsatlife September 24, 2009 at 8:52 am

yeahh for Caitlin.. I thought your post was geared toward Caitlin… I am happy you are completing one dream! She inspired me too!!

I love strawberries on my waffles… mmm mmm good!

5 amanda @ fake ginger September 24, 2009 at 8:57 am

So did you know about all of Caitlin’s news or did she hide it from you too? I’m excited for her and I don’t even know her, I bet you’re about to burst from excitement!

I like my waffles to be handheld. I don’t put anything on them! I like a teeny bit of syrup on pancakes, but just a dab. I don’t like when they get soggy.

6 caitlin September 24, 2009 at 3:33 pm

meghann knew – she’s my BFF! she knew everything the whole time πŸ™‚

7 Kasondra September 24, 2009 at 8:59 am

I like nut butter and yogurt!!

8 Kasondra September 24, 2009 at 9:01 am

and fruit, pumpkin, jelly.

9 Amanda September 24, 2009 at 9:00 am

I love topping my pancakes/waffles with all different things! Lately I have been spreading canned pumpkin and topping with cinnamon and a little syrup! Tastes like pumpkin pie!!

10 jocelyneatsfresh September 24, 2009 at 9:05 am

100 percent canadian maple syrup can not be beat!

11 Mellissa September 24, 2009 at 9:07 am

I need lots of syrup on the rare occasion that I eat pancakes or waffles and it must be 100% real maple syrup. I can’t stand the fake stuff!

12 Emily September 24, 2009 at 9:09 am

Congrats on heading towards your dreams too!!! The Disney Princess Half is pretty high on my list πŸ™‚

13 VeggieGirl September 24, 2009 at 9:12 am

MAJOR congratulations to Caitlin and to you!! Hooray for chasing your dreams πŸ™‚

Waffle toppings = maple syrup and nuts.

14 Jessica September 24, 2009 at 9:15 am

I have never tried applesauce on waffles or pancakes. That sounds really good!

15 MelissaNibbles September 24, 2009 at 9:15 am

Mayjor congrats to Ms. Caitlin (said in Posh spice voice).

Love the waffles!

16 hypki September 24, 2009 at 9:35 am

You’ll find your dream, just keep learning about what it is that you love.
I think it is awesome that all of you Kelly, Caitlin, Jenna, and you are all “not settling” per se to just have the normal american life. Always wanting to do something more with your life is truly what keeps it an adventure and serving people is what brings joy.

BTW…yummy waffles, wish I had a waffle maker, but then I might just make them too much! πŸ™‚

17 Lauren September 24, 2009 at 9:44 am

yesterday we had homemade whole wheat waffles with flax for my birthday – i topped them with vanilla stonyfield yogurt and a chopped peach! yum yum yum! i will have to try the cinnamon apple approach πŸ™‚

18 Nicci@NiftyEats September 24, 2009 at 9:45 am

I love just doing berries and greek yogurt instead of syrup most days!

19 Brandi September 24, 2009 at 9:48 am

i love having fruit on waffles! and maple syrup together.

20 courtlove111 September 24, 2009 at 10:01 am

Natural peanut butter!! Yum yum!! Such a good pre-workout fuel.

Courtney
Adventures in Tri-ing

21 lilybeans September 24, 2009 at 10:08 am

On waffles I tend to use almond butter or yogurt and fruit. Pancakes though I like to make an almond butter REAL maple syrup mix some times with a mushed naner in there too.

Your’s looks delicious! I will have to try some applesauce.

22 Lori-Pure2Raw September 24, 2009 at 10:08 am

Congrats both to you and Caitlin! Very exciting for the both of you. I am happy to hear that you are following one of your dreams in running the Disney Marathon. I will be there too, I am very excited this is my 2nd one. I wish you all the best in your training. If you need any advice or motivation I would be glad to help in any way that I can. Maybe we could meet up there as well? I haven’t had waffles and pancakes in so long but I love maple syrup on them!

23 Samantha September 24, 2009 at 10:28 am

I love putting fresh cut berries on or in my pancakes! Maybe a chocolate chip here or there!!

24 Matt September 24, 2009 at 10:29 am

I like my pancakes with butter, pure maple syrup, and fresh fruit!

25 Shannon September 24, 2009 at 10:34 am

Peanut or almond butter all the way (w/ a little syrup/honey/agave/mashed banana). Before I found food blogs, I was the only person I knew of that thought the concept of nut butter and pancakes/waffle was normal. Applesauce is genius, though. Oooh, applesauce and nut butter sounds really good…

26 Rose September 24, 2009 at 10:45 am

Waffles! Always and forever. Love.

27 Leah September 24, 2009 at 10:54 am

I like berries (a little liquified) or agave on my pancakes/waffles!

28 Susan September 24, 2009 at 10:57 am

Seems like Waffle Wednesday spilled over into Thursday, as I had them again for breakfast this morning πŸ™‚ My all time fave way is with a little butter (or earth balance) and maple syrup. But lately it’s been almond butter, yogurt and berries. Yum!

29 Lauren September 24, 2009 at 11:15 am

That is so great about Caitlin! I had a similar breakfast this morning. They are so filling. And I’ve been wanting to try one of those rock climbing walls. I have never done it. Was it hard?

30 biz319 September 24, 2009 at 11:17 am

Congrats to Caitlin! I’ll have to check that out.

I am a waffle girl with sugar free pancake syrup! Sweet and simple!

31 Anne Marie@ New Weigh of Life September 24, 2009 at 11:32 am

I love syrup and fruit on my waffles and pancakes. So good!

32 Fallon September 24, 2009 at 11:33 am

Mmm I love a smear of some nut butter on my waffles drizzled in real maple syrup! As for pancakes it all about the berries and yogurt. πŸ˜‰

33 Dawn (HealthySDLiving) September 24, 2009 at 11:39 am

That’s so awesome that you’re going to do the Disney marathon–that’ll be such an accomplishment! πŸ™‚

I like my waffles pretty plain. Either nut butter and nuts or syrup…maybe some whipped cream!

34 Lauren September 24, 2009 at 11:41 am

I like a drizzle of sugar-free syrup (I don’t like the taste of maple syrup) and sliced bananas on top of waffles/pancakes.

35 Kate September 24, 2009 at 11:53 am

Nut butter, smooshed naners and a drizzle of something sweet (agave, honey, syrup). I couldn’t live without syrup for my oatmeal though!

36 Valerie September 24, 2009 at 12:05 pm

I love syrup sometimes and not otehrs. I can’t get on the yogurt train, but applesauce and nut butters..oh yes. Check out this apple glaze I made the other day http://bit.ly/4ajfrZ. It’s simple, and can be adjusted easily!

37 Kacie September 24, 2009 at 12:10 pm

Hi! I’ve never commented before (sorry) but have been reading for awhile.

For waffles and pancakes I usually go for nut butter/yogurt and fruit but one of my favorite things which is pretty weird is refrigerated leftover pancakes with some low-fat cream cheese!

38 Julie September 24, 2009 at 12:13 pm

almond butter and jam or warm berries with a squirt of agave.

39 Lindsay @ bananaandchocolate September 24, 2009 at 12:14 pm

I don’t like syrup at all. I would much rather top my pancakes and waffles with nut butter!

40 Evan Thomas September 24, 2009 at 1:06 pm

Berries and yogurt? That just takes up space from the maple syrup πŸ™‚ I like Trader Joe’s Maple-Agave blend

41 Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) September 24, 2009 at 1:27 pm

I totally drizzle peanut butter on my waffles! Sometimes with chocolate chips too πŸ™‚

Who needs syrup?!

42 indieconquers (Run Study Eat) September 24, 2009 at 1:37 pm

waffles! thick ones just they way i see them on your blog

43 Jenna September 24, 2009 at 1:52 pm

i like waffles and prefer them with yogurt and lots of fruits!
jenna

44 Tay September 24, 2009 at 2:11 pm

I like syrup and banana slices. I’m not a fan of berries – but I like berry syrup!

45 lilveggiepatch September 24, 2009 at 2:20 pm

I like Greek yogurt with honey, fruit & nuts. Yum!

46 Julie @savvyeats September 24, 2009 at 2:40 pm

Usually, I just do PB or AB. Sometimes I’ll put banana or applesauce on top of the nut butter. Soooo good!

47 Riss September 24, 2009 at 2:44 pm

Mmmm waffles! I made pancakes this morning and after I had them on the griddle I thought, “man… why didn’t I do waffles!?”

I’ve recently been hooked on topping my waffles and pancakes with raspberries, half a banana and maple syrup + agave. But, I also enjoy the whole nut butter thing, as well. My newest goal is to come up with a creamy pumpkin-sauce in honor of autumn!

48 Lisa September 24, 2009 at 2:53 pm

I agree with a lot of people on the peanut butter topping! It’s like extra delicious pb toast.

49 Nicole C. September 24, 2009 at 3:16 pm

Caitlin rocks! And she deserves all the good and success that comes her way. The same goes for you! Love that rock climbing bloggie meet-up you ladies did. Looks like so much fun! I like using applesauce, pureed pumpkin or greek yogurt as a pancake/waffle topper. Don’t get me wrong; I still like my syrup. But fruit and/or veggies are awesome, too!

50 mayapamela September 24, 2009 at 3:19 pm

If have the time I like to make my own waffles but for weekdays I’d like a good mix. I tried one out recently and I wasn’t too happy with it. Which brand of mix do you use? Or do you make your own?

51 Julia September 24, 2009 at 3:32 pm

Those waffles look amazing!

52 Monica C. September 24, 2009 at 3:35 pm

No butter, just syrup on the side. And not real maple syrup – the store bought kind only! πŸ˜‰

Those waffles look DELISH!

53 Rosey Rebecca September 24, 2009 at 3:42 pm

I really need a waffle iron. I usually add a bit of real maple syrup, plain oikos, and bananas to my waffles/pancakes. I love making waffle sandwiches too!