more ยป" />

Rock Star

by Meghann on September 23, 2009

Oh yeah… I’m a Rock Star. ;)

I was able to conquer that wall, but let’s not get too ahead of ourselves. ;)

This afternoon I was finally able to sample the new Peanut Butter & Jelly Larabar.

I had mixed feelings about trying this flavor.

On one hand I LOVE the Peanut Butter Cookie Larabar and on the other I couldn’t even finish a Cherry Pie Larabar in the past. I have also never been a fan Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwiches. However, the idea of a new Larabar flavor was too tempting to not try for my own.

I had one bite and slowly analyzed the bar with each chew. I liked the PB flavor, but honestly the cherry made it way too PB & J for me.

I was g-chatting with Megan as I was trying the bar and told her I was debating whether I should finish eating the bar or not. She responded that if I had to ask that question then obviously I shouldn’t.

I took her advice and tossed the rest of the bar. Instead I pulled out my back up bar: a Mojo Mountain Mix Bar. I already knew this one was a winner.

After work I met up with Katy, Sarah, Mary Beth, & Rosie at the Aiguille Rock Climbing Center in Longwood to take advantage of their ladies’ night special.

IMG_2545.JPG.jpeg

I have only been to a real rock gym once when I lived in Tallahassee a couple of years ago. I knew it was going to be tough, so I was a little nervous.

Us first timers had to take a rope & safety course to go over the basics.

Then we were off.

Everyone did a great job. I was impressed on everyone’s ability to make it up the walls.

Sarah was our ring leader. She is an avid rock climber and even has a great post on her blog about the basics if you curious about going to a gym yourself.

I made it up three different walls and felt myself getting braver with each climb. I decided to stop being scared and just go for it. After I made that decision I could instantly feel a difference in my climbing.

It was awesome and I can not wait to go again! I can already tell my legs and arms are going to be sore tomorrow.

We climbed the rocks until my tummy started to growl after 8:00. I basically sped home to reheat some tasty left overs.

Monday’s Acorn Squash Chili heated up quick and easy. With a dollop of Plain Oikos it was the perfect post climbing meal.

On the side a generous portion of homemade corn bread. :)

When I checked the mail this morning I was happy to have a little surprise waiting for me.

Last month I won one of Dave’s Killer Sin Dawgs off of Heather’s Blog. I have been drooling over this intense nut & seeded coated cinnamon roll ever since I first saw it appear on her blog.

I was salivating as I unwrapped the plastic wrap and caught the cinnamon aroma. Yum!

After a quick 15 seconds in the microwave, this baby did not disappoint. I was rich, hearty and just truly amazing! Oh why, oh why can’t Dave’s Killer Bread be available in Florida?!?!?!

I really had fun tonight. I think having an active girl’s night really breaks up the week and makes it go by faster. Now that my body is worked and my tummy is full, its time to get some sleep.

Good Night!

1 megzzwinsatlife September 23, 2009 at 9:57 pm

Looks like soo much fun meghann… I wish I could rock climb! Great Job!

2 Matt September 23, 2009 at 10:01 pm

Wow that rock climbing looks fun! I’ve been a few times at the rock climbing wall at our rec center. It was a blast!

3 Brie (The Fit Bride) September 23, 2009 at 10:01 pm

Mmm…I loved the PB&J Larabar! I could only find it in the stores once, though, and now it disappeared. To each her own!

4 Deva (Voracious Vorilee) September 23, 2009 at 10:02 pm

That looks like a fun rock climb! I don’t know if there is anythign nearly that cool near me – but if there is, I totally need to find it!

5 Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) September 23, 2009 at 10:05 pm

That rock climbing gym looks like a blast!

6 Morgan September 23, 2009 at 10:26 pm

Glad you had fun climbing, I need to get on the walls soon, it’s been too long. And I know what you mean about being hungry, climbing always makes me ravenous! I have a climbing bag with my equipment, and it is always overflowing with snacks!

7 fattiefatterton September 23, 2009 at 10:27 pm

Totally agree with you on the PB&J Larabar. I couldn’t do the cherry one, and this one is too bitter for me. I am liking the Cocoa Mole one, though.

8 Jess (What's Normal, Anyways?) September 23, 2009 at 10:34 pm

Oh man, I love rock climbing and have been a few years myself. The Rock Gym is pretty great in Gville, but I just haven’t made it over yet.

PS. I totally agree about the Cherry Pie Larabar. I could only eat 1/2 of it, I love me some cherries and sour things too, but whoo! I haven’t gotten my hands on the PB&J one yet though.

Have a great night!

9 inmytummy September 23, 2009 at 10:47 pm

I tried a rock climbing wall on a cruise last year and could only make it halfway!

10 joelygolightly September 23, 2009 at 10:52 pm

Fun- I want to rock climb!

11 Rosey Rebecca September 23, 2009 at 10:54 pm

Wow, rock climbing looks awesome! I’m with you, I love the PB cookie larabar but I HATE the cherry one. But I am a huge fan of pb&j sandwiches so the pb&j flavor was right up my alley.

12 The Healthy Hostess September 23, 2009 at 10:55 pm

How fun! The rocking climbing looks like a blast!

13 Tay September 23, 2009 at 11:03 pm

Oh how fun! I’ve been indoor rock climbing once before and it was sooo hard!! I also stupidly wore shorts which rode up – I recommend never doing that. You were smart to wear capris ;-)

14 Hangry Pants September 23, 2009 at 11:07 pm

We have a little rock wall at school and I always want to climb it.

I am glad you finally got the bread. Isn’t it the freakin best thing?!?! Did you get two? It looks like two or a boomerang.

15 Kristen September 23, 2009 at 11:32 pm

Hi Meghann, I’ve been following your blog for a while but this is my first time saying hello! You have totally inspired me to check out the rock climbing place basically across the street from where I live. Hopefully I can round up some girls to join me like you did…always so much more fun.

I have been on the HUNT for those PB&J larabars but I’m not sure they’ve blessed your neighbors to the north with them yet… I know it will be my new fave though, can’t get enough PB&J. Funny how tastes are so different!

16 Lizzy September 23, 2009 at 11:54 pm

rock climbing seems like it would be so much fun, they have a wall at my school gym, but i’m always so intimidated by it. but i’m thinking i should try :)

17 Emily September 24, 2009 at 12:01 am

Dave’s killer bread is soo good.

I once took a school program to become certified in rock climbing, haven’t been back since :/ haha

18 broccolihut September 24, 2009 at 12:21 am

I am a total sucker for seedy baked goods, so I am totally jealous of that cinnamon roll!

19 greensandjeans September 24, 2009 at 12:23 am

that cinnamon roll looks delicious! so glad you had a good time rock climbing! you should try it outdoors sometime, it’s very different but in a very good way!

20 Amy September 24, 2009 at 12:47 am

First a trampoline workout, now rock climbing. What a great way to mix up your workouts!!! I often get into a running rut, but this post really made me want to try the rock wall at my gym. And that sin dawg looks sooooo yummy.

21 christina September 24, 2009 at 12:56 am

That looks like so much fun! I remember at summer camp I’d have to psych myself up over the high dive each summer, but after that first time it was a blast. Probably what being that high up must be like.

22 Julia September 24, 2009 at 1:40 am

This post made me really miss rock climbing! I did a fair amount of it in high school, and I even got to climb some outdoor routes. I love the rock gyms, but if you ever get the opportunity, you should definitely try climbing outdoors on real rocks! It’s so much more challenging, but so rewarding in the end!

23 talesfromtwocities September 24, 2009 at 6:02 am

We had a rock climbing wall in high school and I loved it! I haven’t been since. In errrr…10 years!

24 Peanut Butter Bliss September 24, 2009 at 7:20 am

you have to be one of the most fit ladies in the world dear meghann!!

that killer bread looks fantastic!

25 lessonstolearn September 24, 2009 at 7:43 am

I’ve gone to a rock gym a couple of times in the past and it was a lot of fun! But scary! You really have to trust that person hanging on to you down below!

26 Susan September 24, 2009 at 7:52 am

I can’t stand the cherry larabar either, so I’m not sure if I’d dig the PB&J. Good advice from Megan though, probably something I should consider more often! :P

27 Katy September 24, 2009 at 8:01 am

Had a blast with you, as always. I’m sure my bosses will try their Photoshop magic on that butt shot of me, too.

Isn’t that Sin Dawg amazing? Lucas and I ate it in less than three days (I won a loaf from the Care to Eat girls) and now I’m harassing Dave on Twitter in hopes he’ll start shipping to FL!

28 Jenna September 24, 2009 at 8:17 am

glad you had a nice night with the girls!
looks like a lot of fun :)
jenna

29 rhodeygirltests September 24, 2009 at 8:18 am

Awesome Meghann! PB was supposed to take me to a rock climbing gym for my birthday (I have been begging him for months) but instead decided to cook me dinner. Now that I see how fun it really is I really really REALLY want to go!

30 Tina September 24, 2009 at 9:15 am

I want a Sin Dawg SOO bad. I just don’t think I can afford the $21 it takes to get one over here :)

and Mojo bars are definitely my favorite. But peanut butter pretzel is the best! It has full peanut butter filled pretzels, peanut butter chips, pretzel sticks, and sooo much texture. yummm

31 Rose September 24, 2009 at 10:15 am

What a fun girls night! I wish my friends were more active…

32 ClubVeg September 24, 2009 at 11:37 am

the pictures came out great, meghann! it was suuuch a blast!

we’re going to have to come up with some more interesting work outs to add to our repertoire… belly dancing…? cliff jumping…? hmmmmmm.

33 Kate September 24, 2009 at 11:54 am

Great job rocking climbing!!! I have tried it a few times — my husband loves to do it. But I was surprised by how SCARED I was up there. And doubted my own strength. Certainly a mental workout, in my opinion!

34 Erin September 24, 2009 at 11:54 am

Very cool! My new gym I just recently joined has a pretty big area dedicated to rock climbing, I def need to try it out!

35 Ali September 24, 2009 at 12:28 pm

That looks like so much fun, and a great/different workout! I wish I had a place like that near me!

I have a PB&Jelly Larabar on it’s way to me from the great people at Larabar, I am curious to see if I like it, I have seen so many mixed reviews.

36 Pam (Highway to Health) September 24, 2009 at 5:02 pm

You always have the most creative workouts that look so fun!! That also looks HIGH. Good job!