more ยป" />

Honey Peanut Butter Carrot Salad

by Meghann on September 23, 2009

This is what happens when I can’t decide what I want for lunch and my imagination goes into over drive.

IMG_2321

Honey Peanut Butter Carrot Salad

• 2 Carrots
  • 1/2 Apple
  • 1/2 cup Edamame
  • 1 T Honey Peanut Butter
  • 1/4 cup Fat Free Milk
  • Rasins
  • Crushed Walnuts

In a small bowl mix blend the peanut butter and milk until you have a pb dressing of sorts. Ser aside and in another bowl grate the carrots and apple. Add the edamame, raisins and walnut, the toss with the pb dressing until fully coated.

IMG_2317

hmmm… this was definitely interesting. I wish I could have let it sit in the fridge for a while to let the flavors sink in a little. It was good, but missing something. Maybe a touch of vinegar? I also think next time I would use almond butter. I realized how much I prefer Almond butter with carrot over peanut butter.

IMG_2315

On the side I had a serving of Kashi Crackers and a spoonful of Spinach Artichoke Hummus.

IMG_2320

I wanted a piece of chocolate after I was done eating, so I dug into my stash and had a Merci Hazelnut Creme.

IMG_2327

Yum!

Mid-morning I snacked on a nut medley.

IMG_2314

I’m counting down the hours until I’m finished with work. I have exciting plans tonight to meet up with some fabulous Orlando Bloggers/ Health Nuts at the local Rock Gym for a little rock climbing. I have ZERP upper body strength so this should be interesting.

1 Kat September 23, 2009 at 2:31 pm

Wow, Meghann. You amaze me with how much energy you always put into your lunches to make them creative and healthy! Looks wonderful.

Rock climbing is really hard for me, too. I feel like I have nooo ability to pull myself up! It’s hard- but have fun!

2 megan @ megzz wins at life September 23, 2009 at 2:36 pm

Great post!! Sometimes when I am throwing things in a bowl I am like what did u just do?? I have no arm strength so I don’t do good with the whole rock climbing things.

3 Morgan September 23, 2009 at 2:39 pm

Have fun! Rock climbing is a blast, and kind of addicting. Just be aware, your nails are going to break when climbing.
Also, a lot of climbing is about using your legs believe it or not! And your core too!

4 Leianna September 23, 2009 at 2:40 pm

Great throw together lunch!
I love rock climbing, they hada wall at my college gym, so much fun!

5 greenbean September 23, 2009 at 2:45 pm

try adding some pineapple juice to the carrot salad!

6 cookinfanatic September 23, 2009 at 2:50 pm

This looks phenomenal – kinda like a grown-up carrot/raisin salad that we all had growing up!! ๐Ÿ™‚

7 brandi September 23, 2009 at 2:52 pm

what a creative idea! so colorful, too.

ooh, have fun climbing! I’m certified in belaying – it’s fun to climb.

8 Sammi September 23, 2009 at 2:57 pm

I just bought the spinach and artichoke hummus and it is AWESOME! ๐Ÿ™‚

Everytime I see you eating carrots and pb it kind of grosses me out.. it seems like something a pregnant woman would put together haha like pickles and icecream?.. but I am intrigued. What does it taste like? I’m weird with carrots..dipping them in hummus grosses me out too.

9 mistifogg September 23, 2009 at 3:03 pm

The other Meghan at MegaNerd told me I had “you” confused with her in reference to the up coming Miracle Miles race…..I thought it was her that Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point was speaking of in reference to the race. She said this will be her 1st year. It is my 2nd, running the 5K……hoping to get a good PR. I told her and also you now “good luck” as well on the 15K. Maybe I will see you guys there. It is such a fun race! =) Laura

10 kirsten September 23, 2009 at 3:10 pm

They have a similar salad at Eat in the UK – it has edamamme, carrot and radish and has a peanut butter red curry dressing- I’ve recreated it at home-delish!

11 thefitbride September 23, 2009 at 3:24 pm

Mmm, hazelnut. That salad looks great!

12 Rose September 23, 2009 at 3:36 pm

This looks amazing. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

13 Maggie September 23, 2009 at 3:46 pm

Spices! Maybe cinnamon or mustard… I bet pineapple would be good too ๐Ÿ™‚

14 Bridget September 23, 2009 at 4:15 pm

Love the combo for lunch! That actually sounds pretty delicious…I think your on to something with the vinegar, like a peanut sauce!? That chocolate sounds amazing.

15 Anne Marie@ New Weigh of Life September 23, 2009 at 4:23 pm

interesting combo you’ve got going there!

16 Faith September 23, 2009 at 4:25 pm

nummy salad—im with the addition of lemon juice and apple cider vinegar :p

rock climbing is actually from the legs, adn your fingers, that’s what you’ll find shaking first :p HAVE FUN! it really gets you in tune with your body, i love it!

17 Erin September 23, 2009 at 4:27 pm

Ugh, all those meals look soo goodddd right now!

I’m so jealous you have all those bloggers around to do fun activities with! Since I love acronyms, I think you should call yourselves the NHOBs! Ha! I gotta find me some Rhode Island bloggers!

18 Nicole September 23, 2009 at 4:33 pm

Just to let you know, girls are naturally better rock climbers than men. You already have an advantage! Men tend to use their arms a lot, and women tend to rely on their legs to get them up the climb which is what you should be doing!! I LOVE rock climbing, trust me on this! Use your legs to push yourself off of a hold instead pulling yourself up with your arms. You will use your arms to steady yourself. Your forearms might be a little smoked tomorrow morning though! Have fun!!

19 Evan Thomas September 23, 2009 at 4:50 pm

Mmm that would taste killer in a ww pita

20 allie September 23, 2009 at 5:00 pm

that salad looks great, and i agree- i am thinking something with a little bite or spice when i make it. thanks for a great idea!

where do you find those chocolates??

21 Matt September 23, 2009 at 5:05 pm

Wow that is a creative lunch!

22 Graze With Me September 23, 2009 at 5:12 pm

I had that exact hazelnut chocolate for dessert last night. It really made me crave some Nutella.

That salad sounds great actually…I agree about AB and carrots. Barney Butter is especially good w/carrot sticks.

23 Nicci@NiftyEats September 23, 2009 at 5:24 pm

Have fun rock climbing, that’s a great looking salad. I may have to try this i have everything but raisins at home.

24 Susan September 23, 2009 at 5:43 pm

Hmm, I think a little rice or cider vinegar would make that amazing!!! And almond butter, it’s so strange how specific nut butters taste best with different foods.

Have fun rock climbing! I have no upper body strength either and always embarrass myself trying to get up the wall ๐Ÿ˜› Just find some big rocks to put your feet on and push up with them.

25 Sarah (LovIN My Tummy) September 23, 2009 at 7:01 pm

Not that you asked for my advice ๐Ÿ˜‰ but I would have added maybe a splash of soy sauce and some lime juice! YUM!

26 Lizzy September 23, 2009 at 7:19 pm

this carrot salad screams amazing! I honestly would never think to put the 2 flavors together! Your so creative! I’ve never tried carrots and peanut butter, but i’m starting to think i should!

27 Jenna September 23, 2009 at 7:20 pm

great lookin lunch! a lil mix of everything sounds good!
hope you have fun tonight! can’t wait to hear all about it!
jenna

28 Molls September 23, 2009 at 8:11 pm

what a pretty carrot salad!!

29 Jessica September 23, 2009 at 8:11 pm

That salad looks so yummy! I gotta try!

30 The Foodie Diaries September 23, 2009 at 8:16 pm

if you like hot sauce, i always add sriracha to my peanut sauces… sooo good! this reminds me of my favorite WF salad bar salad… looks so good!

31 WholeBodyLove September 24, 2009 at 1:28 am

Rock climbing is so fun! I haven’t done it in years. I’m sure we have a studio around here…I need to seek it out!