Morning Work Out with Shape

by Meghann on September 21, 2009

Good morning and welcome to another wonderful week.

I kicked off my Monday morning with a little strength training and tummy toning thanks to a couple of work outs I found in this month’s Shape magazine.

First of all can I just say how killer Jennifer Love Hewitt’s body looks on the cover this month?

I love how she has curves and is toned, but still soft.

Fun Fact: Jennifer Love Hewitt was one of my favorite actresses when I was younger. I used to specifically buy magazines when she was on the cover and was obsessed with I Know What you Did Last Summer and Can’t Hardly Wait because she was the star. I always found her very relatable. I think it was the brown hair and girl next door vibe I appreciated.

Anyways, I was happy to see a work out inside that aided her in achieving those awesome curves.

IMG_2222

I repeated the workout twice before flipping the magazine over and moving on to work out routine #2.

IMG_2221

This one was very ab intense and fun to do.

For breakfast I broke into my other half of my Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffin from yesterday.

IMG_2220

With a chopped Pear and Blueberry Chobani on the side.

IMG_2218

I debated crumbling the muffin on top of the yogurt, but decided it was too good. I wanted to eat it separately and enjoy every little bite.

IMG_2215

Emmys Fashion Police…

What did you guys think of all the hit and misses at last night’s Emmy awards?

Personally, I LOVE Neil Patrick Harris and thought he did a FABULOUS job hosting. Kudos to him. And of course there was some pretty amazing dresses.

Here were my faves…

lively 30203340-30203343-large

30203002-30203006-large 30203356-30203359-large

And my NOT so faves…

090920094342Leighton  090920094341hayden

30202981-30202985-large 30202959-30202962-large

There was definitely a Red, Black and White theme through the night.

1 Rosey Rebecca September 21, 2009 at 9:00 am

I know What You Did last Summer scared me so much when I was younger. Freddie Prinze Jr. used to be my boyfriend so I watched it for him.

2 bananaandchocolate September 21, 2009 at 9:01 am

That muffin looks delicious! I only watched a little bit of the Emmys. I loved the red, black and white.

3 fittipexchange September 21, 2009 at 9:05 am

She is smokin hott! I love how she bounced back from that whole tabloid thing about her being fat! Great celebrity role model!

4 Leanne September 21, 2009 at 9:06 am

I thought Christina Applegate’s dress was gorgeous! The show was really funny this year…

5 mhoward128@gmail.com September 21, 2009 at 9:06 am

Mila Kunis’s dress was actually my favorite. I think she could’ve used a different pair of shoes though. Tina Fey was working it as well.

6 Madelin September 21, 2009 at 9:15 am

I agree Jennifer looks gorgeous on the Shape cover! Heidi and January were my fave Emmy dresses 🙂

7 Morgan September 21, 2009 at 9:16 am

I agree with all of your fashion critiques. Except I didn’t like Blake Lively’s hair!
I adore Neil Patrick Harris and thought he was fantastic. How I Met Your Mother is one of my favorite shows, he’s just so funny!

8 Meg September 21, 2009 at 9:22 am

I think she looks awesome too…curvy, but toned!
I will have to check out those exercises.

I agree with your hits and misses!

9 Haleigh September 21, 2009 at 9:23 am

aaah, I love Kristen Chenoweth! She graduated from the same high school as I did 😉

10 Morgan (lifeafterbagels) September 21, 2009 at 9:25 am

I agree with all your fashion picks – both ways.

11 greensandjeans September 21, 2009 at 9:30 am

I thought Leighton Meister looked terrible! I normally appreciate the risks she takes, but I thought they just made her look old.

12 caitlin September 21, 2009 at 9:39 am

I thought Kourtney Kardashian looked really nice-much better than Kim!

13 Steph September 21, 2009 at 9:45 am

I’ve always liked Jennifer Love Hewitt too…she just seems so real and down to earth.

14 Emily September 21, 2009 at 9:50 am

Love Shape magazine! They always have the best workouts!

As a fellow pumpkin lover, I thought you might be interested in a guest post my fellow intern wrote about making your own pumpkin granola bars:
🙂

15 adrianna September 21, 2009 at 10:01 am

happy to hear about the ‘me’ day…those are the best, and much needed sometimes!

loved the emmys last night, too. blake lively is always a hit, but wtf was up w/ her hair?! her dress was dope, though. love chenowith’s, too, and her speech was hilarious! i thought julia louis-dreyfus’ dress color was beauts.
usually i just stick to the women’s choices bc most of the men look quite similar, but wtf was up w/ john cryer’s cardi under his suit?? love him, but ?!!!

16 Jenna September 21, 2009 at 10:03 am

there was definitely a ton of reds and black dresses!
i loved lindsay price, kate walsh, jennifer love hewitt, toni colette, alicia witt, and kara dioguardi 🙂
jenna

17 Jessica September 21, 2009 at 10:17 am

Her body looks gorgeous, I was thinking the same thing in the grocery store yesterday! 🙂

18 Food Makes Fun Fuel September 21, 2009 at 10:24 am

Jennifer Love Hewitt is amazing in Ghost Whisperer, what a talented actress.

19 verbalriot September 21, 2009 at 10:28 am

Heidi Klum can wear a potato sack and look amazing. Her dress was one of my favorites ones as well!

20 Mandy A September 21, 2009 at 10:33 am

I want my shape magazine!!! My subscription always comes way after it’s out on the stands 🙁

I LOVED Blake and Sandra Oh’s dress!!!

I did NOT care for Kim Kardashian’s at all!

21 Mellissa September 21, 2009 at 10:39 am

I love “me” days! I do agree she looks great on the cover of Shape.

22 Anne Marie@ New Weigh of Life September 21, 2009 at 11:49 am

I love Jennifer Love Hewitt. She’s great!

23 Angharad (Eating for England) September 21, 2009 at 11:55 am

Did you perchance love Party of Five as well?! I loved that show (I am 90% sure she was in it…right?!)
Pumpkin cheesecakes muffins look to die for!
Completely agree with your not-so-much choices. Weird.

24 Therese September 21, 2009 at 11:57 am

Kate Bosworth looks gorgeous, but scary skinny!! Like she is going to die any second! Dang…

That muffin looks amazing. Anything with cream cheese in the middle and I’m sold!

25 Gloria September 21, 2009 at 12:04 pm

Actually Jennifer Love Hewitt’s dress was my favorite! I think she’s so beautiful too. Can’t wait for my Shape mag to come in the mail.

26 Julie September 21, 2009 at 12:20 pm

I loved Julia Louis-Dreyfus’s dress. The color was so pretty. I wasn’t a fan of Blakes dress…call me old-fashioned but it was…slutty. Hayden kind of looked like an old woman!

27 Chloe September 21, 2009 at 12:27 pm

I love Jennifer Love Hewitt. She seems so down to earth and nice.

The emmy’s were great, but I didn’t like Blake Lively’s dress. She looked great, but I thought it was a little too trampy with the slit and the plunging neckline. One or the other honey!

28 Kristin September 21, 2009 at 12:35 pm

I love working out with a magazine- mixing it up is great!

xo
K

29 jojo September 21, 2009 at 12:35 pm

Going out to buy that issue of Shape today! Excited to see Tina and my abs could use a killer workout!

30 allijag September 21, 2009 at 12:38 pm

you are killing me with that pumpkin cheesecake muffin – now all im craving is my grandma’s pumpkin roll! 🙂

31 Tay September 21, 2009 at 12:44 pm

I definitely agree with those faves!! Beauitful 🙂 Also, one lady came out onto stage (don’t remember who it was) in a black sparkly, one shouldered dress. But the one shoulder was massive – had some huge shoulder pad in it. Definitely NOT a fan of that one!!

I don’t get Shape but I’ll have to check it out in the bookstore. Might be worth buying! I love Jennifer!!

32 Lauren September 21, 2009 at 1:10 pm

I agree with your fashion police pics! I also loved Kate Walsh and Julia Louise Dreyfus! I can’t believe Tina is in this months shape. Very cool!

33 Susan September 21, 2009 at 1:37 pm

I like the Emmy’s too! I liked how they divided everything up into genres. Of course, I also love anything Neil Patrick Harris is involved in 😉

I have to check out that issue of Shape to see Tina – so exciting!!

34 sarahdbelle September 21, 2009 at 3:04 pm

Jennifer Love Hewitt looks simply gorgeous. I got my Shape over the weekend and stared at the cover for a second. I think she looks a bit like Caitlin. What do you think? Any facial resemblance?
Sarah

35 Niki September 21, 2009 at 9:50 pm

I was also obsessed with Jennifer Love Hewitt. Remember her on Party of Five and the spin-off, Time Of Your Life??

36 Ann-Margaret September 21, 2009 at 11:10 pm

Let me just say that I am married to a wonderful MAN, but I have always had a girl crush on Jennifer Love Hewitt! I think it stems from her early “work” on “Kids Incorporated!”

37 Niki September 22, 2009 at 6:56 am

OH! You’re my new favorite blogger fyi