Rest Day Friday

by Meghann on September 18, 2009

God bless Friday rest days!

When I created my marathon training schedule I put a lot of thought into my strategically placed rest days. Since I am running 5 days a week, that leaves two blissful days of rest. I opted for Monday and Friday as rest days; give or take a couple of weeks that fall on holidays of course. πŸ˜‰

I plan to stick with my active rest day philosophy with some strength training, yoga and low intensity bike riding and elliptical work on Mondays and Fridays.

Today was all about the yoga. I turned to ExerciseTV and found a 30 minute Yoga video that was right up my ally. It had a lot of downward dogs and lunges that felt great in stretching my legs. I finished my session with 10 minutes of ab work.

Cereal was on the menu for breakfast.

IMG_2050

• 1/3 cup Kashi Go Lean Crunch
  • 1/3 cup Annie’s Coco & Vanilla Bunnies
  • 1/3 cup TJ’s Strawberry Yogurt O’s
  • 1/2 a Peach
  • Raspberries
  • Plain Oikos

IMG_2049

I forgot how much I enjoy Kashi Go Lean Crunch. This was the first time I purchased it in who knows how long, but it truly is one of my fave cereals.

I guess it’s time to get back to work. Yay for Fridays!!

1 Haleigh September 18, 2009 at 9:38 am

I haven’t tried the yoga on ExerciseTV.. is it legitimate? like yogadownload? Some yoga videos are horrible.

Your cereal bowls are always loaded with fresh, colorful fruit, looks delicious!

2 Steph September 18, 2009 at 9:43 am

Go Lean Crunch is the best!

3 JHunt September 18, 2009 at 9:43 am

Your breakfast looks delicious. Fridays are the best, but I think thursdays are great too – you always have the anticipation of fridays! πŸ™‚
-Jessica @ http://howsweet.wordpress.com/

4 Leianna September 18, 2009 at 9:52 am

It’s a rest day for me too, my legs are just aching for rest!
I always love your cereal/yogurt bowls, so fresh!

5 Lizzy September 18, 2009 at 9:52 am

TGIF!!!! my rest days are on friday’s as well, but sometimes my hectic schedule gets the best of me and i end up having to run on friday’s because i let other days become my “rest” days. but way to incorporate some yoga today!

6 Shannon September 18, 2009 at 9:57 am

I recently discovered the wonderfulness that is Kashi Go Lean Crunch. It reminds me of Honey Smacks (ya know, the cereal with the green frog on the front) :). Your bowl looks awesome!

7 MegaNerd September 18, 2009 at 10:17 am

LOL… I ate the same breakfast as you!!

8 Food Makes Fun Fuel September 18, 2009 at 10:20 am

Happy friday! That fruit bowl looks great. I love making my own fruit bowls and thinking about how much au bon pain or starbucks charges for the same thing

9 fittipexchange September 18, 2009 at 10:27 am

I love yoga on rest days…or trampoline jumping πŸ˜‰

10 Stephanie September 18, 2009 at 10:32 am

I LOVE kashi go lean crunch! Mondays and Fridays are my rest days too! The first and last days of the week are always the hardest to get started on anyways!

11 Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) September 18, 2009 at 10:53 am

Yay for Friday!

12 Courtney September 18, 2009 at 10:54 am

I don’t know what it is about your blog, Meghann, but I can come here, after hitting up my other fave blogs, looking for some kind of solace or connection or inspiration, and there is just something relaxing and serene about your posts. I sound like a lunatic, I know, but if all the other blogs in the world disappeared, and just your survived …. πŸ˜‰

Thanks.

Love from a blog stalker,
Courtney

13 Kat September 18, 2009 at 11:09 am

My breakfast looked a lot like yours- except with cottage cheese instead of yogurt. I love light, fruit filled breakies!

14 ohsnapitsMegan September 18, 2009 at 11:19 am

I love Kashi everything. Good choice.

*How can I get started doing yoga? After an intense workout day I feel super tight. I try to stretch, but I don’t know many… do you have any tips or recommendations?*

15 brandi September 18, 2009 at 11:46 am

i still haven’t tried that cereal, but it’s my free sample choice so I hope I get it soon!

Enjoy your Friday!

16 Susan September 18, 2009 at 12:01 pm

I’ve been doing active rest days lately too and they’ve really been working for me! I sometimes get a little “blah” when I do absolutely nothing all day. Of course, with that said, sometimes I get mega lazy and just spend my rest day cuddled up on the couch πŸ™‚

17 biz319 September 18, 2009 at 12:05 pm

My favorite way to eat Go Lean Crunch? When I get to the bottom of the bag, peel a banana, stick it in the fridge for 10 minutes, then spread with peanut butter and roll in Kashi Go Lean Crunch – YUM!!!

Happy Rest Day! πŸ˜€

18 Kristin September 18, 2009 at 1:07 pm

My favorite cereal is Go Lean Crunch too! Goes perfectly with greek yogurt + fruit =)

xo
K

19 Dawn (HealthySDLiving) September 18, 2009 at 1:10 pm

Yay Friday! πŸ™‚
I love rest days and also try to still stay active on them as well!
Love OnDemand Yoga!

20 Jenna September 18, 2009 at 1:24 pm

breaky looks delish! i love the raspberries in it πŸ™‚
jenna