A Tour of my Work Space

by Meghann on September 16, 2009

Welcome to my cubicle.

IMG_1930

It’s a mess, but honestly it’s always a mess. This is where I spend 8 hours of my day, so I might as well make it like home, right?

Within my eye sight I hung up a few photos so when ever I need to smile I can quickly glance up and remember the good times behind each of the photos.

IMG_1933

On the other wall I have Caitlin’s Orlando Sentinel article posted to remind me I am beautiful, as well as my personalized calendar.

The last of my personal touches hug the corner.  Go Noles!

IMG_1932

Below is my very important filing cabinet – this one is filled with fun stuff, the other one is filled with papers… boring! ;)

IMG_1936

Inside you will find my collection of morning tea.

IMG_1929

Currently I am rocking the Tazo Awake Tea, Trader Joe’s Peppermint Tea and 2 generic English Breakfast Teas. I like variety.

Above that is my snack drawer.

IMG_1928

I tend to bring in a couple of snacks each day. Sometimes I don’t eat them so it builds up in the drawer until I forget to bring a snack or feel like something different then I brought.

Some things are emergency staples, such as this bag of almonds.

IMG_1925

Which just happened to make their way into my mouth while taking pictures.

IMG_1926

Almonds are the world’s perfect snack. They are packed with protein and fiber and a little bit always goes a long way in filling me up.

I hope you enjoyed the tour of my cubicle! It’s small & quaint, but it does the job. Or I should say it allows me to do my job.

I was on a roll in the kitchen last night. Not only did I bake fabulous cookies – which were a huge hit today! – and make a great dinner, but I also prepped my lunch and dinner for today as well!

It helps that both were easy, peasy!

I simply heated up some left over Butternut Squash on the stove top with some Onion, Fresh Basil, Garlic, Red Pepper Flakes and the last of this box of Thai Coconut Curry Broth.

IMG_1937

After quick whirl in my handy dandy food processor – RIP Hand Blender! – I had instant Coconut Curry Butternut Squash Soup.

IMG_1945

I topped the soup with some last of my Corn from last night and a little Feta Cheese.

IMG_1949

On the side a Pumpkin Biscuit with a little butter.

IMG_1942

I swear I feel like I have a never ending container of pumpkin biscuits!

IMG_1941

I have plans tonight to meet up with a few local bloggers and readers for a class at a new trampoline gym in town. I know trampoline gym, crazy, right? Unfortunately the class just happens to fall during my usual dinner time. With that in mind I am very thankful to have tonight’s dinner all ready to go when I arrive home after 8:00. I know I will be starving and want to eat anything insight. Planning ahead is key in my mind for keeping my munching and appetite under control. :)

1 foodieinthecity September 16, 2009 at 2:15 pm

My cube is complete mayhem. I feel like I have paper flying everywhere. You should be proud, you cube looks spotless compared to mine! I too have a snack drawer :)

I remember you talking about going to the trampoline class this past weekend. I can’t wait to hear about it, it sounds like so much fun! Hope you have a blast!

2 Lindsey (Mrs. LC) September 16, 2009 at 2:15 pm

I just did a tour on my blog, too. :) Home tour, but tour none the less. :)

Have fun tonight! (And be safe – I had a friend break his leg at Rebounderz – not sure if that’s the same place you’re going).

3 Vicki September 16, 2009 at 2:16 pm

Very cute cubicle. I try to make mine as comfy as possible as well. Where is it you work/what do you do? p.s. your cookies look amazing!

4 brandi September 16, 2009 at 2:17 pm

trampoline gym? how fun!

5 Beth @ DiningAndDishing September 16, 2009 at 2:17 pm

I love the idea of a snack drawer! I try to always keep something in my desk in case of a hunger emergency but having a variety is a great plan! That way I would always have what I’m in the mood for and not run out every so often. I think I’ll start stocking up!

6 Courtney September 16, 2009 at 2:20 pm

You’re cube is pretty minimal – good for getting work done! :D I knew a girl that had all this crazy crap in there, it’s was intense. Like lamps and plants, and photos and a CARPET. Yeah, like a throw rug. Too intense.

7 megzzwinsatlife September 16, 2009 at 2:21 pm

Loved the tour of your cube!! I am interested to hear about the trampline gym!

8 jentrinque September 16, 2009 at 2:22 pm

Ugh, the cubicle. I have been lucky to mostly work in inns where there were no cubicles or, now, from home. But I certainly remember my grey cubicle and office experiences. I love all the positive reminders and pictures you have up around your cubicle, though!

9 Whit September 16, 2009 at 2:23 pm

Trampoline gym sounds fab! Your cubicle is WAAAAAY more organized than my office. I have so much stuff piled about I don’t know which way is up.

10 mags September 16, 2009 at 2:27 pm

hey meghann… when you make baked goods like the pumpkin biscuits, how do you store them?

11 runnerskitchen September 16, 2009 at 2:30 pm

Your cookies looked amazing! I think I’m going to bake them tonight :-) Love the snack drawer – I have one of those too!

12 Ally September 16, 2009 at 2:31 pm

im dyinggg to make those pumpkin biscuits! they look amazing!

13 Samantha September 16, 2009 at 3:01 pm

I love how creative you were in whipping up that soup, it looks amazing!!! I always plan ahead. If I don’t, it is way to easy for me to rationalize a trip to a fast food restaurant.

14 Leianna September 16, 2009 at 3:01 pm

That lunch looks amazing,and almonds are definetely the perfect snack!
Trapoline gym, crazy awesome!

15 Mellissa September 16, 2009 at 3:08 pm

Wait… are you in my cube?? I think every cube in corporate America looks the same. I have a snack drawer and a tea drawer as well.

16 cookinfanatic September 16, 2009 at 3:25 pm

Where did you get that coconut curry broth OMG I think I just fell in love?!?!?!? That recipe looks fantastic too :) Yummy!

17 Julie September 16, 2009 at 3:27 pm

Hey we have the same cube and set up! Except my cube walls are shorter, about shoulder height and the walls and desk are a hard-to-explain kind of pale pale pale pink color.

18 foodcents September 16, 2009 at 3:42 pm

The trampoline gyms are fun, just let yourself go and be a kid, but be safe too:)

19 Jen (Running With Cake) September 16, 2009 at 3:50 pm

Hey – your office looks just like mine! I don’t like being in a cubicle. No privacy for blogging!

20 caitlin September 16, 2009 at 3:51 pm

aww. abbers. i miss her all the time!! i was thinking about her last night.

i love the newspaper article.

21 caitlin September 16, 2009 at 3:52 pm

also, you ARE bringing me cookies on friday morning, right?

22 Lauren September 16, 2009 at 3:53 pm

I know I asked you about the edamame yesterday, but I saw this on your blog a while ago and forgot to ask..where do you get your thai coconut curry. I love anything with coconut in it so this sounded so intriguing! Keep up the combination’s!

23 Liz September 16, 2009 at 4:13 pm

Thanks for the tour! That’s a really good idea to let leftover snacks build up in your drawer like that. Very snazzy!

24 Danielle September 16, 2009 at 4:18 pm

It’s always fun to see what other people’s workspaces look like :) What type of work do you do?

25 Erin September 16, 2009 at 4:21 pm

I love the personalized calender! Where can I get one of those made?

26 Nicci@NiftyEats September 16, 2009 at 4:27 pm

Great work space. I love having a snack drawer in my office, just in case I need one during the day.

27 Lizzy September 16, 2009 at 4:36 pm

your cube is so cute! i love all your personal touches. i think thats key to any work space! gotta make it your own!

hope you have a great class tonight, thats gotta be fun meeting up with local bloggies! :)

28 Niki September 16, 2009 at 4:49 pm

Trampoline gym?!? Sounds awesome! Can’t wait to hear all about that!!

29 Susan September 16, 2009 at 4:56 pm

Thanks for the tour :) I love seeing where bloggers spend their time, helps with all the visualization business ;) I have a shared desk, so I’m actually kinda jealous of your personalized cubicle!

Ahh! Trampoline gym sounds awesome!! Trampolines are one of my most favourite things ever. Have a great time and don’t get hurt!

30 inmytummy September 16, 2009 at 4:57 pm

If you want to see a messy desk, I’ll have to take a picture of mine and post it. It puts yours to shame!

31 Leslie September 16, 2009 at 5:06 pm

I just did an apartment tour on my blog too! I love getting a sneak peak of where everyone lives and works and plays! so fun!

32 angieinatlanta September 16, 2009 at 5:22 pm

Seriously, snack drawers are a total must! I just keep a box of Kashi bars in my drawer for emergencies and it’s saved my life a few times!

Yum…I love soup; it’s raining outside right now and soup sounds comforting and warming!

33 kris10maile September 16, 2009 at 5:25 pm

I agree. Snacks at work are a must! My favorites are trail mix, granola, fresh and dried fruit, and Kashi crackers. Oh, and the occasional bag of cookies. ;-)

34 Steph September 16, 2009 at 5:30 pm

Your lunch looks so healthy and delicious! Planning really helps me to stay on track too

35 ksgoodeats September 16, 2009 at 5:35 pm

Love the tour! Those pumpkin biscuits look so good – I’d love a never ending supply of those!

36 Kathleen September 16, 2009 at 5:46 pm

I have never tried cold oats but feel like I should! The breakfast cookies look amazing! I was brought up on Cream of Wheat and I still need to get used to the lumps and clumps in oatmeal :O

37 Mackenzie September 16, 2009 at 6:10 pm

Hey Meghann,

I really, really appreciated your birth control comments on Mrs.LC’s website. I am hoping that you might be willing to share with us, your readers, a bit more about your training-induced amenhorrea. Was that/is that condition scary to you? Do you worry about future fertility? What did your doctor say about it? Did he ever say that you should try to see if it comes back naturally in the future?

I’m in the boat you were in before you starting contraceptives again (the ring in your case), so I’m wondering how/if to proceed? As always, I know your advice does not take the place of a medical professional’s and everyone is different, blah blah :)

I’m commenting this instead of an email, because I think that although the number of your readers interested in ammenhorrea may be small percentage wise, the demographic of your readership are is such and so many of the readers are very into exercising/running/etc. that we’d all greatfly benefit from an extended post on this topic.
thanks

38 Kristin September 16, 2009 at 6:39 pm

Is that jean jacket from the Gap? I swear I have the exact same one- I wore it today!!

I like the personal touches to your cubicle! I’m sure it makes it much more nice to be in =)

That soup looks FAB! I need to try those broths.

Have fun at the trampoline gym!

xo
K

39 Jenna September 16, 2009 at 6:50 pm

thanks for the tour of the cubicle! real cute! love how you have a snack drawer! have fun at trampoline class!
jenna

40 Maggie September 16, 2009 at 6:57 pm

I love the cubicle tour :) And your soup looks delicious. Butternut + corn – how could you go wrong??

41 Krista September 16, 2009 at 8:00 pm

Thanks for the tour. I love the photo of Abby you have at your desk. In my work space I have all the kid’s sports trader cards to remind myself why I sit there 35 hrs a week! That and they make me smile. I also have a snack drawer in a file cabinet with much the same treats as yourself. I dig Stash tea and cocoa roasted almonds!

42 Matt September 16, 2009 at 8:03 pm

Thanks for the tour!

43 kristi (sweet cheeks) September 16, 2009 at 8:37 pm

love the cubicle pics! And I totally agree; LOVE almonds for a snack…perfection!

44 maris September 16, 2009 at 9:17 pm

Your work space is not unlike mine :) What do you do? I have the same Awake tea in my drawer but sadly, no snacks!

45 JHunt September 16, 2009 at 9:36 pm

I love how you have personalized your work space. What a fun way to work. :)
-Jessica @ http://howsweet.wordpress.com/

46 Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) September 17, 2009 at 9:50 am

I love your tea stash! And a snack drawer?! So awesome. I need to make better use of my desk drawers at work, haha.

Tazo Awake is one of my favorites too! And I totally agree about almonds :)

I have got to find that Thai Coconut Curry, that sounds delicous.

Have a great day!