more ยป" />

Worth the Wait

by Meghann on September 13, 2009

I would like to officially declare Universal’s new Hollywood Rip Ride It Roller Coaster the best roller coaster I have ever ridden!

Yay for finally making it on the ride!

We were honestly scared it was not going to happen again today. When we arrived at Universal there were big scary clouds in the sky and it was slightly drizzling. We got in line and at one point it did start to pour and we heard the speaker system announce the ride would be ‘temporarily shut down due to incoming weather.’

However, no one left the line and we moved along. Eventually the rained stopped and exactly 60 minutes after we got in li ne we arrived at the ride.

All I can say is if you are ever in the area, then come to Universal and ride this coaster. You start out literally on you back at a 90 degree incline. The rest of the coaster has amazing drops, twist and turn that had me screaming the entire time.

The best part was watching the DVD of yourself after the ride is over. Too bad it was $29.95, otherwise I would have been happy to take a copy home. You can see in the video my hairband coming off in the beginning and my hand catching it before it flew away.

After the coaster we headed to the Outlet Malls for a little shopping. It was already 12:30 and lunch was still a couple of hours off, so I had this Amazing Grass Green Superfood Bar to keep hunger at bar while we shopped.

I picked up a few ‘must haves’ from Old Navy, while Derek bought his first official running shirt.

You only need to run a race in a cotton T once to understand just how valuable a dry wicking t really is. ๐Ÿ™‚

The new shirt will come in handy as Derek starts to train for our next adventure… Disney’s Race for the Taste 10k next month!!! I can’t wait!!

When we made it back to the apartment I whipped up great quick lunch for myself.

Almond Butter & Peach sandwich on an Arnold’s Thin

Blueberry Chobani with some Almond Granola

And a few Fries I stole from Derek’s left overs.

Derek enjoyed another quarter of last night’s insane burger.

He still had another quarter of the burger waiting for him for dinner tonight. He’s very proud to get three meals out of that masterpiece. ๐Ÿ™‚

The rest of the afternoon was spent like this.

With a lazy dog sprawled on my lap.

This is the life.

At one point I did do a little grocery shopping and came home with this new fun vegetable to try.

Introducing the Daikon Radish.

After a quick google search I found this recipe for Radish ad Carrot Salad. I followed the instructions, but bulked it up with some Tempeh, Kale, Cantaloupe, Feta Cheese, and Tomato to make the salad a complete meal.

This came out great! I was a little scared when I tried the Daikon Radish while I was prepping the salad and found it to be very bitter. However, after it soaked in the dressing for an hour, it was perfect.

I would highly suggest this for anyone looking to try a fun new vegetable. It was a great cold summer meal. ๐Ÿ™‚

For dessert I was happy to finally find the elusive Edy’s Tart Honey Yogurt at my local Publix. I have been on the look out for this stuff for months now!

I had a small serving with a few Dark Chocolate Covered Edamame on top.

It was very tart, I will give it that, but I wasn’t expecting it to be so creamy. I think next time I will try it with some fresh berries of some sort. It definitely needed some berries.

Another weekend is almost officially over. Back to the real world tomorrow and counting down the days until the next weekend comes out way. ๐Ÿ™‚

1 caitlin September 13, 2009 at 8:56 pm

yay i told derek he needed a real runners shirt ๐Ÿ™‚ awesome!

2 Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) September 13, 2009 at 9:18 pm

How cool that he’s going to continue running with you! That’s awesome, you must be pretty motivating!

3 megzzwinsatlife September 13, 2009 at 9:23 pm

I can’t wait to try the new ride.. I LOVE FUN RIDES.. I will be in Orlando in March and Universal is defiantly on our agenda.. I think it is so great that Derek is getting more into running, I am trying (very hardly) to get my bf to run a 5K with me.. hehe.. Football on sundays is the best!

4 Errign September 13, 2009 at 9:25 pm

I hate how long the following week feels after a four day week! Total bummer!

That coaster looks so fun!

5 angieinatlanta September 13, 2009 at 9:25 pm

You and Derek are the CUTEST! I love that pic of your legs!

Your eats look wonderful, as usual!

6 Matt September 13, 2009 at 9:26 pm

Sounds like a fun coaster! Have a good week!

7 Rosey Rebecca September 13, 2009 at 9:35 pm

I love that you can go to Universal for just a portion of your day and then do other things. If I want to go to Six Flags near me, it takes a whole day!

8 Evan Thomas September 13, 2009 at 9:36 pm

30 dollars for the dvd? You have to wonder who buys that

9 Jenna September 13, 2009 at 9:36 pm

that ride looks super fun and i can’t wait to ride it next time i go to universal and the harry potter ride is supposed to be coming out soon!
that peach and pb sandwich is such a great idea.
i love how you always find different foods to taste, you are so brave.
and btw that edy’s yogurt looks delish, i have never seen it before! i love how they always have the greatest flavors ๐Ÿ™‚
jenna

10 Britt September 13, 2009 at 9:39 pm

that sounds like a crazy roller coaster, eeks!

looks like it was a great Sunday. ๐Ÿ™‚

11 lauren (athlEAT) September 13, 2009 at 9:41 pm

that ice cream looks awesome! i am going to have to search for that. And I am definitely going to copy your almond butter/peach sandwich. great idea.

12 LindsayK September 13, 2009 at 9:44 pm

What a nice way to spend your sunday ๐Ÿ™‚ I was wondering if you’d consider writing a post about your running gear you love, specifically what “bottoms” you like – I’m looking into getting some new running skirts and am wondering what brands are best to avoid chaffing, etc. I loved your post on sports bras, and would love to hear more about the gear you use while running – from socks to how you carry water on your long runs! thanks!

13 Amelia September 13, 2009 at 9:45 pm

Oooo love the almond butter and peach sandwiches! Such a good combo! ๐Ÿ™‚

14 Lizzy September 13, 2009 at 9:46 pm

what a fun looking day! ๐Ÿ™‚ glad you had such a great time!!!!!!

15 biz319 September 13, 2009 at 9:59 pm

Love the pup pics!

Great football watching too! ๐Ÿ˜€

So sad tomorrow is Monday already!

16 [email protected] September 13, 2009 at 10:11 pm

I’m thinking the dame thing right now…Time to start counting down the week till Saturday. I’m looking forward to riding the rides at the Texas State Fair coming next month!!

17 [email protected] September 13, 2009 at 10:13 pm

I’m thinking the same thing, can’t wait to count down till next weekend. Texas State Fair will be here and I love the rides!

18 Melissa S. September 13, 2009 at 10:15 pm

Hey, try making sushi again and pickle the daikon radish in some vinegar and I think something else……stick it in the roll w/ the other veggies and omg you will die and go to heaven. Seriously makes for the best sushi addition.

Miss you! Great job on the race this weekend too!

19 Steph September 13, 2009 at 10:36 pm

Glad you had fun on the rollercoaster! I almost bought that ice cream the other day and changed my mind….definitely going to get it next time. Have a great night!

20 Ali September 13, 2009 at 10:43 pm

i’m lovin’ your peach and AB sammie..mm! I love fruit in sandwiches, hehe

21 Leianna September 13, 2009 at 10:58 pm

Yay for getting Derek to continue running with you. My hubby ran track in hs and ran a 5K with me in May, but won’t continue on regularly!
Peach and almond butter sandwich looks amazing!

22 bobbi September 13, 2009 at 11:16 pm

haha that is what Hubby looked like all day in front of the TV, I would have been watching it too but I wasnt ready to be home!!!

I need to try that ice-cream, holy YUM!!!!

Have a happy Monday Beautiful!

23 Morgan (lifeafterbagels) September 13, 2009 at 11:19 pm

Is Derek going to be eating that burger until Wednesday?!?!

24 Meg C. September 13, 2009 at 11:26 pm

ooo that roller coaster sounds awesome!! love rollercoasters.

25 Kaye September 14, 2009 at 12:38 am

Daikon is fantastic in soup. Especially simple, brothy ones. It gets really soft, but holds its shape!

26 WholeBodyLove September 14, 2009 at 1:17 am

I could use a new vegetable in my life. I tend to stick to about 5 regulars and they are getting a lil boring!

27 Marissa September 14, 2009 at 1:34 am

His burger is like the meal that never ends, LOL!

28 The Voracious Vegan September 14, 2009 at 4:00 am

Your whole post was awesome (peach sandwich? fabulous!) but I have to comment on those dark chocolate covered edamame….WOW! What an amazing idea!

29 Amy September 14, 2009 at 6:39 am

Daikon is really popular here in Okinawa – it’s in everything. It looks ike you guys had the perfect Sunday. I did a lot of football watching too, but it was college ball since it was still Saturday in the states. ๐Ÿ™‚

30 Katrina (gluten free gidget) September 14, 2009 at 8:17 am

Shut up with that peanut butter and peach combo! That sounds freakin awesome!

31 Sarah September 14, 2009 at 10:01 am

that burger was amazingly ginorous! i want to go to that restaurant and try one. yum!

32 Lauren September 14, 2009 at 12:29 pm

Meghann,
Where do you get your chocolate covered edamame? they always look like a great treat, and I have no idea where to find them! That Edy’s looks good too. I’ll have to keep an eye out for that!

33 Kristin September 14, 2009 at 1:12 pm

Sounds like you had a fun day!!

xo
K

34 Kate September 14, 2009 at 1:37 pm

Peach and nut butter sammie — YUM. I love that combo, but I’ve never tried it between two pieces of bread.

Good job trying the daikon radish! I’ve gotten some similar looking veggies in my CSA deliveries this summer. Maybe that’s what they were? I recently tried jicama in a grain salad, and it was the same sort of thing (tasted bitter when raw, but once it soaked in EVOO and lemon juice and honey, it tasted nice and fresh).

35 Susan September 14, 2009 at 5:30 pm

“You only need to run a race in a cotton T once to understand just how valuable a dry wicking t really is.”

Truer words haven’t been spoken!! ๐Ÿ˜› Just catching up, yay on finally going on the ride!! I’m one of those people who get sick on roller coasters, so it is nowhere in my future ๐Ÿ˜›