Out for Lunch

by Meghann on September 11, 2009

One year later and the good food just keeps on coming. Thanks for all the Blogiversary Wishes. 😉

My breakfast was great, but it was missing my favorite morning staple: fruit. I promptly corrected this problem by enjoying a Kiwi as my mid-morning snack.

IMG_1617

For a little guy, Kiwis are a really filling fruit. Maybe its the fibrous chewy exterior that fills my stomach so?

Today I did something I can not even remember the last time I did it…..

I went out to eat for lunch!

I know.. shocker!

I have a new co-worker that just started last week and whom I wanted to properly introduce myself to. I have found the best way to get to know new co-workers is in a casual lunch setting so I invited her to a ‘healthy’ fast food place that I have been wanting to try for a while.

IMG_1618

The Green Day Cafe has a very simple motto – “Fast Food.. The Healthy Way.’ There are no burgers or fries on this menu, just fresh salad, wraps, soups and the occasional treat.

IMG_1619

Everyone in my office always raves about The Green Day Cafe so I knew it would be a winner. There were a few items on the menu I would happily ordered, but in the end I selected the Hummus & Veggie Wrap.

IMG_1620

The Hummus & Veggie Wrap was filled with Hummus, Spring Mix, Tomato, Red Onions, & Cucumber.

IMG_1622

I think I tasted some Balsamic Vinigarette in there too. Normally I would not be happy with the random addition, but it really was great at adding to the overall flavor of the wrap. It was very tasty.

The wrap came with some Terra Chips

IMG_1624

These were actually pretty good.

IMG_1625

and a Pickle.

IMG_1621

All in all it was a great lunch with great company. 🙂

• This Place is Now a Home – I may not be looking to start a family anytime soon, but Kate and her husband Benjamin are and they’re blogging about it . Kate and Benjamin are two health minded, active, well rounded individuals in their late 20s, in good health and have comfortable jobs that they love. Having a baby should be a walk in the park for these two, but unfortunately life does not always work out that way. After months of trying Kate discovered her ovaries were not ovulating on their own. Recently the couple said good bye to care free old fashion baby making and hello to fertility clinics, fancy drugs and hormone injecting foreplay. With a He Said/ She Said format this blog has a lot of real emotion to it that has you rooting for them every step of the way. Plus. I had the pleasure of meeting Kate in person at the Healthy Living Summit and I have to say she is just as awesome in real life as she is in the blog.
  • Here’s a hot topic to follow this week. Lindsay at Life According to Mrs. LC wrote a very personal in depth post on Birth Control and her personal experiences with it. I really suggest you check the entry out, as well as some of the amazing comments posted below it. There’s even a little cameo made by yours truly in the post.
1 Jenna September 11, 2009 at 1:49 pm

you have such cool healthy places to eat at in florida! you are so lucky! that is why i love traveling to florida 🙂

jenna

2 Lindsey (Mrs. LC) September 11, 2009 at 1:49 pm

Thanks for the shout out – it’s been SO interesting to see some of the comments coming in! 🙂

3 Matt September 11, 2009 at 2:08 pm

Going out to lunch is a great way to make new friends. Good choice on the veggie wrap!

4 Mellissa September 11, 2009 at 2:10 pm

I love that idea of healthy fast food place, I wish there was one here!

5 brandi September 11, 2009 at 2:11 pm

that little cafe looks great! what a fun way to get to know a new coworker.

happy friday!

6 runnerskitchen September 11, 2009 at 2:12 pm

Mmm, that hummus wrap looks so creamy and delicious! I just found jalapeno hummus – perfect if you like spicy 🙂

Do your co-workers know about your blog? Some of mine do, but I always feel a little self-conscious photographing snacks and lunch!

7 ksgoodeats September 11, 2009 at 2:12 pm

Happy Blogiversary!! That restaurant looks like a great find 🙂

8 Steph September 11, 2009 at 2:20 pm

Happy Blogiversary! The wrap looks yummy. Thanks for the link on birth control…I’m going to go read it!

9 Meg September 11, 2009 at 2:21 pm

Happy Blogiversary! What a cool place to eat!

10 Sara September 11, 2009 at 2:45 pm

What a great little restaurant! I love Terra chips and that wrap looks great.

11 Lizzy September 11, 2009 at 3:10 pm

I love the concept to that restaurant! Is it a chain? The wrap looks amazing and so simple! 🙂

I think getting to know new co-workers is such a fun thing to do. Never have to many friends, or work friends right? Hope your having a great day!

12 sarah September 11, 2009 at 3:17 pm

interesting, meghann, i had the exact same BC/period problems as you. I never had a problem getting my period without birth control, but then i started running and stopped getting it within a matter of months (and we’re talking about when i first started running, so my weekly mileage only ever topped out around 15-20 miles. i was shocked by the fact that i was diagnosed with ammenorhea, i also thought it was only for elite athletes running 50+ miles a week, or teeny tiny gymnasts! i had to start taking yaz because the gyn told me that running + lack of period could lead to losing LOTS of bone density, but i still thought the whole situation was so bizarre. guess everyone’s bodies react differently to running!

13 foodieinthecity September 11, 2009 at 5:39 pm

I love those Terra chips! I wish there were more of those healthy fast food places in my downtown area.

A group of us were actually talking about how good a classic dill pickle is today, LOL. One of the guys was like ‘They are so good, you don’t even need dessert’. All the girls turned to him and looked at him like he was crazy 🙂

Have a wonderful evening!

14 Morgan (lifeafterbagels) September 11, 2009 at 5:59 pm

As always – thank you for the blog shout outs. I love finding new people and stories!

15 Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) September 11, 2009 at 6:19 pm

thanks for the follow friday! Love it!

And I lvoe Terra Chips too. Oddly enough, I can never find them out here!

16 Ada September 11, 2009 at 6:30 pm

Happy blogiversary!!! The birth control post was truly fascinating. I had the same exact experience as you where I had ammenorrhea and had to take birth control. It wasn’t the most pleasent of experiences.

17 Julia September 11, 2009 at 6:45 pm

Happy Blogiversary!
That lunch looked so delicious!
Thanks for sharing those posts, I’m curious to ready Mrs. LC’s!