more ยป" />

Busy in the Kitchen

by Meghann on September 10, 2009

Yum!

Have I caught your attention? Good. ๐Ÿ˜‰

This evening has been a busy one in the Graduate Meghann kitchen. I feel like I have been going non-stop between the cleaning, cooking, prepping and baking this is the first chance I’ve had to sit back and chill out on my couch. It feels nice.

This evening I ended up working on the later side. There have been some big projects going on at work which have been fun to wrap my hands around. Unfortunately this pushes dinner time back, so it’s a good thing I had this personal size baggie of TJ’s Trail mix to hold me over.

I knew I wanted pizza for dinner and I also knew I had a frozen Kashi Pizza that had been in my freezer for way too long.

The reason why this Kashi Pizza has been in my freezer so long is because honestly it’s a little boring. The toppings are sparce and the serving size is not very filling. I decided to fix this dilemma by bulking it up with my own toppings.

Before:

After:

I added

• Brussels Sprouts
  • Jalapenos
  • Tomatoes
  • Onion
  • Left over Soy Sausage

I basically took a dull pizza and transformed it into something filling and delicious.

I had 1/2 the Kashi pizza for dinner and loved it.

With the pizza I made a Massage Kale Salad with Tomatoes.

It was a complete, satisfying dinner. ๐Ÿ™‚

Earlier today I was drooling over Angela’s latest creation of Vegan Peanut Butter and Jam Glo Bites. After a quick survey of the short ingredient list and simple instructions, I knew this was something I could handle. After a dinner I got straight to work.

First was the crust:

Then the nutty filling.

The only change I made to the recipe was using almond butter instead of peanut butter.

Finally the strawberry jam to top it all off.

These might not be as pretty as the ones in Angela’s pictures, but OMG they were amazing!!!

I HIGHLY recommend testing this recipe out yourself. If I can do it, then anyone can do it.

I had two right out of the oven for dessert.

A-MA-ZING!

Thanks for the great recipe Angela!

Unfortuantely, my time in the kitchen is not quite over yet. The dishes are patiently waiting for me in the sink. At least I had a few moments of rest.

Good night!

1 Jessica September 10, 2009 at 9:19 pm

I’ve been reading your blog for a while now. I have never left a comment but I really love your blog, it’s on my daily reading list!! Anyway, those bites look amazing! I also had the same pizza for dinner haha!

2 Matt September 10, 2009 at 9:24 pm

Mmm good looking dessert! That pizza looks good too!

3 VeggieGirl September 10, 2009 at 9:27 pm

Can I get a ‘HOLY YUM’ shout??? Awesome kitchen creations ๐Ÿ˜€

4 Nicci@NiftyEats September 10, 2009 at 9:35 pm

muffins look great Meghann! Way to take a pizza from boring to exciting.

5 foodieinthecity September 10, 2009 at 9:44 pm

I saw this recipe today and added it the the list of ‘must try’. This weekend I am making cake balls, but maybe these will be next weekend. Have you ever head of cake balls?

I also love adding my own toppings to frozen pizza. You need to jazz them up some way!

Have a great evening!

6 Evan Thomas September 10, 2009 at 9:47 pm

Yum

7 Rosey Rebecca September 10, 2009 at 9:48 pm

I love how you added toppings to the kashi pizza! Have you ever tried Amy’s pizzas? They’re so good!! I’ll have to check out those glow bites!

8 Morgan (lifeafterbagels) September 10, 2009 at 9:50 pm

whoa Meghann, are you the most motivated person in the world or what! . . . I have been drooling over Angela’s creations for ages, but the only one I’ve actually made was a 90 second microwave apple crisp

9 Ali September 10, 2009 at 9:52 pm

Those look great! I had pizza and salad for dinner too! I feel like we have had identical dinners before. Funny!

10 angieinatlanta September 10, 2009 at 9:58 pm

I love that Kashi pizza, although I add jalapenos and banana peppers to it for a little kick!

And those “bite” look incredible. I guess I need to suck it up and get brave in the kitchen because i don’t think I can stand drooling over them another minute!

11 Lizzy September 10, 2009 at 9:58 pm

Wow way to jazz up that salad!!!! you made it look so pretty and colorful, and of course delish! I bet you the brussels were amazing on it! ๐Ÿ™‚

What are your favorite easy bake mini muffins, something that you can eat on the go for breakfast?

12 jocelyneatsfresh September 10, 2009 at 10:01 pm

Those look really yummy and do sound simple! I’m going to try making them next week when my boyfriend is visiting ๐Ÿ˜‰

13 wnk505 September 10, 2009 at 10:02 pm

I add my own toppings to things all the time it makes the food so much better. I always find that cooking from home and using your own ingredients to specialize a product always makes its taste better and leaves you satisfied.

I had to comment about those tasty pb bites. I wish I could eat one right now. I am going to make them tom. for sure. It looks amazing I hope you enjoy.

14 Jenna September 10, 2009 at 10:09 pm

you totally rocked adding toppings!
those desserts look scrumptious ๐Ÿ™‚

15 rhodeygirltests September 10, 2009 at 10:33 pm

wow those bites look seriously amazing. I am going to check out Angela’s recipe now- thanks for blogging about the easiness because I am a horrible baker and wouldn’t have even considered making these if u hadn’t mentioned it!

16 Jenn Eats Nutritiously Now September 10, 2009 at 10:34 pm

Mmmm I’m jealous of those muffins. Perhaps I’m bake some up this weekend…

17 Courtney September 10, 2009 at 10:34 pm

These look so yummy! I might try something a little different, like fresh berries popped in there and baked!

18 Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) September 10, 2009 at 10:37 pm

looks delicious!

19 rhodeygirltests September 10, 2009 at 10:40 pm

also.

this is so crazy but….

PB and I met one of the owners (owners’ sons?) of Agrohealth, which is part of the same company as Atlas Olive Oils, on our honeymoon. It seems SO insane to me that you reviewed the olive oil from the family company that some random guy we met was telling us about on his (and our) honeymoon. The world is SO insanely small!!!!

20 Melissa S. September 10, 2009 at 10:43 pm

omg, can you like, send me a care package? i don’t know what i’d send you back…there’s a gatorfest this weekend in the nearest town…maybe i can find you something there. ๐Ÿ˜‰ haha

and love the additional pizza toppings. i totally need to come back to FL just so you can feed me.

21 Lindsay September 10, 2009 at 11:07 pm

Looks great, and the fact that it is easy makes it a great weeknight baked good! I’ll have to try that sometime soon!

22 Sheri September 10, 2009 at 11:08 pm

Ok..now I have to try them! I saw those today too on Angela’s site…they look so good! I think it will be a weekend project.

Your pizza looked way better after adding all those veggies I like to do that to pre-made pizza’s too! So good.

23 Deirdre September 10, 2009 at 11:43 pm

You’re always saying you’re not a baker and look at you! Between those amazing Bites and the cupcakes you made for Anthony’s bday I think you are def a fabulous baker.

24 WholeBodyLove September 10, 2009 at 11:58 pm

Those look too good! I would have to practice some major self-control around those lil gems.

25 Hallie September 11, 2009 at 12:04 am

We do that all the time with frozen pizza! It’s really the best way to go. Fresh herbs are key if you have them…we love cilantro, but basil is amazing too, obviously. Yum!

26 Leianna September 11, 2009 at 12:53 am

Those dessert cup treats look amazing, saw them on Angela’s blog to and need to make them soon!

27 Kristin September 11, 2009 at 7:12 am

Wow, those look amazing! I definitely will try those =)

28 Whit September 11, 2009 at 8:31 am

Those look AWESOME! I was drooling over them myself yesterday.

29 Amy September 11, 2009 at 8:33 am

Your pizza looked really yummy– I don’t think there’s anything better than fresh veggies to spruce up a “traditional” forzen pizza. –And those muffins look wonderful! I have it on my “to do list” to try them asap!

30 Susan September 11, 2009 at 10:28 am

What are you talking about Meghann, those bites are bee-yoo-tiful!! I’m drooling all over my keyboard ๐Ÿ˜›

31 Danielle September 11, 2009 at 12:49 pm

Congratulations and happy “birthday” to your blog. I just started reading it recently, and have completely identified with you and truly enjoy catching up every day. I wish I lived nearer–it would be great to meet all of you (Caitlin as well!)

32 Tay September 11, 2009 at 2:55 pm

I completely agree about that pizza. I always add my own toppings to them. Unforutnately I have 2 that I need to use up in my freezer as well! And I’m SO going to make those tarts soon. They look delicious!!