Google Calendar Rocks

by Meghann on September 9, 2009

I am officially in love/ obsessed with Google Calendar!

Thanks to Angela’s online tutorial on google calendar I have a whole new lease on life. Everything sort of clicked and I thought to myself ‘why aren’t I taking advantage of this?’

I was able to upload my running schedule and sync the calendar with my Outlook Calendar at work.

Celndar

This thing rocks! Now let’s see if helps me stay organized. One day I will need to go abut organizing my g-mail account, but one thing at a time. Kath should really give a tutorial on that *Hint*Hint* 😉

Besides organizing my calendar, work has been pretty busy. I did manage to find time to snack on some Dried Apricots.

IMG_1509

I loved these little samples from the Healthy Living Summit and am genuinely sad that, that was my last one.

I spent the majority of my lunch break babying Miss Maddie. Looks like surgery brought her back to square one with potty training. Will the training ever end?

I ended up just throwing a bunch of left overs on my plate and heating it up.

IMG_1511

I had my No Noodle Lasagna from Thursday night.

IMG_1512

Leftover Name from last night.

IMG_1515

And some Taboule from Costco, that I’ve just about managed to polish off in a matter of a week and a half.

IMG_1516

I have speed training and a few errands to look forward to after work. I am loving the fact that it’s already Wednesday. Hooray for short weeks!

By the way Happy 09/09/09!!!!

1 Ali September 9, 2009 at 2:14 pm

Maybe she is just not doing well with the training because she isn’t feel great. That happened with my dog when he was a puppy when he had surgery and then once he was better, it all clicked again. Fingers crossed.

I love taboule, but I feel like it goes bad so fast, I never eat it all before fuzzy things start growing on it 🙁

2 Lizzy September 9, 2009 at 2:22 pm

Google calender looks awesome! good job organizing! I have a calender on my Mac, but i wonder if i should convert! hmmm ponder?

Poor maddie, i hope she bounces back real soon 🙂

3 kirsten September 9, 2009 at 2:24 pm

Glad to see the no noodle lasagna held up for a few days, I made a similar dish monday and am worried about finishing it!

4 Haleigh September 9, 2009 at 2:27 pm

I am thinking that I am going to have to give the google calendar a shot!

Leftovers make an easy yet tasty lunch. A goal of mine is to eat more of my leftovers.. I throw them out way too often.

5 foodieinthecity September 9, 2009 at 2:27 pm

I need to hit up the Google calendar! Maybe something to do at work this afternoon… hehe

I love leftovers, but I’m not always the best at eating them all up before they go bad. Nice work 🙂

6 brandi September 9, 2009 at 2:34 pm

i have google calendar for work, but haven’t started using one for just my stuff yet.

7 eatolive September 9, 2009 at 2:40 pm

i seriously loove your use of leftovers…you inspire me to wanna cook & use leftovers for lunch more often!! 🙂

i also love google calendar 🙂 oh the wonders of the web!

8 Carolyn September 9, 2009 at 2:51 pm

I have the GPhone so I have my google calendar synced to it. But, I didn’t know I could sync it with my Outlook calendar at work. Thanks!

9 bananaandchocolate September 9, 2009 at 2:54 pm

Hopefully potty training will get better once she’s feeling better. When my dogs aren’t feeling well they always “forget” all of their training.

10 Nicci@NiftyEats September 9, 2009 at 3:06 pm

I’ve been layig around with my calendar for a week …all organized now!

11 Elsa September 9, 2009 at 3:27 pm

I really should look into google calendar but I just can’t part with my paper planner!

Don’t worry about the training (as frustrating as it can be). With our dog whenever we thought he mastered it he would take two steps back. But eventually it all clicked! It felt like one day he was sitting in his crate and thought “all the big dogs are doing it, so should I” and wa-la he was trained. 😉

12 Susan September 9, 2009 at 3:32 pm

I just started using Google Calendar a few weeks ago and LOVE it!! I swear, it helped me stay sane while trying to move apartments :\

13 Morgan (lifeafterbagels) September 9, 2009 at 3:39 pm

I second the hint hint 😉 to Kath on the gmail tutorial

I have one rule for my calender though – NO WORK items . . . I put my work schedule up, but nothing else (no meetings, no events, no deadlines) . . . On my home calendar you can find my social activities, my bf’s, my school schedule / due dates, birthdays, etc.

14 CJ September 9, 2009 at 5:56 pm

so cute that derek has his own colour on your calendar!

Maddie is the most adorable thing ever…almost makes me wish I could trade in my jack russell for another puppy….almost!

– CJ

15 Kath September 9, 2009 at 6:17 pm

Another one bites the dust!!!

I’ll work on a Gmail tutorial maybe this weekend…

16 Melissa S. September 9, 2009 at 6:33 pm

ahhh….just saw morning post for maddie…she’ll be ok soon!

and love the google calander…i think i’ll try that for organizing for my 1/2 marathon training! whooohoo!

17 Jenna September 9, 2009 at 7:15 pm

i first saw kath use the google calendar and it looks great! hope it works for yaa 😉

jenna

18 Mackenzie September 9, 2009 at 7:36 pm

Hello!
You mentioned you did some exercistv vids this morning, could you please tell us which ones? I’m always on the lookout for a new (free) workout and I’d like to know your recommendations! I don’t have tv, but sometimes I access execerisetv through their website, but it is a bit more limited then on demand. I really like cindy whitmarsh’s stuff. She has one called the six pack ab calorie burn, and I usually do that one five times in a row with 8 pound weights, and call it an hour’s worth of core, though it clocks in a few minutes short..
anyway, thanks, great eats as per us, congrats on the blogversary, and maddie is a dog model, end of story

19 Whitney September 9, 2009 at 8:00 pm

Ahh! You’ve got to share the secret for syncing your outlook & google calendar! Next step–syncing it all to the blackberry!

20 Nellie September 9, 2009 at 8:33 pm

girl, your days look busy! but at least you have gcal to get through it!

poor maddie, she’ll adjust, don’t worry!

lunch still looks amazing, even if it’s just leftovers!

21 angieinatlanta September 9, 2009 at 8:45 pm

Good Lordy, you are one busy girl! But seriously, I am at the point where I NEED Google calendar or I will lose my mind!

22 Jenn (eating bender) September 9, 2009 at 9:09 pm

I really need to use Google Calendar! I’m pretty sure it would be quite colorful – I don’t know if that’s good or bad 😉

Love leftovers – I really want to try that “Name” – it’s so intriguing.

Hurray for 09-09-09!! And for it being Wednesday!!!

23 Sarah September 10, 2009 at 11:11 am

I was just wondering how you manage to copy & paste your Google Cal into your blog? I have tried screen shots and stuff but it doesn’t work. Tips?

PS Maddie is simply adorable! Poor thing having to recover but she’ll be right as rain in no time!

S