Maddie Goes Under the Knife

by Meghann on September 8, 2009

As I type this Maddie is currently being prepped to go under the knife. That’s right, my little pup is being spayed this morning. Poor thing probably had no idea what was coming. I feel bad for having to put her through this, but it’s for the best in the end.

I now get to play the fun role of Mommy and idlly sit by my phone for the call that everything went smoothly and I can take my baby home. Playing the waiting game is no fun at all.

I was really thankful this morning that Derek was able to drop Maddie off at the vet so that I could get my morning run in. I ran a comfortable 5 miles. It was a very relaxing run that allowed me to rewind my mind after another great vacation.

While I was cleaning my kitchen last night I decided to go ahead and prep my breakfast this morning. After my shower I had a nice bowl of Muesli waiting for me in the fridge.

IMG_1449

There wasn’t much Oikos left so I went ahead and just used the container as the bowl.

It had:

• 1/2 cup dry Hot Multi Grain Cereal
  • 1/3 cup Plain Oikos
  • Soy Milk
  • 1/2 tablespoon Chia Seeds
  • 1/2 tablespoon Ground Flax
  • Shredded Coconut
  • Crushed Walnuts
  • Raisins
  • Blueberries

IMG_1451

Yum!

Once in the office I was greeted by a very sexy delivery man who had brought my new favorite Starbucks drink to perk me up on this Tuesday morning… Ok… so I begged him to stop on his way out of town to grab me Starbucks, but really what’s the difference? 😉

IMG_1452

Derek had delivered a Non-Fat Awake Tea Latte with 2 pumps of Pumpkin Spice. Perfect. I had written the drink instructions on a post it this morning and Derek said he simply handed the post it to the barista. 🙂

IMG_1453

Alright time to get back to work. Everyone cross your fingers for a smooth surgery for little Maddie. 🙂 Let’s hope the post- operation phone call is nothing but good news.

1 Sarah September 8, 2009 at 9:20 am

what a sweet boyfriend! nothing starts a week like a good drink from the ‘bucks. i love the pumpkin spice flavor, so fall-ish.

2 caitlin September 8, 2009 at 9:22 am

maddie will be fine 🙂

can derek talk to kristien about starbucks runs?

3 Derek September 8, 2009 at 11:58 am

FSU lost.

Translation: No…but at least you’ll get taken care of this week. 😉

however, get him to do the 5k this weekend with Anthony and I and I’ll have a chit chat with him about starbucks deliveries

4 amanda @ fake ginger September 8, 2009 at 9:22 am

Aww, poor Maddie. 🙁

5 Morgan September 8, 2009 at 9:23 am

Such a good boyfriend! Maddie will be fine, it really is for the best! The day Rufio went under the knife I was a nervous wreck all day. He was so pathetic once he came home. He’s got his paws crossed for Maddie’s quick recovery!

6 Claudia September 8, 2009 at 9:24 am

I had a question for you – I’m just starting work up again and as well as finishing up my undergrad. As most of my classes/activities are in the evening, I’ve had to move my evening runs to the morning. Since you usually run in the mornings I wonder if you have any tips for running in the dark? I got up this morning for a run but it was still dark out so I chickened out and stayed in the house. I don’t want this to happen everyday so I’m wondering if you can offer any advice? How do you stay safe in the dark?

7 Meghann September 8, 2009 at 11:07 am

Hi Claudia,

Yes running in the dark is scary, which is why I really keep safety in mind while running. I know the area very well, I run with pepper spray, I listed to my Ipod on low and am always aware of my surroundings. I also make sure to wear light or reflective clothing. it also helps that the sun rises half way through my run.

Good luck!

8 fittipexchange September 8, 2009 at 9:25 am

That’s so sweet!

I was on pins and needles when my puppy got neutered…It didn’t help that my bf was angry at me, saying I was stripping Sam of his manhood, lol. I’m sure Maddie will be fine, though 🙂

9 allsheis September 8, 2009 at 9:25 am

That is so cute he brought it to you! 🙂 I have to beg my fiance to even stop at Starbucks when I’m in the car with him. Haha.

I’ll be thinking of Maddie this morning!

10 VeggieGirl September 8, 2009 at 9:26 am

Good luck to Maddie with the spaying!

11 emielli September 8, 2009 at 9:40 am

Good luck with the spaying! I need to take my kitty to get neutured soon, but I`m trying to wait until I know that I can be home for a few days in a row and baby him.

12 Anne P September 8, 2009 at 9:43 am

damn, can i get some starbucks delivery!?

i need to try that drink, i LOVE the pumpkin spice latte and look forward to it every year but hardly ever drink coffee b/c it makes me feel sick, so i think that’s the perfect compromise! tea is the best 🙂

13 brandi September 8, 2009 at 10:08 am

i hope everything goes well with Maddie! How sweet of him to bring you the tea 🙂

14 Pam September 8, 2009 at 10:10 am

That drink combo sounds so good! I wish I could get it delivered.

Hope everything goes well with the pup!

15 lifeafterbagels September 8, 2009 at 10:11 am

hmmm I find your new drink invention quite interesting. I may just try it. But the only thing is – I can’t give in to the pumpkin yet, I need to ease my way into fall, I’m thinking a week maybe and I can warm up to the idea.

Good luck with the doggie!

16 Susan September 8, 2009 at 10:14 am

Hmm…I think I may have to go to Starbucks and order a “Meghann.” 😉

Clossing fingers and toes for Maddie this morning!

17 Mia September 8, 2009 at 10:19 am

Awww…how sweet. You two make such a cute couple. 🙂 Your vacation looked like fun too!

At least Maddie is getting spayed at the vets office. Our local shelter would not let us leave with our Chihuahua/ Jack Russel unless he had the procedure at the shelter. Unfortunately he still has problems to this day (4 years later). 🙁

18 dee (the apple hill adventurer) September 8, 2009 at 10:21 am

gotta love plan ahead bfasts! i try to get mine ready for me the night before every night because i have to wake up so dang early everyday

19 Valerie September 8, 2009 at 10:25 am

Haha! I used to be a barista and I had people do the exact same thing with the post-its! I’m sure all will go well with Maddie, she seems like a trooper!

20 Kristen @ Simply Savor September 8, 2009 at 10:27 am

what a great boyfriend! i love your starbucks order, i definitely want to try it next time i go. i think i’m going to hand the barista a post-it note next time too bc my drink orders are always so long and complicated 🙂 and i’m sure maddie will be great!

21 Erica September 8, 2009 at 10:33 am

Good luck little Maddie! I’m sure it will go smooth as anything (although I totally worried through the whole thing when Frank had it done too!). D is so sweet! I love that he bought you some bucks- what a guy! And just the way you like it too! Hope you have a nice day Meghann

22 Lindsay @ bananaandchocolate September 8, 2009 at 10:36 am

Good luck Maddie! I’m sure everything will be fine! My mom’s pup got spayed last week. The hardest part for her was not being able to play for a few days afterwards.

23 Nicci@NiftyEats September 8, 2009 at 10:41 am

I do hope everything goes well with Maddie today!

24 Britt September 8, 2009 at 10:48 am

Hope all goes smoothly for Maddie today.

Man I wish I could get my hubby to deliver me stuff! Enjoy!

25 biz319 September 8, 2009 at 12:07 pm

I am sure Maddie will be just fine – totally routine! 😀

Sorry about the traffic – that sucks!

26 Mica September 8, 2009 at 12:08 pm

My fingers are crossed that the surgery goes smoothly!

27 Kristin September 8, 2009 at 12:11 pm

What a guy! Your bfast + starbucks treat look divine =)

I hope Maddie’s surgery goes well!

xo
K

28 Mellissa September 8, 2009 at 12:20 pm

I am thinking about Maddie today, seeing her pictures make me smile since I want a dog so bad and we are just not home enough to have one.

29 Lauren September 8, 2009 at 12:28 pm

Aw, good luck to Maddie! Everything will go fine, but I know how you feel. It is always nerve-wracking when your pet undergoes any sort of vetrinary procedure, common or not. I’m thinking of her!

30 Ryan @ Greens for Good September 8, 2009 at 12:34 pm

Maddie will do wonderful!! You have nothing to worry about and you’re doing a great thing by having her spayed 🙂

You’re a lucky girl to have Starbucks hand-delivered!

31 Angharad (Eating for England) September 8, 2009 at 12:34 pm

I need a sexy delivery man to bring me coffee at work! Genius!

32 Andrea September 8, 2009 at 12:47 pm

Ok, I might be lame but when can Derek move closer to you? He’s such a nice guy! You guys are too cute together.

33 Jenna September 8, 2009 at 1:12 pm

you two are such a cute couple!

34 Tay September 8, 2009 at 2:09 pm

Awww what a nice boyfriend 🙂

35 Rosey Rebecca September 8, 2009 at 2:52 pm

I have to try your starbucks trick! I love the pumpkin spice latte but I’ve never tried an awake tea latte

36 Ali September 8, 2009 at 3:28 pm

I really want to try that! I am obsessed with pumpkin spice lattes so I bet I will like that! I will have to try it at some point! I have to get my dog neutered soon. I feel so bad too, but it will be for the best!

37 angieinatlanta September 8, 2009 at 5:05 pm

Poor Maddie! Hope everything goes well!

And man, Derek is a keeper!

38 Jenn Eats Nutritiously Now September 8, 2009 at 6:10 pm

I hope everything went well with little Maddie!!!

39 Jeri September 9, 2009 at 1:14 pm

I totally do the same thing w/my SB drink order, only I text it to my boyf so he can read it verbatim to the barista. Ha. No mistaes that way. 🙂