more ยป" />

Summer Salad

by Meghann on August 29, 2009

I present to you my Saturday evening.

Does anyone else watch Greek? It’s highly addictive show on ABC Family. Even though I was never greek myself the show still makes me reminiscence of my college days. ๐Ÿ™‚

I ended up staying at my parent’s for dinner. No one was very inspired to cook anything so I threw out the idea of a summer salad. While my Dad cooked up the shrimp on the stove top, I chopped the fruit and veggies.

My salad included

• Red Leaf Lettuce
  • Jicama
  • Yellow Tomato
  • Peach
  • Strawberries
  • Red Onion
  • Mushrooms
  • Shrimp
  • With a drizzle of Raspberry Vinaigrette

The fruit & shrimp combo was very tasty. This meal was just what I needed to end my day with.

I’m going to call it an early night tonight. Tomorrow I have big plans to meet Megan and Kelly for a 10 mile run at 6:30am tomorrow! Wish us luck!

1 Brandi August 29, 2009 at 9:26 pm

looks like you’ve had a fun weekend! glad the hurricanes out there haven’t made the weather too bad yet.

i love nights in like this ๐Ÿ™‚ we’re having one too!

easy dinner, ice cream, movies.

2 foodieinthecity August 29, 2009 at 9:31 pm

I am doing the same thing as you. I’m glad you decided to stay put, I was just reading you lunch post and was going to tell you to continue to lounge ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m spoiled with having a wonderful family as well. There is nothing better!

That carrot cake cupcake looked heavenly, especially with the ocean in the background. I’m having some food envy goin’ on!

3 angieinatlanta August 29, 2009 at 9:36 pm

I’m having a Saturday night in, too! Just substitute DVRed shows in place of Greek!

4 Evan Thomas August 29, 2009 at 9:41 pm

Good luck on the 10! I love Greek, except I feel like it’s throwing off my expectations of college. haha, I’ll find out in a week I guess

5 Lizzy August 29, 2009 at 9:48 pm

OMG meghann i’m addicted to the show GREEK the new season starts this week i think! hahahah! so so so excited! ๐Ÿ™‚

your summer salad looks amazing!

6 Mandy A August 29, 2009 at 9:49 pm

awesome salad!! Looks so good!

7 Run Sarah August 29, 2009 at 9:52 pm

I’ve never seen Greek, but I am a sucker for college-age based shows ๐Ÿ™‚ Good luck tomorrow!

8 Susan August 29, 2009 at 9:56 pm

looooove Greek! The new season starts Monday!

9 Leianna August 29, 2009 at 9:59 pm

whata nice way to round out the weekend, dinner at the parents and a run in the am! Good luck!

10 Niki August 29, 2009 at 10:37 pm

I watch Greek too! It’s so addicting!

11 Tay August 29, 2009 at 10:38 pm

Ahhh OMG I looooove Greek. I think it is beyond hilarious. Good luck tomorrow morning!!

12 Simone August 29, 2009 at 11:04 pm

GOOD LUCK! Megan had been so nervous about the big double digit run, but I can’t wait to hear how it all goes. I’m sure it will go by in a flash with all the chit chat amongst the 3 of you! ๐Ÿ˜‰

13 postcollegecook August 29, 2009 at 11:20 pm

Greek is so my guilty pleasure!! And in many ways it is very accurate to how Greek life is. And yesss – new season starts on Monday!

14 Jenna August 29, 2009 at 11:51 pm

that salad looks divine!
good luck on your run tomorrow!

jenna

15 Deva (Voracious Vorilee) August 30, 2009 at 12:04 am

Your dinner looks so refreshing for a warm summer day! I hope your run goes well tomorrow, I’ve been working on building my mileage back up ๐Ÿ™‚

16 Jenn Eats Nutritiously Now August 30, 2009 at 1:03 am

I’m craving shrimp now! Looks so good.

17 Jenn (eating bender) August 30, 2009 at 1:30 am

I love Saturday evenings with DVDs ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ve seen a couple episodes of Greek and it is definitely a fun show! I never went Greek during my time at school, either – but it’s always interesting/addicting to watch shows like that one and see all the “drama” – Gossip Girl, anyone?

Summer salad with shrimp is SO good! I swear you could put shrimp on almost anything (except perhaps ice cream…) and it would taste 10x better.

Good luck on the run tomorrow!

18 Susan August 30, 2009 at 6:52 am

I LOVE Greek! I got into it last season. When is it coming back on? Feels like it’s been forever!

Have fun on your run this morning!

19 caitsplate August 30, 2009 at 9:10 am

HAHA! That was pretty much my exact Saturday night only I had a veggie burger salad and watched Everwood!

20 biz319 August 30, 2009 at 10:21 am

Never heard of that show. It was a movie night for me and Hannah – we rented The Soloist and it was quite possibly the worst movie we had ever seen and 45 minutes later, just turned it off!

By now I am sure you are done with your run – hope it was a good one!

21 megzzwinsatlife August 30, 2009 at 10:03 pm

LOVE GREEK!!

Meghann.. how do you feel about Netflix’s?? I am considering joining but I am a little nervous!

22 lilveggiepatch August 31, 2009 at 10:56 am

OOOH! I haven’t seen Season- er, “Chapter”- three yet!