more ยป" />

I'm Spoiled

by Meghann on August 29, 2009

I’m spoiled for many, many reasons and I never take one for granted

I’m spoiled because I live so close to a beautiful beach.

I’m spoiled because I have a great family who loves to spend as much time together as possible.

And who don’t mind making public spectacles of themselves. (We’re trying to get a jumping shot in these photos)

Lastly I’m spoiled to have a Dad who keeps my Sister and I in mind when he runs to Publix to buy sandwich fixins for the beach. Hello Veggies! ๐Ÿ™‚

My Twin Bro and his friend Steven made an impromtu trip to my parent’s last night to watch the shuttle launch. Steven is from California and has never seen a shuttle launch! I guess I’m also spoiled for growing up right by the cape and seeing for launches then I could ever remember. I’ve also been woken up to my house shaking from the shuttle launches in the past as well.

Even though they made the trip from Miami for the weekend, they both had the beach on their minds for today. They both attend med school in Miami and according to Steven they are not allowed outside ever (sarcastic tone there).

Kelly and Anthony made the trip to my parents house and my little brother made a rare family appearance as well – he’s still going through the teenage anti-family phase. The 8 of us loaded up the car and headed out to our favorite hometown beach. On the way I had an Honest Tea.

This wasn’t my favorite. I think just a tad sweet was still too sweet for me.

At the beach we were pleasantly surprised to see some great waves. Even though Hurricane Danny is way off our coast, he still has an effect on the rough waters.

For the first time in the while I swam out in the waves and played with the big boys. I forgot how tiring fighting the waves are. It really is a great way to get in a work out and still have fun at the same time.

Playing in the waves also build up an appetite. I scarfed down my pre-made wrap of Spicy Turkey, Red Leaf Lettuce, Zucchini, Yellow Squash, Sprouts and Honey Mustard.

I followed the wrap with a left over Carrot Cake Cupcake.

This was the highlight of my day. ๐Ÿ™‚

There was lots of sun bathing, body surfing and chit chatting at the beach. My little Bro even showed off his skim board skills.

Have you ever skim board before? I always get to scared to jump on the board in fear of falling on my booty!

The finale of the beach trip was the fresh watermelon my Dad carved for everyone.

Watermelon + the Beach = Two Peas in a Pod!

After the beach I had a Superfood Odewella Bar.

I’m now being a lazy bum at my parents with no clue what to for the rest of the night. To go home or remain a bum? hmmm… tough question.

1 Julia August 29, 2009 at 6:05 pm

I love lazy weekends, mine has been the same way!
It’s so neat that you are your family are so close and get to spend time together! And that your dad is so thoughtful when he makes grocery trips!
Have a great rest of the day and weekend!

2 runeatrepeat August 29, 2009 at 6:05 pm

Those cupcakes totally look like the highlight of the day ๐Ÿ™‚ I want one!

3 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) August 29, 2009 at 6:08 pm

That’s how I felt working at Hilton Head this summer….just a short walk from the beach! I definitely took it for granted because I would give anything to be by the waves right now!

4 Shannon, The Healthy Beach Bum August 29, 2009 at 6:09 pm

Lovin the beach treats mmm ๐Ÿ™‚ esp that cupcake holy moly girly! I miss the beachhhh, soak up some rays for me ๐Ÿ˜‰

5 angieinatlanta August 29, 2009 at 6:15 pm

Wow, your family’s so close! I love it!

I’ve always wanted to have a closer relationship with my family; I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a bit jealous of you!

And I’m a lot bit jealous of that cupcake!

6 Bridget August 29, 2009 at 6:42 pm

Oh my goodness I am so envious of your day!! It’s cold and rainy up here ๐Ÿ™ I miss the beach! Love family days, and your food looks so good…esp that cupcake!

7 Colleen August 29, 2009 at 6:43 pm

I tried skim boarding about 7 years ago and I broke my ankle the second time I jumped on it! I DO NOT recommend skim boarding if you are accident-prone like I am! ๐Ÿ™‚

And I STILL have problems with that darn ankle!

8 Simone August 29, 2009 at 6:50 pm

You are very lucky to have the great family that you have. My Dad has been staying with me for the week in my tiny apartment, and well, let’s just say it ain’t the jolly times you and your family had today :/

As for tonight, enjoy whatever option you choose. Personally I vote for being a bum but then again, I also have been going non-stop today and sitting + doing nothing would = a very ๐Ÿ™‚ me!

9 Tammy Eros August 29, 2009 at 6:59 pm

Looks so fun! I really like the Odwalla bars, my fav is the chocolate one!

10 Rosey Rebecca August 29, 2009 at 7:23 pm

OO Jealous! I love the beach!

11 Run Sarah August 29, 2009 at 7:33 pm

Your family looks SO fun, I love the Florida beach – I am so jealous!

12 Chloe (Naturally Frugal) August 29, 2009 at 7:37 pm

That’s amazing that you get to see shuttle launches. Living in the Seattle area I think we’re a little too far away for that view, but I know my boyfriend would love it.

Looks like a wonderful time at the beach, there is nothing I enjoy more than frolicking in the waves, body surfing, and taking in the salt water. Skim boarding would be fun, but I would definitely need to wear a one piece!

13 Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) August 29, 2009 at 7:40 pm

I am very jealous of your beach proximity ๐Ÿ˜‰ I have a friend who lives in Florida and hates it and it makes me want to slap him because I am land locked here in KY, haha.

Glad you had a great day with the family. I say stay a bum ๐Ÿ˜‰

14 Susan August 29, 2009 at 7:48 pm

Your family is too cute for words!!

15 Leianna August 29, 2009 at 8:19 pm

Love your family photo, looks like it must have been fun growing up! Watermelon and great wraps, sounds like a great lunch at the beach!

16 Meredith August 29, 2009 at 8:49 pm

My cousin goes to UM’s med school too. I never see her! So much studying!

17 Pam August 29, 2009 at 9:19 pm

Looks like a great day with the fam! What a beautiful beach!

18 Niki August 29, 2009 at 10:27 pm

Very envious of your day! I was stuck studying all day:( But at least I layed out for a while, while I was studying!!

19 Jenna August 29, 2009 at 11:53 pm

your so lucky you got to spend the day at the beach. me on the other hand was freezing up here on the east coast due to hurricane dannyyyy ๐Ÿ™

20 lessonstolearn August 30, 2009 at 7:00 am

What a great thing to spend so much quality time with you family. You live in a spectacular spot! I grew up on Cape Cod, and feel equally lucky to have had summers on the beach and the boat!

21 Andrea [bella eats] August 30, 2009 at 8:11 am

Aw, I miss the beach! And being close to family. You’re a lucky girl! ๐Ÿ™‚

22 Robin August 30, 2009 at 2:10 pm

You are spoiled and I am jealous. What an amazing day with your family and in such a beautiful place. That is a vacation day for me that I get to only see once a year.

23 Lorin May 3, 2010 at 9:43 pm