Why Hello Friday, It’s Nice to Meet You Again

by Meghann on August 28, 2009

It’s Friday!!! Woo hooo!!!! πŸ™‚

I have lots to do today, but at least it should be interesting.

My Friday started off right with an early 4.4 mile run. Again this morning was another route – I try to change it up as much as I can for safety reasons – and again I hit another bus stop. I swear these kids are everywhere. I don’t remember running by any bus stops ever last year, school has to be on a different schedule now. I guess I just have to get used to running by bands of high schoolers no matter which route I take.

I returned from my run hot, sweaty and gross. Luckily, I had the perfect breakfast in mind to cool me down.

IMG_0826

A refreshing cantaloupe half stuffed with Granola and Pomegranate Chobani.

IMG_0828

This breakfast is guarantee to cool you down on any hot summer morning. πŸ™‚

For the first weekend in who knows how long I have zero plans for Saturday and Sunday. It feels so strange! I get bored easily at home by myself, so I am hoping it won’t stay that way very long.

Anything exciting happening where you’re at?

1 RuntoFinish August 28, 2009 at 8:44 am

ohh i love the no plan weekends, I find i get lots of stuff done that has been on my list…I read and catch up with friends who I wouldn’t have otherwise

2 Marina August 28, 2009 at 8:44 am

your breakfast looks amazing! I am soo craving cantaloupe now!
Tomorrow is my boyfriends brother getting married, so that’s pretty big, although it will be a small small wedding πŸ™‚

3 Britt August 28, 2009 at 8:50 am

I should done that with the cantaloupe I need to use up… maybe for lunch.

I have a hurricane that might rain on my plans. πŸ™ Stupid Danny may make our long weekend in the Berkshires of MA a tad wet, including the outdoor concert we have tickets for. Pout. Really hope Danny tracks farther out to sea.

4 Mara @ What's For Dinner? August 28, 2009 at 9:01 am

ITS FRIDAY!!! That’s what’s exciting! It’s my mom’s best friend’s birthday tomorrow so we’re going to Frontera Grill tomorrow night…Rick Bayless’ restaurant!

5 Matt August 28, 2009 at 9:07 am

Yay Friday! My dad is coming into town to hang out while my mom is at a funeral. I feel bad for her, but at least it will keep my dad busy and he won’t be alone all weekend!

6 Lizzy August 28, 2009 at 9:13 am

mmmmm breakfast looks amazing! next time i have a cantaloupe i’m totally doing this!!! πŸ™‚

7 fittipexchange August 28, 2009 at 9:13 am

I’m going to the Aiguille (the rock gym in Longwood) with some friends if you’re interested in doing some rock climbing. It’s an amazing upper body workout! If some other Orlando bloggers wanted to join, we could make a “meet up” out of it πŸ™‚

8 Traci August 28, 2009 at 9:18 am

For some reason the weekends that start out plan free always seem to end up being so much fun! I’m the same way, I hate down time and can’t really just sit home and watch TV. Not very good at chilling out. If I’m home I always manage to reorg a closet or something! This weekend they were forecasting the hurricane to come close to us here in Boston, but now it just looks like tons of rain and not much wind. Makes for a lousy Saturday night out though.

9 runeatrepeat August 28, 2009 at 9:23 am

No fun plans here, just cleaning and organizing.

10 Kath August 28, 2009 at 9:23 am

I have zero plans and am SO EXCITED!!!

11 brandi August 28, 2009 at 9:24 am

I’m glad you and Maddie got to go to the park – she looks like she had a great time!

Weekend plans? Not much here, either. I’m trying to keep it lowkey since football starts next weekend!!!

12 Lindsay @ bananaandchocolate August 28, 2009 at 9:27 am

That is such a great idea for breakfast!

I don’t really have much planned for this weekend. I kind of like the idea of relaxing and watching movies.

13 kaitruns August 28, 2009 at 9:29 am

I LOVE making a bowl out of cantaloupe….its far healthier then say a “bread” bowl or a “taco” bowl.

And i know what youre saying about wanting to find plans instead of sitting at home..i just moved out on my own for the first time and always make sure to fill up all my time so i dont sit at home twiddling my thumbs

14 Anne Marie@ Her New Weigh August 28, 2009 at 9:38 am

That cantalope looks so refreshing. I’m in the mood for some now!

15 Sarah R August 28, 2009 at 9:54 am

Happy Friday!! Zero plans here as well. I can’t remember the last time we didn’t have any plans!

16 Angela (Run Study Eat) August 28, 2009 at 10:10 am

In San Francisco, the Outside Lands Music Festival is happening this weekend!!!!

17 Beth August 28, 2009 at 10:10 am

I’m in SF too, and ESCAPING the Outside Lands craziness by going to wine country for the weekend! πŸ˜€

18 Susan August 28, 2009 at 10:16 am

You’re more than welcome to come to Canada to help me move this weekend!! πŸ˜› Ugh, I’m actually looking forward to the weekend to be over.

I love cottage cheese in a cataloupe, I have yet to try it with yogurt – soon!

19 Rosey Rebecca August 28, 2009 at 10:17 am

It was freezing this morning when I walked to the gym! I was wearing a huge sweatshirt! I need to move to Florida

20 lilybeans August 28, 2009 at 10:44 am

I have got to try that loupe bowl, it seems to be sweeping the nation of blogland!

21 Bec August 28, 2009 at 10:54 am

You;ve been going like crazy this summer so a weekend off from everything will probably be nice! Plus you have that adorable puppy to play with πŸ™‚

22 Jill August 28, 2009 at 11:00 am

Why do you switch up your running route for safety reasons?

23 Meghann August 28, 2009 at 11:05 am

It’s basic running safety 101. If you run the same route every day then people will notice you taking that route and will know where and when you will be making you perceptible for being stalked, mugged or abducted

24 Courtney August 28, 2009 at 11:00 am

I love cantaloupe! Ever since I scooped some LF cottage cheese into one of those mofos, its been HEAVEN.

25 dee (the apple hill adventurer) August 28, 2009 at 11:04 am

no plans ? that must be a weird feeling, though maybe liberating ?

that melon – yogurt – granola bowl looks sooo yum!

26 Mandy A August 28, 2009 at 11:23 am

TGIF!

Awesome run! πŸ™‚

Ya know, I need to give cantaloupe another shot. I haven’t tried it in years… but your cantaloupe bowls look so yummy! We get one every week in our CSA delivery… I may make hubby share it this time around!

27 Jenna August 28, 2009 at 11:26 am

i think a hurricane is coming up on the east coast, so possibly rain all day tomorrow!
i can’t believe you don’t have any plans this weekend girl, you usually always have something going on!

jenna

28 valerie August 28, 2009 at 11:29 am

Hey Meghann! I just wanted to let you know how inspirational I think you are. My dog died, roommate moved out and boyfriend broke up with me all in the course of one month. But I recently found your blog and find it so inspiring to see how you took control of your life and discovered who you were and what you wanted out of life! I hope to be able to take this time I have alone to figure out out who I am. Thanks for your inspiration!!

29 Kristin August 28, 2009 at 11:35 am

Looks like a delicious breakfast, I may have to try it!!

xo
K

30 Run Sarah August 28, 2009 at 11:56 am

I need to try that canteloupe bowl, I have one ready in the fridge right now! Good call on switching up your route – I should do that more often.

31 rhodeygirltests August 28, 2009 at 11:56 am

that breakfast looks SO refreshing!!!!!! i love melon.

my husband apparently likes his weekends booked so we have a crazy packed one. tonight dinner at his bosses house, in the morning he is helping someone move and i am cleaning the bathrooms (yuck- insert vom emoticon), tomorrow night another dinner, then saturday church + a lunch and then dance practice (we joined the armenian dance group). CRAZY!

32 Niki August 28, 2009 at 12:25 pm

i should buy a cantaloupe just to do that! i looks so tasty. My weekend is devoted to my going away party(s)!! I am moving for school and this is my last weekend here, needless to say it is bittersweet. I will also be running and biking in between the drinking and mingling!

33 Pam August 28, 2009 at 12:57 pm

We are getting hit with a tropical storm tomorrow – perfect movie day!!

34 Evan Thomas August 28, 2009 at 1:05 pm

Mmm a cantaloupe bowl. Quick and easy clean up that’s for sure

Tomorrow we’re going to see Paula Dean in Boston. My mom and her friends got the best seats they could and my dad and I(the tagalongs) will be in the back cheap seats lol. Should still be fun

35 biz319 August 28, 2009 at 1:06 pm

It’s my SIL’s birthday on Sunday so we are having a bbq – its going to feel like October though – our high is only going to be 60!

36 Julia August 28, 2009 at 2:59 pm

I love plan free weekends…relaxing after a long hard week is so satisfying! The only plan I have this weekend is to do homework and get my long run in on Sunday morning. I’m excited!

37 Nicci@NiftyEats August 28, 2009 at 3:24 pm

Yeah for the weekend. I thinik i need to try my granola and yogurt in a fruit like that.