My Workout Solution

by Meghann on August 27, 2009

This morning I woke up with no desire to get dressed, mess with any fancy equipment or leave my apartment.

My workout solution to these dilemmas?

Mini Living Room Boot Camp Work Outs!

I did both Bobbi’s Mini Living Room Boot Camp #2 and Boot Camp #3 this morning in my underwear. The best part about these mini boot camps the ability to practically rolled out of bed and be able to do them. No prep work needed. I love running, but sometimes getting dressed, putting the HRM on, strapping the Ipod, crating Maddie, and tracking down my gate key can be a bit annoying. Sometimes I need a morning where no work is needed so I can work out.

Is it strange I stress more about prepping for my work out then actually working out? I do the same thing when I go skiing. The idea of skiing is fun, but putting on the layers of clothes and equipment isn’t so much.

I decided last night that instead of prepping my lunch for today, I would just prep my breakfast.

IMG_0773

This was a fantastic bowl of overnight oats that contained.

• 1/2 cup Oats
  • 1/2 cup Soy Milk
  • 1T Yogurt
  • Raisins
  • Walnuts
  • Cinnamon
  • 1T Honey Peanut Butter
  • 1/2 Peach
  • 1/2T Chia Seeds
  • 1T Ground Flax Seed

This morning I topped the thick oats with Blueberries and a couple spoonfuls of  Good Run Cashew Granola.

IMG_0772

This bowl was great! I really love how thick the overnight oats came out. I tried something different with this bowl and mixed the PB in the night before. This allowed the PB flavors to really sink in with the rest of the bowl.

67 Days of Smiles…

On the local news this morning I saw an interview with 2 young NYCers  who had won a job sponsored by the local tourist bureau to blog and tweet about everything Orlando for the next 67 days. I guess it has been said that in order to see and do all that Orlando has to offer a person would need to sight see 8 hours a day for 67 days straight. I never realized there was so much to do in Orlando!

The two friends – Kyle and Stacey – kick off the experiment today with a trip to Discovery Cove. I’m actually interested in following them and hopefully collecting ideas for what to do the next time I am bored in this crazy town. If you are from the Orlando area yourself or are curious about vacationing here some time I would suggest you check them out too!

Kyle and Stacey will be blogging at http://67daysofsmiles.com and you can follow them on twitter at http://twitter.com/67days

1 fittipexchange August 27, 2009 at 9:11 am

haha, underwear workouts are the BEST! sometimes i wonder if the neighbors ever catch me 😉

2 runeatrepeat August 27, 2009 at 9:35 am

I wish I could get a job blogging/tweeting about a cool vay-cay spot!

3 rhodeygirltests August 27, 2009 at 9:46 am

and your breakfast officially looks foodgasmic.

also, I hate putting on ski clothes. I have skipped days of skiing before because I am too lazy to get dressed. bad! Re: finding your gate key all the time. I just put a pretty little bowl above my fridge for all keys. Now when I come home, no matter where my keys are (hand or in bag) I put them in that bowl. I also put my headphones, ipod, and polar in the same place (different one). it takes me MUCH less time to get ready to run that way!

4 MelissaNibbles August 27, 2009 at 9:47 am

It’s nice to know I’m not the only who works out in their undies!

5 Neely August 27, 2009 at 9:49 am

Haha, Meghann!

I think this is so funny! I only speak for myself but I would think that most of us who live here probably don’t see truckin’ around Orlando for 67 days in the summer as a “dream job.” But then again, I live right down the street from Disney and have been there once (never again). Lol!

Have a great day. 🙂

6 nutritionbyeve August 27, 2009 at 10:00 am

I rarely workout in my living room since I have a gym in my building. For some reason I’m not nearly as motivated working out in my own apt. But I know it really works for some people!

7 Lizzy August 27, 2009 at 10:02 am

Girl workin out in ur underwear = the best idea ever! I love just getting straight out from bed and not having to fuss over anything!!!!

Overnight oats look awesome as usual! 🙂

8 Brandi August 27, 2009 at 10:22 am

getting dressed and ready to run is definitely more work than going for me, too. there’s just so much to put on and adjust and everything.

9 Therese August 27, 2009 at 10:28 am

Dang where were we when that job application went out??? Spend the next 67 days doing fun things in O-town and blogging about it?? Yes please!

10 Mandy A August 27, 2009 at 10:34 am

I agree!! Sometimes prepping for the work out is more than the work out itself! Especially with a 3 year old! 🙂

But love your bootcamp solution! I have been wanting to try Bobbi’s bootcamps!

11 biz319 August 27, 2009 at 10:36 am

It’s cold and rainy today, so I had ZERO motivation to get out of bed this morning, until I decided to make spicy oats!

12 Allie B. August 27, 2009 at 10:37 am

You use a garmin 305, correct? Does it calculate the number of calories you burn? I am interested in purchasing one …I know many people love it!

13 Meghann August 27, 2009 at 11:29 am

Yes I have the Garmin 305, but if you are looking for something to just calculate calories I would go with a Polar HRM. The Garmin doesn’t work in doors and I mainly use it for tracking distance and pace in my runs.

14 kaitruns August 27, 2009 at 11:06 am

YES! workouts in undies…love it…those oats look supergood..ive been itching for oats lately but the warm weather makes them seem a little heavy..maybe ill try this!

15 Mara @ What's For Dinner? August 27, 2009 at 11:07 am

I would LOVE that job here in Chicago!

16 Nicci@NiftyEats August 27, 2009 at 11:09 am

That is exactly how i felt thisorning. I decided to switch my workouts for the day. Do my cardio this morning and running later tonight.

17 Nicci@NiftyEats August 27, 2009 at 11:10 am

That is exactly how i felt this morning. I decided to switch my workouts for the day. Do my cardio this morning and running later tonight.

18 Matt August 27, 2009 at 11:10 am

Takes me 2 minutes to get ready for a run 🙂

Throw on clothes, shoes, garmin, sunglasses, and go!

19 cookinfanatic August 27, 2009 at 11:26 am

Oh man, that sounds like a sweet 67 days! We are Orlando bound tonight actually (as long as flights go as planned) and cruising out of Port Canaveral Friday… def lookin’ for something to do on Monday bc our flight back isn’t til late at night – I’ll have to see if they have any good suggestions!!! 🙂 🙂

20 Run Sarah August 27, 2009 at 11:43 am

Great idea for an AM workout! I find getting my gear together to be half the battle too sometimes.

21 dee (the apple hill adventurer) August 27, 2009 at 12:12 pm

those oats look SO GOOD.

i wish i could work out in the mornings, but i leave the house at 5:30 am, i would run before, but its pitch black out, and i have cougars to worry about

22 Shannon August 27, 2009 at 12:16 pm

An underwear workout! Ingenious! I’ll have to make sure to shut the blinds when I give that a try….I’m on the ground floor!

23 Haleigh August 27, 2009 at 12:33 pm

Great idea for the workout! Sometimes you just don’t wanna get ready but your body is still craving exercise.

Have a fab day! xoxo

24 Morgan August 27, 2009 at 12:37 pm

Great idea, except my windows are huge, and my curtains don’t cover them all, bummer! I think that might be why I was a swimmer for so long…minimal prep. Just a bathing suit, cap and goggles and I was good to go! Now prepping to run or go to the gym is a workout by itself sometimes!

25 Jenna August 27, 2009 at 12:52 pm

wow! that sounds like a pretty cool job!

26 Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) August 27, 2009 at 1:48 pm

Great job on the workout. I do yoga in my underwear sometimes when I don’t feel like getting dressed and going outside!

Yummy overnight oats, I still have yet to try those but one of these days, I swear…

27 Ryan @ Greens for Good August 27, 2009 at 2:08 pm

That’s so cool! I’ll totally be checking them out!