more ยป" />

Maddie's First Dog Park

by Meghann on August 27, 2009

I am proud to say attempt #3 was a success! We finally made it to the dog park. ๐Ÿ™‚

Maddie was too excited for words.

I was very proud of how Maddie played with the other dogs. She did her share of sniffing and chasing and even made friended with the puppies in the large dog park as well.

I see plenty of dog park adventures in out future. ๐Ÿ™‚

My afternoon snack was a BlueBran VitaTop.

This was a tad dried compared to the other VitaTops I’ve tried. Not my favorite.

When we returned home after the dog park I quickly through together a light dinner of what I was craving – Veggies with Marinara Sauce and Cheese.

I steamed 1/2 a Sweet Potato, Onion, Green Beans and Asparagus. I topped the veggies with marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese and a spoonful of flax.

In my opinion if you cover anything with marinara sauce and cheese it will be amazing. ๐Ÿ™‚

I savored the last of my Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes for dessert.

Thanks again Whit for baking them for the bake sale! It was definitely my favorite Boston purchase.

Now that I’ve been fed and watched my share of trashy tv I think it’s time for bed.

Good Night!

1 Annamarina August 27, 2009 at 8:58 pm

Maddie looks so cute at the dog park! I remember the first time we took our dog Cali to the park – a very exciting day!

I never thought to just top veggies with marinara and cheese. I always feel like I would have to have some pasta under there! Thanks for the yummy looking suggestion!

2 angieinatlanta August 27, 2009 at 9:01 pm

Aw, Maddie is too cute! I love how happy she looks playing with that big dog!

And seriously, marinara and cheese makes everything better!

3 Courtney August 27, 2009 at 9:02 pm

Maddie is so freaking cute!!! Dog parks are the best…my dogs live for Saturday and Sunday mornings when they get to go and run and chase their hearts out! Makes for a much happier dog.
Courtney
Adventures in Tri-ing

4 megzzwinsatlife August 27, 2009 at 9:05 pm

Maddie looks so happy in those pictures!! You can see her smiling!! She is also adorable!! Makes me want a second doggie!! Meal looked really good tonight and simple!! Love simple meals!!

5 Evan Thomas August 27, 2009 at 9:06 pm

Haha, those are some cute dog pics

Oh, and “anything covered in marinara and cheese will be amazing” is so true. And I like how you thought to put flax over it. i think it adds a great nutty, earthiness to any dish, but my family thinks that’s a bit off

6 fittipexchange August 27, 2009 at 9:07 pm

Fun looking dog park! I take my pup to the one on colonial, but that one looks nicer!

7 Ashley August 27, 2009 at 9:24 pm

maddie is the most munchable puppy of life!

8 Dori August 27, 2009 at 9:26 pm

Maddie’s smile!! She is SO happy! And so adorable with the big dogs. My brother’s dog doesn’t like the dog park, she i scared of dogs and will jump into a stranger’s lap to get away. She loves people. I love Maddie’s facial expressions!

9 Menden (Skinny Menny) August 27, 2009 at 9:26 pm

Maddie is so darn cute!!! I love her smile ๐Ÿ™‚

10 Run Sarah August 27, 2009 at 9:32 pm

That is so awesome they have a special area for small dogs…my pup would love that!

11 Lizzy August 27, 2009 at 9:33 pm

omg maddie is the cutest dog in the world! gotta love her!!!

i agree if you cover anything in red sauce and top it with cheese, you have an instant winner dinner! ๐Ÿ™‚

12 Mellissa August 27, 2009 at 9:34 pm

Maddie is so cute, I smile every time I see her!

13 Leianna August 27, 2009 at 9:36 pm

I agree, anything with marinara and cheese is amazing!

14 Haleigh August 27, 2009 at 9:37 pm

Aw, maddie is so adorable! She looks so happy to be playing with the other puppies!! I want a dog so bad ๐Ÿ™

15 Pam August 27, 2009 at 9:38 pm

How cute is Maddie?! I bet you had so much fun at the dog park with her!

16 Bec August 27, 2009 at 9:40 pm

Aww I still cant get over how adorable she is!

17 Matt August 27, 2009 at 9:40 pm

Your dog is too cute ๐Ÿ™‚

18 Erica August 27, 2009 at 9:41 pm

awwwwwwwww glad it finally worked out. Such cute pictures of Maddie. Get some rest

19 Lauren August 27, 2009 at 9:42 pm

Aww Maddie got her first taste of play dates! I bet she is pooped now, but so fulfilled. ๐Ÿ™‚

I just watched an epsiode of Everyday Italian that highlight that same concept of everything tastes good with sauce and cheese. Giada was trying to get kids to eat healthy and blanced meals by making them appealing. What a great way to get your kids to love veggies. I fully beleive if you start them young, they will be set veggie lovers for life! ๐Ÿ™‚

20 Allison August 27, 2009 at 9:43 pm

Oh Maddie! She has such personality! I love her! Glad you two were finally able to make it to the park! ๐Ÿ™‚

21 Susan August 27, 2009 at 10:04 pm

Ohmygosh Meghann, seriously, Maddie is TOO cute for words!! She’s definitely one photogenic puppy ๐Ÿ™‚

22 bhealthier August 27, 2009 at 10:07 pm

aw what a cute puppy! it looks like she had a blast!

i totally agree, veggies ( or almost anything) covered in marinara and cheese is delicious.

23 Rosey Rebecca August 27, 2009 at 10:15 pm

Your puppy is so adorable!! Mmm and that cupcake looks awesome too!

24 Kristie August 27, 2009 at 10:27 pm

Aww what a sweetie. She looks completely ecstatic!

Loving that marinara dish too. I’m a sucker for anything pasta sauce/cheese like and the fact that it’s packed with veg? Winner!

25 Jenna August 27, 2009 at 10:28 pm

that is so cute that you bring maddie to a dog park, i have never seen those around where i live!

those cupcakes made by whit always look so yummy ๐Ÿ™‚

jenna

26 Deva (Voracious Vorilee) August 27, 2009 at 10:28 pm

Maddie looks like she had a blast – was she all tuckered out after?

Very nearly any dish can be improved with the addition of marinara and cheese, too. I like marinara on beans ๐Ÿ™‚

27 Lindsay August 27, 2009 at 10:48 pm

Maddie is so cute! I agree anything can be amazing with marinara and cheese!

28 indieconquers (Run Study Eat) August 27, 2009 at 10:50 pm

your doggie is so so cute! Love it!!!

29 Lauren @ Team Giles August 27, 2009 at 11:15 pm

I just love your puppy!! She makes me smile every time I see a picture of her

30 broccolihut August 27, 2009 at 11:54 pm

Wow, I am pretty sure that I will NEVER tire of Maddie pictures. Love that they have a special area for “small dogs.” Trouble is, JRTs think they’re big dogs:)

31 biz319 August 28, 2009 at 12:11 am

My dog is an a-hole with other dogs – wish I could take him to a place like that!

32 WholeBodyLove August 28, 2009 at 12:32 am

Maddie is such a cutie! We have never taken our dogs to a dog park since we have a big backyard and they play with the neighbors’ dogs while we all sit outside and chat.

33 alex August 28, 2009 at 12:42 am

Your dog is the CUTEST thing ever!

34 dougak23 August 28, 2009 at 12:51 am

Oh your little girl is sooo adorable! I wish I could take my chihuahua to the dog park but she just growls and barks at the other dogs. She thinks she can fight anything at the park, even though she is only 4lbs…full grown!

35 janetha August 28, 2009 at 12:52 am

i love her!!!!!!!!!!!!!

36 Whit August 28, 2009 at 1:30 am

Ah Maddie is so cute, and those cupcakes are always a winner. I can say that, because I baked them.

37 Courtney August 28, 2009 at 1:32 am

SHE IS SOOO CUTE! HOLY SHIIIZZZZ. I wanna grab her right off the screen and snuggle up with her…

38 Paige @ Running Around Normal August 28, 2009 at 6:28 am

OMG!!! She’s so cute I can hardly take it! I’ll bet Niko (my pup) and Maddy would get along so well. Niko has a few weiner dog friends (they’re about the same size as maddy, no?) and she just loooves wrestling around with them! haha

And your cupcake looks great!

39 The Hungry Runner August 28, 2009 at 7:10 am

Your dog is just soooooo cute! And I agree about the marinara/mozerella cheese combi!

40 Katrina (gluten free gidget) August 28, 2009 at 8:04 am

YAY MADDIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

41 Niki August 28, 2009 at 8:33 am

Maddie is just the cutest little thing!! Glad ya’ll finally made it to the park!

42 Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) August 28, 2009 at 9:10 am

Yay Maddie! I love the butt sniffing picture, haha. Happy Friday!

43 inmytummy August 28, 2009 at 9:14 am

My doggie loves the dog park but he’s a bully! He barks at the other dogs all the time. I think he’s saying “Play with me, play with me!” because he’s very sweet.

I agree with you on the dryness of that particular vitamuffin. IMO, the chocolate ones are the best.

44 catruns August 28, 2009 at 11:12 am

Oh my gosh those dog park pictures are adorable! Thanks for sharing

45 Bridget August 28, 2009 at 11:52 am

Awwww I LOVE dog parks! I can’t wait to have my own dog to bring to one!!

46 Ali August 28, 2009 at 1:16 pm

Those picture of Maddie are so cute! Especially the one of her and the black lab ๐Ÿ™‚ She looked so sleepy on the way home. I love taking Oscar to dog parks!

I am in total agreement that marinara sauce and cheese make everything taste like heaven…it’s just plain true!

47 Laura August 28, 2009 at 4:38 pm

Maddie is such a cutie pie! My boyfriend and I have a mixed dog from the humane society… we know she’s definitely part Aussie Shepherd, and after seeing all of your pictures of Maddie I am convinced she’s part Jack Russel as well!