Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Cooped Up

by Meghann on August 26, 2009

Sadly due to another afternoon thunderstorm attempt #2 at taking Maddie to the park was a no go. :( Perhaps tomorrow will bring some sunshine?

The rain lately has been pretty depressing. I feel just as antsy cooped up inside as Maddie. I got home from work this evening and started doing random crunches, jumping jacks and butt kicks just to keep myself entertained. What I really wanted to do was go to the park. I need some fresh air. Going from all day in the office to all evening in the apartment is no fun.

At least I have my kitchen to keep me entertained.

IMG_0760.JPG

I had purchased this individual serving of pre-marinated BBQ Salmon from Whole Foods a while back and finally had the opportunity to taste test it tonight.

IMG_0753.JPG

When I read the directions I was expecting to see instructions on oven temp and how long to bake for, instead it simply said to place in the microwave for 3 minutes. Just heat in the microwave? Why have I let this little treasure go unnoticed in my freezer so long?!?!

IMG_0754.JPG

Unfortunately 3 minutes may have been a bit too long for this salmon. It turned out a tad over cooked and dry. The sauce was also a tad sweet.

IMG_0761.JPG

Oh well, at least it was still edible. I’m just not sure I would buy this again.

At the Farmer’s Market this weekend they had a display of beautiful green tomatoes that were calling my name. Just the sight of them reminded me of my Daddy’s yummy Fried Green Tomatoes he used to make when I was little. The thing I enjoyed most about the fried green tomatoes wasn’t necessarily the crispy fried outside, but the warm gooey tomato inside, which gave me the idea for tonight.

I decided to skip the breading and massive amounts of oil this evening. Instead I went with slice and heat in a little pam spray on the stove top.

IMG_0756.JPG

The results were just as good as I imagined.

IMG_0763.JPG

Just as great as my Dad’s Fried Green Tomato, only a tad healthier. :)

Finally to round out my meal I had the last of my Yucca Fries from last night.

IMG_0764.JPG

After I took this photo I realized I had forgot the ketchup! Don’t worry I fixed the mistake and there was plenty of yucca fry/ ketchup dipping. ;)

My evening concluded with one of my Penny’s Low Fat Dessert Cookies.

IMG_0766.JPG

I thought it needed some Almond Butter.

IMG_0767.JPG

Yep, that’s what it needed!

I can’t forget the True Delights bar I had as my snack this afternoon!

IMG_0752.JPG

This baby was surprisingly filling today. I wasn’t very hungry for dinner until much later then my usual eating time.

I’ve been on such a roll lately preparing my lunch the night before lately let’s see if I can continue the pattern…… or I can just be lazy and tuck myself into bed with my book Decisions, Decisions. :)

{ 30 comments }

Me Like Grapes

August 26, 2009

I have to be honest when I say I don’t blog every little thing I eat. On any given day I probably blog about 90% of what actually goes in my mouth. The other 10% comes from the quick bite – usually 1/2 a z-bar – I have each morning before I run or work more »

Read some more →

Chocolate Green Monster

August 26, 2009

I went to bed last night at approximately 8:30. I feel my goal lately has been to just make it in bed as early as possible. When I think about it I can spend my nights staying up, reading blogs and watching trashy tv or I can snuggle up in my bed getting plenty of more »

Read some more →