more ยป" />

Clean, Clean, Clean

by Meghann on August 23, 2009

I have been hard at work cleaning my apartment today. My landlord were coming over so with a new lease and I had to make sure my place was spic and span.

I hate to clean, so my super clean job may not be up to any clean freaks standards, but it works for me. ๐Ÿ™‚

Maddie spent the whole day following me around as I moved from room to room. Eventually she did pass out, but this girl has energy. The whole day I bet she only napped an hour or two.

Cleaning also meant running errands. While running the errands we hit up Jason’s Deli for a yummy lunch.

I have seen Jason’s Delis around, but have never been to one myself. I really enjoyed the open atmosphere

and loved their menu philosophy. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I ordered the Mediterranean Wrap with a side of Strawberries and Pineapple.

I thought the wrap would have more veggies, but besides that it was really tasty.

I finished my whole plate. ๐Ÿ™‚

The best past about Jason’s Deli?

The free Ice Cream!

I had a small vanilla soft serve on our way out the door.

After lunch I organized my desk, cleaned the bathroom and lugged out some trash. I built my hunger right back up and had a small bowl of Kashi H2H mixed with Dried Pineapple and Peanuts.

When it was time for dinner I knew exactly what I wanted.. PIZZA!!

The last time I made homemade pizza dough I had split it in half. I made an awesome Margherita Pizza with one half and froze the other. This evening I pulled the frozen half fro the freezer and let it defrost on the the counter top for a couple of hours. I was pleasantly surprised how nicely the crust defrosted. I was able to roll it out with no problems.

I topped my pizza with red sauce, mushrooms, zucchini, yellow squash, beets, mozzarella, feta and fresh basil then baked in the oven at 425 for 10 minutes.

The result were taste bud heaven. My favorite part were the beets. The beets really influenced the overall flavor of the pizza in a wonderful soothing way.

With the pizza I had Massaged Kale Salad.

This is the same salad I made on Friday night. I think having the salad sit in the fridge for three days really let the lemon and olive oil flavors sink in. The kale was not bitter at all.

I wanted something refreshing after I did the dishes, so I grabbed a handful of grapes.

They did the trick.

I’ve been pretty sleepy all day and believe an early bed time is in order for me.

Good night everyone!!

1 angieinatlanta August 23, 2009 at 8:44 pm

I LOVE Jason’s Deli. Their salad bar, although kind of limited, always has super fresh ingredients on it. And the ice cream is the best, of course.

I love having a clean apartment to start the week! Have a good one!

2 indieconquers (Run Study Eat) August 23, 2009 at 8:55 pm

I’m that way about cleaning too. SOmetimes I may even be like, “I’m cleaning today!” Then pick a few things up, look around and find something fun to do. ๐Ÿ™‚

3 Erica August 23, 2009 at 9:14 pm

Great job on the cleaning Meghann! The place looks fabulous. I have never been to the Jason’s Deli near us- the sammie looks good and I want some free ice cream ๐Ÿ˜‰ Cute picture of your baby. Get some rest

4 Mara @ What's For Dinner? August 23, 2009 at 9:15 pm

They just opened a Jason’s by me, and I’ve been wondering what it was like! No one I knew had tried it yet either…thanks for the review!

I hate cleaning more than I hate doing just about anything else. I always seem to find something better to do!

5 Matt August 23, 2009 at 9:21 pm

I love Jason’s Deli! They have the best French Onion Soup!

6 VeggieGirl August 23, 2009 at 9:21 pm

Ooooh cleaning – I have a love/hate relationship with that activity, haha ๐Ÿ˜€

7 inmytummy August 23, 2009 at 9:24 pm

I hate cleaning too. Your place looks pretty clean to me. You should see mine right now!

The ice cream is definitely the best part of Jason’s Deli. Although they have these mini muffins on the salad bar that are pretty delicious.

8 Evan Thomas August 23, 2009 at 9:36 pm

That place sounds awesome! I love the philosophy on nutrition and how the menu has nutrional information(and any place that always has free ice cream can’t be bad)

9 Emily (The Experimentarian) August 23, 2009 at 9:55 pm

That wrap looks great! We have Jason’s here and I’ve been a couple times, but I see that wrap is new…now I need an excuse to go ๐Ÿ™‚

10 jenngirl August 23, 2009 at 10:10 pm

I have that same bed!!

Your apartment looks great, and I agree, Jason’s Deli is definitely one of my favorite choices when eating out!

11 Leianna August 23, 2009 at 10:18 pm

Love that you can get pineapple and strawberries on the side of your wrap! Nice clean apartment as well, wish I was that motivatied right now!

12 cookinfanatic August 23, 2009 at 10:27 pm

omg girl how have you lived w/out Jason’s Deli all these years?! that place is heaven … i mean healthy sandwiches/wraps + salad bar + free, unlimited (ha)fro yo …. pure bliss!!

13 Julia August 23, 2009 at 11:10 pm

Omgosh, that pizza looks amazing!
And that deli looks super fun too!

14 Jenna August 23, 2009 at 11:22 pm

Jason’s resaurant looks great!

15 Hangry Pants August 23, 2009 at 11:24 pm

I hate to clean too. I think you did fantastic. ๐Ÿ˜€

16 carolinebee August 23, 2009 at 11:30 pm

Your place is so cute, love it!

17 danielle August 23, 2009 at 11:36 pm

i most def relate with you about the hating to clean part…
as long as the clutter is not food related i couldn’t care less.
messy not dirty is my philosphy.

18 linda August 24, 2009 at 12:21 am

Your pad is so organized and clean!

Did you saute any of the veggies before topping onto the pizza. I was wondering if 10 minutes was sufficient to cook the squash and beets?

19 Lizzy August 24, 2009 at 1:03 am

i totally agree that i hate cleaning too, but then when its all over, i always feel better!

are jasonsdeli’s only in florida! i love the sounds of the restaurant, and your wrap looked amazing!

20 WholeBodyLove August 24, 2009 at 2:15 am

What an awesome restaurant! Great philosophy and free ice cream! Who does that?!

21 Marissa August 24, 2009 at 4:20 am

I’ve seen Jason’s Deli around town but never tried it. I’ll have to try it!

22 Tyly August 24, 2009 at 6:40 am

Jason’s Deli is my absolute favorite, and we have the exact same bed! ๐Ÿ™‚

23 biz319 August 24, 2009 at 7:02 am

Everything looks clean to me, but then I am not like my daughter when it comes to cleaning! ๐Ÿ˜€

Happy Monday!

24 Lauren August 24, 2009 at 7:28 am

Great job on the apartment cleaning. Sometimes, we just have to suck it up and give the house a good solid cleaning. It does feel so great after its all done, but getting the motivation to do it, isn’t always easy.

I love your homemade pizza. Fresh homemade pizza is a great way to end the weekend.

Take care girl!

25 Bec August 24, 2009 at 7:56 am

free ice cream? sounds like a great place lol. Thats a good idea to freeze the pizza dough I always just make 2 pizzas and end up eating it forever so I will definitely have to try freezing 1/2 the dough next time

26 jessica August 24, 2009 at 8:43 am

I had to LOL when I saw the pic of your racing bibs and medals because mine are displayed the exact same way! Granted I don’t nearly have as many as you do.. but I still thought it was a funny coincidence!

27 Emily August 24, 2009 at 8:45 am

Hey there! I would have never thought to have put beets on my pizza – sounds delicious! ๐Ÿ™‚

Have a great Monday!

28 Stephanie August 24, 2009 at 9:35 am

Your place looks great! Good job, will you come help me clean my house now? ๐Ÿ™‚ Maddie is adorable. Makes me want another puppy!

29 allijag August 24, 2009 at 9:38 am

Nice job cleaning – it totally means my standards (so it looks like I’m not a neat freak either) ๐Ÿ˜‰

Sweet little Maddie – I think her and Lando are long lost sisters. I totally understand the never ending energy supply thing ๐Ÿ™‚

30 Whit August 24, 2009 at 10:39 am

Jason’s Deli Salad Bar + Free Ice Cream = the reason I go there regularly. SO delicious! Plus they have these graham crackers on their salad bar…oh jeez.

31 dee (the apple hill adventurer) August 24, 2009 at 11:00 am

Hey there! i love your blog, and i cant wait to keep on reading ๐Ÿ™‚ i am glad i decided to check out a bunch of peoples blog rolls today ๐Ÿ™‚

that looks like the perfect first day of school breakfast

i just graduated from a uni a few months ago, and i already miss the hussle and bustle of the first day ๐Ÿ™‚ so exciting (and boring at times)

have fun!

32 Ali August 24, 2009 at 12:25 pm

I hate cleaning! You did a great job and your apt is so cute! I love your bedding! That soft serve looks so tasty! I want a some now!

33 broccolihut August 24, 2009 at 2:01 pm

I love Jason’s! Next time you should check out their salad bar–I always snag a big handful of the free Dr. Krackers:)

34 Katie August 24, 2009 at 3:17 pm

Your apartment looks great! I have never been to a Jason’s deli (but I have eaten their catered food at a meeting). I love their philosophy too! And that it says Please eat Responsibly!

35 Ashley August 24, 2009 at 3:32 pm

ooooo, meghann!! you’ve got such a nice apartment space!! and it looks really tidy and organized – good job!! once i get into cleaning mode there’s no stopping me.
you’re pizza looks great too! i’m def going to make up my own dough and concoct a pizza. glad you had a great weekend!

36 Liz @ intheskinny August 24, 2009 at 6:38 pm

I never knew their ice cream was free! I thought it came with the salad bar and i always get a sandwich. I guess that’s what I get for skimming the menu. ๐Ÿ˜‰

37 melissa August 24, 2009 at 7:41 pm

definitely 400x cleaner than my bedroom right now. ice cream yummmmmmmmmm

38 Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) August 24, 2009 at 11:36 pm

I really LOVE beets! I have never thought to put them on pizza! Very creative ๐Ÿ™‚