more ยป" />

A Short Trip to the Beach

by Meghann on August 22, 2009

Today was most definitely a beach day. ๐Ÿ™‚

Derek and I met up with my parents and then headed north to New Symerna Beach for a little fun in the sun.

And by fun in the sun I mean I laid on a towel and read my thrashy magazine.

Kourtney Kardashian is pregnant? The horror! lol

Eventually I broke into the lovely picnic lunch I packed.

I was really craving an almond butter wrap, but was out of carrots, spinach and aluminum paper so I got a little creative.

This was an amazing almond butter, craisins, and fresh peach slices on a whole grain arnolds thin.

I MUST make this again! So refreshing and so delicious!

To go with my sammy I had some raw okra fresh from the farmer’s market this morning.

I can’t seem to kick this okra habit lately. It’s just what I like to eat at the moment.

After a nice walk on the beach I came back to a Barney Butter Oatmeal cookie.

As we are in Florida, the clouds did eventually roll in and we had to leave.

On the way out of town my Dad had to stop as this little French Bakery he has been raving about.

He came out with an assortment of goodie. All looked very rich and fabulous.

I split the ‘surprise cookie’ with my Mom.

It was good, but the chocolate icing was very rich and gave me a little tummy ache. ๐Ÿ™

Cross your fingers the clouds that were rolling in just keep on rolling. We have big plans to meet my Sister and her boyfriend at Universal this evening to ride the new Roller Coaster that just opened this weekend. It looks like a good one and I would hate for the rain to ruin my fun!

1 foodieinthecity August 22, 2009 at 5:26 pm

Hi Meghann!

I have been a long time reader and started my very own blog today! It is very new and stlll has a lot of work that needs to be done to it, but I hope you come by every so often an check it out ๐Ÿ™‚ Also, would you mind if I added you to my blogroll once I get that set up?

Btw, gossip magazines (guilty pleasure), the beach and a.m.a.z.i.n.g. looking pastries… what more does a girl need?

2 Kat August 22, 2009 at 5:39 pm

It was cloudy/ rainy in NYC today as well… and I also went to the farmers market this morning! I love it :).
Kat

3 Matt August 22, 2009 at 5:46 pm

It was pretty cloudy here today too. The weather was perfect though. It was actually pretty cool on my run!

4 Paige @ Running Around Normal August 22, 2009 at 5:49 pm

Sounds like fun! That sandwich is crazy creative, but sounds awesome ๐Ÿ™‚ Have fun tonight – I hope it doesn’t rain on ya.

5 Lizzy August 22, 2009 at 5:52 pm

omg i must get my hands on the dessert. so yum!

looks like the perfect day! ๐Ÿ™‚

6 Megan August 22, 2009 at 6:10 pm

Oh my goodness…that surprise cookie looks so good! I could have polished that whole thing off haha! The other desserts look really good too! I am glad you got to enjoy the beach before the rain…I hope the rain holds off so you can ride the roller coaster tonight, too!

7 Niki August 22, 2009 at 6:45 pm

Fingers crossed for no rain!!

8 Neely August 22, 2009 at 6:53 pm

Mon Delice is awesome!! Next time get the Napoleons. Epic.

9 Jenna August 22, 2009 at 7:22 pm

this weeks PEOPLE magazine right? haha.
jenna

10 Susan August 22, 2009 at 7:26 pm

Doing a little non-rain dance for you ๐Ÿ˜‰ We’re supposed to get a hurricane here soon in the north east, I do believe your part of the continent has already sent us all your rain ๐Ÿ˜›

11 lessonstolearn August 22, 2009 at 7:33 pm

I can’t imagine living in Orlando and being able to go to Disney and Universal anytime! I’ve only been to Disney World once, and at the time, I was chaperoning 31 high school juniors and seniors. I have never counted to 31 so many times in my life! We actually got stuck an extra 2 days because snow kept us from getting home to Boston, and Universal gave us a free day in the park.

Have a great time. Sounds like a very nice end to a very fun day!

12 janetha August 22, 2009 at 7:39 pm

happy national eat a peach day!! your sandwich looks delish

13 Danielle August 22, 2009 at 7:50 pm

We had quite the storm earlier so it may come down towards you guys, unless it goes out to the ocean. Fingers crossed that it passes quickly and you guys can enjoy the coaster. Carl and I can’t wait to ride it either! The beginning looks like a bit much though, so I’m looking forward to hearing how you and Kelly felt about it.

14 Joanna August 22, 2009 at 8:06 pm

Love New Smynra Beach. Best beach in FL!

15 Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) August 22, 2009 at 9:12 pm

What does Okra taste like?

16 Angharad August 22, 2009 at 9:17 pm

Woah, those French treats look amazing but so so rich! Sad you got a tummy ache ๐Ÿ™

Love the peaches in a sarnie idea! And just read your post from earlier – nothing better than a morning run to start your day off right with no time restrictions! The bagels looked immense too! Have a great rest of your weekend!

17 biz319 August 22, 2009 at 9:40 pm

fingers crossed the rain stays away!

18 WholeBodyLove August 22, 2009 at 11:35 pm

I have yet to try Barney Butter, I can’t find it anywhere here in the ‘nati

19 Samantha August 23, 2009 at 6:09 am

This may be a crazy question, but what does Okra taste like? I’ve only had fried Okra like once–but of course it was good (anything is good fried, obviously).

20 Meghann's Dad August 23, 2009 at 8:51 am

Sorry I led you Asray But I think you were the first one out of the car LOL

21 Maggie August 26, 2009 at 10:07 am

It’s so funny you ask this! Yesterday, at an early morning work event, I was snacking on TJ’s Fiberful Ends and Pieces and everyone I work with thought I was NUTS! A few people were “brave” enough to try them and only one of them actually managed to get one down. I think they’re delicious!