It’s Running Season!

by Meghann on August 21, 2009

Race season is almost here in Florida and I can not wait! There’s a certain buzz in the air with everyone debating which races to do with all the options!

Here’s what I have on my plate so far

I am getting pumped just looking at that list!

However, I am going to pretend that all the races are free and not add up what my total race season cost is. Ignorance is bliss!

The best part is I have great friends to run each race with. Shout out to all my fellow Disney runners!!

Is your race season starting or ending? Any good races coming up?

Mid-morning I nibbled on a Good Run Cashew Cookie.

Lunch was yummy left overs from the Office Shindig yesterday.

Christine – who orders all the food for our meetings – specifically ordered veggie burgers for myself and one of my other co-workers. She ordered a dozen and begged me to take some home with me. The veggie burger comes from a really well known local barbeque place and looked awesome. I happily stashed one with a few toppings in a to-go container.

Today I just reheated the veggie burger and topped with lettuce, tomatoes, onion, jalapenos, ketchup and mustard between an Arnold’s Thin bun.

The veggie burger was actually very tasty and filling. I always forget how much I love veggie burgers and do not order them enough.

On the side I had some quick and easy sweet potato fries with ketchup.

I just sliced the sweet potato and microwave for 3 minutes. They came out surprisingly crispy.

Of course you can’t have a burger and fries without a pickle!

I love my pickles!

After lunch I totally was scatter brained and forgot my camera at home. So you will have to make do with this lovely camera phone shot of Angela’s Classic Glo Bar.

2.jpeg

I can not thank Angela enough for donating her amazing glo bars to the Healthy Living Summit. They were the hit of the swag bag, that much is for sure!

Now I am just sitting back, relaxing and taking the weekend in. Yay for Friday evenings!! I am contemplating doing some baking, I just can’t decide which recipe I want to try first! So many yummy options. Come back later to find out what I decided. 😉

1 brandi August 21, 2009 at 4:52 pm

great lunch! that’s nice that she ordered veggie burgers for you two.

I think I’m just getting my race schedule lined up and am so excited! I’ll probably only have 3 races, though…we don’t have as many around here as you guys do, but exciting nonetheless! and hopefully my first 1/2!!!

2 Kristen @ Simply Savor August 21, 2009 at 4:52 pm

Good luck on all your races this season! Its inspring me to want to sign up for some too 🙂

Can’t wait to see what you decide to bake. Enjoy your weekend 🙂

3 Megan August 21, 2009 at 4:57 pm

I love sweet potatoes so very much! What a yummy lunch you had 🙂

4 inmytummy August 21, 2009 at 4:59 pm

Nice race line up. I’m definitely running the Silver Comet Half Marathon on 10/31 and maybe a 5 or 10K before that.

5 kilax August 21, 2009 at 5:00 pm

I was just wondering when the FL race season starts.YAY!

I can’t wait for Disney 🙂 Of course, a huge part of that is the fact that it is a vacation!

6 Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) August 21, 2009 at 5:11 pm

Good luck on all those races!!!

7 Tammy Eros August 21, 2009 at 5:16 pm

I get excited looking at our race schedule, too! This fall I am doing very few, to save $ and focus my energy, but doing the following:

Tupelo 14.2 Miler September 5
Bass Pro Marathon November 1

and volunteering at the Saoring Wings Half Marathon (awesome race I did last year and my first half marathon)! It felll on the calender a wek before my marathon, but it was so neat, I had to be a part of it, even just to help out!

8 Allison August 21, 2009 at 5:22 pm

I think the Disney marathon sounds so fun!

It’s so funny to hear people talking about race season starting up – it’s almost ending here! It’ll soon be too cold 🙂

9 ksgoodeats August 21, 2009 at 5:23 pm

Wow – lots of races coming up! Good luck!!

Being begged to take home veggie burgers?! Niiiiice 🙂 Your lunch looks great!

10 April August 21, 2009 at 5:31 pm

You’re so lucky to have races coming up now…it’s slowing down here and there is nothing in the winter here in Iowa – I’ll be stuck on a treadmill 🙁 Good luck with your races, whichever ones you run!

11 Nicci August 21, 2009 at 5:32 pm

lunch looks great today. I just started checking out races in my are too. I’m looking for some 5ks

12 Christina August 21, 2009 at 5:38 pm

Wow, awesome race line up. I’ve always dreamed of running the Disney marathon – it sounds so exciting!

13 Courtney August 21, 2009 at 5:43 pm

Race season in Chi-town is practically the entire year… it is the Windy City!! I’m planning on doing a half marathon this year after the XC season ends. =)

14 Matt August 21, 2009 at 5:46 pm

My season will begin in a month or so. I am ready to race!

15 runeatrepeat August 21, 2009 at 5:58 pm

So excited for Disney!!!

16 Pam (Highway to Health) August 21, 2009 at 6:05 pm

Our race season is ending here. I have a half marathon planned for November.

I’m interviewing Kathrine Switzer – who was the first woman to officially run the Boston Marathon. If you have any questions for her let me know!!

17 RunToFinish August 21, 2009 at 6:15 pm

wow great race calendar! I really wanted to do disney but wasn’t sure i could budget another trip.

yeah for people who think of htose who want some healthy options!!

18 Marisa August 21, 2009 at 6:21 pm

My race season is ending. I have my first ever half marathon next weekend! I am excited and nervous all at the same time. I might do some shorter races in the fall for fun too, but in a couple of months we will probably have snow and I just can’t bring myself to run in that! Good luck with all of your races.

19 Nina August 21, 2009 at 6:22 pm

wow that’s a lot of races!! I can’t wait until I can do that. 🙂

20 Rosey Rebecca August 21, 2009 at 6:29 pm

Wow, you’re racing a lot!! The veggie burger looks fabulous!!

21 Lizzy August 21, 2009 at 7:17 pm

Love this list of races! I’m traing for my first half in october in Detorit! yay! Eveerything is going to turn out great for you! yay

Your veggie burger for lunch looks delish. i never order them out enough either!!

have a wonderful evening, and i bet you’ll come up with an awesome recipe for later!

22 MegaNerd August 21, 2009 at 7:34 pm

Yay for the races! I’m running most of those, but not Disney or the Space Coast half! 😀

Can’t wait to see what you bake tonight!

23 Erin August 21, 2009 at 8:05 pm

That lineup looks awesome! The Disney Marathon sounds amazingly fun.

I have a second annual 5K in September – my dad, mom, and brother are now running in it this year! It was the first 5K I ran – ever – last year, so it’s got a special spot in my heart. I’m running a 10K in Boston (woo hoo!) in October and I’m really excited because it’s an all women’s race and apparently very fun! I hope to do a half next May and I’m already nervous for it!

24 Jenna August 21, 2009 at 8:07 pm

wow meghann that is one long list of races you got there! you must be excited 🙂
jenna

25 Julie August 21, 2009 at 8:11 pm

Wow thats a lot of races! I’m running a 5k with my sister next month. It’s her first race so I’m pumped for her!

26 Jojo August 21, 2009 at 8:59 pm

Race season is winding down here in Chicago, before the weather gets cold. I am running my first half marathon on September 13 tho!

My boyfriend and I are planning a huge Orlando trip in January so he can run the Disney half and full marathons! SO EXCITED!!!

27 irunisweat August 21, 2009 at 9:11 pm

I just did a race list like this but never hit publish! Funny.

The guy and I are doing a 5k tomorrow (one of the ones we do every year), and my first half marathon in three weeks. I’m definitely excited! Racing season is, thankfully, pretty long in the Burgh… March till the snow starts (late November/early December)

28 Niki August 21, 2009 at 10:10 pm

My race season is just starting also! I am so excited! Unfortunately I have class most Saturdays so I have to work around that but so far I’m doing the LeBonheur Pumpkin Run Oct 10th and the St, Jude Half Marathon Dec. 5th!! Hoping to fit in a few more 5 or 10ks!! Your race schedule looks great!!

29 Emily August 22, 2009 at 12:16 am

I’m running my first race ever this March, the Disney Princess Half Marathon! Do you think you will sign up for that one too?

30 Susan August 22, 2009 at 7:05 am

Yay for races! I always purposely ignore their cost as well 😛 Our race season winds down in September around here. I’ve got a couple on tap for next month and one in October that I’m looking forward to. Fall races are the best, the weather is usually nicer and it cools off so they can hold them later in the day (I’m a morning runner, but my friends and family are not morning spectators! 😛 )

31 Katy August 22, 2009 at 10:16 am

I’m spending part of the day setting up my fall running schedule, too, and I bet we’ll be at some of the same events!

32 Britt August 23, 2009 at 5:51 pm

Definitely pumped for races to pick back up again…. it gets crazy in the spring here and then dies off for a bit during the summer, but picks back up again come fall. I’m also the race director for the first time ever of a brand new 5K in my town! Crossing figures we get a good turnout, really hoping for at least 300 runners.

My main focus right now is the NYC Marathon on November 2nd. But before then I have several 5k’s, a 5 miler, a 24 hour relay race and a half marathon planned. I’m a huge fan of adding racing into your marathon training!

33 Jess August 24, 2009 at 2:11 pm

Looks like an awesome bunch of races! You’ll definitely have a full fall!