Too Tired

by Meghann on August 20, 2009

I woke up this morning and was barely able to make it out of bed.

Maddie refused to sleep last night and just wanted to play. I believe I fell asleep at one point holding her bone in my hand only to be awaken when she accidentally bit my thumb instead of the bone. Ouch!

When the alarm rang at 5:30 Maddie was still wide awake and I couldn’t even make it out of my doorway without running into the wall.

I should have just went back to sleep, but I decided to go ahead and try to get a run in. The run was awful. I could have easily fallen asleep in one of my neighbor’s yards. I ran 3 miles in 33 minutes. I’m not sure I could have gone any faster if I tried.

When I got back I knew some time with Polly was in order and I did her 10 minute Yoga for Runners. I really needed a good stretch and Polly is a god send.

Thankfully breakfast was prepared the night before.

IMG_0469

I mixed this sample of Muesli I got in Tampa with some Plain Chobani and Fat Free Milk last night then let it sit in the fridge over night.

IMG_0463

This morning I topped it with 1/2 of Pluot, Blueberries and a tablespoon of Naturally Nutty’s Chocolate Butter Toffee Peanut Butter.

IMG_0465

Soooooo good.

I am already finding it had to keep my eyes open at my desk and I have a ton of work to do. I need to find some tea high in caffeine or I don’t think I will ever make it. Ahhh…

Chobani Winner….

The winner of the New Pineapple and Pomegranate Chobani flavors is…

bethann, on August 19th, 2009 at 10:46 am Said: Edit Comment

coconut banana something…with a mix/twist! i already tried the pineapple..it’s my new FAV.

CONGRATS Bethann!!!

Send me an e-mail at graduatemeghann@gmail.com with your address to claim your prize.

1 Nicole August 20, 2009 at 8:51 am

Mmm, I tried my first pluot the other day and it was quite delicious. They are so pretty too! When I bit into it, it was pink.

2 VeggieGirl August 20, 2009 at 8:55 am

Hang in there with the tiredness!!

3 Erica August 20, 2009 at 8:59 am

Oh gosh. Puppies can be tough. I hope you are able to get to bed early tonight! The new chobani flavors are rockin!

4 caitlin August 20, 2009 at 9:00 am

i think the summit wore us out!

5 Traci August 20, 2009 at 9:00 am

Oh! Hope you have a good day and find a way to energize yourself.

6 Whit August 20, 2009 at 9:05 am

Seriously, I had the most awful run this morning too. I am so glad I am not the only one.

7 lessonstolearn August 20, 2009 at 9:09 am

I can’t imagine NOT being tired after the weekend all of you had. Not only a lot of physical activity, but a lot of mental and emotional energy to put it all together and see it all work out so well. I wish I had had a less busy summer so I could have been part of it!

8 prettyladycmu August 20, 2009 at 9:12 am

Aww I hope your morning improves! I’m sure the breakfast and a good tea (maybe it’s time to break down and have a big coffee??) will help 🙂

Have a great one!

9 Meg August 20, 2009 at 9:20 am

Hope you feel a little more awake as the day goes on! The weekend is almost here 🙂

10 Pam August 20, 2009 at 9:24 am

Being that tired is the worst feeling! I try to get up and go for small walks around the office to keep me awake. Hang in there!

11 megan August 20, 2009 at 9:29 am

I went running withy my husband this morning, and I think he was as tired as you were! It was quite the chore to get him out of bed to run with me, but it was worth it 🙂

12 Lizzy August 20, 2009 at 9:39 am

i might be a bit behind but what is a pluot? It almost looks like a cross between a nectarine, and a plum? Hopefully you get some coffee in your system soon! 🙂

13 Morgan August 20, 2009 at 9:56 am

I feel your pain. last night I was woken up to my dog playing with a toy under the bed. He kept running in and out, and jumping on the bed. Good for you for getting your run in!

14 Brandi August 20, 2009 at 10:03 am

i feel the same way! I just wasn’t tired until late last night and then was up early for work. i have a feeling I’ll crash tonight.

15 carolinebee August 20, 2009 at 10:24 am

haha…reading all of your maddie stories is hilarious..you are like a new mom with tales of your escaping child and long sleepless nights 😀 Good thing she’s cute!

16 Susan August 20, 2009 at 10:32 am

You sound like me yesterday, ugh! Make sure you go to bed early and get a solid sleep tonight! Or even take a nap!

I praise Polly every time I do one of her videos. She’s a miracle worker I tell ya!

17 Ally August 20, 2009 at 10:34 am

So sorry she kept you up all night! My doggies did the same thing–they wanted to play into the wee hours and then we’re up at 4:30 ready to play again.

18 Carolyn August 20, 2009 at 10:43 am

Hope you get some rest tonight! GL!

19 Ashley August 20, 2009 at 10:44 am

i feel ya – sometimes it’s so hard to refuse a workout even though you’re exhausted. hopefully you’ll get a second wind and coast through the rest day. have a good one.

20 biz319 August 20, 2009 at 11:22 am

I was so tired this morning too – but because I stayed up until 11:30!

Hope you get some caffeine in you to make it through the day!

21 ksgoodeats August 20, 2009 at 11:30 am

My dog doesn’t understand tug of war – he just wants the toy so I’ve been accidentally bitten numerous times! Hopefully Maddie doesn’t miss again 🙂 but she’s too cute so she’d be easily forgiven!

22 Quinn August 20, 2009 at 11:34 am

I hope you are feeling a little more alert! I know how it feels to be at work without enough sleep – not fun!

23 Bec August 20, 2009 at 11:35 am

aww hopefully she sleeps a bit more tonight!

24 Melissanibbles August 20, 2009 at 12:20 pm

You should be proud for getting out the door and going for your run even though you were tired. You’re an inspiration!

25 aron August 20, 2009 at 12:28 pm

ohhhh I am going to have to check out that 10 min yoga for runners!! I have been wanting to incorporate some yoga badly but I just havent been able to fit an hour session in… that would be perfect!!

26 Angharad August 20, 2009 at 12:28 pm

Running when I’m super tired is literally the worst feeling ever so I feel for you there! Sometimes sleep is really best..

27 Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) August 20, 2009 at 12:51 pm

Hope you are able to get a nap or make it to bed early tonight 🙂 My dog thought 3:56 this morning was the perfect time to play, haha.

28 Nicole (dishin') August 20, 2009 at 3:15 pm

I’m impressed you got up and ran at all. The weekend is almost here – can’t wait to catch up on sleep!

29 Jenn Eats Nutritiously Now August 20, 2009 at 8:06 pm

Wow, that’s impressive that you actually went for the run!