Office Enemies

by Meghann on August 20, 2009

I debated writing this post for fear people would say I’m depriving myself or that I’m secretly anorexic. I also feared it may be some sort of trigger for my readers recovering from eating disorders whom I never want to disrespect. But in the end I said screw it. This is an issue many Americans battle in an office setting and since my blog involves all issues that involve working a 40 hour work week, I wanted to share it.

Basically this afternoon I came face to face with my moral enemy… office birthday cake.

It was our quarterly corporate meeting which meant lots of food, drink and cake afterwards.

Now don’t get me wrong I’ve on more then one occasion on this blog had my share of cake, but today I really stopped and thought about it.

I considered that..

• I wasn’t hungry in any shape or form
  • It was a store bought cake
  • Did I wanted it just because everyone else was eating it or if I really wanted chocolate

In the end I simply walked away from the cake room and decided to see what would happen. I participated in the office golf tournament finale, I enjoyed a glass of unsweet tea while chatting with co-workers and I took some left over veggie burgers home, that my co-worker practically shoved in my purse.

You know what I discovered? I didn’t miss the cake. I have no regrets about not eating it.

I took a minute to evaluate the situation and in the end was happy with my decision to walk away.

I was actually surprised how full my lunch kept me all day. Apparently my $25,000 sandwich is quite the tummy filler. My co-workers really did a great job bringing in lots of burgers, hot dogs, all the fixins.

They even had veggie burgers!

I just wish the metting had been at lunch time rather then 3:00. Then I may have been hungry and had some cake. ;)

Don’t worry though my hunger finally kicked in around 7:00 and I put together a great dinner.

This was a soup wasn’t originally planned to be a soup, but evolved into a tasty one.

I started by sauteeing Onions, Zucchini, Yellow Squash, Garlic, Mushrooms, Tomato and Kale in a little EVOO on the stove top. I then added the rest of my left over fish from last night, 1/4 cup of cooked cous cous and 1 cup of College Inn Thai Coconut Curry Broth. FInally I topped it all with red pepper flakes and fresh basil.

The flavors combined perfectly. It was spicy with just a touch of sweetness. Yum!

And please don’t think I deprived myself from sweets today. Because after dinner my sweet tooth did make its presence known and I enjoyed the last of the mystery Oatmeal Date cookies from this weekend.

Mmm.. these babies are rich. If you made them let me know, I would love the recipe!!

Alright m goal is to make it to bed early tonight. In order to do that I am going to run Maddie around the block a couple of times, I’m hoping to wear her down to exhaustion. Wish me luck!!

1 Evan Thomas August 20, 2009 at 8:47 pm

I’m completely with you. I’m not dieting or anything, in fact I’m weight gaining, but I would gladly deny a cake at work especially if it’s store bought. I tend to have snacks that I’ll a) enjoy more and b) are better for me, so I really don’t feel like I’m missing out. Tomorrow’s my last day and my coworker said she’d make me something, and I’m a bit nervous what it might be because I know I HAVE to have it if it was brought in specifically for me.

2 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) August 20, 2009 at 8:53 pm

Good for you for listening to yourself and your body. I mean, sometimes workplace sweets just aren’t worth it! I’d much rather have a homemade dessert or one from a cute little bakery….you know, one without HFCS and trans fat and made with love!

Those date cookies definitely caught my eye! You got a sampling of so many bake sale items–jealous!

3 Errign August 20, 2009 at 8:54 pm

Good luck with wearing Maddie down, when Mckinley was a puppy, there was no stopping him. (OK, he’s three now and there’s still no stopping him, lol.)

I applaud your decision to make the choice that was right for you. I agree with you that if you are not hungry and the cake is nothing special that there’s no reason to take a piece!

And your soup – it looks awesome!

4 Ericka August 20, 2009 at 8:55 pm

Meghann, I don’t think anyone could say you are depriving yourself of anything! Clearly you have mastered a nice balance of everything. You listened to your body, and it didn’t want store-bought cake. Good for you. I did the same thing this week when a friend offered me a store-bought cookie. I accepted, took one bite, and then realized I didn’t really want it and it wasn’t that good. So I didn’t finish it. But I definitely had homemade dessert that night. :)

5 Christina August 20, 2009 at 8:56 pm

I don’t think you’re depriving yourself at all just because you didn’t eat cake one day! Who says we have to eat cake every single time it’s offered? If i’m really feeling cake, or it’s a flavor I love, I’ll have some. If not, I’ll just pass. It’s not like it’s the last time I’ll get the chance to eat it.

That’s funny how many names is on that cake! It looks like there were lots of people to take your piece :)

6 angieinatlanta August 20, 2009 at 9:02 pm

I really respect that you shared your conscious eating with the blog world. I think that as a blogger, it’s hard not to censor yourself but one of the reasons I keep coming back to this blog is the honesty.

And the cookie looks way more worth it than the store cake!

7 emielli August 20, 2009 at 9:05 pm

If it had been homemade, I would probably have had to give in and take a slice. Store bought I can pass with no problem, I just have never been a fan of store bought cake. Good job on resisting temptation and for really listening to what you and your body wanted.

8 Lauren August 20, 2009 at 9:05 pm

We had our office quarterly b-day luncheon today too! And yes, there was cake, and no, I didn’t eat any either. For a couple of reasons, 1. I’m not even a big cake fan (more of an ice cream girl) 2. It was choclate and I really don’t care at all for chocolate cake, and 3. I wasn’t at all hungry.

I definitely thought out eating some just because it was there and everyone else was, but then I realized that it just wasn’t worth it.

That’s so funny that the exact same thing happened to us today. We must have been chaneling each others inner health conscious.

PS- I think the cookie looks so much better anyways. :)
Take care sweet girl!

9 traveleatlove August 20, 2009 at 9:05 pm

Nothing wrong with walking away from food that you don’t want! I would save that splurge for something awesome, there is nothing worse than eating some meh cake that you didn’t want in the first place!
Your post reminded me of the Seinfeld episode with all of the office celebrations :)

10 Jenny August 20, 2009 at 9:06 pm

OH PLEASE!!!

im a recovered anorexic (but i dont rlly think u can ever recover 100% … im about 85%) and i thought you were very sensible. I’ve gone to so many therapy and nutrition sessions and every one of my therapists has told me that eating is all about listening to yourself. You thought about the situation and made the best decision for you. If anything Meghann you have just showed me that everyone struggles (not just me) and part of being healthy is having a little self-control and sometimes saying NO.

Your blog has truly helped me recover from disease and helped make better decisions for myself. Currently, im about 25lbs heavier, exercise about 3-4 times a week, and still have a treat every once in a while (My mortal enemy just happens to be Coldstone Ice Cream). And, you know what, i feel GREAT!!!

11 Spotty Prep August 20, 2009 at 9:12 pm

I also work in an office and couldn’t agree more! I have a distaste for store bought publix cake now because someone brings in one at least twice a month or so. People can be so obnoxious when I turn it down! Even though I try my best to be super subtle and polite about it.

12 Amy C. August 20, 2009 at 9:17 pm

I’m proud of you for doing what is best for you. When I worked in an office, I often turned down store bought cakes. I would still socialize with my coworkers but in the end, I always felt better by not having a slice of cake. If I really wanted it, I would have a sliver but most often I didn’t want any and was fine with that. I think you took a very sensible approach. :) Good luck wearing Maddie down! She’s such a cutie!!

13 Amanda August 20, 2009 at 9:17 pm

Totally normal behavior here … and HEALTHY, not restrictive. We had an office cake last week, and in my office, everyone stands around and talks while eating the cake. I turned it down, and it wasn’t as big of a deal as I thought it may have been. I tend to like to treat myself to dessert after dinner, not mid-afternoon when I am not even in the mood! Hope your pup sleeps better!!

14 Nina August 20, 2009 at 9:31 pm

good for you for putting what YOU want on YOUR blog. plus, it’s not like you committed a crime; you said no to an unhealthy and not-homemade dessert at a time when you weren’t hungry. Healthy means balance, and sometimes balance means saying no when you don’t need it.

bravo.

15 Julie August 20, 2009 at 9:36 pm

I would do the same thing.

One of my co-workers wives started a new hobby of cake decorating. Every Thursday or Friday he brings in a newly decorated cake for everyone to eat. All my co-workers chow down (some as early as 10am…wayy to early for cake) except me. I figure, it’s not a special occasion, I’m not hungry, I’m not that into cake, and I’m just not in the mood/not hungry. Why should I eat it just because? I don’t deprive myself in the least (I had mine and 2 others slivers of REALLY good fancy wedding cake a few weeks ago), but I don’t eat cake just because it’s there.

16 Whit August 20, 2009 at 9:38 pm

ma’am I have seen you eat two of my cupcakes this week. I would not say you are depriving yourself. Storebought cake is rather meh anyway.

17 Shannon August 20, 2009 at 9:48 pm

I think you did a really good job of explaining it and I totally agree with you. I just wish I had your willpower. :)

18 Matt August 20, 2009 at 9:49 pm

Don’t feel guilty about not eating cake. That is silly.

I used to work in an office and people would practically force me to eat some cake. Almost as if they were trying to feel less guilty about it or something.

19 Danielle C. August 20, 2009 at 9:50 pm

I don’t blame you, if you’re going to eat something like cake it had better be good cake! If I’m going to splurge I want it to be worth it, other than some gross dry cake.

I work from home so I rarely have this problem, however awhile back we had a meeting with pizza. I made a deal with myself that if it was good pizza I would eat some, if not I would eat my Luna Bar to hold me over until I got home. Turns out it wasn’t good pizza, it looked equivalent to Domino’s which is flat out gross IMHO. I didn’t even want it and was happy to tide myself over. Like we all say, MODERATION.

20 trinichiqn August 20, 2009 at 9:50 pm

I completely understand the lack of appetite especially such a huge spread right after lunch. Infact I only really got back my appetite today since Monday after breakfast. Monday I had breakfast of fruit and cereal and it was so super filling that I didn’t need my mid-morning snack, I had lunch and dinner without any of my extras. For the last few days I still had the full feeling although I had my meals, I wasn’t really feeling it and then today my appetite came back with a bang. Moral, when your not hungry, you’re not hungry why force yourself, that is just as bad as any alternative.

21 Lizzy August 20, 2009 at 9:52 pm

Meghann if anything i think you have taught us something. i think sometimes we don’t listen to our bodies and we either give into something that we don’t even want, or don’t eat it at all but end up depriving ourselves. I think that is so great that you evaluated the situation and listened to what you wanted. You still enjoyed all the activities, plus sometimes cake isnt what were craving, so i would have waited to have something that i really wanted too!!!!! Get it girl! :)

22 Kim August 20, 2009 at 10:02 pm

If everyone could eat intuitively I don’t think people would have weight problems…..you can’t have it all you just need to have it all the time.

23 Menden (Skinny Menny) August 20, 2009 at 10:04 pm

Hi Meghann,

I run into the same situation at work all the time. I used to feel so obligated to eat a piece of cake, just because I was worried what people would think if I didn’t. But now, sometimes I’ll indulge (if I’m hungry), and other times I’ll hang out with everyone and just enjoy the relax-time at work! Great post :)

24 Jenna August 20, 2009 at 10:16 pm

meghann! do not ever feel guilty about not eating something! and from reading your blogs you defs do not deprive yourself! you go girl, keep doing what you are doing :)

25 Sara August 20, 2009 at 10:18 pm

I’ve eaten my fair share of junk brought in to work. But the last few years, I don’t indulge. It’s hard, and it IS OK to do every once in a while, but if you don’t want to, don’t let anyone bother you about it. In fact, one year for my birthday someone brought in fruit salad because I said I didn’t want a cake! The next year I said bagels for breakfast would be alright, but someone still insisted on bringing in a cake. And I didn’t want to eat any (I knew I’d probably eat some sort of dessert with my twin sister that night!), but I felt obligated to have a piece. Anyway, good for you for doing what you want!

26 Emily (A Nutritionist Eats) August 20, 2009 at 10:22 pm

I hear you! I hate it when you feel “pressured” to eat something not so great just because everyone else is….

27 ksgoodeats August 20, 2009 at 10:24 pm

Kudos to you for eating what you wanted, when you wanted! Anyone who attacks you for not having cake needs a reality check themselves. You listened to your body and gave it what it did/did not want. That’s fantastic and the way a role model should act :)

28 Rosey Rebecca August 20, 2009 at 10:30 pm

I was actually craving a veggie sandwich from Subway the other day when my office ordered pizza for lunch! My office always has cakes and cookies sitting around and I’m proud to say, I can walk right by them!

29 Melissa S. August 20, 2009 at 10:38 pm

Dude, I wouldn’t have had that cake either. No hate.

I misssss you!!! Come to TX and visit!

30 Beth August 20, 2009 at 10:42 pm

THANK YOU for posting this. I get so sick of people judging me at work when I don’t want this treat or that, simply because I am not hungry or in the mood for it. It doesn’t mean we have a problem!!!

31 Anna August 20, 2009 at 10:47 pm

Those are totally my cookies from the bake sale! They’re vegan almond butter date cookies- I adapted a recipe from a cookbook and I’d be happy to share it with you. Just let me know!

32 lisa August 21, 2009 at 1:29 am

share!

33 Anna August 21, 2009 at 4:43 pm

Email me and I’ll share! ac3771a@gmail.com.

34 debbra August 21, 2009 at 6:12 am

Yes please share. Don’t leave us out. They look yummy!

35 veronica k August 21, 2009 at 8:11 am

I’d love the recipe if youre willing :)

36 blueeyedgirl0805 August 21, 2009 at 2:01 pm

Me too, me too!!! :)

Raya @ RayaRuns.com

37 Emily (The Experimentarian) August 20, 2009 at 10:48 pm

Way to go in honoring your body and your hunger today! This is something a lot of us have become so out of touch with, but I think the way you described it was very logical, intuitive and sensitive–thanks :) I usually stay away from cake anyway…but only cuz I just want the frosting!

38 Bec August 20, 2009 at 10:50 pm

Great post, thanks for writing it!

39 Kate August 20, 2009 at 10:58 pm

I think you were great! I often indulge in office cake and regret it. But by abstaining sometimes and only having it when I want it, I know I make it better when I DO want it!

The only exception is when it’s rude not to partake, and that will only rarely be the case!

40 Run Niki Run August 20, 2009 at 10:59 pm

It kind of sucks that you have to give a disclaimer at the beginning of your post. Obviously, not your fault, because I’ve seen people leave nasty comments on other blogs regarding the whole issue about deprivation, etc. and it’s just not fair. A person shouldn’t have to feel bad because they aren’t going to eat cake or sweets everytime one is placed in front of them!!

Anyway….good job on taking a minute to think about if you really did want the cake or not. I have worked at clinics where patients will bring in sweets, and it’s always so tempting to dig in (especially because you want to show the patient that you appreciate it!). But sometimes, you just gotta listen to your cravings and decide if you *really* want it now, or if you’ll actually appreciate it more later!

Dinner looked fab, by the way!

41 MarathonVal August 20, 2009 at 11:14 pm

I’m with ya – I LOVE my sweets, but store bought treats are never, ever worth it, in my opinion…. unless its something tasty and fabulous from Whole Foods or TJs, that is ;)

42 Tay August 20, 2009 at 11:41 pm

You are not depriving yourself at all! You’re eating intuitively – you didn’t feel like cake, and it was a “blah” cake, so you knew it wasn’t worth it! You’d much rather have a delicious homemade cookie :-)

43 KatieMoo August 21, 2009 at 12:13 am

Thanks for being open and sharing this post with us! I don’t think that you should worry what anyone thinks of you… people read this blog because they like you and want to see what yummy new things you are eating. Follow your heart… if that takes you away from gross store bought cake, then that’s where you’ll go. If people aren’t happy, then maybe they shouldn’t be reading your blog. Great post!

44 broccolihut August 21, 2009 at 12:59 am

Good for you for listening to your body at cake time! I ask myself the same questions when dessert is around–is it really worth it? Am I just eating because everyone else is? It’s so easy to fall into that trap!
Anyway, your dinner looks utterly perfect:)

45 Laughing Lindsay August 21, 2009 at 1:00 am

Hey girl,

Good call on this post. I pretty much devour anything homemade that’s sweet, but store bought…. another story. I can walk away fairly easily.

As for the cookies, I’m SO sorry that I didn’t keep the info.. I threw out a stack of stuff so my suitcase was lighter and I must have tossed the name of who made those awesome cookies. I wish I could give them a little more credit because those cookies are unreal!

Hugs,

Lindsay

46 Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) August 21, 2009 at 1:19 am

I almost always walk away from office birthday cake, because I don’t have much of a sweet tooth, and honestly don’t really enjoy cake. When I do eat some … because everyone else it … I always sit there bored while eating it and wondering how much I have to have before I can throw it away!

I definitely snack, but I am more of a salty or savory kind of person, and not a fan of sweets.

47 Julia August 21, 2009 at 1:27 am

you don’t have to eat cake just cause its there. That’s one thing I’m learning, cause I looooove me some suga! :) I don’t think it’s weird at all to not eat the cake. Some days you want cake, some days you don’t. C’est la vie.

48 WholeBodyLove August 21, 2009 at 1:56 am

I run into the same problem at work. my co-workers are CONSTANTLY having luncheons for menial milestones. There are some for great causes (United Way). But, I don’t normally partake and I have decided to let people think what they will. I am listening to my body and if I really want some processed, store bought cake…I’ll have it. But, I usually wait until we have a bakesale for United Way and indulge in homemade treats…sometimes my own healthy creations!

49 Emily Eats August 21, 2009 at 3:21 am

I think good for you for respecting yourself! I steer clear of them in general (esp. store bought). If others are happy with their own choices it tends not to bother them that I’m not eating it :)

50 Madelin August 21, 2009 at 3:35 am

I have the same issues at work. I almost never eat the cake at work morning teas unless it is something homemade and amazing. I usually just bring my own snack that I would normally eat and stand around with everyone else. People may comment initially but they get over it! It’s your body, I say eat what you like :) we shouldn’t feel pressured to eat what is put in front of us if we don’t want to!

51 Samantha August 21, 2009 at 7:11 am

I think it’s great that you listened to your body.

I was wondering how you get the motivation to run. A few months ago, my husband signed us up for the 5K with the Baltimore Running Festival on October 10th. We had good intentions of training this summer and really being ready to run the race. But, that didn’t happen. I have probably never run much more than 2 miles in my life. I know I could easily walk the 5K, but I would like to try and run it? I just can’t seem to find any kind of motivation to get myself outside and start running. Any suggestions?

52 Meghann August 21, 2009 at 9:54 am

Wants you make running a habit, it’s all the motivation you need. It helps me clear my head and it’s fun. I think I’m also addicted to it. I would suggest running in the morning and just have all you gear ready to go when you wake up. After work is when I tend to lack the motivation.

Good luck!

53 Lauren August 21, 2009 at 7:38 am

I’m probably going to reiterate the general message from the comments above: I don’t think anyone would label you as an anorexic or claim that you deprived yourself because you decided not to have a piece of cake. You took the time to really think about whether or not you wanted a piece – a sign of a true intuitive eater!

With this post, you set a fantastic example of how to listen to what your body wants and/or doesn’t want. In a social situation, it’s so easy to just gobble up what everyone else is eating, and it takes self-control to walk away. GO GIRL!

54 leslie August 21, 2009 at 7:43 am

i just want to agree with what many people have commented, and i really applaud you for posting this because it is a real situation that many people are faced with. i think the problem many of us in recovery deal with is feeling like if we’re going to eat, then every meal should be special and “worth it.” so there’s a push to eat just to eat, and people start berating you for turning down something you don’t want – and then they start picking on people like you, who have never had disordered habits. but i don’t have off limits foods anymore, and i still wouldn’t have had that store bought cake. i love good food, like you, and i know when it’s worth it. it took me a long time to get past people’s judgment and be able to defend my choices – and you should never have to defend yours!

55 Kelly August 21, 2009 at 8:26 am

If you don’t want crappy store bought cake then you are definitely not depriving yourself. You shouldn’t eat something just because you feel obligated. Good decision! Plus you had a sweet later!

56 Katrina (gluten free gidget) August 21, 2009 at 8:37 am

That’s basically what I always do. Granted, I do it out of necessity, but it’s still the same thing. It really is a great feeling when you realize you don’t miss it! Way to conquer the office cravings!

57 Elisabeth August 21, 2009 at 8:41 am

You made the right decision…you had already ate lunch, and you just weren’t hungry! Office birthday cake is definitely an annoyance to me as well. If I actually want a piece, I’ll have one…but the majority of the time, store-bought sheet cake doesn’t even appeal to me. Sometimes I buy specialty cakes for my own employees, and THAT is when I indulge. =)

My RD used to call these situations “Choose your own Adventure”, like the books we read as kids. Do I want to choose the path with the store-bought sheet cake, or would I rather keep “reading” and indulge in the gourmet truffle that I’ve been craving.

58 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 21, 2009 at 8:48 am

I don’t think it is bad to pass up office cake at all (or post about it for that matter). Any time I have had office cake it has been fake, dry, and not ‘worth it’ in the end. Good for you for listening to your hunger cues!

59 Meg C. August 21, 2009 at 8:59 am

Meghann, I really appreciate this post. I feel like a lot of the time, you guys (unintentionally) make it seem easy to eat healthily because you just show what you do it, and not what you decide to pass up. For me, eating healthy meals isn’t difficult, but saying no to candy, cookies, and other treats is the very hard part! I am greatful that you provided us with a bit of the “other side” of healthy eating.

60 Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) August 21, 2009 at 9:16 am

We have a party at work every month because there are so many people in our department, so we celebrate everyone’s birthday that month at once. I almost never eat at these parties because they are at 10 a.m. when I am still pretty full from breakfast, unless I really feel like I need a snack. But it wouldn’t be cake for me either!

You did not deprive yourself. You honored yourself. You knew you didn’t want it and so you didn’t eat it. Thanks for this post!

61 tami August 21, 2009 at 9:21 am

i didn’t read what ever else wrote, not sure i will, but i actually feel badly that you have to explain all this to us, i know you have a food blog and that’s what it’s all about but sometimes it’s just too much. store bought cake is gross, save yourself for the good stuff!

62 Kath August 21, 2009 at 9:30 am

Way to go Meghann!!! I did the a handful (small!) of times when I worked and it was amazing how liberating it was to just not have to eat the cake!

63 megan August 21, 2009 at 10:09 am

I have no problem with you not eating cake. if you didn’t want it, why eat it? haha but i am totally different. it’s pretty much impossible for me to turn down office cake (unless its chocolate – gross). Even though it doesn’t taste as good as homemade, I love it anyway and I almost always have some. although I’m an icing lover much more than cake, so lots of times I just eat the icing off of a piece (or 2). I just love having a free fun treat at work. to each his own I guess :)

64 Ashley August 21, 2009 at 11:16 am

i think it’s great you mentioned the meghann vs. office cake predicament because conscious eaters often experience similar situations.
good for you for walking away from the cake! it’s hard to do, especially when it can be a little awkward when everyone, except you, is eating it.
situations like that make me feel guilty because it’s as if others resent me for making better choices.
personally, the cake didn’t look that good, but your cookies, on the other hand, looked delectable.
have a great weekend!

65 Betty August 21, 2009 at 11:44 am

Wonderful,beautiful site-love the pictures -thanks for the great info!!!Betty http://www.geothermalquestions.net

66 aron August 21, 2009 at 12:10 pm

really thats it?? i NEVER eat cake or cookies, etc at work… i just dont want it and i dont feel like i should have to eat it. i may have run that morning or am going to run that afternoon and dont need things messing with my stomach. i would rather save my cookie/cake splurges on something i really want later. thats just me :)

67 Lauren August 21, 2009 at 12:52 pm

You listened to your body and made a decision that satisfied you. That is the polar opposite of deprivation! Good for you for following your instincts…it can be a hard thing to do, especially in a group birthday setting. You should never eat something *just* because you feel a social obligation to do so. You should eat because you personally want to, for whatever reason it may be.

68 Ali August 21, 2009 at 1:49 pm

I turn down office cakes, or even family birthday cake if I don’t like the flavor (vanilla cake with chocolate frosting is my fav) or I am not hungry. I get looks, even comments, but I don’t care…I know what is best for me.

Soup looks awesome!!!! YUUUMMMM!

69 blueeyedgirl0805 August 21, 2009 at 2:04 pm

Yesterday at work the “candy bowl” got passed around. When it got to me, I peered through the bowl, past the hersheys, and whoppers, and kit-kats and realized I was having no kind of candy or chocolate craving. So I passed and didn’t even think about it again until I read your post. So good for you!!

Raya @ RayaRuns.com

70 dougak23 August 21, 2009 at 2:34 pm

I used to get bad looks for not eating the stuff that people brought into the office but I am a strict vegetarian, lactose intolerant and pretty strict about what I eat so I was inspired by your post!

I am also recovering from 2 EDs so I was really touched when I read that you were concerned about triggering…I find that most of the time I am triggered by food blogs but find that the healthy lifestyles and normal eating patterns that you promote are much more appealing than my anorexia/bulimia habits. Thanks for being so aware of triggers and such a great example and inspiration! Your blog is definitely one that keeps me on the right path!