All that Swag

by Meghann on August 19, 2009

Don’t forget you have until tomorrow morning to win some Chobani by commenting on on the post linked here!

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, our swag bags seriously rocked at Healthy Living Summit. We had a little bit of everything and each morning it’s so fun to pick my snack from the collection of swag.

We would have had none of it without all the hard work Heather put into contacting the companies and collecting the goodies. Heather you ROCK!! :)

Today’s swag bag snack is brought to you by the lovely people at Oh Nuts!.

IMG_0426 (10)

They provided us with a great packet of nut samples that included Cashews, Pepitos, Almonds and Brazil Nuts.

IMG_0428

I went with the Cashew option today.

IMG_0430 (6)

It’s hard to go wrong with cashews. These were great and so convenient in the little serving size packet.

Thanks Oh Nuts! for providing us with a wonderful piece of swag!

I wanted an assortment of fresh veggies, fruit and dip for lunch so I made a lovely assortment plate.

IMG_0431

The plate included:

Carrots

IMG_0433

Cherry Tomatoes

IMG_0434

Cantaloupe

IMG_0435

Okra

IMG_0436

Pita Chips

IMG_0437

And to pull it all together some Hummus and Almond Butter to dip the lovely assortment in.

IMG_0432

Yum!! This was just the kind of lunch I needed. :)

When I went home for lunch today someone was waiting for me on the couch.

IMG_0418

I found this particularly odd considering she was in the crate when I left this morning. :/

Abbie used to be the little escape artist too. Dogs are too smart for their own good. I twisty tied Maddie’s crate when I left, but she was already chewing on it and planning her next move. At least I can say my puppy is a genius. ;)

1 Whit August 19, 2009 at 1:50 pm

haha, how cute that Maddie is an escape artist! Or not cute, depending on how you look at it.

2 Lizzy August 19, 2009 at 1:53 pm

Maddie is so adorable!

You just gave me the best idea for my lunch, a snack plate is in order, except i have no hummus in the house :( boooo i’ll make do tho!

3 Maggie August 19, 2009 at 1:56 pm

Hey Meghann!
How do you balance your personal exercise time with your doggy exercise time? I have a much bigger dog than you (lab mix) who I run with occasionally. She loves it, but can be hard to run with because I can’t keep a steady pace with her. But I feel guilty leaving her! How many dog walks do you fit into your day aside from your personal run time? Your devotion to your running is awesome!

4 Becky August 19, 2009 at 1:56 pm

My dogs are hudinis too. They would get out, and the crates were still locked shut! We kept them in there because they were “bad” if we left them out (I dont’ know how many times I had to clean up the garbage can!), but when they would break out, they were good. So we started to leave them out, and they’ve been good ever since! I have boxers, like your parent’s Scooby!

5 Kat August 19, 2009 at 2:00 pm

Hi Meghann,
I love your blog and your new puppy! Have been a longtime reader and just started one of my own. I hope you will take a look:

Thanks for being such a big inspiration- especially when it comes to exercise and fitness!
Kat

6 Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) August 19, 2009 at 2:02 pm

Your lunch looks great! Very healthy!

7 Ali August 19, 2009 at 2:02 pm

HAHAHAHA! Puppies are so funny. You got a smart girl on your hands!!!!!! I can’t wait to eat some of my Oh Nuts!

Question:
Do you just eat the Okra raw??

8 Meghann August 19, 2009 at 2:07 pm

Yes I eat it raw. I actually like it raw, does that make me weird?

9 solomomo August 19, 2009 at 2:03 pm

Dogs really are too smart for their own good. Mine has a habit of stealing my slippers, but he always leaves a toy in it’s place, like he is exchanging it or something! Maddie is so adorable, her face is so sweet!

10 Kristen @ Simply Savor August 19, 2009 at 2:05 pm

maggie looks pretty guilty in that picture–so cute! :)

11 Kristen @ Simply Savor August 19, 2009 at 2:06 pm

oops spelled that wrong–maddie!

12 sam August 19, 2009 at 2:07 pm

omg. cutest puppy ever! :)

13 brandi August 19, 2009 at 2:07 pm

oh, look at that face :) puppies are smart, that’s for sure!

great lunch – i like tasting plates like this.

14 VeggieGirl August 19, 2009 at 2:09 pm

Yep, Chooey is a MAJOR escape artist too, haha :-D

15 janetha August 19, 2009 at 2:10 pm

MEGHANN i love your puppy. i am doing a dog giveaway right now on my blog and once i get all the entries i am going to do a monster doggie post so i would love if you entered! xo

16 Amanda August 19, 2009 at 2:14 pm

HAHA my dog does that too! He has a huuuge crate in our garage, and last week we came home to all 3 of our dogs just roaming in the garage and house. He had escaped his cage and opened the door into the house. CRAZY!

17 runeatrepeat August 19, 2009 at 2:22 pm

Make sure you leave her a blanket or shirt in her crate that smells like you. Maybe this will at least stall her from trying to get out and get to you for a bit :)

18 dailygoods August 19, 2009 at 2:26 pm

ah meghann that puppy faceeee. doesn’t get better than that :) what a sweetie.

19 bobbi August 19, 2009 at 2:35 pm

you are eating one of my favortie lunches!!!!! Doggies are soooo smart!

20 Kathleen August 19, 2009 at 2:35 pm

Lol, she is too adorable…we gave up crating out 4lb chihuahua because she was a rescue and she would Hoooowl when she was crated…apparently she wasn’t as clever as your baby!

21 Pam August 19, 2009 at 2:53 pm

But how cute is that little face?? I bet you didn’t get too upset with her!

22 Sarah R August 19, 2009 at 2:58 pm

Sometimes the pups are too smart for their own good! Our’s likes to flip up the latch on the gate outside so she can roam. Not particularly a good thing!

23 Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) August 19, 2009 at 3:06 pm

Aww, so cute! I kept thinking my dog would figure out how to open her crate too but she hasn’t yet ;-)

24 Andrea August 19, 2009 at 3:08 pm

She is so cute. My puppy was an escape artist too except her went through the top his crate!

25 Shannon August 19, 2009 at 3:13 pm

bahahha. that is TOO CUTE.

26 Meredith August 19, 2009 at 3:22 pm

haha, my boxer used to escape from his crate. we even put padlocks on it and he still got out. i always wanted to catch it on hidden camera because it makes no sense how it is even possible for a 75# dog to get out of a padlocked crate! love dogs :)

27 Ryan @ Greens for Good August 19, 2009 at 3:22 pm

Haha, that’s way too funny cute! She’s adorable :D

28 Nicole (dishin') August 19, 2009 at 3:35 pm

Lunch looks so good. I love making a little assortment for lunch sometimes too! Look at that puppy face. So cute!

29 Shannon August 19, 2009 at 3:37 pm

Hi Meghann! I’m finally getting up the nerve to venture into this world of blogging and thought I’d say hello, as I have been lurking around reading for quite some time. I have serious puppy envy looking at that picture of Maddie. This was the summer we were to get a dog, but we moved to a new apartment and our 2 kitties fill the pet quota. Next year for sure! I’ll be continuing to read…now I’ll just feel like less of an eavesdropper!

30 indieconquers (Run Study Eat) August 19, 2009 at 3:40 pm

Puppies geniuses!

31 Jessica August 19, 2009 at 3:41 pm

Maddie is adorable. She totally has that guilty face my puppy gives me too when he knows he’s been a bad boy :)

32 Hangry Pants August 19, 2009 at 3:52 pm

haha – thanks. you can just call be the Swag Dealer.

33 Nicole August 19, 2009 at 4:12 pm

She is so cute!!!!

34 nomagicjeanie August 19, 2009 at 5:19 pm

that Okra is so pretty, but do you just eat it plain and raw like a carrot? Does it taste like a pepper or asparagus?
Very curious!!! :)
Thanks!

35 sarah (ghost world) August 19, 2009 at 6:12 pm

lunch looks delicious! and i can’t wait to break into my Oh Nuts.

36 Kathy (Moving Beyond Perfection) August 19, 2009 at 6:48 pm

so jealous of all that swag! and i love your tasting plate :) those are so fun to eat! crunch crunch crunch!

37 Susan August 19, 2009 at 7:07 pm

Wonderful looking snack plate! That’s one of my favourite ways to eat lunch :)

Also, dogs are so hard to get mad at when they give you that cute look!! :P

38 Veronica August 19, 2009 at 7:28 pm

My dog Taco breaks out all the time. If it wasn’t so funny (and if he wasn’t potty trained!) it would be annoying but I just laugh. Maddie is so cute!!!

39 Meg August 19, 2009 at 8:27 pm

Maddie is so cute!!

40 Katrina (gluten free gidget) August 19, 2009 at 9:28 pm

Dickens magically appears out of his crate/gate all the time too! Crazy puppies!

41 Angie (Losing It and Loving It) August 19, 2009 at 10:54 pm

Oh my gosh hilarious about the escape artist!

All of your pictures of okra really have me interested. I like frozen okra but never have tried fresh. One day!

42 Becky August 19, 2009 at 11:30 pm

Your lunch looks delish and has inspired me to take a veggie crunch lunch with some hummus! I can’t wait!

Your pups is so cute! The only thing that works on our crate is 2 automotive clips (from the hardware store). The pups is so much safer in the crate-why don’t THEY understand that? heeheeee….some are too smart for their own good!