Exhausted!

by Meghann on August 17, 2009

I don’t even think the word exhausted can even cover the way I feel. After a weekend filled to the brim with fun activities that kept me constantly on the go, I am ready to just sit back and relax. Unfortunately, duty calls and here I am at work back to reality.

I promise to fit in a few minutes of rest in this evening, as soon as I take care of unpacking the suitcase that exploded in my living room last night. Not quite sure how what happened. 😉

IMG_0360

This morning I decided to skip any form of exercise and slept in until after 7:00 am. It still did not feel like quite enough.

My fridge is once again pretty empty for breakfast items so I chopped an Apple I had grabbed at the airport last night and heated it in the microwave for a minute with cinnamon and one of my new Barney Butter Packets I got in my swag bag.

IMG_0345 (14)

I mixed my warm apples with this sample packet of cereal I got the other weekend in Tampa.

IMG_0341

It felt so great to get back to my normal breakfast routine. I miss cereal dearly when I’m away on vacay. I am just sad my fridge was yogurtless, I need to fix that problem ASAP!

IMG_0343

As filling as my breakfast appears, it didn’t hold me over very well. Around 9:00am my tummy started to grumble. I held off for 30 minutes and drank some peppermint tea, but it was dying for food.

I broke out another sample packet from Tampa the other weekend, only this time it was a generous serving of yummy trail mix.

IMG_0347

I ate about half the bag to tide me over until lunch.

IMG_0348 (11)

I loved the little chocolate chips in the mix. You can never go wrong with a little chocolate thrown in with your nuts. 😉

It’s funny after all the wonderful amounts of food this past weekend you think I would be tired of eating, but for some reason I have just been hungry all day. The nuts worked for an hour, but then I was hungry all over again. Hmmm… I guess it’s just one of those days.

I rushed out for lunch on the earlier side and tried to piece something together with what was available in my fridge.

IMG_0349

I discovered some Taboule that was still edible and paired it with raw Kale and some Hummus in a Whole Wheat Pita.

IMG_0354

I am really starting to appreciate the chewiness that is raw kale. I believe I am the only one who actually enjoys eating it this way. 🙂

I needed a vegetable badly and discovered some okra in my produce drawer.

IMG_0353 (6)

I ate the two pieces of okra as is and could have easily ate a whole plate of them. I am CRAVING veggies like a mad woman and need to stock up ASAP.

Last night on the plane I knew I wanted a bad of the wonderful Terra Blue Potato chips I had enjoyed on the way to Boston, but wasn’t in the mood to eat them then. Instead I saved them for lunch today.

IMG_0355

IMG_0356 (5)

I’m not really a potato chip fan in general, but these are pretty amazing. Thank you Jet Blue!

I still felt hungry when I finished my plate, so I snuck two dried apricots from my HLS swag bag to nibble on.

IMG_0358 (3)

Nom, Nom, Nom

My Healthy Living Summit Experience….

My highlights of the weekend:

• Finally having the 6 committee members together – I miss them already!
  • Our 7 course lunch at Small Plates – YUM!!
  • Boozing and Schmoozing at the Friday night Cocktail Hour
  • Swag Bags!
  • Running along the Charles river multiple times
  • Seeing everything we worked so hard for finally come together!!
  • Meeting some of my favorite bloggers in person – sorry if I embarrassed anyone with my enthusiastic hugs and emotional outbursts of love
  • Exploring Boston
  • …. can I just say the whole weekend was one big highlight in my life?!?! 😉

When Caitlin, Tina, Kath, Jenna, Heather and I set out to plan the Healthy Living Summit 6 months ago we honestly were not looking to make a big production. We were looking for a venue so we could all hang out in a fun city for a weekend with some of our favorite bloggers and it grew from there. Before we knew it we were planning a full scale summit and the excitement of it flowed through all of us.

Now the summit has come and gone I can truly appreciate the whirlwind of an experience it was. I tried my hardest to take it all in, but it went to quickly. I met some truly lovely people and am bummed for the ones I missed the chance to meet. I promise I tried my hardest to say Hello to everyone in attendance, but with 125 people it was a bit tough. If I never introduced myself I am truly sorry and please forgive me.

This was our first attempt at trying to plan an event like this and I promise we tried our hardest. I understand there are things that could have been done differently and these were all items we were discussing yesterday. An anonymous survey will go out sometime today or tomorrow for feed back on the summit  and if you were watching on live stream we would love some constructive criticism. Please feel free to e-mail me with any likes or dislikes you picked up on.

We are asking all bloggers in attendance to post a link to their recaps to the events at the Healthy Living Summit Blog here. It has been very interesting to see everyone’s points of view. I encourage everyone to check them out.

What I’ve learned from planning this summit is how great and enthusiastic this blogging community is. From the 6 committee members, to the 125 bloggers & readers in attendance to everyone who watched live stream at home, everyone seriously rocks.

1 Leianna August 17, 2009 at 1:24 pm

Nice suitcase explosion, typical after vacation scene! Glad your weekend was awesome and look forward to maybe next years!

2 Allie Katie August 17, 2009 at 1:29 pm

Congratulations on a great event! I’m glad everyone had a good time. Sorry about the suitcase mess, that always happens to me!

3 jentrinque August 17, 2009 at 1:31 pm

I watched quite a bit of the summit at home from my computer, which was pretty cool. Maybe I’ll get to come to one sometime, it sure looked like fun!

4 Lizzy August 17, 2009 at 1:36 pm

I hate coming home from vacations because A-that means you have to go back to reality, and B-because there is never food in the house. but congrats again on the summit! you girls did awesome 🙂

5 Natalie August 17, 2009 at 1:38 pm

great recap and props to you for recognizing that sleep was more important than exercise…not to mention that a day off does the body good! 🙂

6 Whit August 17, 2009 at 1:40 pm

hahaha, I love the den picture. Am I the only one finding it hard to unpack and get back to work? I just want to read blogs all day.

7 Ali August 17, 2009 at 1:47 pm

HAHAHA! That picture looks like my house too, and I didn’t even really Travel since I live in Boston, just too busy to pick up! You guys did an amazing job, you ought to be very proud! It was great meeting you!!!!

8 Katie August 17, 2009 at 1:43 pm

Yum! Your breakfast looks yummy. Thanks for inspiring my afternoon snack!

9 nicole August 17, 2009 at 1:50 pm

i so want to go next year even though i am very new to the blog world it would be amazing to go to the ext one!

10 Quinn August 17, 2009 at 1:55 pm

I loved watching it at home, but it definitely would have been so much cooler to be a part of it all! Every minute looked amazing! Hope you settle back into “real” life soon!

11 Erica August 17, 2009 at 1:56 pm

So glad that the summit turned out to be everything you had imagined and more! Fabulous!!! It is soooo hard to get back to regular life after trips (especially activity packed ones!). Hope you get lots of rest tonight

12 Emily Eats August 17, 2009 at 1:57 pm

I love how you post the truth that is your apartment right now! I think we’ve all been there 🙂 I watched most of the summit via the live stream. I’ll have a think and send you my thoughts.
Happy veggie buying!

13 Traci August 17, 2009 at 2:03 pm

Honestly, you girls should be very proud. For the first event you all planned it went extremely well. Strong work and congrats.

14 Jess August 17, 2009 at 2:12 pm

Congrats on the success of the Summit ! I was not in attendance but I was able to watch most of it via livestream. You have a contagious enthusiasm for health and fitness and I really admire all your hard work. I hope you enjoy the rest of your day and find some time to rest!

15 Holly August 17, 2009 at 2:33 pm

I enjoyed watching it live!!

16 Melissa August 17, 2009 at 2:41 pm

nom nom was my exact reaction to the apricots, the only sway I have sampled so far. How is it possible they are so good?

I have to say, in the brief time we had, you made me feel so special and welcome, I can’t thank you enough.

17 Laura August 17, 2009 at 2:42 pm

I watched some of the summit from my computer….I only caught the end and I look forward to catching up later today. My only request: Can we have a summit on the West coast?! I would be so excited to attend! =]

18 nomagicjeanie August 17, 2009 at 2:55 pm

Meghann,

I just wanted to say that I watched the live stream all day on Saturday from my home in Ohio. Because of the efforts of all of you that planned the blog I wanted to start my own, which I did this morning!

I have a goal and that is to run everymorning with the 5K group at the next blog summit.

I am not a runner, and I anticipate quite a few months or a year until HLS2 debuts and I feel that is the perfect amount of time to condition myself to knock out a 5k.

Thank you so much for your inspiring blog, and for planning such a cool weekend (and letting us who didn’t get a ticket “virtually” attend!)
Jean

19 Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) August 17, 2009 at 3:01 pm

Wow – 7:00 is sleeping in!!! You must accomplish so much in your average day! For me, getting up at 7 is getting up WAY too early 🙂 Haha, I hate unpacking after vacations … it is no fun at all!

20 Erin August 17, 2009 at 3:03 pm

Meghann, I saw on Caitlin’s blog that we are birthday twins! Woo hoo February 8!

I always knew I liked you 😉

And yes, kudos on the Summit!! I watched online and it was amazing! I loved seeing all the photos from bloggers – and even met some new bloggers while watching/chatting from the online stream. Awesome job!

21 Brandi August 17, 2009 at 3:14 pm

i always seem to be super hungry after a trip! I don’t know why.

i’m glad you guys are pretty happy with how everything went, especially since it was the first one!

i’m really hoping I’m able to come the one next year so I can meet all the bloggers that I can!

22 Monica C. August 17, 2009 at 3:28 pm

Congratulations on your summit. Not only was it a huge success, but you really seemed to be able to relax a bit (I know, not really) and enjoy yourself, which was great!

23 Rose August 17, 2009 at 4:07 pm

Great note! You should know that I am still freaking out over this swag bag. I’ve never SEEN such a thing.

For all of you having full-time or part-time jobs, I don’t know how you did it on the side like that in your free time, and I commend you for that. It had to have taken SO much outside of your normal day – that is evident!

24 Nicole C. August 17, 2009 at 4:21 pm

Just wanted to say thank you for a wonderful weekend, Meghann! Loved that shot of your suitcase sprawled out on your living room floor – too funny! Hope you enjoyed Boston as much as we enjoyed having you here.
Take care,
Nicole

25 Haleigh August 17, 2009 at 4:38 pm

It is always somewhat disappointing to come back to reality after a fun trip. You ladies did an amazing job planning the event, I wish I could have been there! Perhaps next time 🙂

xoxo

26 lifeafterbagels August 17, 2009 at 4:54 pm

Hi Meghann

I really enjoyed being able to watch back video from the conference. The only thing about the videos is that some of them are not complete or will stop half way through. Is anyone else having that problem???

I would love to see whole segments. It was so informative, especially since I’m juuuuuuuust in the process of getting my own blog up and running.

27 ksgoodeats August 17, 2009 at 6:40 pm

Congratulations on the success of the summit! It sounds like it was a hit – I’ve been reading a lot of positive reviews 🙂

28 Meg August 17, 2009 at 8:01 pm

So many yummy foods!

Congrats on the Summit being a success. I am sad I missed it, but was sure excited to be able to watch it from home! I refuse to miss it next year!

29 traveleatlove August 17, 2009 at 8:04 pm

I enjoyed meeting you on Saturday morning. It’s always nice to meet another Meghan(n)! I hope you get some good rest and relaxation in this week!

30 Sarah August 17, 2009 at 9:22 pm

Isn’t it amazing how your body just craves vegetables? I haven’t eaten as many as I usually do and all I’m really craving right now is a big old salad.