more ยป" />

Our Boston Experience

by Meghann on August 16, 2009

Check out my suitcase.

It was tough but I managed to squeeze all my swag in my bag. Luckily I had brought a little larger suit case just for this very occasion. I am also thankful that Jet Blue will check your first bag with no charge.

For the first time this weekend I was surprised I was able to sleep in until my alarm went off at 6:45 this morning. I have been up with the sunrise all week, but I guess my body was just craving to sleep this morning.

As a final farewell for the Healthy Living Summit, we organized a final group run along the Charles River.

A BIG THANKS to Meghan for offering up 1/2 a Clif Z-Bar before the run.

I didn’t think I was hungry, but right before the run I was starving and Meghan saved the day!!

We split into a 5k group and 6 milers.

I joined the 6 milers. I realize I have been running quite a bit this weekend, but it’s just too beautiful not to. I could run along this river forever.

We started out a bit fast, but eventually our pace evened out.

I LOVE running in groups. I jumped around from person to person chatting away. Running is the perfect way to get to know people.

After our run we showered, packed, then headed out for a casual Sunday brunch.

I love how walkable Boston Is. In Orlando you can’t go anywhere without a car. I feel like you don’t even need a car here.

Loving the exclusive Healthy Living Summit T-shirts!!

Our crowd took over Finagel a Bagel, but I am happy to report everything moved smoothly.

We took our bagels and found some shade under a tree in Boston Common for a brunch picnic.

I had the Fruit Salad and Vegetable Omlette Bagel on Sesame Wheat.

I asked for no cheese on the bagel and really enjoyed it. However, I was picking sesame seeds out of my teeth the rest of the day. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Hangry Heather and Hangry Mark are too cute together.

We said our good byes to some really lovely ladies and continued to explore Boston.

Thank you to Nasoya for sponsoring our Boston Experience today! The rest of the day would not have been possible with out their wonderful support.

You know we HAD to make a trip to Trader Joe’s a priority. ๐Ÿ˜‰

The Floridians weren’t the only ones going nuts, Chandra and Melissa were just as excited to participate in out Trader Joe’s adventure.

We agreed living so far away from TJ’s is sinful!

It was hard but I managed to leave with only the ‘essentials.’ Including Peanut Butter Filled Pretzels and the Chocolate Covered kind! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Next stop… J.P. Licks!!!

I’ve been looking forward to this all weekend!! Our flight arrived too late fro the HLS meet up on Thursday and I’m happy no one minded making a second trip.

I ordered a small Chocolate Chip Cookie/ Peanut Butter swirl.

YUMMY!!!! It was light and refreshing and perfect on a hot summer day.

The eight of us spent the rest of the morning shopping on Newberry Street.

IMG_0424.JPG IMG_0429.JPG

We believed these dresses were better suited as nightgowns.

Love this skirt, but didn’t feel like paying the $$ for it. Soo cute though!

Kath and Tina led us to Scoozie for a light lunch.

My Sister and I split the Greek Salad.

And the Tomato & Basil Panini.

My portion.

I also tried a piece of bread with a slather of spicy garlic butter.

Very garlicy.

When we returned back to the hotel it was finally time to say good bye with one final Healthy Living Summit Committee group photo.

Thank you to Jenna, Tina, Heather, Kath and Caitlin for being nothing, but beautiful, amazing women this entire weekend. We had nothing but success thanks to everyone’s hard work and dedication to our little ‘get together.’

I am happy to report all morning we were already in talks with details of next year’s summit. We have big plans and I can’t wait to start seeing them through. Stay tuned! ๐Ÿ˜‰

While everyone else was super productive with blogging and organizing in our 2 hour downtime before our flight, I immediately crashed. I never nap, but boy did my body need it! I apologize for not getting a post up earlier, but I hope everyone can understand. This weekend has been a lot of hard work and as much fun as it’s been I’m looking forward to a little rest.

I awoke from my nap feeling dehydrated and a little snacky. I walked to Satrbucks and purchased a venti unsweetened Passion Fruit Ice Tea.

It went down way to quick. I feel like I could just keep chugging water until the cows come home and still not be satisfied.

Lindsey had won these amazing Almond Butter Apricot Cookie balls in the Bake Sale yesterday and had graciously give me a few.

It tasted like pure Almond Butter I loved it!

Around 6:00 we said our final good byes to Kath and made our way to the airport for our late flight home.

I found it amusing when I was going through security there was a small jar of Barney Butter in the discarded liquids trash can. Sadly, it must have been snatched from a Healthy Living Summit attendee. I wonder if the security personnel understood just how valuable that little jar of nut butter really is. ๐Ÿ™‚

We were hoping to find a decent dinner in the Logan airport, but it was slim pickins. We settled on Wolfgang Puck Express and I ordered the Smoked Salmon Pizza which was essentially a lox & bagel in pizza form.

It was surprisingly tasty. I ate all of it but a few pieces of the crust.

It feels good to finally have a chance to blog on the plane.

We arrive pretty late in O-town, but I hope to hit publish as soon as we land. Until then I’m trying to stay as hydrated as possible with some Club Soda.

Mmm…. bubbles.

Tomorrow I hope to do a whole reflection post on my experience with the summit, I feel like I have not been able to go into too many details in my marathon length posts and that I am leaving so much out. This weekend has been nothing but incredible and I just can not believe it’s over. I’ve met so many amazing people and made 125 great friends.

I can not say thank you enough to the hundreds of people out there to thank for making this a success. So instead of drawing on and on to everyone personally, I will end this post with a simple send off.

Thank You and Good Night!

1 Julia August 16, 2009 at 11:29 pm

What an amazing day! And thanks for a great recap! I can’t wait to hear where next year’s summit will be so that I can try to attend…(crossing fingers for Cali!).
Have a great Monday!

2 Nina August 16, 2009 at 11:31 pm

yay Meghann! I’m so glad you had a great time in boston!

3 Mara @ What's For Dinner? August 17, 2009 at 12:10 am

Glad you had such a great time!!!

4 bobbi August 17, 2009 at 12:20 am

I loved following your journey not going to lie I was a little, a LOT jelouse!!!! Hey and just to let you know I am planning another Ragner Relay Race, not that You have time to think about that right now ๐Ÿ˜‰ Love ya girl, way to ROCK it in BOSTON!

5 Lizzy August 17, 2009 at 12:22 am

So glad you had a wonderful time! i mean how could you not right? ๐Ÿ™‚

6 trinichiqn August 17, 2009 at 12:46 am

I wasn’t able to attend but I loved following everything on Live Stream and twitter and the various blogs so thank you too.

7 Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) August 17, 2009 at 1:14 am

Wow – that is a lotta swag!! That’s enough to make me want to sign up for next years summit right now!! I wish I could have made it this year – looks like you all had such a great time!!! I hope there is one next year, because I will venture to wherever it is in order to partake!

8 Kathy (Moving Beyond Perfection) August 17, 2009 at 1:37 am

The Summit sounded amazing! I really hope I can be there for the one next year – what a bummer that I was in nyc this year since I’m usually in boston! Anyway, thanks for getting me all excited to go running along the charles again ๐Ÿ™‚ i love it!

9 Emily Eats August 17, 2009 at 3:43 am

Congratulations on such a great event – your hard work really paid off! You have also ensured that Boston has arrived on my list of places to visit.
Happy resting, you deserve it ๐Ÿ™‚

10 Kiki (Run Kiki Run) August 17, 2009 at 6:07 am

you guys are very inspiring! maybe next year you can hold the summit in europe so I can attend too? haha – just an idea! x

11 Ada August 17, 2009 at 6:59 am

Awww, it looks like the summit was absolutely amazing! You guys did SUCH an incredible job!!!

12 megan August 17, 2009 at 7:48 am

I really enjoyed hearing about the summit via everyone’s blogs and watching on the livestream. I’m glad you’re already planning the next one because I definitely need to go next year!!

13 Bridget August 17, 2009 at 7:54 am

Awww looks like you guys had an awesome day…wish I could of been there! I was sweating up a storming moving into the new house! Also I need to get to H&M asap…that skirt is calling my name! So glad you loved Boston…maybe you’ll be back soon!

14 Sarah August 17, 2009 at 8:07 am

I LOVE being able to walk everywhere as well! Looks like you got the most out of your last day in town!

15 Madelin August 17, 2009 at 8:25 am

Ohh wow your food today looks awesome!! Especially that pizza!

16 Deva@Vorilee August 17, 2009 at 8:50 am

It looks like you had an excellent time. I was unable to attend this year, but watched as much as I could live and learned so much from zesty! I also got a great idea from Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point during the chat ๐Ÿ™‚

17 runeatrepeat August 17, 2009 at 9:04 am

I am super bummed that I couldn’t attend the HLS. That swag is amazing!

18 lilveggiepatch August 17, 2009 at 9:10 am

That lunch place looks so cute! Is that an ice cream SCOOP of feta? Yum!

Thanks again for a wonderful weekend. Nice to finally meet you!

19 Meg August 17, 2009 at 9:12 am

What a fun and beautiful day! I am glad everything went well and that you all had an amazing weekend!

I HAVE to make it to the HLS next year!!!!!

20 MarathonVal August 17, 2009 at 9:14 am

Looks like you guys did a fabulous job planning! Wish I could have made it there!

Also, I’m giving away a SpiBelt (running belt with pouch) on my blog (just moved from blogspot to http://www.ChicagoMarathonVal.com) if you are interested ๐Ÿ™‚ I LOVE my spibelt and it’s awesome for long runs!!!!

21 brandi August 17, 2009 at 9:27 am

glad you got back safely! i can’t wait to read your recap of the weekend.

22 Whit August 17, 2009 at 9:35 am

Great meeting you! Hopefully we shall meet again. Maybe next year at HLS ’10? ๐Ÿ™‚

23 Jesse August 17, 2009 at 9:37 am

THANKS SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING THIS WEEKEND! You ladies did a great job!

Your TJ’s craze cracks me up! I offered to be a mail-delivery-service if there is something you just can’t live without! We can swap for fun things you may have down in FL! I’m guessing it might be the pretzels…

Talk soon! Thanks again!

24 Niki August 17, 2009 at 9:38 am

What a great day! So glad ya’ll got home safely! I am glad your event turned out so successful!! Maybe next year I will be able to go:)

25 Melissa August 17, 2009 at 9:40 am

what an awesome day and great photos!

26 leslie August 17, 2009 at 9:54 am

thanks for all your hard work this weekend! it was great to chat with you, even just for a few minutes! ๐Ÿ™‚

27 Andee (Runtolive) August 17, 2009 at 9:57 am

Loved reading about all your recaps! Sounded like a great weekend, can’t wait to hear more about next year’s event!

28 jentrinque August 17, 2009 at 10:04 am

I don’t have TJ’s near me, either! Looks like you had so much fun this weekend!

29 haya August 17, 2009 at 10:10 am

my luggage looked kind of like that! i definitely did not tell the whole truth on my customs card that asked if i was bringing any nuts, fruits or seeds into the country
๐Ÿ˜‰
shhhhhh

thanks for a fabulous weekend. i can’t believe how awesome the conference was. it was great to meet you. hope to be in FL sometime in the nearish future, so maybe we will meet up again.

30 Tammy Eros August 17, 2009 at 10:10 am

Do you have to be a blogger to attend the Summit? It sounds awesome!

31 Sheri August 17, 2009 at 10:40 am

That was a great recap! Congratulations on such an awesome and successful Summit! I really hope that I can attend next year!

32 Ali August 17, 2009 at 10:53 am

Hey Meghann! I am totally stealing the sweaty post-run picture from you. And…making it my background on my lap top. I was so jealous that you guys went to Trader Joe’s, I ended up going after seeing Julie and Julia with my mom!

33 Kelly L. August 17, 2009 at 11:24 am

Meghann,

Do you know the nutritional information on your Starbucks tea? I can’t find the unsweetened ones on their website.

34 MizFit August 17, 2009 at 11:31 am

LOVE the post.
thanks for making the time to share all the details and PICS!

35 Pam August 17, 2009 at 11:35 am

Wow! Look at that suitcase – that’s awesome. Congrats on a successful summit! Glad you enjoyed Boston. I’m sorry I didn’t have the opportunity to meet you!

36 courtlove111 August 17, 2009 at 11:44 am

It looks like a Trader Joes/Whole Foods exploded in your suitcase!!! So jealous!

Looks like the experience was amazing…great job!

Courtney
Adventures in Tri-ing

37 Meg C. August 17, 2009 at 12:06 pm

glad you guys made it to TJ’s! maybe someday they will open one in Orlando… it’s possible!

38 Julie August 17, 2009 at 12:17 pm

I’m so glad you had a blast in my home town! I can’t wait for the next summit, I will definitly go. The swag looks awesome!!

39 biz319 August 17, 2009 at 12:35 pm

Sounds like everything went smoothly – good job!!

40 broccolihut August 17, 2009 at 12:48 pm

Wow! Looks like you all had an amazing Sunday. The run, your bagel, the SKIRT all look fabulous! Wish my flight home hadn’t been so early. Have a great week:)

41 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) August 17, 2009 at 1:24 pm

So glad you got to try my Almond Butter bites! I just made up the recipe a couple days beforehand so I wasn’t sure if people would like them!

I’m so glad I got to meet you this weekend–to finally.

PS I’m pretty sure that Barney Butter in the TRASH was MINE!!! I begged and pleaded. No such luck. I hope a lucky homeless person finds it and enjoys every last bite.

42 Katie August 17, 2009 at 1:46 pm

Looks like such a good (and yummy!) weekend!!!

43 Holly August 17, 2009 at 1:48 pm

I really, really hope I can go to the next one. Bring it to California! Sonoma County – wine country! I know Caitlin and Kath loved it here. ๐Ÿ˜‰

44 Evan Thomas August 17, 2009 at 7:24 pm

If youve never had TJ salted almond butter before, I can tell you you’re in for a real treat

45 Ania August 18, 2009 at 7:28 pm

Hey Meghann!

It was nice to meet you this past weekend at the summit! Thanks for the sympathy regarding my bagel fight at Finagle Bagel! haha…..

46 Jess August 18, 2009 at 10:31 pm

Glad the Summit was such a success! You girls rock!

47 Scott August 19, 2009 at 1:03 am

Hi Meghann, congratulations on a job well done with the Healthy Living Summit. I’ve been reading all the recaps and it looks like it was an amazing weekend! All made possible by the incredible hard work put in by the six of you! Well done!