more ยป" />

Healthy Living Summit 2009

by Meghann on August 15, 2009

6 months, a gazillion e-mails, dozens of conference calls and 5 new best friends later The Healthy Living Summit arrived today!!

I felt like I was releasing my baby to the world. Last night was easy give a big group of girls access to a bar and lots of good food and you’re set, but today all eyes were on us. I just hope everyone had a great time listening, learning and interacting today. I’m sure they enjoyed all the free swag as well. (I know I did! ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

The morning Kath, Caitlin and I decided a good run was needed so we could de-stress before the summit began. We did a quick 30 minute run to the water in the way. It was exciting along the way to run into fellow bloggers and readers who were attending the conference.

After a quick shower it was time to work!

As soon as the 8:00am hour hit we had a steady stream of attendees flow in.

A big thanks to my Sister and Megan for helping us out with registration.

It was definitely a team effort signing all 125 attendees in.

Each attendee was handed an official Healthy Living Summit T-Shirt provided by the wonderful people at Stonyfield. The shirts are made from a very soft organic cotton.

Of course there were also swag bags!!

Each bag was filled to the brim with amazing goodies provided by a couple dozen of our wonderful product sponsors. The bags contained everything from free coupons to personalized packets of Barney Butter.

I took a break from signing people in to enjoy our Oikos Yogurt and MixMyGranola Breakfast bar.

IMG_0170.JPG IMG_0171.JPG IMG_0172.JPG

I went to bed dreaming of this. I LOVE granola and yogurt. ๐Ÿ™‚

We also had tons of yummy pastries and fruit

Sarah from Stonyfield had informed me the brand new Strawberry Flavor was available for grabs, so I made sure to grab one. I have been looking for the strawberry flavor at my local Publix, but they haven’t quite made there way to my area yet.

I made a breakfast plate of Strawberry Oikos, Fresh Fruit, 1/2 a Cinnamon Pastry and an assortment of MixMyGranola.

At 9:00am sharp the main room started to fill up and the fun began!

Our Committee Introductions.

Seriously these ladies rock! This whole summit was planned through e-mails and if weren’t for everyone’s complete dedication and know how this would never have happened.

I’ll admit I was a little nervous speaking in front of such a large crowd, but I got the hang of it. ๐Ÿ™‚

I led the first Ice Breaker game of Human Bingo.

Each attendee was given a board and had to find a fellow attendee to sign their name on which square they represent. I.E. I would go up to Caitlin and ask her to sign her name on the “Has Ran a Half or Full Marathon Square.”

Congrats to our winners Jessie and Amiee!

Janel Orvut, MS RD LDN was our first speaker.

She gave a very informative presentation about the practicality of good nutrition and how to incorporate it in everyone’s daily life. I learned alot and enjoyed listening to everything she had to say.

After a quick break was Blogging 101 led by Zesty Cook.

Everyone in the room was taking plenty of notes. Zest gave great advice on blog hosting, advertising, content and google optimization.

I made sure to tweet all the happenings along the way.

For lunch we had a build your own sandwich buffet.

I made a Turkey Sandwich on Whole Wheat Bread with Haverti Cheese, Tomato, Cucumber, Lettuce and Mustard. On the side I had Potato Salad Grilled Veggies, and a Pickle.

For dessert there was a lovely assortment of fruit.

Roomie Shot!

I was happy to share a conversation with Sammie at lunch. Today is actually her 30th birthday!!! Happy Birthday Sammie!!

After lunch our keynote speaker, Regina Beilder too the stage.

Regina is an Organic Dairy Farmer who is very passionate about organic food. My favorite quote from her was when an attendee member asked Regina if she felt bad eating the cows she raised and she compared it to having a garden. When you grow a tomato in a garden you feel so proud of yourself for putting all this work into this little tomato and caring for it since it was a seedling, that it ends up being the best tasting tomato. Regina feels the same way with her cows. After putting all the effort raising her cows, she feels very accomplished and she says her meat tastes fabulous.

Caitlin took over after Regina with an Operation Beautiful inspired presentation.

Each attendee was instructed to write something that they love about themselves both inside and out.

The notecards were collected and three prizes were randomly drawn.

The two runner ups received fabulous Amy’s Kitchen Soup gift boxes.

IMG_0271.JPG IMG_0274.JPG

And the winner was awarded a $300 Athleata Gift Card.

Thank you to POM for sponsoring our juice break.

With my POM juice I had a Glo Bar.

Sooooo Goood!!!

The rest of the afternoon flew by with a collective group presentation of Fitness for Everyone. Before we knew it the summit was over and it was time to say our good byes. ๐Ÿ™

A big THANKS to Hangry Mark for running our Live Stream all day.

Were you watching from home??

Also thank you to Zesty Cook for all his help along the way.

And of course thanks again to Stonyfield and FoodBuzz!

Throughout the conference Caitlin ran a fabulous Bake Sale in Support of her Team in Training efforts.

I was super excited to win Whit’s Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes.

Of course I had one when I got back to my room. Yum!!!!!

Now some more fun is planned for tonight. I think we are going to have a smaller crowd which I am looking forward to. The one problem with such a large group is I did not get enough one on on time with people. ๐Ÿ™

THANK YOU AGAIN TO EVERYONE WHO CAME TO THE HELATHY LIVING SUMMIT, WATCHED IT LIVE, OR SUPPORTED US IN ANYWAY. WE LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

1 indieconquers (Run Study Eat) August 15, 2009 at 6:44 pm

Loved watching the live stream! You all did so great and it was awesome flipping back and forth between blogs, tweets and chats to keep up with everything. So jealous of the spread but hopefully you guys do another next year! I will def be there if so!

2 Sarah August 15, 2009 at 7:04 pm

You guys are awesome! I read all your blogs and love them. I love that you all are all so healthy and normal : ) Keep it up!!!!

3 Mel August 15, 2009 at 7:10 pm

Love your blog…It looks like everything went VERY well! You all should be so proud of putting together such an awesome event!

4 Caitlin August 15, 2009 at 7:13 pm

What a great wrap-up post of the afternoon! Thanks so much for having the live-stream available for those of us that could not attend!! Cute outfit btw ๐Ÿ™‚

5 Maria August 15, 2009 at 7:20 pm

So fantastic! I loved watching the live stream today.

Next year, expect a contingent of Canadian bloggers.

PS: Is anyone going to uncover what was in those massive loot bags? ๐Ÿ˜‰

6 Justy2003 August 15, 2009 at 7:27 pm

Looks like a great time…you all did a fabulous job of pulling this together! I really enjoyed watching the talks at home since I couldn’t be in Boston. Congrats!

7 Angie All The Way August 15, 2009 at 7:39 pm

You girls did a fabulous job, I was glued to my computer all day! lol I was majorly impressed at the awesome content throughout!

8 trinichiqn August 15, 2009 at 7:39 pm

I watched it on the live stream, really bum I couldn’t be there to partake of everything but the live stream was great and I got to chat with some great people and found out about a few “new” blogs that I should check out. You were really great, human bingo is a great ice-breaker that I am definitely going to steal. Can’t wait to see what comes next.

9 Shannon August 15, 2009 at 7:51 pm

Totally watched it. It was really great, you girls should be so proud. Loving your outfit again. ๐Ÿ™‚

10 Gina G August 15, 2009 at 7:51 pm

i watched too! all i have to say is you all are amazing! =D

11 Evan Thomas August 15, 2009 at 7:55 pm

An ice breaker bingo sounds genious. Who came up with that?

12 Angie (Losing It and Loving It) August 15, 2009 at 7:59 pm

I’m a pretty new reader to your blog but wanted to say even though I couldn’t be there for the summit, you did a fabulous job today as I was able to watch portions of it live. THAT was amazing that we could do that. Great pictures and overview of the summit. Hope you’re out having a blast tonight. And I sure hope to attend the next one. Ya’ll outdid yourselves!

13 Bridget August 15, 2009 at 8:12 pm

Perfect recap! I’ll say it again…You guys should be so proud, it was an amazing weekend! I hope you’re all having fun in the North End right now!!! Can’t wait til we can get together and actually hang out. Have fun tomorrow too!

14 KatieMoo August 15, 2009 at 8:20 pm

LOVED IT! Thanks so much, Meghann! And I agree, cute outfit!

15 kayteesays August 15, 2009 at 8:29 pm

I watched online and it was great. You all did a wonderful job.

16 Tracy August 15, 2009 at 8:52 pm

Yes Meghann where did you get that cute skirt??? Love it!

17 Kristin August 15, 2009 at 8:56 pm

Looks like the summit was fabulous! I’m glad it went so well, I hope I can attend next years round =)

18 jocelyneatsfresh August 15, 2009 at 9:05 pm

I thought the live stream was awesome! I basically sat for a good amount of the day watching everything! I especially loved the organic dairy farm talk…lots of good points!

Great job ladies!!

19 Mandy A August 15, 2009 at 9:08 pm

yes… I was actually coming here to find out where you got every piece of your adorable outfit??? ๐Ÿ™‚

20 Mish August 15, 2009 at 9:23 pm

It was so much fun to watch from Australia. Thanks so much for it. Learned tons from Zesty!

21 Jenn (eating bender) August 15, 2009 at 9:59 pm

Congrats, Meghann! I can tell a lot of work went into this day and I am so glad you had fun. You are very well spoken ๐Ÿ™‚

22 Erin August 15, 2009 at 10:03 pm

The live stream was awesome! Thanks for thinking of those of us who couldn’t make it. I’m sure you girls noted how many people were live on the stream – I think at one point it was 230 something! Pretty cool that that many people are so into the idea of a summit!! You should be very proud of yourselves!!

23 Niki August 15, 2009 at 10:45 pm

Glad everything went so well! Congrats on putting together such a well organized and successful event!!

24 Island Girl Eats August 15, 2009 at 10:46 pm

I was lucky enough to watch the live stream. You guys were great! Well done to all of you. It was all so well planned. Maybe next year I will be lucky enough to attend.

25 Paige@ RunningAroundNormal August 15, 2009 at 10:57 pm

You all did a really great job! Sounds like everyone had a great time:) The live stream was great:)

26 Christina August 15, 2009 at 11:01 pm

Aww it looks like such a good time. Wish I could have been there! Great job!

27 Nina August 15, 2009 at 11:48 pm

Meghann, Thank you so much for putting together this Summit with the other ladies. It was such a blast meeting you! I cannot wait for HLS 2010!

28 Sarah August 16, 2009 at 12:06 am

Thank you so much for all of your hard work. It definitely showed today as the summit was wonderful!

29 Emily Eats August 16, 2009 at 2:56 am

Thank you for doing the live stream! It was fun to tune in throughout my day. It looks like everything went so well. Have a great day in Boston today ๐Ÿ™‚

30 Lizzy August 16, 2009 at 9:08 am

such a success! ๐Ÿ™‚

31 StonyfieldSarah August 16, 2009 at 7:33 pm

It was great meeting you! You ladies did such a great job with this event, and I’m happy I was able to be a part of it. It was definitely a big success, congrats! Have a safe trip back from Bean Town!

32 Susan August 16, 2009 at 9:15 pm

I watched a lot of it live and loved it!! Seriously great work you guys. Better be happening next year so I can go! ๐Ÿ˜‰

33 broccolihut August 17, 2009 at 12:51 pm

Awesome event! I love the T-shirt–I wore it for my workout yesterday, and it was so soft I didn’t want to take it off!

34 Amelia August 21, 2009 at 8:12 am

It was SO nice to finally meet you at the Summit! The whole weekend was really terrific. You guys did such a great job. And those tshirts were awesome! ๐Ÿ™‚