more ยป" />

I <3 Boston!!!

by Meghann on August 14, 2009

Wow! What a day it has been so far! I feel like it has already been go, go, go and the Healthy Living Summit hasn’t even started yet. I love it!

This morning Caitlin, Kelly and I got up with the sun for our first Boston run.

CIMG7422.JPG

Before we took off the three of us split a White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Luna Bar.

CIMG7426.JPG

We did a leisurely 4.59 mile run to the Charles River and back.

CIMG7430.JPG

CIMG7428.JPG

It was fun to play tourist along the way.

CIMG7433.JPG

Cheers!

CIMG7435.JPG

Unfortunately while trading cameras off there was a slight accident.

CIMG7436.JPG

My camera hit the ground with the lens open. ๐Ÿ™

I fell to the ground in disbelief.

CIMG7437.JPG

Caitlin worked her magic, but it ended up not being able to stay on longer then having the ability to take pictures.

I was crossing my finger’s my camera was going to be ok and continued to take pictures while we met up with the rest of the HLS committee for breakfast.

CIMG7440.JPG

CIMG7445.JPG

Unfortunately most of my pictures didn’t come out. ๐Ÿ™

I did end up with a great picture of my amazing Breakfast Torta Sandwich I ordered.

CIMG7446.JPG

It had Egg, Potatoes, Avocado, Refried Beans and Hot Sauce!!! YUM!!! I could only eat about half and loved every bite.

After breakfast I made the quick decision to head to Best Buy and purchase a brand new camera.

CIMG7450.JPG

Best impulse buy I’ve ever made. The Canon SD1200 is so far AMAZING and totally worth it!!

I felt much better having a new camera and was able to enjoy the rest of my day without the constant nagging in the back of my head.

I made it back to the hotel in time for our meeting with our event staff at the Radisson.

We immediately got to work stuff ing bags.

Check out all the swag!!!

We may or may not have snuck a couple of Angela’s Glo Bars.

I had a half of the classic bar and it was A-MA-ZING! Perfectly Peanut Buttery! ๐Ÿ™‚

We took a break at lunch to explore Boston.

I rode the T for the first time.

I felt like such a tourist but we have no systems like this in Central Florida. ๐Ÿ™‚

The wonderful owners of Small Plates invited us for a sampling lunch.

We were presented with a wonderful 7 course lunch menu with Wine!

Please note I ate about 3/4 or less of everything pictured.

First course: Cheese Plate: Trio of Chef’s Selection with Crostini, Fresh Fruit and Sweet Gelee.

Second Course: Gazpacho.

Third Course: Pissalafiere.

Fourth Course: New Bedford Seared Scallops on Black Sticky Rice with Caper Berries.

Fifth Course: Two Killer B’s: Two flavored packed mini burgers with red cabbage slaw. (My Favorite!!!)

Sixth Course: Jerk Chicken with Tangy Green Tomato Salsa.

Seventh Course: DESSERT (!!)Baby cakes & Confections cupcakes.

Chocolate with Espresso Ganache, Vanilla with Raspberry Filling, and Carrot Cake.

My favorite was the chocolate with espresso ganache.

I enjoyed multiple glasses of Le Droissy Martin Vouvray throughout the meal.

Thank you to Stephanie and Jerome for a FABULOUS meal!!!

We did took a brief tour of Harvard Yard after lunch.

I was stuffed and the walk was great for digesting.

We returned to the hotel and coninuted to stuff swag bags and set up the room. Everything is coming together and the cocktail party is only an hour away. Time to let the fun begin!

1 Susan August 14, 2009 at 6:47 pm

Ha, I saw a pic of the menu at that breakfast place on another blog and the torta caught my eye! It looks fab!

Those are sooo many swag bags to put together. I bet everyone will love them! Have fun tonight ๐Ÿ˜€

2 Derek August 14, 2009 at 7:01 pm

Very proud of you and glad you’re having fun. I’d go nuts trying to coordinate that summit

3 Rosey Rebecca August 14, 2009 at 7:05 pm

The same exact thing happened to my camera..except I wasn’t running…I was drunk on my birthday ๐Ÿ™‚ But I did lay on the ground in the same exact way you did. I think it’s just an automatic response. Glad you’re having fun! I’m so jealous! I love Boston so much!

4 Lindsey (Mrs. LC) August 14, 2009 at 7:13 pm

Ahaha, Meghann, another camera?? I have never known anyone to go through cameras like you do. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Next time you need a new camera get this one:

It’s shock-proof and water-proof! My sister’s boyfriend has one and it actually takes good pictures. But most importantly – it’s shock-proof! ๐Ÿ˜‰

So jealous of all the fun you’re having in Boston!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

5 Jenna August 14, 2009 at 7:15 pm

it looks like you are having an amazing time in boston! glad you got a new camera so we can see all the pics.
“did you pahk the cah in hahvad yahd?” (boston accent)
haha

6 Kristin August 14, 2009 at 7:45 pm

Looks like you’re having so much fun!
Sorry about your camera, but the new pics look fab!

I love Boston too, I’ll be there tomorrow but I SO wish I was at the HLS!!!

xo
K

7 Lizzy August 14, 2009 at 8:08 pm

everything looks amazing! omg:) glad u got to go buy a new camera! yay

8 Leianna August 14, 2009 at 8:15 pm

Those cupcakes look so good!

9 Mandy A August 14, 2009 at 8:35 pm

Sorry about your camera but looks like it worked out for the best in a way!

So loving the recaps and wishing i was there! ๐Ÿ™

10 indieconquers (Run Study Eat) August 14, 2009 at 8:38 pm

Well at least you got a new camera quickly! Can’t wait to watch all the events live!

11 Andee (Runtolive) August 14, 2009 at 8:41 pm

So sorry about your camera. The Canon SD is a great model, I’ve had it for the past 5 years with no problems. Lunch looks lovely!

12 Brandi August 14, 2009 at 8:45 pm

way to go getting the new camera – I hope it works well and you love it ๐Ÿ™‚ enjoy tonight!

13 Niki August 14, 2009 at 8:52 pm

Yum! That lunch looks awesome! Especially the cupcakes!! Great impulse buy!

14 healthyhappyhippiechick August 14, 2009 at 9:36 pm

that food looks awesome! so do the peanut butter bars yum!

15 Katrina (gluten free gidget) August 14, 2009 at 10:31 pm

YAY! I’ve never been to a tapas restaurant. I’m glad you girls are having such a fun time.

16 Emily Eats August 15, 2009 at 3:11 am

Looks like a fantastic time! The run this morning along the Charles River sounds great too – looks so well cared for. Those bags of goodies look great too ~ loved how you’ve included the glo bars ๐Ÿ™‚ I hope all goes well!