Hump Day Friday

by Meghann on August 12, 2009

It’s amazing how great the work day feels when you know its the last one of the week. I swear I have been typing along all day with a huge grin on my face. It’s only a matter of hours now until I can say Adios. 😉

Unfortunately my yummy parfait did not hold me over at well this morning and less then two hours later I was diving for the last of my Trader Joe’s Peanut Butter Pretzels.

CIMG7291

Another bag bites the dust. Good thing I have highlighted on my itinerary for Boston to stake out a Trader Joes.

Third day… same lunch… different presentation.

I combined the Massaged Kale, Taboule, and Hummus to make a lovely salad today.

CIMG7299

I topped it with some Feta Cheese, Baked Tofu and Lavash Bread.

CIMG7296

I think it’s safe to say my taboule craving has officially been crushed!

Thank you for all of your puppy training advice! I’ll admit it’s a bit all overwelming, but there were some very helpful hints in those comments. I promise to keep everyone updated with the process along the way.

I am bringing Maddie to my parent’s house this weekend, so it will be interested to hear how potty training goes on their end as well.

1 Nina August 12, 2009 at 1:34 pm

I heard that if you put the pup near where they just had an accident and have them smell it, something happens. haha, i dont have a puppy and I never did, but i remember one of my friend’s families doing this to their puppy when it used to pee on the carpet. I’m not sure if its a very nice thing to do though…

also, the lunch is delicious. I could eat that every day and not be bored!

2 brandi August 12, 2009 at 1:37 pm

I love stretching leftovers like that!

ah, the summit is going to be so much fun! I’m hoping for another one next year so I can save up to come.

3 Britt August 12, 2009 at 1:38 pm

I know there is a TJ’s in Cambridge that has an ok selection, also one on Boylston St. downtown too! I’m a wino though so I usually do Cambridge since not all the stores carry alcohol. 😉

4 haya August 12, 2009 at 1:43 pm

i’ve got a TJ’s visit on my agenda as well!! there’s one not too far of a walk from the hotel.

5 Meg C. August 12, 2009 at 1:52 pm

The easiest TJ’s for you to get to from the hotel will be the one on Boylston St, but it is rather small and in a basement. For a bigger TJ’s, hit up the Coolidge Corner one. Take the Green C line to Coolidge Corner and it’s right there.

6 indieconquers (Run Study Eat) August 12, 2009 at 1:58 pm

MMM! Looks like you had a good lunch.

7 Jesse August 12, 2009 at 2:20 pm

Yeah, the TJ’s in Coolidge Corner is the best one in the city for sure…

8 Amelia August 12, 2009 at 2:22 pm

Lunch looks great! With all the tabouli you’ve featured now you’ve got me craving it!
So excited for Boston!!! 🙂

9 Meghan August 12, 2009 at 2:37 pm

If you’re going to be on Newbury St. on Thursday, go to the TJs on Boylston. The streets are right next to each other!

10 Amanda August 12, 2009 at 2:44 pm

I agree with Meg C. – TJ’s on Boylston Street is good. It’s a smaller store than the one in Coolidge Corner, but you can stock up on whatever you need!

11 Elina August 12, 2009 at 2:55 pm

We have lots of Trader Joe’s here (including one practically around the corner from JP Licks!) so you can definitely fill up on those pretzels 🙂

12 Elina August 12, 2009 at 2:56 pm

Haha, ok – I guess people already got it covered 😀

13 nutritionbyeve August 12, 2009 at 3:00 pm

lunch looks fantastic. i love all those ingredients!

14 Haleigh August 12, 2009 at 3:11 pm

I love how you take the same stuff and incorporate into different meals- saves time and money! So creative!

15 Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) August 12, 2009 at 3:42 pm

haha, good thing you will be able to get more of those pretzels! I have always wanted to go to a trader joe’s but haven’t made it yet 😉

Good luck with everything this weekend, you gals sure have worked hard!

16 Lizzy August 12, 2009 at 4:37 pm

That salad looks so amazing! and good luck this weekend 🙂

17 Casey @ Double Scooped August 12, 2009 at 5:54 pm

Ijn regards to your previous post, house training is definitely a chore! Practically a part-time job, I’d like to think. My dog, Shea, wasn’t allowed to do her business outside for the first 3 months we had her, so wee-wee pads and newspaper it was!

Dogs usually have a natural instinct to go on padded or soft surfaces, and I feel your pain – Shea thought that every rug, towel, pile of clothes (yuck) she stood on was her own personal toilet. When she did that, we would immediately bring her to the spot she was supposed to go. In regards to learning how to go outside, we were told to move the wee-wee pad closer and closer to the door every-day, until it is practically in front of the door. When it can’t be moved any further, bring it outside and put it down and see if she takes an interest in it and does her business.

Hope that helps 🙂 Can’t wait for Friday!!

18 Nicole C. August 12, 2009 at 6:12 pm

Meghann, you are the QUEEN of remixing leftovers and coming up with new and exciting meals! My hat goes off to you! Can’t wait for this weekend!!!

19 Leianna August 12, 2009 at 6:24 pm

I brought my kitten to my parent’s house everytime we went out of town last year too and she went to the bathroom a couple places she wasn’t supposed to, but Grandma and Grandpa still loved her! Good luck with your puppy training!

20 Andee (Runtolive) August 12, 2009 at 8:21 pm

Thanks for all the great ideas to eat taboule! I need to try those PB Pretzels, looks yummy

21 Paige@ RunningAroundNormal August 12, 2009 at 9:06 pm