Bring on the Miles

by Meghann on August 11, 2009

I feel like each morning I wake up I am more and more inspired to run. A year ago my morning runs would consist of 2 or 3 miles, maybe 4 if I was feeling daring. As I build up speed I find I can fit more miles into my morning routine and my legs always encourage me to do so.

Now I average 4 to 5 miles in the morning, but can comfortably run 8 if I really wanted to. This morning I knocked 6 out and felt great.

I love that I can fit a long run in the morning and still have time to shower an put together a great breakfast.

CIMG7254

I microwaved 1/2 of a large apple with some cinnamon and a spoonful of Smuckers Honey Peanut Butter. When everything was mushy and gooey I added 1 cup of Kashi H2H and some Strawberries.

CIMG7255

The heated up honey peanut butter was to die for! Especially on a warm apple. This combination was a true winner. πŸ™‚

Check This Out…

• Whitney from I Run, I Sweat posted an interview she conducted with me on her blog. Check it out here.
  • A BIG THANKS to Nasoya for supporting my Boston Experience this weekend. Thanks to Nasoya I will be able to see all of Boston has to offer with out my original fears of breaking the bank. Nasoya really does make a great line of soy products, in fact it was their tofu I cooked with last night. I love how their tofu is available right at Publix, so I don’t have to make a separate trip to Whole Foods to satisfy my tofu cravings. Thanks again Nasoya!
1 Allie Katie August 11, 2009 at 8:53 am

I see Nasoya all the time but I haven’t checked it out yet. I’ll have to do that soon! I’m glad you had a good run–I did too and I feel GREAT now going to work! Have a fabo day! Hugs to Maddie!

2 Anja August 11, 2009 at 9:00 am

Great interview on Whitneys blog! Inspiring me very much!

3 Erica August 11, 2009 at 9:03 am

Fabulous job on the run and what a yummy bfast! Love the melty goodness of that nut butter. So glad you have a great sponsor! You deserve to enjoy your time up there!

I am so glad this is a short week! I don’t think I could handle a long one!!

4 tami August 11, 2009 at 9:20 am

Nasoya, Nasoya, Nasoya….are they sponsoring all of you?

5 jentrinque August 11, 2009 at 9:23 am

It’s so great that you can run long distances like that any time you want…I’m definitely not there! 2 or 3 miles and I’m good πŸ™‚

6 Amanda August 11, 2009 at 9:35 am

Terrific interview! We are very similar – I use my early morning walks as my me time to think, plan, etc., and I need my active lifestyle as the balance to being a working gal.

7 nutritionbyeve August 11, 2009 at 9:45 am

That’s why I love exercising in the morning! It really makes you feel so great for the entire day!

8 brandi August 11, 2009 at 10:02 am

the honey pb + apple sounds awesome!

9 Lizzy August 11, 2009 at 10:16 am

thats such a defeat being able to build up your mileage!!! so awesome!!!

10 Britt August 11, 2009 at 10:23 am

I’m jealous of your ability to get a good run in and make a nice breakfast. This morning I had to sleep in (to 6:30) after a LONG day yesterday… missed my run, so hopefully I can get it in at noon time. Despite not running I still had to rush through breakfast. Some day I’ll find more time in the morning! I hope!

Enjoy the day!

11 Whit August 11, 2009 at 10:25 am

6 miles in the morning?!?! Way to rock it girl!

12 Mandy A August 11, 2009 at 10:31 am

awesome interview!!! πŸ™‚

And have fun this weekend in boston! So exciting πŸ™‚

13 runnerskitchen August 11, 2009 at 10:41 am

Have you ever tried peanut butter & co. brand maple peanut butter or bee’s knees peanut butter? oh my goodness. those flavors are excellent!

14 Holly August 11, 2009 at 10:56 am

seriously! it’s like reading an ad for Nasoya across all the blogs today……

15 Juicy Jessy August 11, 2009 at 10:56 am

hmmm sounds great that heated peanut butter. i’ll try it tomorrow morning πŸ™‚

16 Melissa August 11, 2009 at 11:01 am

I am glad you got sponsored, you deserve it!

Thanks for the encouragement to push myself! You are always an inspiration. I am reunited with JM thanks to you!

17 biz319 August 11, 2009 at 11:05 am

I’ll have to check out the interview – congrats on the sponsor!

18 Matt August 11, 2009 at 11:43 am

The more miles the better!

19 Kristine August 11, 2009 at 12:49 pm

Congrats on all your accomplishments! I also really enjoyed reading the interview. I have a quick question, I know awhile ago you mentioned that you always eat half a granola bar in the morning before your run, do you do this every morning or just before longer runs? I ask because I am starting to run right when I wake up and i’m not sure if I should eat a little something before I leave, or wait until I get back!

20 Meghann August 11, 2009 at 12:59 pm

Since I wake up at 5:30 and don’t eat breakfast until 7:30 I have 1/2 a z-bar pretty much every morning, unless I am not hungry at all. Usually though as a general rule I tend to wake up starving. It’s a personal prefrence though, I would suggest finding what works best for you. πŸ™‚

21 Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) August 11, 2009 at 1:37 pm

You must be doing something right then, so congrats to you! I bet it feels great to get that out of the way first thing in the morning too, what a way to begin the day πŸ™‚

Nasoya is my fave brand of tofu!

22 Beth @ CrossBorderCravings August 11, 2009 at 2:34 pm

I know this is totally gross but the past few days the elevators in my office have smelled like sweat because it’s soooo hot out. EWW!!

I would much prefer the sweet smell of cinnamon :O)

23 Jaime August 11, 2009 at 3:08 pm

I’

24 Jaime August 11, 2009 at 3:09 pm

I’m bored with my running playlist. Megan or anyone else, could you post what’s on your current ipod?