more ยป" />

My Solution

by Meghann on August 5, 2009

Want to know my solution to an empty fridge and no motivation to go to the grocery store?

Accept an invitation for a free meal with the family. ๐Ÿ˜‰

CIMG7029.JPG

I was seriously considering breaking into another frozen meal when my Dad called and asked if I wanted to meet him and my sister for dinner at a Greek restaurant he has been dying to try. Of course I said Yes. ๐Ÿ™‚

CIMG7015.JPG

Cypriana opened off of HWY 50 in east Orlando a few weeks ago. It’s a very quaint restaurant with only a handful of table and two servers.

Upon first examining the menu my sister and I were impressed with the section of the menu dedicated to vegetarian options.

CIMG7016.JPG

There were so many great choices, it was hard for me to decide.

Since I had been running late my Dad and sis had ordered Tzatzitki dip to start off with.

CIMG7018.JPG

I am used to tzatziki dip as an addition to gyros or other ranges of pita and found it interesting to see it listed as an appetizer option.

CIMG7019.JPG

I had 2 pita slices dipped in the tzatziki. It was ok. The sauce was a little thin for my taste and not very flavorful. I think this tsatziki would have been better off serving its purpose as a sauce on a pita rather then a dip.

I was really craving tobouli and was very bummed to hear they were out of it. ๐Ÿ™ I’m actually still upset of that fact.

I sadly ordered the Vegetarian Combo plate sans my beloved tobouli.

CIMG7021.JPG

Instead I had Stuffed Vegetarian Grape Leaves….

CIMG7025.JPG

Hummus….

CIMG7026.JPG

and Falafel Balls.

CIMG7028.JPG

I ate all the grape leaves, 1/2 the hummus, 1.5 falafel balls, and 1/2 the pita wedges. The food was ok, but nothing to write home about.

I’m not sure we will be returning to this particular restauraunt. Unfortunately, our server kept forgetting my Dad’s coffee and our food took way to long to be delivered to our table. It had such good potential too! Oh well.

When I got home I dug in my chocolate stash and discovered a Reeses Egg that looked good.

CIMG7034.JPG

This afternoon I came to the conclusion that the Heart Thrive cookies are pretty much amazing.

CIMG7009.JPG

I must pick more up at the health store in Tampa this weekend! ๐Ÿ™‚

I am exhausted! I was actually late to dinner because I had accidentally fallen asleep on my couch after work. After I press publish I am making a beeline to my bed. Good Night everyone!!

1 Quinn August 5, 2009 at 9:30 pm

Those Heart Thrive cookies look awesome! And the dinner looks pretty fantastic too. Basically anything with pita and I’m sold.

2 Courtney F August 5, 2009 at 9:39 pm

That stinks about the tabouli being out. It is one of my favorite things to eat. Such a disappointment when you are really looking forward to a restaurant and it turns out to be a dud!

3 Spotty Prep August 5, 2009 at 9:43 pm

Those cookies are super cute ๐Ÿ™‚ I hope you get a good nights sleep! The weekend is almost here!!

4 Rosey Rebecca August 5, 2009 at 9:44 pm

Sorry the restaurant wasn’t that good. There is a Greek place near my apartment that I’ve been meaning to try. Glad you didn’t have to eat a frozen dinner though! ๐Ÿ™‚

5 caitlin August 5, 2009 at 9:48 pm

i love you for giving honest reviews – maybe the restaurant will find it and see ways to make improvements (and save their business in the long run!!)

tell maddie i say i love her too

6 Deva August 5, 2009 at 9:49 pm

I’m sorry to hear the restaurant wasn’t that great ๐Ÿ™ I hope that you get some good good sleep tonight!

7 Angharad August 5, 2009 at 9:56 pm

Don’t you hate that when places have so much potential and then just hugely disappoint? It’s such a shame when stuff like forgetful servers or late food can cloud your whole feelings on a place too….ahh well.

Chocolate egg does not sound like a bad after thought!

8 Jenna August 5, 2009 at 9:57 pm

your not as bad as my sister meghann with the easter candy…she just got rid of her christmas candy!!

jenna

9 Leianna August 5, 2009 at 10:04 pm

Too bad about the restaurant food/service! The reese’s hopefully made up for it:) And that heart lemon poppyseed thing looks amazing!

10 Run Niki Run August 5, 2009 at 10:08 pm

Reeses Peanut Butter Cup eggs (or hearts or Christmas trees…) are my favorite “naughty” candy! YUMMMM!

11 amanda August 5, 2009 at 10:11 pm

how lame! I went to daphnes (a greek chain if u dont have one around) the other day, its pretty good, the hummus and falafel were tasty (didnt try the tabouili tho) and its a lot cheaper then that place!

12 Andee (Runtolive) August 5, 2009 at 10:30 pm

yum! I love greek food, that’s too bad yours wasn’t too good. I usually get the greek chicken salad or a gyro, I hate runny sauces that are supposed to be creamy

13 Tay August 5, 2009 at 10:44 pm

mmmm your dinner looks fantastic! I love love love grape leaves ๐Ÿ™‚
Don’t you love those Heart Thrive bars? I’ve only tried the lemon poppyseed, but I agree – amazing! So dense, and moist, and not TOO lemony!

14 JB August 5, 2009 at 10:47 pm

yum, greek food is so delicious. i’ve never tried a heart thrive, but i’ve only heard really great things about them. what kind of vegan am i to not have tried one yet?! haha. have a lovely night!

15 Rebeca August 5, 2009 at 10:59 pm

I like thick tzatziki too- have you ever made it yourself (so easy)… and tossed with cucumbers and tomatoes and chickpeas is one of the best “salads” ever. I think I know what I’ll be having in the next few days…

Sorry the restaurant was disappointing!

Take care and I hope you rest well ๐Ÿ™‚

16 Bee August 5, 2009 at 11:02 pm

I’m dying to try those Heart Thrives now! I need to try to find some in my area before ordering in bulk online. The poppyseed just sounds so good!

17 Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) August 5, 2009 at 11:04 pm

Sorry the restaurant was disappointing! I hate it when that happens. But at least you didn’t have to eat another frozen meal I guess?

Hope you have a good day tomorrow, still keeping you in my prayers ๐Ÿ™‚

18 Katherine August 5, 2009 at 11:20 pm

Sounds like a fun weeknight dinner! It is so nice to enjoy a meal with others than eating alone every night!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

19 Jenn Eats Nutritiously Now August 5, 2009 at 11:21 pm

That stinks that it wasn’t as good as you’d hoped. It seemed like a cute restaurant, too bad their service and food didn’t hold up.

20 carolinebee August 6, 2009 at 1:53 am

Lame service but at least it was free (thanks to pops :D)! Only two days till the weekend we can do it!

21 Janessa August 6, 2009 at 3:03 am

Greek food can be sooooo GOOD!
But when it’s bad, it can be so heart-breaking. I feel your pain. Sometimes I don’t even want to go somewhere new, cuz if their falafels suck or their hummus is lame, it’s not even worth it.

And the one-two punch of mediocre food and slow service? No thanks!

22 Lauren August 6, 2009 at 7:30 am

Sorry they were all out of your favorite. I hate when that happens! I get really upset about things like that to. It’s so depressing when you have your heart and mind set on something for dinner and then realize that you can’t have it. Ugh, oh well, at least you had a great time with your sis and dad! That’s the most important thing, right?!?!

Take care hun!

23 Ada August 6, 2009 at 8:17 am

Sorry that the restaurant wasn’t great:( How can a Greek restaurant run out of tabouli??? My college actually sells those Heart Thrive cookies in our cafeteria (quite random!) but I have not yet tried them. I can’t wait to though!

24 Susan August 6, 2009 at 10:10 am

Greek food is my absolute favourite! But I do find it’s hard to find decent Greek restaurants, most of the ones I’ve stumbled across are really greasy and just mediocre. But now you totally have me wanting falafel and grape leaves ๐Ÿ˜‰

25 Rose August 6, 2009 at 10:12 am

I LOVE Greek Food. Haven’t eaten in forever. I needed this reminder to get back to it ๐Ÿ™‚

26 Courtney August 6, 2009 at 12:02 pm

You’re eating so many of my favorite foods in my post! Those Heart Health cookies are sold at my school cafeteria – CRAZY, I know ๐Ÿ˜€ And Taziki is so so so so so so so good, noooom. ๐Ÿ™‚ Greek food is just so good.

27 Evan Thomas August 6, 2009 at 2:26 pm

Stuffed grape leaves are delicious! Thanks for reminding me I haven’t had them recently

28 Laura August 6, 2009 at 2:52 pm

Hi! I am a new-ish reader, haven’t really commented much before. The Greek food looks good, when I was on vacation in Tampa we made the drive a little further North to check out Tarpon Springs. I think the Greek restaurant we ate at was called Hella’s? Anyway, it’s a really touristy place but the food was great, the saganaki was flaming and the wine was delicious.
I am gonna have to check out the Heart Thrive cookies, they look yummy.
Cheers to it being Thursday… TGIF tomorrow!

29 Caitlin from MD August 6, 2009 at 2:54 pm

Well, they spelled “tabouley” wrong on their menu, so maybe you didn’t want to try it anyway! ๐Ÿ˜‰

30 Nina August 6, 2009 at 6:09 pm

yum I love fresh strawberries on bagels. my favorite combo is laughing cow swiss, sliced strawberries and a drizzle of honey on whole-wheat mini bagels. FABULOUS!

31 Nina August 6, 2009 at 6:10 pm

32 jewels August 6, 2009 at 10:28 pm

maddie is ridiculously cute.