more ยป" />

A New Friend

by Meghann on August 3, 2009

First of all I can not thank everyone enough for the out pouring of support in my time of need.

Abbie was one of a kind and it brings a tear to my eye knowing how many people she touched in her short life. She loved being on the blog and always made sure to find her way into the countless photos I took for it. She was such a camera hog, just like her Mommy. ;)

The past two days have kind of been a blur. Yesterday involved a lot of chocolate and healing. We laid Abbie to rest in my parent’s backyard next to our Boxer, Rover, who passed away when I was in high school. It is a lovely site that faces my parent’s large open yard. She loved to run around my parent’s yard and I know she will be very happy there. Now her and Rover can look on as Scooby and little Oliver continue to roam the space.

I did make it to work today, but I did not last long. Having to tell everyone the sad news was much too emotional for me. My boss encouraged me to go home, but I just couldn’t go home alone. Instead I started researching new friends.

Seeing all the puppies made me happy. I knew all of these little fellas needed homes and I just happened to have a home all ready for one. I found a breeder that seemed to fit my criteria, so my parent’s drove the 2 hours to Ocala with me to see if we had a match.

I teared up as soon as I saw all the Jack Russell puppies ready to be adopted. Abbie would have loved it, she always had a soft spot for fellow Jacks.

DSCN3386.JPG

After an hour of playing with the pups and going back and forth, one little girl just kept drawing me to her. She was very shy and timid, but could still keep up with her brothers and sisters. She was the puppy for me.

Meet my new little friend.

DSCN3401.JPG

She is a 14 week old Jack Russell Terrier who is ready to take on the world.

My parents and I spent the whole drive back to O-Town trying to come up with a name, but nothing has stood out yet. I’m going to give it a couple of days and see what comes to me when I need to call her.

It has been a very emotional couple of days. Who knew life could change so much in just an instant? A new adventure has begun and I am ready to take it on.

I promise regular blogging will continue tomorrow. Good night everyone!

1 caitlin August 3, 2009 at 10:29 pm

i love her and i think this is such a healthy and proactive response. i wouldve down the exact same thing! so many puppies need a loving home! good for you!

2 caitlin August 3, 2009 at 10:30 pm

MAPLE SYRUP!

3 Sara August 3, 2009 at 10:43 pm

I love Maple for her! lovely name :)

4 caitlin August 3, 2009 at 10:54 pm

vote for maple!! best name eva!

5 mariewould August 4, 2009 at 12:43 am

aww i love maple : )

6 Amy C. August 4, 2009 at 7:53 am

Cute idea!

7 *Andrea* August 3, 2009 at 10:33 pm

she’s precious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 Allie August 3, 2009 at 10:34 pm

she’s adorable!!! can’t wait to hear what her name is. she surely will bring you alot of smiles.

9 Tyly August 3, 2009 at 10:35 pm

You new little girl is gorgeous! I can’t wait to hear her name. :-)

10 Island Girl Eats August 3, 2009 at 10:36 pm

What about Bella? Because she is beautiful!!!!

I am so glad that you decided to get a new puppy. ‘Bella’ will help to bring your smile back and heal your broken heart.

P.S. She has a very long tongue!!!!! LOL!

11 caitlin August 3, 2009 at 10:36 pm

oh i like bella too – very twilightish!

12 Island Girl Eats August 3, 2009 at 11:00 pm

Exactly! And we all know how much Meghann loves the Cullen’s!!!! Vote for Bella! Team Bella!

13 Danielle August 3, 2009 at 10:37 pm

I was just thinking that she was beautiful, too! Love it!

14 Jamie August 3, 2009 at 10:36 pm

I am so sorry to hear about Abbie! My heart goes out to you! I know how amazing dogs are… I know mine are my best friends!
Your new baby is adorable. I would have done the same thing. I just couldn’t live w/o my babies.
You will always have fun memories of Abbie =)

15 Danielle August 3, 2009 at 10:36 pm

I love her giant tongue! It’s bigger than she is :) She’s precious and looks happy to be yours already. I’m so happy that you found a new friend and I know Abbie is happy for you too.

16 angieinatlanta August 3, 2009 at 10:37 pm

I’m usually a total lurker/non-commenter but I just have to say that she’s soooooooooo cute!

With your recent loss and her being timid and shy, it sounds like you both need a friend – I’m glad you found each other!
:-)

angieinatlanta

17 Allie Katie August 3, 2009 at 10:38 pm

Omg she is adorable. I am glad that you were able to get another dog–I think that’s great. I can’t think of a name–you’ll come up with something great!

18 Lindsey (Mrs. LC) August 3, 2009 at 10:39 pm

She is beautiful! I was actually wondering if you were going to go get a new puppy immediately or wait a while. I think you made a wonderful choice that gives your precious new friend a new home and gives you a chance to let your heart keep healing and loving. Let us know if you need name suggestions to help spur your quest for a name! :)

19 Dori August 3, 2009 at 10:39 pm

The new pup is absolutely adorable. I am happy you will have her to comfort you and make you feel better. I’m with the others who suggested Bella, she is a pretty girl!

20 VeggieGirl August 3, 2009 at 10:39 pm

WELCOME!! :-D

21 Jenny August 3, 2009 at 10:39 pm

She looks like a Daisy . . . so feminine and delicate
congrats on the new pup!
im glad ur ready to heal and what better way to do it than with a new friend!

22 BeccaC August 4, 2009 at 7:26 am

I think she looks like a Daisy as well!

23 Rachel August 3, 2009 at 10:40 pm

Meghann, you are an expert at new adventures. I am looking forward to getting to know your new gal.

24 allijag August 3, 2009 at 10:40 pm

ahhhhhh! meghann! i love her to pieces – Abbie is so proud of you! :)

can’t wait to hear more about the new friend (I’m dying to know her name!) – if you need crazy names, just let me and Mike know – we’ll start brain storming for ya!

25 Marianne August 3, 2009 at 10:41 pm

It’s great that you were able to give another puppy a happy home. I don’t know that I would be ready to get a new pet so soon, but if it will help you heal and move forward, then that’s awesome.

Picking pet names is the hardest, but I’m sure you’ll come up with something that works for the new little pup.

26 Jessica August 3, 2009 at 10:41 pm

She is so precious. Not sure why but she just seems like a Trixie to me :)

27 Niki August 3, 2009 at 10:42 pm

I think she is precious and it’s so great that you are able to give another puppy a home!! Can’t wait to see what you name her!

28 Jenn Eats Nutritiously Now August 3, 2009 at 10:42 pm

She is SO DARN CUTE! Good for you for adopting a little puppy!

29 Mara @ What's For Dinner? August 3, 2009 at 10:42 pm

I agree with Caitlin, I think this is a GREAT idea and she’s freaking adorable!!! I think Daisy too, but the name Mona came to mind to me too, since it’s spanish for cute!

30 chandra August 3, 2009 at 10:42 pm

Awe, great choice Meghann! She’s adorable. :) I like both names that have been suggested so far, Bella is always a favorite of mine, but I also love that Caitlin said Maple Syrup because you can just call her Maple for short and I think that’s totally cute! Just my 2 cents. :) I’m glad to hear you’re doing well *hugs*

31 Mica August 3, 2009 at 10:43 pm

Good luck picking a name for your new friend!

Speaking of names, did the breeder tell you that the breed has been renamed by the AKC to be the “Parson Russell Terrier”? Isn’t that weird?

32 Sophie August 4, 2009 at 5:01 am

actually they are two different breeds, the parson russels are the originals and the jack russels are the newer much shorter versions. I have a parsons russel, they are much bigger, different coat texture, more legs lol!

Shes so cute, having a new puppy will help you heal, it helped with me. For some reason Katie stands out as her name for me anyway maples a cute name

33 Rebeca August 3, 2009 at 10:44 pm

Good for you… she’s beautiful! So many puppies need love and you have a big heart to share… plus I’m sure she’ll play a big role in healing you :)

I tweeted you my name choices ;) Good luck!

Take care of yourself!

34 Jessica August 3, 2009 at 10:44 pm

Congrats on the new puppy, she looks like a sweetheart!

35 Amelia August 3, 2009 at 10:45 pm

What a cutie! I’m the exact same way with dogs. As tough as it is to lose one, it’s encouraging to be able to give a new puppy a good home.

36 healthy ashley August 3, 2009 at 10:46 pm

I’m so happy you were able to find a new friend. She is adorable! I hope to meet her soon :)

37 Taylor Leigh August 3, 2009 at 10:49 pm

I’m so happy for you! She is the cutest puppy! What about Cinnamon- for bringing the spice back into your life?

38 jenngirl August 3, 2009 at 10:50 pm

What a precious and adorable new friend! Can’t wait for you to pick a name, I’m sure the perfect one will come to you soon! :)

39 andrea. August 3, 2009 at 10:51 pm

Aw, she’s a real looker, isn’t she? :) I’m sure you two will bring each other lots of joy, can’t wait to hear what you end up calling her.

40 Katie August 3, 2009 at 10:51 pm

She is ADORABLE!

41 Ris August 3, 2009 at 10:52 pm

Meghann, I’m so sorry for your loss, but congrats on moving in – I feel like you’re honoring abbie by giving that same love to a new puppy… she is too cute

42 Mandee August 3, 2009 at 10:52 pm

Oh Meghann she is so beautiful!! I have a 6 yr old Jack myself and love them so very much. Their smile is contagious! So much personality in such a little package. I’m sure she will bring you many smiles and good memories :)

43 Meghan August 3, 2009 at 10:53 pm

Aww what a beautiful puppy! I’m really happy for you and I think that she was a perfect choice! Maple is a super cute name too!

44 Kim August 3, 2009 at 10:56 pm

she is absolutely adorable! I love the names Bella and Lily :)

45 Bek August 3, 2009 at 10:57 pm

She looks like a Bonnie or a Bella to me :]
She’s absolutely adorable.

46 Meredith August 3, 2009 at 10:57 pm

ahhh so cute! she is freaking adorable. i love puppies and i’m so glad you adopted her.

i agree that she looks very delicate and lady like…flower names like Daisy or Lily or Violet come to mind. i’m sure the right name will find you :)

47 nicole h August 3, 2009 at 10:58 pm

thats is such an adorble dog! i want her!

48 Danielle C. August 3, 2009 at 10:58 pm

Meghann she is beautiful, I bet her fur is so soft to the touch. I love puppy/kitten fur.

I like the name Bella, Ruby is another nice name.

49 Hannah Hawley August 3, 2009 at 10:59 pm

She is adorable!
She looks like a Sweet Pea!

50 Sara August 3, 2009 at 11:01 pm

Ahhh pupppppy!!! She’s SO cute! How exciting. When one door closes, another one opens, right? :)

51 Kaye August 3, 2009 at 11:01 pm

SO CUTE and photogenic :) Can’t wait to see what her name will be!

52 MarathonVal August 3, 2009 at 11:01 pm

I’m so sorry about everything you are going through, but I think it’s amazing that you are going to adopt a new puppy who needs a home!

She is ADORABLE!!!

53 Ryane August 3, 2009 at 11:02 pm

Aw Meghann, she is very adorable!

I’m sorry again for everything you’ve had to go through the past couple days but here’s to many (MANY) years of happiness with your new friend…. I think Maple is a cute name… it also made me think of Waffles… but maybe that name would be more appropriate for one of Caitlin’s dogs, haha.
: )

54 snackface August 3, 2009 at 11:03 pm

OH MY GOSH!!! She is adorable, Meghann! I think she looks like a…Peanut!!! That’s a nickname for one of my babies, and she’s similarly colored and tiny. It’s perfect for your new pupper!

55 Jenna August 3, 2009 at 11:04 pm

aww meghann i am so glad you got a new puppster, she is adorable and i can’t wait until you are back to blogging! it was a good idea to take a few days off from blogging, we all understand :)
i think a cute name for her would be BELLA!
jenna

56 Brynne August 3, 2009 at 11:04 pm

Aw the new puppy is so cute – I love that her tongue matches her collar!

57 Kelsey August 3, 2009 at 11:08 pm

I am so happy for your new addition!! She looks like a total sweetheart and will surely earn a place in your life and heart. Even though it is tough, this is what you needed, a new baby to love and care for!!!

58 Erin August 3, 2009 at 11:10 pm

I just teared up reading this entry. I’m so happy you are honoring Abbie by getting another Jack Russell pPuppy.

I brought home my Jack Russell, Sophie, a day after my dog was put to sleep. She was exactly what I needed to cope with the loss of my first dog. That was 9 years ago and she is still a great dog. Jack Russells are a great breed.

I love “people” names for pets. I adore the names Ruby, Lola and Lyla. Feel free to choose any of those names! :)

59 Erin August 3, 2009 at 11:12 pm

I’m so sorry for the loss of Abbie and hope that the good thoughts are with you right now. This new furry friend is SO cute Meghann! I hope she’s just as much a fan of the camera :)

What about Canela – My first thought was that her color is so cinnamon/nutmeg-ish and cute – and then someone mentioned Cinnamon and it made me think that Canela is cinnamon in spanish. And you could call her Ella!

60 Amanda August 3, 2009 at 11:14 pm

She is precious! I totally think that you did the right thing – in fact, our family always has at least 2 dogs (right now, 3) … because it makes it a little easier when one dies to have another giving tons of love!!

My fav names: Charlie (for a girl, too!), Layla, Hallie

Congrats on your new little girl :)

61 Amandamoo August 3, 2009 at 11:15 pm

So so proud of you. Give my love to the puppy!

62 Mandy A August 3, 2009 at 11:15 pm

Aw… she is ADORABLE! Congrats!!!

I have to say, I love Caitlin’s suggestion of Maple Syrup.. maple for short. Too cute!

I have a dog that is part jack russell… he is seriously one of the best dogs i’ve ever had!

63 Emily (A Nutritionist Eats) August 3, 2009 at 11:16 pm

So sorry about your bad news, but happy that you have a new friend, she is adorable!!!

64 Katy August 3, 2009 at 11:17 pm

We have a jack named Lily :-)

And then there are Toby, Ozzy and Mayfield.

Mayfield doesn’t really fit in with the 4-letter, end in -y family, so her middle name is Rory to make up for it. :-)

65 Andrea (Fit Healthy Fun) August 3, 2009 at 11:18 pm

Aw, I’m so happy for you! She will bring you lots of joy. She is such a cutie!

66 Shannon August 3, 2009 at 11:18 pm

First off I am so sorry about your baby. :( She was definately a cutie pie. Your new little girl looks like a total sweetie too. She looks so much like her older sister did when she was a puppy. :) I like the name LIBBY.

67 amanda August 3, 2009 at 11:28 pm

Aww, she’s so cute! I bet Abbie is so happy that you’re able to open your heart and your home to a new baby.

68 Ellen August 3, 2009 at 11:29 pm

She looks like a foxy Moxie to me :) she’s gorgeous. Congrats!

69 Kori August 3, 2009 at 11:29 pm

I’m so glad you’ve found a new companion Meghann! It really is a good way to cope with the loss because the hardest part is the lack of companionship. I’m sure your new fur daughter will fill the void left by little Abbie and remind you of all the good times you had with her! My brother has two Jacks- one name Roxy and the other Hurley. I like human names for pups so Bailey, Lela and leila are my votes! Good luck and enjoy the puppy time, it goes by so quick!

70 ttfn300 August 3, 2009 at 11:33 pm

oooh!!!! she is adorable, and i am so happy for you meghan :)

71 amanda August 3, 2009 at 11:35 pm

i like bella!

72 catiechurch August 3, 2009 at 11:38 pm

I love her! She is too cute! And I agree with Maple… it’s cute!

73 Tay August 3, 2009 at 11:43 pm

HOW ADORABLE!!! I’m so glad you got a new friend :-)

74 BethT August 3, 2009 at 11:45 pm

With that pink tongue and collar, she looks like a Pink Lady to me! Frenchy? Rizzo? hee hee. What a cutie pie.

75 Anna Webb August 3, 2009 at 11:59 pm

Your new friend is precious! Abbie would be so proud of you for giving another puppy a loving home. Now this little girl can live a happy and adventerous life just like the one you provided for Abbie.

My heart still aches for you and we all know this new little friend will never replace Abbie, but she’ll help ease the pain for sure.

Good luck with your new girl and her name will come to you at the right time and it will be perfect :)

76 postcollegecook August 4, 2009 at 12:06 am

What a cutie :) I’m glad something happy – the fact that one of those pups now has a home – has come from this experience.

77 Emily August 4, 2009 at 12:08 am

So sorry to hear about Abbie. :-( but so glad you’ve given a new little friend a loving home.

78 Christina August 4, 2009 at 12:09 am

I just read about Abbie, I’m so sorry. I lost my cat recently and it was such a hard time because he just disappeared and we still don’t know what happened to her. I know how you’re feeling!

79 Jaimejoy August 4, 2009 at 12:13 am

she’s too cute for words. and an old soul kinda spirit……i think Betty suits her.

80 hopeinpeanutbutterandoats August 4, 2009 at 12:21 am

adorable! can’t wait to see what name you pick out for her! enjoy girl, you have SO much love to give to this pup she’s a lucky gal!

81 janetha August 4, 2009 at 12:39 am

look at that tongue! what a sweetie. i am so glad you found someone to love :)

82 Erica August 4, 2009 at 12:50 am

oh my gosh she is BEAUITIFUL! I love her- shes just perfect

83 Andrea August 4, 2009 at 12:57 am

I am so glad you got a new puppy. It definitely helped us heal to get Winston and Basil when our puppy died a few years ago. You have so much love to share! You’ll have a great, new adventure seeing how different, but wonderful, your fur daughters will be :)

84 ~CarolynB~ August 4, 2009 at 12:57 am

Well first off…what a doll!!!!!!!!

How about LUCY? She looks like a lucy and a little bit of a red head from the picture…and we all “love” lucy and finally my favorite fitness clothes store is Lucy and they have great running gear…right up your alley!

I am so happy you are sharing that extra love you have with a new little buddy! We are excited to see her in many posts to come!!!

85 mrsalley August 4, 2009 at 1:05 am

What a wonderful puppy! I’m so happy for you – good luck with naming her!

86 Rosey Rebecca August 4, 2009 at 1:06 am

Aww She’s so cute!! I’m glad you found a new friend!

87 Anonymous August 4, 2009 at 1:45 am

You replaced Abbie in less than two days? Where is the love? She wasn’t a pair of shoes.

88 Kelly August 4, 2009 at 6:00 am

Excuse you? My sisters heart was just broken into tiny pieces. Abbie has NOT been replaced. There are tons of pups out there who need lots of love and my sister is going to give this dog the best life ever, just like Abbie had. Abbie is VERY VERY missed and it broke my heart for her to be gone too.

89 Jess August 4, 2009 at 10:00 am

Who are you to judge what is right for other people?

90 caitlin August 4, 2009 at 1:44 pm

hey, fuck you and get off your high horse.

91 Kelly August 4, 2009 at 2:50 pm

Well said Caitlin!

92 Emily Eats August 4, 2009 at 2:31 am

I was so sorry to hear your news. Enjoy your new adventure – she’s very cute!

93 Tracey August 4, 2009 at 2:57 am

Congratulations, Meghann! Your new baby is beautiful and she would make her sister, Abbie, proud! Don’t know why but she looks like a Daphne to me!

94 Simone August 4, 2009 at 3:26 am

OMG she is freakin adorable! So happy to see that you have a new friend!! Personally, when I look at her I just want to call her Bella or Jezaboo (random I know) so maybe name her Jesabelle and use the other two names as nicknames?! Just a thought, SO happy for you!

95 lauren August 4, 2009 at 4:34 am

awww shes so adorable :) i cant wait to hear what you name her! shes lucky to have such a wonderful, kind owner!!

96 tami August 4, 2009 at 4:59 am

i was thinking waffle for a name but that it’s that greatest! i am sure you will come up with something perfect. take care Meghann

97 prinny August 4, 2009 at 5:04 am

awww, what a cutie!

all the best to you and your new friend – i am sure you will come up with the perfect name :-)

98 Kelly August 4, 2009 at 5:58 am

I still love Willow!! :) I’m sure you will find the perfect name. :)

99 Ada August 4, 2009 at 6:06 am

She is the cutest thing!!!!

100 Lynna August 4, 2009 at 6:45 am

I am thinking Maggie, but this is something you have to feel…wishing you luck in finding the name that calls to both you and new pup!

101 Haleigh August 4, 2009 at 7:12 am

Her name will come to you Meghann :) I am so sorry for your loss, but I believe you did the right thing by getting that adorable little girl. Good luck!

102 Elisabeth August 4, 2009 at 7:12 am

She is so beautiful!! Congrats on your new baby! You deserve it–you’re such a great dog mommy!

103 jenna August 4, 2009 at 7:19 am

ahhhh i love her!!!!!!!! she is perfect…I can’t wait for her to meet her cousins, Mikan and Dexter!! ;)

104 Ksquared August 4, 2009 at 7:29 am

Aw she is adorable~ no doubt she will be loved and given only the best by you. I am proud of you for being brave and getting a new dog. Sometimes that can be a struggle. Obviously nothing can take the place of Abbie, as she will always hold a special spot in your heart. Abbie would of loved this playmate though~ I look forward to reading about you and your new friend’s adventures!

105 Kathleen August 4, 2009 at 7:43 am

Oh my god, your new puppy is adorable! Abbie probs sent her to you :)

106 Kelly August 4, 2009 at 7:47 am

I love her…SO CUTE!!!!!

107 Juli D. August 4, 2009 at 7:56 am

What a cutie! As a big dog lover I know they are like a part of the family so I can only imagine how hard it was to lose Abbie. I’m a fan of old people names for dogs – so old lady names that come to mind: Lexie, Bessie, Ellie, Greta, Winnie, Nellie, Sadie, Gracie, Libby.

108 April August 4, 2009 at 7:59 am

Tears in my eyes of joy this time :D She looks like a Chloe to me? Or maybe Frankie hee hee!

109 dailygoods August 4, 2009 at 8:18 am

ooh shes a sweetheart! i am so indecisive so names would be a toughie for me too. i do think she looks like a maple though.. very sweet <3

110 jentrinque August 4, 2009 at 8:20 am

She is absolutely adorable! I have been thinking about you SO much the last few days and I am really, really happy that you decided to get another puppy! No one can ever replace Abbie, but believe me, that puppy deserves a great mom like you! I’m so happy!

111 leslie August 4, 2009 at 8:24 am

your new puppy is absolutely adorable!! i’m so happy you’ll have her to come home to now.

112 Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) August 4, 2009 at 8:25 am

I’m so glad you got a new friend! I decided that is exactly what I would do in that situation, there are so many that needs homes :)

Can’t wait to hear what you name her, she is adorable!

113 Jess August 4, 2009 at 8:30 am

Awe what a cutie your new little baby is! I’m sure a name will come to you soon!

114 Lauren August 4, 2009 at 8:32 am

Your tribute to Abbie was heartwarming. Truly.

The new addition to your family is absolutely adorable! I’m so glad you found a new friend :).

115 krittie August 4, 2009 at 8:32 am

How about Zoey or Maggie? I do not know why but I like those names for a dog! Glad to see you are gradually getting better, it will take time but you are one strong chica, I mean really how many people do you know could pack up everything and move to a new place by themselfs and make it? :)

116 Katrina (gluten free gidget) August 4, 2009 at 8:35 am

Adorable! She will help you heal.

117 Nicole August 4, 2009 at 8:36 am

Oh Meghann! I swear I was thinking of you ALLLL day yesterday. I felt horrible for you and was wondering how long it would be until you got another little friend. I’m so happy you did. She will never replace Abbie but she will still bring you so much joy. Good luck coming up with a name for her! And ENJOY HER! :)

118 Quinn August 4, 2009 at 8:44 am

What a cutie! She is going to be a good friend to you – I know it!

119 Samantha August 4, 2009 at 8:44 am

Oh, that is just fantastic! I was hoping you would consider getting a new member of your family to help you with Abbie’s passing.

I did the same when my cat passed in December. My husband felt bad for me because I was so devastated that he insisted we go out and look at kittens. I did NOT want to do that especially since it had only been a few days, but we found two kittens that touched my heart and after some hesitation on my part, we picked them up.

This was the best thing I could have done! I felt incredibly guilty–like I was cheating on my beloved Chloe, but after a day I knew this wasn’t so. There’s no replacing what you lost, and no new pet can come close. Instead you start on a new, different journey with different furry members of your family.

Enjoy her. She’s beautiful and it will help sooo much in dealing with the grief you are feeling over losing Abbie. And plus you are now able to give a new little puppy what you gave Abbie!

120 Whit August 4, 2009 at 8:45 am

She is beautiful! Enjoy her, and your little blogging break. :)

121 caronae August 4, 2009 at 8:50 am

she is a beautiful little puppy : ) I hope she brings you much happiness!

122 Nicole August 4, 2009 at 8:52 am

She is so cute!!!

123 Carolyn August 4, 2009 at 8:55 am

I think her name will come to you as you get to know each other. I’m glad you have someone to help you cope with your loss.

124 Caroline August 4, 2009 at 8:59 am

Oh Meghann she is adorable! I’m glad you’ve found a special pup to help you heal.

125 Bridget August 4, 2009 at 8:59 am

Good for you MEghann!! She is adorable and I think this was a great thing to do :) I can’t wait to get a dog of my own! You and (insert name here) will be so happy together, she has a wonderful new mommy!

126 Derek August 4, 2009 at 9:00 am

she looks like a madeline! ;-)

127 threehannas August 4, 2009 at 9:01 am

She is super cute!!! I am going to have to loop back to an earlier post and say that I agree with Maple, maybe that is because I am from Vermont though : )

Enjoy your new friend!

128 Nina August 4, 2009 at 9:04 am

She is precious!! It’s so wonderful that you have given her a home, Abbie I am sure is so proud.
I can’t wait to hear her name..it will come to you when you get to know her personality.
I love people names for puppies too – probably b/c I treat them like people! My 2 girl bulldogs are Bella Grace and Emma Lou.

Anon- why say such hurtful things to someone going through a tough time? Some people who lose animals wait a while for a new pet and others do not; there is no right or wrong. Everyone heals differently and who are you to judge?

129 greenbean August 4, 2009 at 9:07 am

what about Pumpkin?

130 Heather August 4, 2009 at 9:22 am

She’s so precious & it’s great to see that you are sharing your love already! I know it’s hard & Abbie knew that you’d continue to be a great Mommie :)

The name is fitting too! Maddy is perfect!

131 Amanda August 4, 2009 at 9:36 am

Aww, she’s so cute. I am sure she will be a wonderful dog and Abbie will look down on you guys to make sure everything goes well. :)

132 Lauren August 4, 2009 at 9:48 am

So adorable.

I have to admit, when I saw her I thought a great name would be Bella after your Twilight love!

133 Jamie @ sweatyhugs August 4, 2009 at 9:49 am

*tears* I am so happy for you! She is beautiful!

134 Rose August 4, 2009 at 9:55 am

She’s a cutie!

135 Susan August 4, 2009 at 10:43 am

Ah, I’m so behind on catching up on my blogs!! She is absolutely adorable Meghann. You are going to give her a great home!! :D

136 Julie August 4, 2009 at 12:03 pm

She is adorable!!!

137 Vicky August 4, 2009 at 12:09 pm

She’s adorable! I was thinking of you this morning when I washed my dogs… I am glad you are feeling a little better.
Vicky

138 Courtney August 4, 2009 at 2:16 pm

Adorable!!! She is going to bring so much love and happiness into your life! I just wish you would have looked at adopting. There are so many animals out there who need homes :( … Maybe for Maddie’s sister! :-D

139 Lexie August 4, 2009 at 6:21 pm

I love the new pup! She is adorable and I am sure you and her will have many fun memories to make together! Good luck with a new puppy…they sure are a lot of hard work, but definitely worth it :)

140 Candice @ ChiaSeedMe August 3, 2010 at 5:11 pm

I just clicked over to your blog for the first time – not sure why I’ve never stumbled over here before!

I’m so sorry to hear about your loss. We had a serious scare with my little yorkie, Olive, last week…so I can only imagine how hard these last couple days must have been for you. I agree with Caitlin – what a great proactive choice to move forward with healing from your loss.

And I love the name Maple too…it almost sounds kind of vintage to me.

141 Brynn August 3, 2010 at 5:22 pm

I’m so sorry for your loss, I can’t imagine. I was tearing up while reading the post. However, it looks as though your new little lady is a doll and will be a world of fun!

142 VeggieGirl August 3, 2010 at 8:51 pm