more ยป" />

Early to Bed, Early to Rise

by Meghann on August 1, 2009

The best part about spending a quiet Friday night in is the luxury of going to sleep at 10:00pm and waking up at 6:00am to run.

I actually did end up having an old friend call me last night to see if I wanted to go out, but I just could not bring myself to do it. I just kept thinking of the early morning run I had planned and the idea of missing it was much to sad to me. I think its safe to say I am officially a running addict.

I was very happy to make it out to the trail just as the sun was rising. I was able to finish my 8 mile run before the sun became too brutal, but was still drenched in a lovely layer of sweat when I finished.

DSCN3331.JPG

I really need to start keeping a towel in my car for runs like these!

The trail was surprisingly full. I saw a lot of running groups running together including a TnT team. I guess that means people are finally starting to gear up for running season in Central Florida! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Last night I had pre-made a bowl of Muesli so I had a nice cold breakfast waiting for me when I returned to my apartment.

DSCN3333.JPG

My homemade muesli contained 1/3 cup Multi Grain Cereal, Goji Berries, Unsweetened Shredded Coconut, and Walnuts. Last night I mixed the dry muesli with Oikos Plain Yogurt and Fat Free Milk before putting it in the fridge to soak over night.

DSCN3336.JPG

When I pulled it out this morning I topped the muesli with Strawberries, Blueberries and Naturally Nutty Vanilla Almond Butter.

DSCN3337.JPG

It was very refreshing and the perfect post-run fuel. ๐Ÿ™‚

I have a fun filled day of shopping planned with my Sister today. We are on the hunt for outfits to wear for the Healthy Living Summit weekend in two weeks and I have no idea where to start. Hopefully I will something good. I LOVE any excuse to shop!!

1 Allie Katie August 1, 2009 at 9:17 am

I am about to get my run on right now! I love running the AM, it makes me feel accomplished and it keeps me from coming up with excuses as to why I can’t later in the day!

2 Christina August 1, 2009 at 9:31 am

I actually prefer staying in too. I’d much rather wake up early on a Saturday and take advantage of the whole day than be all hungover and groggy all day! Hope you have a great run ๐Ÿ™‚

3 Erin August 1, 2009 at 9:40 am

Yum! That looks like the perfect summer breakfast.
I prefer early mornings too — get more accomplished and be more productive. Weekends are only two days — gotta make the most of ’em. ๐Ÿ™‚

4 Andee (Runtolive) August 1, 2009 at 9:46 am

Great breakfast! I remember last year during the peak of my marathon training during long mileage runs, my running group would leave at 5 in the morning on a Saturday. Needlesstosay, my Friday nights were pretty much shot

5 Jenn Eats Nutritiously Now August 1, 2009 at 9:46 am

Your breakfast looks so pretty. Hope you have a great run!

6 Spotty Prep August 1, 2009 at 9:55 am

Have fun shopping! I’m going in a bit, too, to use my 30% off Gap/old navy/banana republic coupon!

7 ana August 1, 2009 at 10:12 am

I’m sorry if this sounds rude but do you think that you are becoming orthorexic?

8 Erica August 1, 2009 at 10:14 am

Great job on the run! I feel the same way- I love getting up for my the class I teach on Saturday mornings at 8:30! Workouts in and then you can really enjoy the rest of the day.

9 tiponz August 1, 2009 at 10:16 am

i have to try that breakfast soon! my sister bought museli but i just have not made it yet- mostly because i do not know the best way to make it! “overnight” museli looks like the way to go

10 HelpMeghanRun August 1, 2009 at 10:23 am

Same here! Every time I get into my car dripping with sweat I think “I should bring a towel” but I keep forgetting. ๐Ÿ™‚

11 Taylor Leigh August 1, 2009 at 10:43 am

Sometimes the perfect Friday night is a lazy night! Waking up on Saturday morning to run is so refreshing and a great way to start the weekend! Have fun shopping today ๐Ÿ™‚ My favorite past time!

12 Matt August 1, 2009 at 11:02 am

Early runs are the best ๐Ÿ™‚

13 Madelin August 1, 2009 at 11:21 am

Well done for your run! I did 10k today ๐Ÿ™‚

14 Betsy August 1, 2009 at 12:51 pm

I love productive mornings!! I had one myself and it makes for a great start to your day.

15 Holly August 1, 2009 at 1:06 pm

Giada is making ricotta parfait on Everyday Italian right now, and it instantly made me think of you ๐Ÿ™‚ Here’s the recipe:

16 Tay August 1, 2009 at 2:02 pm

Have fun shopping! Sister days are the best ๐Ÿ™‚

17 Deva August 1, 2009 at 2:39 pm

I used to be a morning runner, and I still love it on Sundays before everyone is up and about, but most of the time I run in the evenings.

Rock on on the long run – that’s awesome!

18 Vanessa (Last Night's Leftovers) August 1, 2009 at 2:56 pm

I love early morning runs in the summer! Perfect time to get out and give ‘er.

19 Robin August 1, 2009 at 3:40 pm

I have to keep a towel in my car for runs, my poor car if I don’t! Congrats on your early run!

20 Leianna August 1, 2009 at 4:59 pm

That breakfast looks so delicious! I think its great when trails or running paths are filled, peeople finally understand why I love running so much and it is addicting!

21 Vicky August 1, 2009 at 7:12 pm

Running in the morning is def. the way to go in the summer. I leave a towel and flip flops in the car when I run in the country… love to get the sneakers off and let my feel cool down!

22 Brandi August 1, 2009 at 7:51 pm

i love muesli and have been thinking about it a lot lately. i have a few batches in mind for the next few weeks ๐Ÿ™‚ glad you got a good run in early!