The Other Half of the Muffin

by Meghann on July 23, 2009

Welcome to halfway through Thursday! Don’t worry Friday is just around the corner. 🙂

I finally got around to eating the other half of my Free Raspberry Muffin from Starbucks on Tuesday as my midmorning snack.

DSCN2936

I had put it in my drawer at work and practically forgot about it. Tisk. Tisk. This happens often with food items I shove in my desk at work. You should see the stash of forgotten snacks that never got eaten and just stayed put in there. I need to stop bringing snacks to work and start eating my drawer up.

My wonderful sandwich was so tasty last night I could not wait to have it again for lunch today. Only this time it was presented in the form of a pressed wrap.

DSCN2948

In a flat out wrap I piled on the ricotta cheese, spinach, and grilled zucchini, yellow squash and egg plants. For a bit of spice I threw on some jalapenos as well before pressing in the George Foreman.

DSCN2945

Is it weird I thought it taste better in a sandwich format? Don’t get me wrong all the yummy balsamic infused flavors were there, I just missed the doughiness of the bread.

DSCN2937

With the wrap I had a small handful of Trader Joe’s Peanut Butter Pretzels

DSCN2941

And a big handful of cherries.

DSCN2939

Someone once commented they loved how I randomly add pickles to my meal. What can I say? I love pickles!

DSCN2942

The lunch was very satisfying. Hopefully it will power me through the rest of my work day!

In case you are in need of some distraction reading, here are a few articles you might find interesting:

1 trinichiqn July 23, 2009 at 2:04 pm

There is this great, new place that I like to go for lunch, they have a chicken waldorf that you can have as a sanwich and a wrap. I prefer it as a wrap although I originally ordered it as a sandwich they gave me it as a wrap and the next time when I tried it as a sandwich I didn’t like it as much.

2 Laura July 23, 2009 at 2:17 pm

Hello, I am a first time reader – great blog!
That pressed wrap looks excellent! My mom has some eggplant growing in her garden that she usually passes on to me once ripe, I bet it’d taste great grilled in a sandwich like this!

3 Shannon (The Daily Balance) July 23, 2009 at 2:41 pm

yummy pb pretzels!!!

I normally prefer sandwiches to wraps, too! Gotta have my bread!

4 JB July 23, 2009 at 2:43 pm

i loooove eggplant. that wrap sounds like it would be amazing in both sandwich form AND wrap form. and i love the randomness of the articles you decided to share with us. haha! have a happy thursday, girl!

-JB

5 Whit July 23, 2009 at 2:52 pm

Sometimes I like bread better than a wrap too. No shame here, I’m a carb eater!

6 Carolyn July 23, 2009 at 3:22 pm

Those PB pretzels are like crack! Good thing the closest TJs is a bit of a hike. 🙂

7 Kailey July 23, 2009 at 3:25 pm

Those PB Filled pretzels are total CRACK. I can never buy them again…way too good!

8 Lizzy July 23, 2009 at 3:33 pm

i have a healthy obsession with pickles to. there just so good! 🙂

9 Stephanie July 23, 2009 at 3:47 pm

I agree that bread makes a better panini – better crisp on the outside and the yummy doughy envelope for the fillings on the inside!

10 Mandy A July 23, 2009 at 4:10 pm

awesome combo!!! I have TONS of squash in my freezer from our CSA delivery – I may try this out SOON!

11 cottchz July 23, 2009 at 4:17 pm

i used to work in this awesome organic deli and have some pretty crafty sammies up my sleeve if you wnat some ideas, though that looks delish!

do you like goat cheese by chance?? fresh herbs?
another random question…does your tongue ever feel funny after eating eggplant?

12 NY Wolve July 23, 2009 at 4:32 pm

The joys of finding a snackin the sdesk. How about when you need a boost and hope you have an energy bar in a drawer or your bag..and you lookfor one.. and Yes! there one is. A great feeling.

13 Andee (Runtolive) July 23, 2009 at 5:12 pm

I have to try those PB pretzels, I always see them at TJ, but have never bought them. Wraps are definitely messier than sandwiches!

14 Matt July 23, 2009 at 5:56 pm

I like sandwiches better than wraps too. Nothing better than a thick slice of bread!

15 Derek July 23, 2009 at 6:01 pm

about your distraction reading…since I’m in HR, I’ll wait until I get home to read the first article on my personal computer haha!

16 Christina July 23, 2009 at 6:36 pm

Haha I love snack drawers! But mine always end up emptying out way too quickly…

Btw, I have a contest going on at my blog if you want to check it out!

17 melruns July 23, 2009 at 7:53 pm

I like your wrap & sandwich combo. I get so caught up in routines sometimes (and I’m not saying this because I just happened to post about it) that I completely forget about different ingredients I used to like!

FF ricotta is awesome mixed with cinnamon and drizzled with honey on toast!! Swanky breakfast idea, huh? 😉

-Mel (http://sherunsbrooklyn.wordpress.com/)

18 roseyrebecca July 23, 2009 at 10:48 pm

I love pickles too!! New York has this awesome Renaissance Faire every summer and they sell humongous pickles!! YUM

Your wrap looks amazing!

Rebecca

19 Susan July 24, 2009 at 8:21 am

Is there actually PB inside those pretzels? I always thought they were just PB “flavoured”… Ha, my snacks at work never last, I’m the opposite 😛 Have a great Friday!