Morning Thunderstorms

by Meghann on July 20, 2009

Our typical afternoon thunderstorms decided to come a little early today. I was all geared up and ready for my run when I stepped outside to a down pour of rain. Not cool.

Instead of my planned 4 mile run outside I headed to my tiny apartment gym and knocked out a 5k on the treadmill. I felt sweaty and worked at the end, but still bummed I missed out on my outside run.

Just the amount of rain I hit in the walk from the gym to my apartment reaffirmed my unwillingness to run in the rain. I returned home soaked with squishy shoes. Yeah, not what I call fun by any means. I will admit the rain did cool me off and made the hot shower afterwards that much more enjoy able.

I had a lovely Parfait for breakfast this morning.

DSCN2801

I layered Oikos Honey Yogurt, Blueberries, Strawberries, & Meg’s Crunchy Mix Granola until the top of the glass then garnish with 2 Cherries.

DSCN2805

The parfait was light and refreshing, the perfect way to start my Monday morning. πŸ™‚

Did everyone have a great weekend? Any fun stories to tell?

1 tami July 20, 2009 at 8:43 am

i ran 17 miles, made 3 birthday cakes and we celebrated my son’s 4th birthday-it’s birthday week so we have one more cake to be made!

2 Sarah from Tally and Orlando July 20, 2009 at 8:49 am

Sweet has two new flavors…Blackberry and Coffee, both sooo good! You’ve gotta head over to Waterford and try them! And the guy working gave me 5 extra punches! I had the best luck this weekend!

3 Katrina (gluten free gidget) July 20, 2009 at 8:56 am

I have a funny sighting from the weekend. Yesterday, I saw an old man driving a nasy, beaten up truck with an interesting sign taped on the back window:
Fat Girls “Wonted” and a phone number
WHAT! I laughed for a good 10 minutes!

4 happygoluckyalex July 20, 2009 at 8:57 am

Fun stories? I ran a 10miler race and met up with Angela from OhSheGlows.com at the race!!!

5 VeggieGirl July 20, 2009 at 9:19 am

GORGEOUS parfait!!

Nothing out of the ordinary happened this weekend – still relaxing and enjoyable though πŸ™‚

Happy Monday!!

6 Erica July 20, 2009 at 9:20 am

It looks like its about to dump down here as well! What a yummy looking bfast- I love the cherries on top! Weekend was fabulous! Got a cute dress and enjoyed the warmth πŸ™‚

7 Jenn July 20, 2009 at 9:21 am

This weekend I went camping. We didn’t have a shower or a toilet. I hate camping.

Your breakfast looks delicious.

8 nutritionbyeve July 20, 2009 at 9:31 am

It’s amazing how making your food into a beautiful presentation can increase the enjoyment! Have a good day.

9 jenngirl July 20, 2009 at 9:33 am

Ugh sorry about the rain, I’m not a fan of getting rained on either, for any amount of time.

Beautiful parfait! My weekend was pretty standard, a little going out, a little staying in, and A LOT of grad school prep haha I’m so exciting! πŸ˜‰

10 brandi July 20, 2009 at 9:34 am

we must be having the same weather – it’s going to be pouring all day today and it started early this morning. you’re lucky you have an apartment gym!

best part of the weekend was homemade ww pizza + getting all our supplies for the Honduras trip this week. ah!

11 Lindsay July 20, 2009 at 10:09 am

batchelorette weekend complete with a midnight skinny dip in the lake! We’ve got thunderstorms today too…it is rumbling out there!

12 Whit July 20, 2009 at 10:15 am

yummy parfait! I hate running in the rain, so I am with on the treadmill…although I dislike that as well. Sunny outside runs are where it’s at!

13 ksgoodeats July 20, 2009 at 10:18 am

Sorry it rained on your run!! Your parfait looks great though πŸ™‚

14 Shannon (The Daily Balance) July 20, 2009 at 10:23 am

Parfait looks delish!!

15 bobbi July 20, 2009 at 10:36 am

Hubby and I had a romantic weekend away!!! Check out my last post

16 Susan July 20, 2009 at 11:49 am

I love finding other runners who hate running in the rain! Everyone I know here is hardcore and will run in anything, even ice storms! I just can’t do it, so you make me feel normal πŸ˜‰

I biked over 50k yesterday!! That was by far the highlight of my weekend πŸ˜€

17 Melissa S. July 20, 2009 at 11:54 am

i totally am like that with rain running too..but i realize that after a few minutes, i totally don’t care about being wet anymore

18 Mrs. Myers @ Eat Move Write July 20, 2009 at 12:31 pm

We partied on Saturday (pics on blog). That’s a RARITY for me. It was fun. Sorry about the rain. I’d much rather run outside too. It’s been too hot lately for us. We’ve had to do inside workouts too.

19 Jess July 20, 2009 at 1:22 pm

My morning run got rained out too…which is an extra bummer because I actually woke up on time and was ready to go (never happens!). Oh well, hopefully tomorrow…I have 3hrs of yoga to look forward to night. yay!

20 Stephanie July 20, 2009 at 1:40 pm

When you are near Pinkberry again, I recommend you try their new parfait with the Tropical Swirl Yogurt (Passion Fruit and Coconut). I had it for the first time last night, and it is divine!

21 roseyrebecca July 20, 2009 at 4:27 pm

I always walk to my gym except for when it rains! I hate rain so much! Your parfait looks so pretty.! I’ll have to try making mine in a pretty glass instead of all mixed up in a bowl. I bet I’d enjoy it more!