more ยป" />

Finally, A Winner

by Meghann on July 19, 2009

Derek and I may have struck out with our movie selection of Yes, Man last night, but we had great success with The Proposal this afternoon. This movie was hilarious and truly the definition of a perfect date movie. Plus major bonus points for getting to see Ryan Reynolds semi-nude. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Fun Fact: Did you know Ryan Reynolds was training for the NYC Marathon while he was filming The Proposal? He ended up finishing the marathon in three hours and fifty minutes! That fact alone just made him so much sexier in my eyes.

Before our 2:00 movie I three together a yummy mixed lunch of leftovers.

DSCN2786.JPG

In the bowl was Massage Kale Salad, Roasted Veggies, Raw Hummus and Sun Dried Tomato ‘Crackers.’

DSCN2779.JPG

I know the raw food messed with my tummy before, but I am hoping the small serving of the left over hummus won’t bother it as much as a full three course meal. This hummus was just too good to go to waste.

DSCN2782.JPG

After the movie Derek and I did a little mall cardio and hit up Starbucks for some fun drinks.

DSCN2787.JPG

I had a Grande Passion Fruit Tea. It was a nice change to the Iced Green Tea I usually order.

Derek ordered his usual Mocha… Frapa.. somehing or another with whipped cream.

DSCN2788.JPG

I promised him I would post on the blog that I did indeed have a sip of his drink. ๐Ÿ™‚

Derek made my day when he told me was staying for dinner. I love cooking for other people and making a meal for two rather then just one makes me happy. ๐Ÿ™‚

DSCN2796.JPG

I spotted salmon at Publix this afternoon for a decent price, so I purchased a fillet just big enough for two to enjoy. I browsed some marinades for the salmon, but in the end decided I could easily make my own marinade at home. After some googling I found this Martha Stewart recipe for Salmon with Herbed Yogurt Dressing. I made the addition of lemon to the dressing and the results were phenomenal!

DSCN2792.JPG

Holy Yum! The yogurt dressing really hit the spot. ๐Ÿ™‚ Derek was impressed the whole meal took me 20 minutes to put together. I am trying to teach him good food does not have to take forever to prepare. He plans to attempt cooking salmon for the first time on his own after witnessing how easy it truly is.

With the salmon I steamed some Yuca that I then coated with a tiny spoonful of butter.

DSCN2795.JPG

The tiny addition of butter really gives the yuca the extra kick that puts it over the edge.

The last five minutes the salmon was in the oven I three some asparagus in to roast up next to it.

DSCN2791.JPG

I like my asparagus with a little crunch, the five minutes was just the right amount of time in the oven for that perfect crunch.

My sweet tooth kicked in about an hour after dinner. I had a small bowl of the super sweet cherries I bought today and a piece of Hazelnut Creme Chocolate.

DSCN2800.JPG

Now I need to savor the last few hours left of the weekend before another work week begins. I hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend! ๐Ÿ™‚

1 happygoluckyalex July 19, 2009 at 8:59 pm

Wow. RR DID just get a LOT hotter! 3:50 marathon? That’s drool worthy!

2 VeggieGirl July 19, 2009 at 9:14 pm

Looovely leftovers!

3 Matt July 19, 2009 at 9:16 pm

Yay for marathon runners!

4 Amelia July 19, 2009 at 9:20 pm

I believe Ryan ran the marathon to support Michael J. Fox’s charity. Running for a good cause – even MORE amazing! ๐Ÿ™‚

5 jocelyneatsfresh July 19, 2009 at 9:24 pm

wow that salmon and yogurt dressing looks so good! I must try that!

6 Andee (Runtolive) July 19, 2009 at 9:29 pm

That salmon recipe looks great! I recently wrote an article for a quick 5 ingredient salmon dinner, please check it out!

7 Kim July 19, 2009 at 9:38 pm

If you can find it online, you must watch Ryan Reynolds on Ellen talking about his marathon experience (he “prayed for the sweet, sweet release of death”) — it is hilarious and too adorable!

Salmon and asparagus for Sunday dinner is so very classic! Yours looks delicious and so simple.

8 biz319 July 19, 2009 at 9:38 pm

I wish I liked salmon – it always looks so good!

Happy Sunday! ๐Ÿ˜€

9 Spotty Prep July 19, 2009 at 9:45 pm

I keep hearing good things about The Proposal, I need to see it! Glad you enjoyed your dinner, yuca= major yum!

10 Katrina (gluten free gidget) July 19, 2009 at 10:00 pm

My hubs and I went on a double date with my parents to see that movie! Soooo hilarious, and yes, Ryan Reynolds is a beautiful creature! I also love that Sandra Bullock has the figure of a normal woman and is still considered a sexy babe!

11 runnerskitchen July 19, 2009 at 10:02 pm

While I was running the NYC marathon in November I kept looking for Ryan Reynolds! Seeing that hot guy would have made the pain of mile 20-26 all worth it ๐Ÿ™‚ P.s. that’s a very wholesome and yummy looking salmon dinner!

12 Mara @ What's For Dinner? July 19, 2009 at 10:29 pm

Loving the salmon!!!! Next time you come up with something yummy, will you be my guest for dinner?? ๐Ÿ˜‰

13 JB July 19, 2009 at 10:55 pm

that salad looks reaaaally good. and i thought the proposal was really cute too! i saw it last week.

14 MarathonVal July 19, 2009 at 11:02 pm

I keep hearing how great The Proposal is but all of my friends have already seen it and I hate to drag my husband to a chick flick in case I REALLY want to see it – I like to pick my battles, haha – and I know I’m going to drag him to The Time Traveler’s Wife… but I keep hearing awesome reviews!

15 Tyler July 19, 2009 at 11:42 pm

Ugh, sorry I have to admit that I really didn’t like The Proposal….even Ryan Reynolds shirtless couldn’t save it. I liked The Hangover and Bruno better ๐Ÿ™‚

Your salmon with the yogurt sauce looks delicious!!!! I actually just bought some salmon today, so maybe I will have to try that out!

16 Sarah W. July 20, 2009 at 12:12 am

I LOVE the passion unsweetened iced tea from starbucks!!!!

17 carolinebee July 20, 2009 at 7:50 am

I love cooking for more than just me! That looks great, haha and thanks for all the recent movie reviews i love it!

18 Whit July 20, 2009 at 9:45 am

The Proposal was just toooooo good. Semi-nude Ryan Reynolds was definitely a plus. ๐Ÿ™‚ Your dinner looks fantastic, love the salmon!

19 roseyrebecca July 20, 2009 at 4:32 pm

I want to see The Proposal!! I am going to pick up the ingredients for the herbed yogurt and try it on some chicken (not the biggest seafood fan). That looks like such a good dinner!

20 Robin July 20, 2009 at 10:52 pm

Can’t wait to see The Proposal! I’m a big fan of both Bullock and Reynolds. Can’t believe he trained for a marathon while filming! Crazy.

21 loveprevails July 25, 2009 at 10:55 am

OMG, i just got back from Canada with salmon they were selling caught at the falls and I have been looking for something to do with it. I am so excited to try that Herb Yogurt recipe, though I amnot a Martha fan…
PS glad you like the Passion Fruit Iced Tea, its pretty much my fav non coffee drink at Starbs!!