New Suits

by Meghann on July 16, 2009

In honor of celebrating bikini confidence. I may or may not have ordered a couple of new swimsuits online today. πŸ˜‰

What do you think?

V269754 V281820_D28

(I actually ordered the purple version of the pink one. πŸ˜‰ )

Including shipping both suits came to a total of $23.48! I couldn’t pass up that deal!

If you are in the market for a new swim suit or just need something to do at work, I would highly suggest heading over to the swim suit sale going on now at Victoria Secret.. Be sure to use the promo code 40VSSWIM for an additional 40% off. πŸ™‚

I am seriously obsessed with Victoria Secret and purchase the majority of my swim suits through their site. I’m not a big online shopping fan, but for some reason the swimsuits always draw me in. Any VS people out there who need a promoter, I am your girl!

Where do you shop for your swim suits at?

Moving away from swim suits and back to food, I had a serving of Trader Joe’s Peanut Butter Filled Pretzels as my snack today.

DSCN2584

My Dad made a comment last night how at one point I was eating PB Pretzels everyday. This fact reminded me it had been a while since I had my last fix and I was jonsing for some PB Pretzels ASAP. You should never remind an addict of their addiction. πŸ˜‰

Lunch was simple but very enjoyable.

DSCN2585

I had 1/2 of a Grilled Cheese with Basil and Tomato Chutney on Publix Bakery Multi Grain Bread.

DSCN2588

I LOVED the combo of the fresh basil, melted cheese and tomato chutney. Oh so good!

With the sandwich I had a large Apple with my last serving of Almond Butter for dipping.

DSCN2587

There is something about a nice crisp, apple that is just do refreshing in this awful summer heat. I am really finding myself craving nothing but fruit lately. I actually debated just having a meal of fruit with almond butter. It’s too good.

After work I have Girls Night Out with some co-workers. I’ve never been out with any of my co-workers before so I am I really looking forward to it. I see a nice glass of wine in my future. πŸ˜‰

1 Stephanie July 16, 2009 at 1:55 pm

I have the pink one in purple, as well. I like it ok, but don’t looove how the top fits. Hopefully it fits you better!

2 tlconrad July 16, 2009 at 2:00 pm

i LOVE LOVE LOVE victorias secrets swimsuits. they go on sale so cheap and i actually have th pink one in black, yellow and pink regular. i like the top a lot, but i have pretty big chesticals… they stay put pretty well. i pretty much only buy suits from vs online and only when they are on sale. i had a baby last year and i am not as slim as i used to be. there are still some stretch marks (which fade tremendously with some tan on them) but i have been bikini confident this summer.

3 Jennifer @ His N' Her Health July 16, 2009 at 2:11 pm

I love the pink one! Super cute. I like VS bathing suits but I am always scared to buy them online because I have a hard time finding the right fit with bathing suits!

4 Whit July 16, 2009 at 2:35 pm

Hot b-suits! Holla for girl’s night!

5 Lindsey (Mrs. LC) July 16, 2009 at 2:43 pm

Oh no…oh no…seeing those suits might be spurring my VS bikini addiction…yes, it’s kicking in…must go shop sales! I LOVE VS bikinis!

6 brandi July 16, 2009 at 2:43 pm

cute suits! and your lunch sounds great. I love good grilled cheese sandwiches.

have fun tonight!

7 jessica July 16, 2009 at 2:44 pm

haha this is too funny!
after i saw your twitter post about this i headed over to the VS site and those are the exact same suits i had picked out for myself!!!
Enjoy them!

8 Nicole July 16, 2009 at 2:46 pm

Cute suits!! Have a good night πŸ™‚

9 Jess July 16, 2009 at 2:49 pm

I love VS swim suits too and I was actually online looking at some the other day! Thanks so much for the promo code! How do you find their sizes run. I’m a little nervous to order and have it not quite fit!

10 melruns July 16, 2009 at 2:54 pm

I never order the right size bathing suits from them! I always think I’m an XS on top (which is always a little small) and a S on the bottom (which is always a little small!) clearly, I’m a S & M combo..

I need to tell my butt to tell my brain.

-Mel (http://sherunsbrooklyn.wordpress.com/)

11 Danielle July 16, 2009 at 3:06 pm

Thank you for the VS tip! I just ordered two suits as well πŸ™‚

12 jessica July 16, 2009 at 3:08 pm

UPDATE for fellow Canadians…

So I went back to the site because I didn’t realize there was a 40% off offer… I ended up ordering 2 suits!! Woo hoo!!

With shipping etc my order came to $35USD, so about $40cdn, you can’t get ONE suit for that price! πŸ™‚

13 ADRI July 16, 2009 at 3:10 pm

I WISH i had the guts to wear one. I lost a lot of weight recently (62 lbs.!), but unfortunately I have stretch marks in my lower back and thighs! It SUCKS!

14 Amelia July 16, 2009 at 3:15 pm

Wow great deal on the swimsuits! I’ve never bought a suit through VS but I have always heard how great they are. I will have to check that out. They are definitely cute!

15 The Novice Berker July 16, 2009 at 3:17 pm

I almost strictly buy my swimsuits at VS too! Thanks a million for the discount code; 40% is a HUGE savings!!! πŸ™‚

16 Rachel July 16, 2009 at 3:18 pm

Woo woo pink bikini represent! Someday I’ll get one πŸ˜‰

17 peanutbutterandjenny July 16, 2009 at 3:34 pm

you are gonna be one hot mama in those bathing suits! VS has had such awesome sales lately!

18 Vanessa (Last Night's Leftovers) July 16, 2009 at 3:36 pm

I love VS! Thanks for the promo code πŸ˜€

19 KatieMoo July 16, 2009 at 3:39 pm

Hey Meghann + readers, I have a quick question about running… when you started running did it make you feel sick? I am in decent shape but am horrible at running (I usually bike and use the elliptical). I keep trying to run and can do up to a mile at a time, but I feel SO sick for hours afterwards…. anyone know why? thanks!

20 Melissa S. July 16, 2009 at 3:49 pm

i bought a suit through VS and actually, I HATED IT

21 Melissa S. July 16, 2009 at 3:50 pm

i bought a suit through VS and actually, I HATED IT! Such sadness…I bet I just got the wrong one…oh well.

22 Andrea July 16, 2009 at 3:51 pm

LOL – my boss got her implants taken out earlier this year, so the day before her surgery, we spent two hours on VS online picking out no less than 10 new bathing suits for her. I love my job πŸ™‚

23 Sarah July 16, 2009 at 4:00 pm

I decided to get the one with the birds on it, too! I haven’t bought it yet, but will now with the extra 40% off. Thanks, Meghann!

24 Christina July 16, 2009 at 4:01 pm

Your lunch looks so pretty on that plate. I’ve been obsessed with fruit lately too. I definitely get my daily servings, plus more!

25 Ada July 16, 2009 at 4:08 pm

I love the new suits! I usually purchase mine at swimoutlet.com but only competitive suits, not bikinis.

26 Chloe July 16, 2009 at 4:20 pm

Love the suits! The brown one’s top is so cute and flattering, you’ll definitely have to show them off once you get a chance to wear them.

27 Shannon (The Daily Balance) July 16, 2009 at 4:40 pm

While I like VS swimsuits, I’ve had bad luck with swimsuits that i can’t actually TRY ON! From now on, I always make sure I try on a swimsuit before buying. I really like La Blanca swimwear, though!

28 Andrea July 16, 2009 at 4:44 pm

I’m back to yell at you – I just spent 70 bucks on 3 swimsuits. And I live in Oregon. And I already have 5 suits at home. But, it’s 90 degrees here today so I feel like I needed some new ones πŸ™‚

29 Erin July 16, 2009 at 4:53 pm

Very cute swim suits! My favorite place to order them from is J. Crew the just fit me the best!

30 Therese July 16, 2009 at 4:53 pm

I’m blaming you when my husband gets pissed at me for online shopping!! I love their bathing suits and that is dirt cheap!

31 Susan July 16, 2009 at 5:03 pm

I’m loving the new swimsuits!!! I especially like the one on the left. I actually only own two – a sport one for laps, and a bikini I bought (my first one!) a few months ago that’s actually too big for me now. Sounds like perfect timing to get a discounted VS one, thanks Meghann! πŸ™‚

32 JB July 16, 2009 at 5:07 pm

i order primarily all of my swimsuits from VS as well! i’m going to pay a visit to the site right now, thanks to you for telling me there’s a sale going on! even though swimsuits are the last thing i need to be spending money on. haha. have a great girls’ night out. fun fun!

-JB

33 Danielle C. July 16, 2009 at 5:44 pm

I love VS bikinis! Plus you can’t beat the prices when they are on sale. Super cute. πŸ™‚

My other fave place is Honolua Surf Shop (I think they are only a Hawaiian chain, I usually buy a new suit each time we go ;)).

34 Matt July 16, 2009 at 5:52 pm

I have been addicted to fuji apples recently. I was addicted to honey crisps in the spring but now I am onto fuji’s! Fruit is the best!

35 Lynn (The Actors Diet) July 16, 2009 at 5:59 pm

i buy my suits are target and h&m. works well, b/c i hardly wear them!

36 Hangry Pants July 16, 2009 at 6:25 pm

Tell me about sizing of their swim suits? Big, small? True? Give me hard facts here – bra size to top size translation. You can email if this is a private matter. : D

37 Joanna July 16, 2009 at 9:30 pm

Jcrew has great suits that you can mix and match. Also they last a long time! They usually have some on sale too!

38 roseyrebecca July 16, 2009 at 10:15 pm

I can’t believe you got bathing suits so cheap from Victoria’s Secret. I used to work at Bath and Body Works and I got a discount at Victoria’s Secret. I’ve never gotten anything that cheap! That’s such a great deal!

I’ve been seeing so many grilled cheese sandwiches everywhere!! I am craving one!

39 Tay July 17, 2009 at 2:08 am

woah good deal!! I got most of my suits from Target. Cheap, but not as cheap as those Vicky’s suits!

40 RJ July 17, 2009 at 5:12 am

I can’t be seen in public withour underwiring in my bra! So I always head to Bravissimo or Figleaves online to get an awesome range of bra sized bikini tops in gorgeous styles and matching bottoms in different sizes. I recently disovered brapstop.com as well who have a great range of underwear and swimwear for the the ladies with curves up top!