Kicking Booty

by Meghann on July 16, 2009

It was another Mini-Golf Tournament show down in my office today.

This week the Executive Office (my team) was up against the Development Team. My co-worker, John, and I volunteered to be the players for our tea. Well actually we were forced to step in when no one else volunteered. πŸ˜‰

I have to admit we were a little spooked when the two people we were matched up against from the development team showed up in their golfing best, complete with polo, shorts & shoes, but we managed to hold our own. Apparently, the two of them are weekly golfers and take the sport very seriously. I on the other hand showed up in my pointy red shoes, ready to roll. It was a close, fun game, but in the end John and I managed to kick some Development Team booty and set a new course record of 20 strokes!

DSCN2591.JPG

We’re going to the semi-finals!

I have to say I have really been enjoying out mini-golf tournament. It’s a great way to bring up company morale and allow everyone to take a breather for 30 minutes out of the week. It’s also good motivation knowing each winner of the winning team will receive a $75 AmEx Gift card!

Right after I kicked booty, I had an Amazing Grass Superfoods Bar to celebrate.

DSCN2593.JPG

The need for celebration coinsided perfectly with the already laid out plans of Girls Night Out with my co-workers. πŸ™‚

We all met at Brio for some drinks and an early dinner straight from work.

I immediately ordered a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon as soon as I was seated.

DSCN2595.JPG

I slowly nursed this glass throughout the evening. I have a talent for making one drink last as long as possible, so that no one will question an empty glass that they feel the need to refill.

One of my co-workers ordered a couple of trays of appetizers for the table and was happy to pose with the spread. πŸ™‚

DSCN2598.JPG

DSCN2597.JPG

I nibbled on one of the Shrimp Bruschettas while chatting with the co-workers.

DSCN2599.JPG

It’s always fun to go out with people I work with and hear all of the office gossip. I am pretty sure every office has a past of rumors that is fun to be dug up after a couple rounds of drinks.

When it came time to order the food I wasn’t very hungry, but also knew I would not feel like making anything once I got home so I went ahead ordered the small Chopped Salad along with a cup of the Tomato Bisque.

DSCN2608.JPG

DSCN2611.JPG

The salad was great with the right amount of yummy veggies, but the soup was a little heavy for my taste. I could really taste the heavy whipping cream in the soup and it did a number on my stomach. I should have just waited until I got home to eat anything because this meal was just not worth eating out. I went home feeling bloated and yucky.

I tried to walk off the soup when I did make it home, but it didn’t help. I really just wanted something cold to suck on so I pulled an Icee Pop out of the freezer to see if it would help.

DSCN2614.JPG

It helped a little, but my stomach still feels icky.

I’m glad I went out tonight because I really did have a great time with my co-workers, I am just sad how the soup made me feel afterwards. I learned my lesson though. If I’m not hungry, then I don’t need to order anything.

I think its going to be an early night for me. Hopefully I will feel better in time for my 7 mile run I was counting on in the morning. *fingers crossed*

1 Amelia July 16, 2009 at 8:32 pm

Hope you feel better!!! Congrats on the golf win today! Your office and coworkers sound so fun. πŸ™‚

2 Lexi July 16, 2009 at 8:38 pm

I’ve been browsing the Amazing Grass website because I would love to try their products. Do you have any suggestions for a first timer? Thanks for the help πŸ™‚

3 Meghann July 16, 2009 at 8:49 pm

Hey Lexi, I am not that familiar with Amazing Grass products, I would suggest asking Jenna at eatliverun.com for her opinion πŸ™‚

4 caitlin July 17, 2009 at 7:36 am

lexi i like the chocolate one the most!!!

5 Jane July 16, 2009 at 8:42 pm

Well, no – you should order something out if you are eating at a restaurant simply because the server – who makes like 3 bucks an hour before tips in florida – is living off tips and if there are people NOT eating at their table, you are taking up room that could be full of people that are ordering food helping that server make a living. And believe it or not, if you are with a bigger group…this is how you screw the poor server out of even more money! If you don’t want to eat, don’t go out to a restaurant period.
Sorry if i sound rude, just as a former long time server I feel the need to point these things out. Of course, if you’re drinking and still tipping, its not THAT bad…but still, always consider the server!

6 Meghann July 16, 2009 at 8:47 pm

Jane – I still ordered a glass of wine and would have tipped the same amount whether I ordered just a glass of wine or the measly salad and soup. I usually tip a higher % if I order just a drink because I know how servers feel.

7 caitlin July 17, 2009 at 7:36 am

do YOU really not go out with friends to dinner if you aren’t super hungry because you don’t want to take up “space” at a restaurant? i highly doubt that.

8 Island Girl Eats July 16, 2009 at 8:43 pm

I am the same way, if I eat rich foods I really pay for it with my stomach. I feel really sluggish too. Hope you feel better in time for your run!

9 Lauren July 16, 2009 at 8:55 pm

Aww, I’m so sorry to hear that the soup didn’t sit well in your tummy. I hate when that happens. Do you ever get totally sad when your stomach is having an “off” day? I feel like I am missing out on enjoying some amazing flavors and food and it always makes me so bummed.

Hope you feel better darling! Take care and sleep well.

10 Matt July 16, 2009 at 9:22 pm

Haha nice job on the tournament! Maybe you should take up golf in place of running?

Just kidding…

11 stephanie p July 16, 2009 at 9:35 pm

I dont like Brio at all…in my experience their food is super greasy, even when I request no butter…

12 roseyrebecca July 16, 2009 at 10:21 pm

I always feel like I have to order something when I go out to eat. I order tea when I’m not hungry! I still feel like I’m having a treat.

13 Deva July 16, 2009 at 11:56 pm

I’m sorry the soup wasn’t so great πŸ™ The salad looks really yummy tho!

14 Rebeca July 17, 2009 at 12:44 am

co-workers plus drinks is always an adventure!

Hope you feel better in the AM!

15 biz319 July 17, 2009 at 8:30 am

Sorry the soup made you feel bad – hopefully you were able to get the run in this morning! πŸ˜€

16 Christina July 17, 2009 at 8:43 am

Congrats on the mini golf win – Your office sounds so fun!

17 Whit July 17, 2009 at 9:20 am

mini golf sounds fun! I must say if I kept Icee Pops in my freezer they would be on my blog all the time. I love those things, esp the green!