Harry Potter Mainia

by Meghann on July 16, 2009

It was Harry Potter Mania at the theater last night!

I didn’t see anyone crazy enough to be in costume, but the fact that 30 minutes before start time the line to get in the theater wrapped around the building was insanity on its own. The line literally twisted around the building and ours was only one of 27 showings at that location alone. Insane!$!$

I liked the movie, but I always need to see the Harry Potter Movies at least twice in the theater to let it sink in. As was expected, they managed to leave quite a bit of details out that were in the book, but who really wants to sit through a 5 hour movie? I always find it interesting to see how others interrupt scenes on the screen as opposed to how I see them in my head. Sometimes its spot on and others they are way off.

Seeing how much they cut from the sixth book, really makes me happy they are making the 7th book a two parter. Hopefully, this will give them a little leeway to have as much detail as possible. 😉

Yesterday afternoon I was very anxious at my desk with the excitement of my after work plans. I love having fun things to look forward too!

I munched on a TJ’s Peanut Butter Crunchy Granola Bar around 3:00pm when my tummy started feeling empty.

DSCN2563

After work I had to battle lovely rush hour traffic to meet my Dad, Aunt and Uncles at the new Mellow Mushroom location on the east side of town.

DSCN2564

If you are a follower of my blog then you know how much I LOVE Mellow Mushroom. It is hands down my favorite pizza place. Even though it it a chain, I love how they manage to make each location feel very local and unique.

Sadly, enough no one was interested in splitting the absolute best thing on the menu with me. So I was forced to order a small Mega Veggie Pizza just for me. No worries, left over pizza is the best!

DSCN2568

The Mega Veggie Pizza comes with sun dried tomatoes, spinach, jalapenos,

mushrooms, onions, black olives, tomatoes, broccoli, feta, banana peppers, artichoke hearts and tofu. Yum! As always, I special requested no mozzarella and no butter or parmesan on the crust.

DSCN2569

I ate 2 delicious slices and saved the rest for another day.

I found it amusing my Dad rolled his eyes on what I was planning on ordered and ended up ordering the complete opposite.

DSCN2570

While mine was overflowing with ever veggie possible his was overflowing with every meat possible. Got to love Dads. 🙂

Even though we arrived at the theater 40 minutes before our movie start time, the line to get in had already began to wrap around.

DSCN2573

By the time it was our turn to enter the theater all of the seats in the middle section were gone. We had to begrudgingly take our seats on the side, but thankfully not in the front row.

I was craving a sweet movie treat, but did not have it into me to buy a jumbo candy pack from the concession stand. Instead I took advantage of the candy machines that were right outside our theater.

DSCN2575

For 50 cents I got just the right amount of Peanut M&Ms needed to appease my craving.

DSCN2576

I ended up getting home very late and did not even have it in me to turn my laptop on. I took Abbie out and went straight to bed.

This morning I woke up to some fresh Jillian pain. The 5 lb upgrade from yesterday left my arms a little sore. Always a good sign in my book! I repeated Level 1 of the 30 Day shred with the 5 lb weights again this morning, then cooled down and stretched to Detox Yoga #2 thanks to Yogadownload.com.

I decided to mix my breakfast bowl for the picture this morning, as this is how I really eat it. I am definitely a girl who loves to make a mess of my bowl or plate my mixing all the flavors together. 🙂

DSCN2580

DSCN2583

About halfway through eating my cereal I noticed something was off, like it was missing something. This was when I realized I had accidentally left the gran
ola out that I was planning on adding. I decided it was not worth it to get up and add it then, but I was definitely missing the granola this morning.

I’m so glad its Thursday. This week is going by painfully slowly. Sigh.

1 Tanya July 16, 2009 at 9:27 am

I saw it last night too – though I didn’t have to wait in lines (we did arrive 20 mins early though and the theater was full). I didn’t like it 🙁

2 Danielle July 16, 2009 at 9:27 am

I’m glad that you liked the movie. I’ve read all of the books but haven’t seen all of the movies so I’m hoping to catch up and then see this one in the theater eventually 🙂

I also LOVE Mellow Mushroom, but it’s been a few years since I’ve eaten there as there isn’t one close to where I live now. Glad you enjoyed it.

Have a great day!

3 Erica July 16, 2009 at 9:29 am

OW! Love the Mellow Mushroom! I agree- every location is so different…its hard to believe its a chain. I haven’t had their hummus in forever, I need to get back there for that deliciousness. Glad you had fun at the movie- I cannot believe that line. Have a good Thursday

4 Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) July 16, 2009 at 9:34 am

The Mellow Mushroom sounds great!

It’s funny how crazy things get when a big movie opens. I’m glad they split up the last book into two movies too, I’m looking forward to seeing this one but not until next week or so 😉

5 leslie July 16, 2009 at 9:37 am

27 showings!? insanity. my breakfasts are always big messes as well. best way to get every flavor in one bite!

6 Anna July 16, 2009 at 9:51 am

Hi Meghann. I started my own blog today and am so excited about it!! I would really like it if you’d check it out! It’s http://www.annaseats.com. I really enjoy reading your blog so any comments you have would be much appreciated. Hope you have a great day!

7 Amanda July 16, 2009 at 9:58 am

Your veggie pizza looks awesome! I’m with you on the quiet week…ugh is right. At least it’s almost the weekend again. 🙂

8 Shannon (The Daily Balance) July 16, 2009 at 10:02 am

I still have yet to try mellow mushroom, but I love me some ZA and if you like it so much, I’ve gotta try it ASAP!

Glad you enjoyed Harry potter, me and the Mister will be going this weekend 😉

9 brandi July 16, 2009 at 10:17 am

mellow mushroom looks so good! glad you guys had a good time at the movie.

and I agree about this week! it is dragging.

10 Anna July 16, 2009 at 10:18 am

I saw Harry Potter last night too! At a theater that I have never seen more than five people in the audiance it was PACKED!

11 Whit July 16, 2009 at 10:20 am

Pizza + Harry! I am so recreating that tonight!

12 Bec July 16, 2009 at 10:26 am

Love the pizza, harry potter and dad night so fun!

13 organicglamourgirl July 16, 2009 at 10:28 am

Oh my, that pizza looks amazing! I am going to see if we have a Mellow Mushroom in Columbus, as that my be dinner tonight! I love that you ordered with out the parm butter or mozzerella. Genious! And it actually looks more tasty without the extra fat.

I’m off to see HP next weekend with my mom! It’s a family affair in our house too!

14 insideiamdancing July 16, 2009 at 10:30 am

I’ve never seen/read ANY HP stuff (despite living in the same city as JK Rowling- I had coffee this morning in the place that claims she wrote the first book if that counts!)

The pizza looks great- hehe, my dad’s would probably be similar to your dad’s!

15 krittie July 16, 2009 at 10:38 am

Can you believe that the movies grossed $22 million on the first night alone?!?!?! I am sure you can, but to put it into perspective, the night that the Dark Night came out, it only made $4 million! What a turn out 🙂

16 Allison July 16, 2009 at 10:46 am

Always torturing me with Mellow Mushroom…

😛

17 tami July 16, 2009 at 11:05 am

we went to our first Mellow Mushroom in Columbia SC a few weeks ago, it was SO GOOD. i can see why it’s your favorite. we dont’ have them up here in New England.

18 Niki July 16, 2009 at 11:15 am

Yum! I love the mellow mushroom!!

19 biz319 July 16, 2009 at 11:24 am

Ha! My husband would have been all over you Dad’s pizza – we have a restaurant by us that has a meat lovers pizza:

– sausage
– pepperoni
– roast beef
– sliced meatballs
– canadian bacon
– bacon

I am actually going to be making a cauliflower pizza crust for my normal pizza party Friday – wish me luck!

Happy Thursday!

20 Danielle C. July 16, 2009 at 11:37 am

Mellow Mushroom sounds delicious!! Too bad there isn’t one in Washington, although it sounds like one is opening this year in Phoenix (we’ll be there in October so MAYBE we can go).

I’m glad my husband loves a pizza full of veggies, in fact his open minded eating habits are one of the things I appreciate the most about him (my BFF’s hubs is the pickiest eater I have EVER met, it drives me crazy and I’m not married to him lol).

21 Andee (Runtolive) July 16, 2009 at 12:06 pm

Your pizza looks so good! I wish we had a Mellow Mushroom here in LA. Harry Potter tonight for sure!

22 Stacey July 16, 2009 at 12:10 pm

Mmmmm I love the mellow mushroom!! My friend introduced me to that place when I went to visit her in GA…so good 🙂 Glad you had fun last night!

23 JohannaB July 16, 2009 at 12:32 pm

Your pizza looks absolutely perfect. I wish there was a Mellow Mushroom here – all we have are the big “four”.

24 Jenn Eats Nutritiously Now July 16, 2009 at 12:32 pm

Ha! That is funny that you got two opposite pizzas!

25 inmytummy July 16, 2009 at 12:35 pm

Have you ever had Mellow Mushroom’s sandwiches? They are very good. My favorite is the tofu, which I get with no mayo and no cheese.

26 Meghann July 16, 2009 at 1:04 pm

I always debate getting one of their sammies, but I just can never resist their pizza! 🙂

27 nutritionbyeve July 16, 2009 at 12:36 pm

The pizza looks amazing! I once ate at the Mellow Mushroom in GA, and it was delicious. Unfortunately we don’t have them here (NYC), but we do have lots of other yummy pizza places. Glad you liked the movie. Enjoy your day,
Eve

28 Mandy A July 16, 2009 at 1:10 pm

Mellow Mushroom is our absolute fav place to get pizza here in nashville 🙂 We are pizza freaks… we get our fill quite a bit 🙂

29 ksgoodeats July 16, 2009 at 1:14 pm

I love that TJs granola bar!! Yum! Glad you had a great night at the movie 🙂

30 Matt July 16, 2009 at 1:30 pm

Glad you enjoyed the movie. I thought it was awesome!

31 roseyrebecca July 16, 2009 at 8:10 pm

Tha pizza looks amazing! I’ve never thought of ordering the crust without butter! I’ll have to try that.

{ 1 trackback }